Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First date cock ups

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You're a woman?
    Eh.. [insert devastating 'flipped genes' pun following on from ripped jeans conversation here]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

syndeyfife wrote: »
    No hes not gay. Yes hes a moron :p

He told me after, not on the actual date! As a tip for the next one like...

I instantly thought this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

HAHAHAAHHAHA

That is so him!!!!!!!! Hes so vain and big headed! :pac:

Going to show him that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I went on a date a few weeks back, wore a blazer, jeans and converse! He told me he hated my blazer :(

Blazers are still cool right ... this is the 1980's yea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

A guy from work (Ian) was dating this Eastern European girl who worked in a local hotel for 3 years and then they finished. A month or so later one of the lads (Dave) asked Ian if he would mind if he asked her out - Ian said fire away so Dave went and asked her out and she said yes. Dave was delighted. Now the thing was Dave loved the beer and is the life and soul of the party with beer in him but for the big date he decided to go sober.
    He collects her in a Taxi and says I thought we could go to the cinema, to which she responded "Don't you want to go to the strip club for a few beers first" Dave being sober, panicked and just said "Naw lets just go straight to the Cinema" to which she responded "Pity I thought you would have liked that, Kevin did when we went out the other night"

As Kevin was the biggest chancer in the company and married with a kid, Dave's night didn't go so well and he didn't ask her out again for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Holy God! Cringeworthy does not even come close to describing that. :o

Holy God! Cringeworthy does not even come close to describing that. :o

Ive just listened to the whole thing....:eek:

I cant even describe how freaked out I would be if someone left me a message like that!

Ive just listened to the whole thing....:eek:

I cant even describe how freaked out I would be if someone left me a message like that!

My first thought was that she should probably go to the police, but then he made it clear that wasn't necessary as he was erasing her number even if she was "psychologically normal". He probably should take some of his own advice.

I wonder if it's a fake though... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

No bad stories from my own experience, but myself and the missus were out to dinner one night next to a couple of lads on what was obviously their first date.

One of the guys was visibly a little uncomfortable.
    His date kept on asking really cliched first date questions instead of making any kind of conversation.

Worst bit though was that he kept on saying "you should order the sausage, you look like a real sausage man".

Felt sorry for the other guy, he looked like he just wanted the other guy to stop talking....

BizzyC wrote: »
    No bad stories from my own experience, but myself and the missus were out to dinner one night next to a couple of lads on what was obviously their first date.

One of the guys was visibly a little uncomfortable.
    His date kept on asking really cliched first date questions instead of making any kind of conversation.

Worst bit though was that he kept on saying "you should order the sausage, you look like a real sausage man".

Felt sorry for the other guy, he looked like he just wanted the other guy to stop talking....

Do gay's go on date's ??? i though they just rode each other ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do gay's go on date's ??? i though they just rode each other ..

mod:
    Please try and avoid glaringly stupid and insulting posts like the above in future.

mod:
    Please try and avoid glaringly stupid and insulting posts like the above in future.

Apologies all, seem's i over stepped the line on that one .. and in my flagurant use of apostrophes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

See? We're all the same. Even gay lads make stupid sausage/cock jokes to the embarrassment of their partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Do people in this country actually go on dates? I've only ever been on one proper date in the american sense and it was a disaster. Really forced and awkward.
    Might be moving to Dublin soon, is that what Im gonna have to do if I wanna get me hole

Apologies all, seem's i over stepped the line on that one .. and in my flagurant use of apostrophes

Just seemed like a joke to me. Think everyone's being a bit over sensitive perhaps. The apostrophes thing is unforgivable though.

Do people in this country actually go on dates? I've only ever been on one proper date in the american sense and it was a disaster. Really forced and awkward.
    Might be moving to Dublin soon, is that what Im gonna have to do if I wanna get me hole

I asked blazer guy this before our 'date'....you know, is it a date? like yer wan with the tea bags....

he replied, its a nice way to put that we're going to go out, have a few drinks and then ride each other after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Irish people don't like the 'D' word, we prefer to say we're meeting up with.

Whatever you want to call it just make sure you bring the rubbers.....and the kitchen plunger :p

Stay safe kids :)

I asked blazer guy this before our 'date'....you know, is it a date? like yer wan with the tea bags....

he replied, its a nice way to put that we're going to go out, have a few drinks and then ride each other after!

I could probably adapt to something like that. thanks.

Tip #1: Don't refer to it as 'getting me hole' in front of prospective holees

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

kfallon wrote: »

Irish people don't like the 'D' word, we prefer to say we're meeting up with.

