Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts.ie Lulz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I reported about 5 of his ads - was basically giving away 'free' software - like autocad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

:D He replied to me I feel so privileged!

poor guy is getting hammering now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

:D He replied to me I feel so privileged!

poor guy is getting hammering now :P

I just want in on this amazing offer. If i buy ten of them and sell them on at just below market value I'll make a killing. Just need to be sure it genuine, don't wanna be ripped off!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

bout time he got done. I can't believe he's in business, and appears to be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He'll be back with a new account in a few weeks no doubt.

• Advertisement

Contrary to my recent posts and activities on adverts I don't actually have a major issue with software piracy. I do have an issue with a business taking the p*ss and having an unfair advantage over people trying to compete legitimately.

That and general Dumbassory.

Contrary to my recent posts and activities on adverts I don't actually have a major issue with software piracy. I do have an issue with a business taking the p*ss and having an unfair advantage over people trying to compete legitimately.

That and general Dumbassory.

Well there is piracy for someone's personal use, honestly I don't care about that at all, businesses have completely ridiculous prices for that, they need to lower the price for the amateur market otherwise people won't stop pirating it.

But then there is pirating software, telling consumers that its legit, paid for and you have all the documents, and selling them a computer a couple of hundred over the normal retailer price only for the software to stop working in a few weeks because it was pirated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Akvavit

Well there is piracy for someone's personal use, honestly I don't care about that at all, businesses have completely ridiculous prices for that, they need to lower the price for the amateur market otherwise people won't stop pirating it.

But then there is pirating software, telling consumers that its legit, paid for and you have all the documents, and selling them a computer a couple of hundred over the normal retailer price only for the software to stop working in a few weeks because it was pirated.

I would like to have more customization options in the software I need.

Say you need Windows 8, and you could take certain features from Ultimate, and add that to your "base build" of Windows. This way you could build your own software package, and only pay for the things you actually need.

I know there are some features that are dependable on specific things, but this should still be possible to make.

Often you pay a silly additional price for just a a few extra features, "just" because terms like Professional, ultimate etc. are used.

That is also why I avail on the monthly plan from Adobe, so I can use various application, when i need them - as I would be hard pressed to pay the crazy premium some of their products comes with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

ad is gone but his other ones are still up, the slippery so and so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And I thought mine was bad. How can you put up a computer for €2200 and not give people any information.

Its not worth 2200 either.

ASUS PZ68 board,
    Two GTX 560Ti
    850w PSU
    i7 2600k
    120gb OCZ SSD
    8GB Corsair RAM
    DVD Drive
    And some sort of CM CPU cooler.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Its not worth 2200 either.

ASUS PZ68 board,
    Two GTX 560Ti
    850w PSU
    i7 2600k
    120gb OCZ SSD
    8GB Corsair RAM
    DVD Drive
    And some sort of CM CPU cooler.

I didn't see the pic with the speclist, still he should list it in the description. I assumed it wouldn't be worth anywhere near that amount alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

A dusty CPU cooler at that! It comes with a 27'' monitor.

I don't know how people assume that their components increase in value over time.

Computer components are some of the fastest depreciating things behind fresh fruit!

Well the Amiga 1200 and C64 seem to be holding their value quite well :D

http://www.adverts.ie/keyboards-and-mice/wireless-qwerty-keymouse-in-one-for-android-tv-pc-macboard-and/1977616

Think you saved me quite a few yoyos Mono :D I probably would have bought that if it wasn't for the one I got for half the price from the states.

Well... um... they don't actually come from the States. They come from China/Hong Kong or somewhere.

I think that your commodore probably hold more sentimental value than real value at this stage, taking a quick look at ebay (plenty highish priced listings, but very few bids). Too bad that any disc storage at this stage has probably lost enough of the data through degradation to be unreadable.

I don't have one - would love a real Amiga 1200 - too expensive though at €100+ when I can just emulate.

They manufactured them for quite a while after Commodore went so there might be the odd copy of Workbench out there still working.

OT (as if this has a topic:D) but Nintendo were still selling the NES in Africa until fairly recently.

I'm actually surprised at what people are charging and selling C64s for on adverts. I wouldn't have thought that there would be that kind of demand for them!

If a decent priced CPC464 came up I might be tempted!

217210.jpg

First machine I ever had (and first machine I ever opened) was a Commodore PET :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

^^Yeah, but could you pull off that sweet jacket & cap combo to complete the look though?

He's much better looking than me with a better dress sense. I have to admit I thought that was Hawking for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

lol. thought same,then I thought something about the Olympics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

http://www.adverts.ie/1951128

HOW MUCH??!!?

Then at the bottom No OS No Screen

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/custom-built-gaming-pc/1951128

€1150 now. :D

No HDD now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056726778

Hope he never sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

WIN!

Charlington asked a question 14/08/2012 4:26 pm (2 days ago):
    How much did you pay for this OP?

Sup08 says 14/08/2012 7:09 pm (2 days ago):
    @Charlington I built it.

Tea_Bag asked a question 15/08/2012 1:05 am (1 day ago):
    that's not what he asked.

That was hilarious. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

What made me laugh the most was the fact he has a 550 TI and calls it a Custom Built Gaming PC .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Tea, you're looking you didn't get renamed again threre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement