Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Waterfod Group/band of the 60s,70,80s only

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Well. Did you have a fav Band / Group in the 60s,70s or 80s and who were they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

Gillespie sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

:cool:Did the guy with the limp play with TAXI ???

waterford wrote: »
    :cool:Did the guy with the limp play with TAXI ???

who's the guy with the limp?
    Edit: now that took awhile for the penny to drop :p but I'll leave the rest of the reply in there anyway.

I can remember some of the members .... the late Bobby Bible (keys) as well as Des Whelan (bass), Ray Moyser (drums), Skinner Flynn (vocals) ... but am sure there was someone else but it's lost in the mist of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That era is a little bit before my time but I do remember The Village put out a 7" single in the late 80's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Sorry not in TAXI
    Was he the drummer in Simon so ?:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Village - from about 1986, great potential, released one 7" single and where are they now?

FishBowel wrote: »
    Village - from about 1986, great potential, released one 7" single and where are they now?
    My partner (girlfriend at the time) and I produced a video for the song Sacrifice that was aired on the RTE tv show Vincent Hanley's Music television that aired on a Sun afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Soul reason of course. Used to hang around with peter Kelly's son and obviously met peter over the years. Deadly band

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

The Partners. Used to rock Garveys every Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

SIMON,a great cover band,used to play showboat Thurs and Fri night's 50p cover charge.They also played o'shea's hotel tramore on sat night 9-11 and then run down piper's field to play caraousel night club 12-2. 1970's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Soul Reason and also the Lonesome Hobos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

FishBowel wrote: »

quick youtube search finds them on some Dave Fanning thing playing the single

Advertisement