Whatever you want to call it just make sure you bring the rubbers.....and the kitchen plunger :p

Stay safe kids :)

You just say drink instead of date. "I'm going for a drink with your one from finance"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

See? We're all the same. Even gay lads make stupid sausage/cock jokes to the embarrassment of their partners.

Problem was he said it 8 or 9 times, with very little reaction from his date.

The guy just kept laughing to him self and going on...

Problem was he said it 8 or 9 times, with very little reaction from his date.

The guy just kept laughing to him self and going on...

He sounds like great craic :pac:

If he wasnt guy Id want to go for drinks with him!

Smooth. :cool:
    He sounds like great craic :pac:

If he wasnt guy Id want to go for drinks with him!

Lesbo! :eek: I'll be in trouble now. :(

Tip #1: Don't refer to it as 'getting me hole' in front of prospective holees

I dunno, I find a little bit of honesty goes a long way. I mean straight away I tend to lay my cards on the table and tell girls im a puncher.
    They never "go out" with me but they appreciate the honesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You just say drink instead of date. "I'm going for a drink with your one from finance"

I wouldn't be seen in public with that munter!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

I dunno, I find a little bit of honesty goes a long way. I mean straight away I tend to lay my cards on the table and tell girls im a puncher.

You know who else was honest and laid his cards on the table?

Smooth. :cool:

Lesbo! :eek: I'll be in trouble now. :(

Problemo?!

I clearly meant gay! :p

You should keep a blog on your experiences.

It'll be interesting to see what STDs you catch how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've certainly implied this, but don't think I've ever forthright said it to the girl before the first date.

*Adds to notes*

:p

Problemo?!

I clearly meant gay! :p

Of course you did. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    I've certainly implied this, but don't think I've ever forthright said it to the girl before the first date.

*Adds to notes*

It worked for him! ;)

It worked for him! ;)

And was this before or after he started giving out fashion advice, à la Gok Wan?

And was this before or after he started giving out fashion advice, à la Gok Wan?

Before! He didnt spring that gem on me until i told him I was going out with someone else. 'Hope you arent going to wear that awful blazer??' Or something to that effect!

Before! He didnt spring that gem on me until i told him I was going out with someone else. 'Hope you arent going to wear that awful blazer??' Or something to that effect!

Jaysus, I don't know which one is more harsh, you telling him you were going out with someone else, right after ridin' him or his critique of your fashion sense.

Now when you say going out with someone else, you mean a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord of the Bongs

page 19 - First date cock ups - Im too lazy to look for the posts can someone link me in to the posts re: First date Cock ups, for me its always been 3 or forth date before i get that far.

Jaysus, I don't know which one is more harsh, you telling him you were going out with someone else, right after ridin' him or his critique of your fashion sense.

Hahaha wasnt harsh at all. Sure the next day he came over for the ride, and literally straight after, while still in bed...hes telling me how much he likes this other girl!!!!! It was a few days after this that I told him i was going for drinks with someone, and then he gave me the fashion tips! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hahaha wasnt harsh at all. Sure the next day he came over for the ride, and literally straight after, while still in bed...hes telling me how much he likes this other girl!!!!! It was a few days after this that I told him i was going for drinks with someone, and then he gave me the fashion tips! :P

dafaq?

dafaq?

Yeah exactly. Tis all very strange lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

I'll make this quick. Unfortunately arranged first date on the same day as my old man's birthday. Was bringing him out for dinner, he decided he wanted to watch a match before dinner. Ended up being three hours late for my date.
    Arrived at her house, she was there with all her friends, pretty well on after a couple of bottles of wine. I was greeted with pure hatred from all the mates, but she decided she had waited this long, she'd get a drink out of me at least.

Walking in towards town, the heel of one of her new shoes gets caught in a grate, snaps clean off. "Great". So now I really need to impress. No cash in wallet as old man's dinner had cleaned me out, so head to ATM before bringing her for a drink. Insufficient Funds.

This woman is NOT impressed. Bring her for a couple of drinks and the frost melts a little...

Married her seven years later :):)

plys wrote: »
    Ended up being three hours late for my date.
    Arrived at her house, she was there with all her friends, pretty well on after a couple of bottles of wine. I was greeted with pure hatred from all the mates, .

