Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3: Wildcard Play Off Round Results

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭

Too tired to do a write up. Probably won't have time tomorrow either.

Lions beat Seahawks in a hard fought battle 31-6.

Really doesn't tell the story of the game. Seahawks were excellent for the most part. Lions broke off a few big plays, a very lucky TD right before half time to leave it 14-3 I think going into the half.

Seahawks played very well but just couldn't get it into the endzone. Think the fact the Lions stopped their run game and forced the Seahawks to pass had a major effect on the game. The Lions soaked up the Seahawks good drives and bided their time to stop the Seahawks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers 38-10 Bears

Green Bay advance to the divisional round for a highly anticipated meeting against the Bucs after a solid 38-10 win over the Chicago. The game began in an offensive with scores on the first 3 offensive drives to make it 14-7 to the Packers. The Bears then moved the ball down the field again only for Dwayne Bowe of all people to be stripped after a reception. After this, the Packers D became stingy and didn't allow any more points until a Field Goal with 3 minutes left in the game.

The Packers Offense exploded into life in this one as the following stats show:

Sam Bradford: 20/21 268 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs
    Ray Rice: 22 attempts 149 yards 3 TDs 3 Receptions 6 yards 1 TD

Thanks for the game Paddy. Catch you again in Madden 13!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

SantryRed wrote: »
    Packers 38-10 Bears

Green Bay advance to the divisional round for a highly anticipated meeting against the Bucs after a solid 38-10 win over the Chicago. The game began in an offensive with scores on the first 3 offensive drives to make it 14-7 to the Packers. The Bears then moved the ball down the field again only for Dwayne Bowe of all people to be stripped after a reception. After this, the Packers D became stingy and didn't allow any more points until a Field Goal with 3 minutes left in the game.

The Packers Offense exploded into life in this one as the following stats show:

Sam Bradford: 20/21 268 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs
    Ray Rice: 22 attempts 149 yards 3 TDs 3 Receptions 6 yards 1 TD

Thanks for the game Paddy. Catch you again in Madden 13!! :D

Well played Ben I had no luck tonight Bowe of all people fumbling at a vital moment and then you recovered another fumble on the 3 yard line just before half time. I couldn't stop you in the second half. Good luck for the rest of the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well played Ben I had no luck tonight Bowe of all people fumbling at a vital moment and then you recovered another fumble on the 3 yard line just before half time. I couldn't stop you in the second half. Good luck for the rest of the playoffs.

Forgot about that. Another huge play. I really did get all the luck. Thanks for all the games over the past 3 seasons mate. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bills @ Titans (all titled Battle of the Mods!)
    The Titans win the toss and elect to kick.

Bills move ti methpodically and then a breakout run from abotu 40 yards gets them a TD

7-0 Bills
    Titans have a 3 and out

Bills audible and a receiver is lined up with no D-man long TD Bills

14-0
    Things go terrible for Titans.. a pass to Mojo.. he slips.. its picked off for 6!

21-0

Titans get a FG

21-3
    Titans force a punt

Titans move it up field and then hit Manningham for a TD

21-10

Bills move it well on the ground and mix it short passes for a TD

28-10 Bills with less than a minute to go in the half.

A big sack leaves the Titans with a long 4th down, they dont make.
    HT - 28-10 Bills - Titans to receive

Titans have a 3 and out

Bills get a FG

31-10

Titans start moving it.. but then Finley gets injured Titans punt

What should be a pick for the Titans.. ends up with a fumble recovery for the Titans.

Thomas gets a TD

31-17 Bills

Bills have to punt

Titas move it.. Finley fumbles.. Titans dive on it
    Camarillo gets a TD!

31-24 Bills

Bills go on a long drive for a TD

38-24 Bills

Titans move it well Finley gets a Td

38-31 Bills 2:53 left

Bills get a key third down to make a new set of downs and that is game!

Some Stats!

Titans with 370 yards of offense, 63 rushing, 307 passing
    Bills with 408 yards of offense 282 rushing, 126 passing

Bills 3rd down rate was an impressive 71%

Buf 21/7/3/7
    Ten 3/7/7/14

Schuab had a rating of 115, 21 from 35 313 yards, 4 TDs and 1 Int
    Cutlet had a rating of 97, 8 from 16 126 yards 1 Td and ) ints

Lynch had a great game 31 carries for 195 yards and 2 TDs
    Woodhead with 8 carries from 63 90 yards and a TD

MJD not so good, 12 carries for 63 yards

Finley leads the receiving stats, 10 catches 156 yars and a TD

Good game dave and good chatting and best of luck.

See you lot in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Honestly i thought i had it sewn up in the second half. But fair play you rallied back and Finley had a beast of a game for ya. Marshawn Lynch for me was immense, falling forward nearly every time.

Enjoy the wedding and ill see ya in madden 13 !

P.S Titans beat the spread for all you gamblers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sounds like a great game!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Sounds like a great game!!

Was an enjoyable if semi frustrating game! the pick 6 happened because MJD slipped which is always annoying and he struggled in the run game.
    But Dave was worth his win and i was happy to get back into it and make a game of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Would the bewildering or the deazzling Bengals show up today?

Chargers elect to receive, move ball well, get a 3rd & 15 conversion to Hernandez after a sack and kick on from there to score on a Hernandez TD catch
    7-0 SD
    Bengals have some typical brainfarts (blaming the drugs on today), and they run out of time on first two plays and face 1st & 20. Convert from there but eventually punt to dangerous San Diego offense.
    Chargers go three and out.
    Bengals get the running game going, and couple short passes and eventually Michael Turner runs in from 2 yards out.
    7-7
    Patrick Chung picks off Fitzpatrick and takes it to the house from 40 yards on next drive.
    14-7 CIN
    Dawan Landry picks off Fitzpatrick on next drive, however San Diego D stays strong and forces a red zone thee and out as Bengals settle for FG.
    17-7 CIN
    Chargers drive back up the field focusing on the run after Harvard boy's nerves, with Blount eventually falling in from 2 yards out.
    17-14 CIN
    Bengals go three and out and leave Chargers a little time. COuple long passes into red zone, and some timing issues mean clock runs out before they can do anything for a score.
    HALF TIME
    'Bewildering' Bengals come out to play, as Johnny White calls for fair catch on kickoff, but he's actually on his own 1yd line, ahh!
    Chargers stuff the run and force a safety.
    17-16 CIN
    Chargers move towards red zone, relying on the run, until... San Diego fumbles (not sure which RB) and Starks recovers.
    Next play from Bengals, audible run left and Michael the 'ironic burner' Turner blasts through and no-one can catch him for an 87yd TD!
    24-16 CIN
    Bengals force punt on next drive, and a big run from Best (62 yards) sets up the offense in th ered zone. A 7yd Newton scramble for a first down and two quick passes later to Alexander, 2yd TD
    31-16 CIN
    San Diego forced to settle for FG on next drive.
    31-19 CIN
    Couple of punts swapped. Eventually Bengals start to run down the clock before Best finishes off the game with a 4yd TD run.
    38-19 CIN

This game was all about the turnovers, aren't they all? Bengals score 17 off them and one stopped a certain score (FG at least). Good running meant not forcing Cam Newton into uncomfortable situations.
    Bengals D stepped up. Tried to double and focus on Hernandez as much as possible but he still ended up with 11 catches for 184 yards, and did manage to slow down Blount this game.

Good game Luke, probably good thing you had no mic as my voice bit strained at the moment. See you in Madden 13

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah crap, just realised we should have gotten Santry to make me commish because he is away today.

Advertisement