Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Also I have been looking at changing my breakfast as I always find I'm starving come 10. I've tried having a boiled egg but that didn't help. This week I switched to porridge, 30g. As I am writing this, my stomach is rumbling really loudly in a small room in work. It's really embarrassing. Is normally have breakfast at about 7.30. Does anyone have any tips as its not so much the hunger but more the embarrassment that I'm worried about.

Hey,
    I've been having 30g of porridge oats (uncooked) loads of chopped fruit (blueberries, strawberries, melon, apple) and then a yoghurt poured on top. and a pint of water. I like to think the oats swell inside me and fill me up. Scientfic I know.

Alternatively, a banana heated in porridge can be delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for the replies. I have been snacking on fruit between breakfast and lunch but it doesn't seem to help. Its weird because its only in the morning. I don't have this problem any other time of day. I might try and bulk up the porridge and see does that help.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

foxxykate wrote: »
    Hello!
    Hope it's sunnier there than here!
    2 ryvita=1pp, small tub choc phili=2pp & tomato paste=0pp :-)
    If you can get hot and sour soup to start for chinese it's v loww pp wise. also veg chow mein?

Thanks for that! new i was pointing the ryvita wrong! i did the choc Phily off the tub and got 3pp so maybe ill try that again!

Also i just weighed 120g of roast chicken off the bone and im getting 4pp does this sound right to you guys?

Eabha- for breakfast i try and have either oatabix with skim milk or an egg white omelette wit loads veg and bit cheese or eggs done anyway really and always have fruit mid morning! Hope that helps and you overcome your hunger nothing worse!

Had lovely day public holiday here got to the gym healthy food wit some pp left for some Marshallows and choc Phily nom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

foxxykate wrote: »
    Hello!
    Hope it's sunnier there than here!
    2 ryvita=1pp, small tub choc phili=2pp & tomato paste=0pp :-)
    If you can get hot and sour soup to start for chinese it's v loww pp wise. also veg chow mein?

Hi all,
    I always work out 2 Ryvita as 2PP - am I doing something wrong?

Lemon chicken is a good one in the chinese - and maybe share a portion of rice with someone? The whole rice portion is massive and very heavy in points!

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I always work out 2 Ryvita as 2PP - am I doing something wrong?

Lemon chicken is a good one in the chinese - and maybe share a portion of rice with someone? The whole rice portion is massive and very heavy in points!

Thanks for that.. yes i just checked the packet there and its 1pp for one ryevita so 2pp for two!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.. yes i just checked the packet there and its 1pp for one ryevita so 2pp for two!

Which flavour Ryvita are you pointing? The Ryvita crackerbread is 2 slices for 1pp. You have to be careful when pointing multiples. You should always point for the amount you have and not just one single slice. This applies for everything. A lot of breads are 2pp for 1 slice but 5pp for 2 slices. Same with a lot of bars and biscuits.

Which flavour Ryvita are you pointing? The Ryvita crackerbread is 2 slices for 1pp. You have to be careful when pointing multiples. You should always point for the amount you have and not just one single slice. This applies for everything. A lot of breads are 2pp for 1 slice but 5pp for 2 slices. Same with a lot of bars and biscuits.

Yes im well aware of this that's why i was double checking! I pointed the ryvita original and they are definitely 2pieces for 2pp.. Maybe they are made different over here? not too sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Well I went back and although I've been gone a few weeks I was only up 2.5. God knows how cos I was eating all around me but fingers crossed for a good WI on Monday. Thanks for nice words of encouragement here!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I really feel like I've finally turned a corner with WW. A few weeks ago I would have gone off the rails after only a 0.5lb loss. Instead last night I didn't even want my post WI treat. This morning I went through my meal plan for the week and made some adjustments to ensure I am bang on points every day. Even though my TOTM is due in a few days, I'm not going to let it demotivate me. I found this article yesterday which is really interesting.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=42321&sc=801

Also I have been looking at changing my breakfast as I always find I'm starving come 10. I've tried having a boiled egg but that didn't help. This week I switched to porridge, 30g. As I am writing this, my stomach is rumbling really loudly in a small room in work. It's really embarrassing. Is normally have breakfast at about 7.30. Does anyone have any tips as its not so much the hunger but more the embarrassment that I'm worried about.

Hi there. I have breakfast at about 7.30 too, I have 30g of flahavans jumbo oats cooked in microwave with skimmed milk for about 1.5 mins. I then add a teaspoon of follains no added sugar jam. I actually don't like the normal oats in texture as its too mushy but the jumbo oats have a kind of nutty texture with a bite to them. This keeps me going until 1. I have tea and coffee during the morning though with skimmed milk and a few pints of water. Would recommend the jumbo oats to anyone who has tried porridge and not liked it. This was a real find for me and I think has really helped with my weight loss so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Sts at wi today which I am happy with was expecting a gain, going away for a night tomorrow with hubby but determined not to let that turn onto a bad week well done everyone this week onwards and downwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Eeeeek. I know I have been weight watching for literally ages and I really thought I was on top of the points. So, peanut butter is absolutely astonishingly high!! 6pp a tablespoon and I've been counting it as half that. I made a peanut butter lime sauce for noodles and tofu last night, I thought the dish was 13 but it was A LOT more.