Married her seven years later :):)

Id say the wedding speeches were gas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Boy was bed not the word I was expecting to read after those 3 words :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I went on a date when I was really young with a girl from the estate I lived in, very innocent stuff, went for ice-cream and a walk along the park holding hands. I suddenly needed to piss really really badly but there was no toilet in sight so I waited awhile until she got a phone call and I said that I need to make a phone call too.

So I went around the side of a wall to piss, I was mid-stream when I heard her calling my name and walking towards me. I had no choice but to pop the aul' fella back into my pants still pissing and pretend to take my phone out. The end of my piss finished in my boxers. I managed to take off my jumper and wrap it around my front side like a fanny pack.

She saw my big red face and front jumper situation but she didn't say anything. I walked her home in an awkward silence and we haven't really spoken since. It was nice of her to not bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

so i was out one night with my friends in a club. they said this girl they know is over in this other club and if we go over we might get a lift home as she had started driving in and not drinking since she got her car. we go over and i see another friend of mine outside of that club and go for a chat with him.

while im chatting the lads went over and were chatting to a bunch of girls one was a stunner anyway they come back and say she is already taking others home so no room. we start walking home(the lads were too cheap to get a taxi) its an hour walk and i asked who the hot girl in the red dress was and they say her name lets call her sally and decide to text her and tell her i fancy her.

next day i get an invite on msn from sally who starts talking to me i end up asking her out. she sends me a friend request on bebo(back in the days before facebook was big here) accepted and to my shock this was not the girl i was talking about. immediately text my friend all i got back was muhahahahaha. said i would still go through with the date. met her and didnt fancy her at all(also had made no effort at all)we had some drinks and then went to the cinema and got on but a few things she said i just didnt like. got a taxi home together and dropped her off first she kinda seemed to be waiting for me to make the move but i said lets just be friends.

couple of days later i was heading into work late and she texts me "Is it cause of my weight?" this annoyed me and i said no sorry its just i didnt like her like that and kinda told her off for asking such a question as i didnt think it was fair and i told the girls in work and they all said that was not a fair situation to put you in.

during the next few months we kept ending up on the same nights out and she repeatedly used to come over when i was chatting up girls and mess it up for me. this experience completely put me off going out with someone who i have not met face to face beforehand. thing is she had tried it on with 2 of my other mates as well and both of them had said "lets just be friends" too.

only other bad experience i had was had met a girl one sunday night out shifted went back to hers but i had no condoms on me(the one night i forgot) and she said it was up to the guy to have them we messed around for a bit and got each other off and went to sleep.left early the next morning as we both had work.

I text her during the week and ended up meeting up with her the following saturday night. i was only recently single and instantly just started getting the feeling this does not feel right. she also remembered all of the sunday night while i had some hazy parts which seemed to bug her a lot she also criticised me for not knowing how to drive yet. i was 24 and only out of college and up til then couldnt afford a car or insurance and was living 5 minutes away from two bus routes. she also criticised a couple of other things.

she kept asking me was something wrong too and i kept saying no but eventually just said this is my first date since breaking up with my ex and it just feels kinda weird and starts quizzing me about what had happened and kept saying there had to be more reasons than that (ex had moved abroad for a job and said she wanted to focus on her career and herself for a while as between me and her other ex she had barely been single since starting college) i kept saying thats the only reason she gave me but she was like you must have done something why wont you tell me. completely annoyed now i just said i dont think im ready for anything serious. she storms off without saying another word to me. i went home and to bed

Woke up the next morning with 3 texts from her one saying we were having a good time what changed? another telling me i shouldnt lead on girls like that and go back to their house and kiss and do other stuff with a girl if your not ready for seeing someone. and the last one said you dont have to be a kid and not reply dont worry you wont hear from me again. i wanted to reply and say a word of advice dont criticise a guy enough for an entire relationship on the first date and dont bring a guy home and let him do stuff if you reserve that only for boyfriends and a few other things. didnt ask another girl out for about 3 or 4 months after that one.

not without paragraphs, lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

sorry hit post before editing it was on a rant so kept typing without hitting return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

OK, back story first
    Years ago I used to work in a Toyshop around the busy Xmas period. I remember most of the staff were a lazy bunch and I didn't like the majority of them so I used to keep the head down, get on with my work and when that was done I'd find more jobs worth doing.

Also, most of the staff weren't too keen on 'members of the travelling community' and wouldn't go out of their way to help them out, only keeping a watchful eye on them in case they might be of the shop-lifting variety. I didn't care and I would usually approach them and ask if they needed any help with anything just ask. For a few weeks, I was their go too guy. They were spending a lot of cash on their kids.

