Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donedeal spam?

• 17-07-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello today i received a text from a lad saying he seen my laptop on donedeal he was very interested and was looking to buy it for his cousin doing an I.T course in South Africa so he then insisted that he would pay me by paypal i said great cause i can always trust paypal! so i then received an email saying the 510 euro was approved and all i have to do is send the tracking number to paypal for the money to go through and this looked really genuine and im not fooled easily im a tight man with this kinda stuff email was from Service@paypal.com and all! so i was a bit weary for a some reason and just decided to forward that email to the real paypal site then ten minutes later i received an email from the real site saying it was fake! I could not believe it there getting more intelligent by the day!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I forget how to do it off the top of my head but that email was faked.

I can for instance, send you an email from fbi.gov if I like :D

As for the number and the email, bit suspicious.

You don't happen to have your phone number on any website? Check your profile on facebook, it could be put up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Had similar reply to 2 of my adverts reported them to paypal they mailed back straight away saying it was a scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

probably used telnet - it's piss easy to do...

they might be using something slightly more sophisticated but it's not hard to send an email like that

learned how to do it in first year in college, anyone could do it with very little effort

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mopachop

I do know lads it can be easy to do but this looked definitely like the real thing and i only put that ad up on donedeal noting else coming to think of it now the lad was from out foreign but i thought it was a dublin number you can never be careful enough..

Advertisement