Whoops. I tore into my weeklies as a result-bad cailleach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Good morning everyone.

Weigh-in this morn, 3lb off, couldn't be happier. Being only 5ft 2 i can already feel it.

Only 59lb to target but we won't dwell on that too much at the moment. Small targets not as scary.

I had 29 weekly pp left at end of week, does everyone use all their weekly pp? What would you expect to lose if you didn't use any, is it possible not to use any?

Good luck everyone, hope you all have a lovely day.:-) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I am hopping mad today! Some of you may remember my trouble with my old scales as the batteries kept dying so I bought a new set. Well today, I got up all confident and excited to see my lowest weight in 3 years and I was up a 1lb. I was furious as I was so good this week. So I thought for a second and decided to stand on the scales again. This time they showed another 2lb increase so 3lbs altogether! I almost fainted. I went to my BF who said they must be broken. He said digital arent as accurate as non digital clock scales. So off he went into the spare room and pulled out my old old clock scale from under the bed. I said they're no good as I cant read the little markings but up I got and my bf read out 11stone 10 which is either a sts or a loss (depending on whether the freaking scales was right last week). The whole episode has really knocked me as I was sure Id be down a lb or 2 from last week. I posted on the FB page and another girl told me she has similar trouble with her scales and stands on it 3 times to get an accurate reading. WW will be receiving an angry email from me later. That's 2 sets of their scales that have broken on me (and Im not THAT big!).

Anyway, I've had a really positive attitude lately and I am surprised at how much this is getting to me. I need to rein back and this is me ranting to get it off my chest and move on. I am going to buy new batteries for my old digital scale (yes I now own THREE scales) and see if they correspond with the clock scales and then decide which to use (maybe both!). I will just have to take the batteries out each time to stop them dying. Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Ok weekend, I am going for lunch today with my friend but gonna stick to salad. I have mince and sausages out to make Niptuck's sausage meatballs this evening. Ill have mine with courgette spagetti. I feel good in my clothes recently and I am going to stick at this.

Please send happy thoughts my way. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

CavanGal, mine were the same when I put new batteries in, they always give a higher reading than when they were low...

Cavangal I can completely relate to your situation. My first time in WW I hit a big plateau and one week my home scales showed me a big loss and I thought I'd finally broken it. I walked in to my meeting that evening delighted with myself only to see a 1.5lb gain. That was actually the day I decided to leave meetings and go it alone; big mistake!

I've heard this about the WW scales before. You know the scales they use at meetings aren't their own brand but a different brand. Their own brand is supposed to be terrible. I'd recommend Salter scales. I've had one now for over a year and I've never had any trouble with it. If you own weights you should put them on the scale to test it and see if its right. Or you could go into Boots or your local chemist and weigh yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Two days into the week and so far so good! On points every day and not over. Only thing is we haven't done a proper shop yet so there's nothing in the house. Yesterday's was pointed but got a Sandwich on the run. Can't wait to have the fridge full. Gonna do a nice shop tonight!

Nothing better than being prepared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share a recipe that my leader told us about recently...I then doctored it a little myself too! It's great if you fancy something really tasty, creamy, cheesey and garlicky.
    1. gently fry some finely chopped garlic with fry light spray, salt, cracked black pepper and dried oregano and add as many chopped mushrooms as you wish.
    2. cook gently til soft and golden - you may need to add a few sprays of fry light here and there.
    3. get a big bowl and add your desired amount of hot cooked pasta - I usually go with 6pp of wholemeal pasta
    4. add a handful or 2 of baby spinach to pasta, mix and cover so the heat from pasta will wilt the spinach down
    5. add a mini tub of phili extra light and your cooked mushrooms to the bowl
    6. I often add some roasted butternut squash cubes here also
    7. Mix thoroughly to combine
    8. top with freshly ground black pepper and a grate of nutmeg
    9. If you have a few pps to spare try a drizzle of 1tsp extra virgin olive oil for 1 pp and/or a 5g tsp grated parmesan for 1pp
    Total is 7pp (8 or 9 depending on additions) and with the roasted bns chunks it really bulks it out and makes it filling

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I heard mention some people put butternut squash into the microwave to make it easier to peel.

How long do you leave in the microwave - is it 1 minute, 2 or more?
    Don't want to cook the BNS in MWave.

Cheers.

CavanGal wrote: »
    I am hopping mad today! Some of you may remember my trouble with my old scales as the batteries kept dying so I bought a new set. Well today, I got up all confident and excited to see my lowest weight in 3 years and I was up a 1lb. I was furious as I was so good this week. So I thought for a second and decided to stand on the scales again. This time they showed another 2lb increase so 3lbs altogether! I almost fainted. I went to my BF who said they must be broken. He said digital arent as accurate as non digital clock scales. So off he went into the spare room and pulled out my old old clock scale from under the bed. I said they're no good as I cant read the little markings but up I got and my bf read out 11stone 10 which is either a sts or a loss (depending on whether the freaking scales was right last week). The whole episode has really knocked me as I was sure Id be down a lb or 2 from last week. I posted on the FB page and another girl told me she has similar trouble with her scales and stands on it 3 times to get an accurate reading. WW will be receiving an angry email from me later. That's 2 sets of their scales that have broken on me (and Im not THAT big!).

