Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there ANY way to get out of a contract?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I'm paying €62 per month for 6Mb broadband. We don't need or want a redundant landline phone but are forced to have a package. Sixty two Euros per month in this day and age for mediocre broadband is just way over the top when we are scraping together change to pay all the bills.

I check Eircom site and they are offering it for €40 but only if I can get next gen or whatever. So better broadband is cheaper? I check Vodafone and they offer it to me for around €40 aswell but on my current line. I rang customer service about this and asked them can they offer me the same but they can't and was told very rudely that Vodafone can't do that either then she hung up on me :confused:

I can't afford to keep up with this absurd price and I can't afford cancellation fee... Are there any options for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    I'm paying €62 per month for 6Mb broadband. We don't need or want a redundant landline phone but are forced to have a package. Sixty two Euros per month in this day and age for mediocre broadband is just way over the top when we are scraping together change to pay all the bills.

I check Eircom site and they are offering it for €40 but only if I can get next gen or whatever. So better broadband is cheaper? I check Vodafone and they offer it to me for around €40 aswell but on my current line. I rang customer service about this and asked them can they offer me the same but they can't and was told very rudely that Vodafone can't do that either then she hung up on me :confused:

I can't afford to keep up with this absurd price and I can't afford cancellation fee... Are there any options for me?

Hi AlanMc86,

Can you PM me with your name and account number and I will look into the status of your contract.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

There is a novel written on the subject here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056609065

as you can see, Eircom think that €60 per month is fine to charge customers for 4mb broadband.

Advertisement