Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to call an Irish number

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

My bf is in Australia and I need to call him, his phone is on an Irish network but it won't ring when I diall the number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

00353 then drop 0 and add number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

00353 and your BFs number without the first zero,for example if it's an 087 number:
    0035387xxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

It's not working but thanks anyway!

Your phone may not let you ring long distance also does he have credit on his that would be an issue also

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Yes he emailed earlier to say he had no credit, thats probably the problem! Would messages send?

• Advertisement

Wouldnt think he will recieve untill credit on phone. It will cost you a good bit to ring and cost him a good bit a minute also to take call text also expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

It doesn't cost anything to receive a text so he should be able to get that fine, he just can't receive a call as he has no credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 minsbarron

Why don't you just top up his phone online for him through your internet banking or on the phone networks website? That way he can receive your call. If you have free calls to him with your plan it won't cost you to call him in Australia. He'll also only have to pay a connection fee to receive your call (79c with Vodafone, not sure of others) & no rate per minute after.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

He's on an Irish network.

You don't need 353 if you're calling him from Ireland, just call the usual 087 etc. If you're calling an Irish number from within Oz then you need the +353.

As you've guessed, the reason you can't reach him is because he needs credit to receive a call when he's roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

podgie. wrote: »
    your boyfriend in is oz and your trying to ring him. if that is the case it's +61 not +353

+353 is for phones inside Ireland
    +61 is for phones inside OZ

0061 etc
    His phone number is +353, it doesn't change when he comes to Oz. +6187.... would call nothing, or possibly an oz landline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Traq wrote: »
    It doesn't cost anything to receive a text so he should be able to get that fine, he just can't receive a call as he has no credit.

I don't know if maybe it's true of particular contracts or Australia, but if you're roaming it usually costs money to receive texts. It's the first text message you receive on a new network, the cost of making and receiving calls and sending and receiving texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Gatica wrote: »
    I don't know if maybe it's true of particular contracts or Australia, but if you're roaming it usually costs money to receive texts. It's the first text message you receive on a new network, the cost of making and receiving calls and sending and receiving texts.

It's free to receive texts on all Irish networks within Australia, you just have to pay for sending texts and receiving/making calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

cool, I stand corrected so...

Advertisement