Anyway a lot of the toys bought were big, bulky items like tractors, trailers, doll's houses and the like and a few of the men who came in asked if I could assemble them for them and leave them up in our store-room until Xmas eve. They explained they didn't have any room in their caravans to hide them from their kids (cos' there's no such thing as Santa).

I agreed to most of these requests and worked on them during my lunch breaks. Xmas came and every traveller bar one who came in to collect their stuff from me showed their gratitude with generous tips. I must have dealt with about 15 or so and the tips ranged from €30 to €10 a man.

Date
    Anyway after Xmas I met a nice girl out one night, swapped numbers etc and arranged to go out on a night. It was just after Xmas and I was fairly flush with all the tips I made so I decided to take the girl out to a decent restaurant.

We met up in town and as we were walking down to the place, a big blue Hi-Ace van whizzed past and then hit the brakes hard coming to a screeching halt. It then reversed back and stopped where we were. I was full sure we were going to get a beating when a big fella jumped out of the van. It was one of the travellers I got to know over Xmas and he approached me and gave me a big bear hug and thanked me for all I did for him. He apologised for not giving me something but it had slipped his mind.

He handed me €20 and told me he was just back from hunting where he caught a couple of rabbits and thrust a dead one out in front of me and put it into my hand. The Hi-Ace sped off and I was left there dangling a bloody, faceless rabbit by the hind legs. The girl was dumbstruck and I didn't know what to say or do with the rabbit. She then said she didn't feel too well and could we do it another time.

Never happened. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

OK, back story first
    Years ago I used to work in a Toyshop around the busy Xmas period. I remember most of the staff were a lazy bunch and I didn't like the majority of them so I used to keep the head down, get on with my work and when that was done I'd find more jobs worth doing.

Also, most of the staff weren't too keen on 'members of the travelling community' and wouldn't go out of their way to help them out, only keeping a watchful eye on them in case they might be of the shop-lifting variety. I didn't care and I would usually approach them and ask if they needed any help with anything just ask. For a few weeks, I was their go too guy. They were spending a lot of cash on their kids.

Anyway a lot of the toys bought were big, bulky items like tractors, trailers, doll's houses and the like and a few of the men who came in asked if I could assemble them for them and leave them up in our store-room until Xmas eve. They explained they didn't have any room in their caravans to hide them from their kids (cos' there's no such thing as Santa).

I agreed to most of these requests and worked on them during my lunch breaks. Xmas came and every traveller bar one who came in to collect their stuff from me showed their gratitude with generous tips. I must have dealt with about 15 or so and the tips ranged from €30 to €10 a man.

Date
    Anyway after Xmas I met a nice girl out one night, swapped numbers etc and arranged to go out on a night. It was just after Xmas and I was fairly flush with all the tips I made so I decided to take the girl out to a decent restaurant.

We met up in town and as we were walking down to the place, a big blue Hi-Ace van whizzed past and then hit the brakes hard coming to a screeching halt. It then reversed back and stopped where we were. I was full sure we were going to get a beating when a big fella jumped out of the van. It was one of the travellers I got to know over Xmas and he approached me and gave me a big bear hug and thanked me for all I did for him. He apologised for not giving me something but it had slipped his mind.

He handed me €20 and told me he was just back from hunting where he caught a couple of rabbits and thrust a dead one out in front of me and put it into my hand. The Hi-Ace sped off and I was left there dangling a bloody, faceless rabbit by the hind legs. The girl was dumbstruck and I didn't know what to say or do with the rabbit. She then said she didn't feel too well and could we do it another time.

Never happened. :o

well look on the bright side
    you got 20e
    you didnt have to spend your hard earned money
    and you got a free meal :D
    i say job well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Rabbit Story
    Awesome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

plys wrote: »
    Awesome!!

Let the Dog see the Rabbit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

My first date with my future wife was in a restaurant in Dublin city. We were only teenagers at the time and We lived quite close to one another and shared the same local pub. We were on our way to our local pub for a quick drink. Firstly, the taxi driver tried to sell us 4 squirt porn dvd' for a tenner which I probably would have bought if I were alone. I then realised that she was a very lightweight drinker. After two or three drinks she was starting to wobble so she asked that I walked her home. We arrived at her parents house and she invited me in. I behaved quite well and didnt get do anyting untoward. However, when I went to leave the latch broke off the door and I couldnt get out.I had to get out the living room window. The following morning she told me that one of her neighbours thought I was a burglar

Advertisement