Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I want to add a sign up mailing list to a website.

The information I want to have in the sign up forum is:

Name
    Country of residence
    Email address

How do I go about mass emailing to 1000+ people by country?

I would like to see how many people have signed up to the mailing list from each country.

Would it be much more difficult to have it so each email starts Dear (persons name) while still sending one mass email from my point of view?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Add a basic HTML form with some textboxes, when they hit submit, send the data into a table in a database with some PHP/mySQL.

When you want to send email to the country, query the database for all countries, populate a dropdown box with all them. Then which ever one you select, query the database for that country, then iterate through the returned list of people from that country. Storing the name and an email in a variable each time, send the email using the $email variable and start it off with the Dear $name variable.

Haven't really done anything like this myself but in theory this should be close!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you're not comfortable with the technology then you'd be better off using a 3rd party solution like MailChimp to handle it for you

You can specify which data you want to collect from users when they signup and then do mailings based on the criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

Had a look at MailChimp and it seems to fit the bill while offering a free solution for up to 2,000 subscribers.

Advertisement