Anyway, I've had a really positive attitude lately and I am surprised at how much this is getting to me. I need to rein back and this is me ranting to get it off my chest and move on. I am going to buy new batteries for my old digital scale (yes I now own THREE scales) and see if they correspond with the clock scales and then decide which to use (maybe both!). I will just have to take the batteries out each time to stop them dying. Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Ok weekend, I am going for lunch today with my friend but gonna stick to salad. I have mince and sausages out to make Niptuck's sausage meatballs this evening. Ill have mine with courgette spagetti. I feel good in my clothes recently and I am going to stick at this.

Please send happy thoughts my way. :S

Don't let it get too you too much i know the numbers really get to everyone esp me.. but you have to try not let it get to your good routine! You say yourself your clothes feels good.. try out the scales again or a new one wit actual weights and hopefully you can get to the bottom of the situation! As iv said before every good week won't go unnoticed..

Chin up xx

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Lormuz wrote: »
    I heard mention some people put butternut squash into the microwave to make it easier to peel.

How long do you leave in the microwave - is it 1 minute, 2 or more?
    Don't want to cook the BNS in MWave.

Cheers.

I actually don't do the microwave thing at all - I've gotten quite adept at peeling them now once I got the knack (and a good veg peeler)! It used to be like a wrestling match ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Thanks guys. I knew posting here would make me feel better. Eabhabear, I can't believe they dont use their own brand! I will look into Salter as I think I need a digital so I can see every 1/2lb. Thanks Shellybelly, being good was making me feel slimmer so I am going to do it. Hopefully, this will make me even more determined.

Can anyone else who weighs at home recommend a scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Good morning everyone,

Can anyone help me with some pp'ing =)

I have a small square granary roll for my lunch, it's quite small! I got them in Lidl! Has anyone ANY idea how I would point them? I was thinking 3pp?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Howdy! Hope ye are all having a great wk! Haven't posted in a few wks now but have still being tipping away! Started going to a gym.... and they took 'before' photos of me..... they are absolutely disgusting, its funny how in my head I don't see myself that way! Was a bit horrified when I saw them to be honest! Being doing the gym now for 2 wks along with other exercising of walking and running, my weight has stayed the same the last few wks but that's my own doing (foodwise) but I got my measurements done in the gym and I was down 2.5 inches on my stomach, .5 inch on my hips and one inch on my legs so at least something is going in the right direction! I'm a bit of a strange case thou, the last few wks I've been doing all the exercise in the world but at the same time thinking in my mind that I can eat all the food in the world also which is why I haven't being losing much weight the past few wks! If i could just get some will power and my food right I would be flying it! I know I'll get there so trying to be positive! :) I know I need to cop on and I am determined to have a good wkend! Doing the 10k night run in Dublin this Sunday.... half dreading it to be honest it's been a yr since I've ran 10k, did that in 66 mins so aiming to match that if not beat it but have very little prep done! ah well! Will give it a go anyway and make this be the start of a very active summer I hope! Hoping to sign up for a few more 10k's in dub over the next few months and half thinking about tackling the half marathon in Sept! I'm mad! Have a good wkend all and I'll work on my food intake I promise!! I have to!! no choice!! Now or never :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Oh my god, first day of new week, 32pp in and i just want to eat eat eat. Help me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eeeeek. I know I have been weight watching for literally ages and I really thought I was on top of the points. So, peanut butter is absolutely astonishingly high!! 6pp a tablespoon and I've been counting it as half that. I made a peanut butter lime sauce for noodles and tofu last night, I thought the dish was 13 but it was A LOT more.

Whoops. I tore into my weeklies as a result-bad cailleach.

What Peanut Butter is that? (So I know to steer clear) All the ones i've ever used have been 2PP per tablespoon.

Hello all hope everyone is having a good weekend, i had a gym session yday and kick boxing today.. Did have dinner at a friends last night wasn't too bad points wise but i had some cheese cake and wine which prob could have been avoided to be fair but its all pointed to the best of my ability :) Have a house warming tonight plan on keeping alcohol and snacks to a minimum heres hoping anyways.. its totm which usually results in me being a pig but so far so good this time around :)

Looking forward to making them granola breakfast cups tomorrow for the week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm not up long and I already know today is going to be tough for me just like last Saturday. I need to get out of the house for a bit.

Might look up recipes just to distract myself. I'm getting a little bit bored with what I'm eating. I did make BNS chips and dusted them in curry powder for a snack so I think I'll make more later.

I got the recipe on the Facebook page for the 0PP curry and I'm going to try that next weekend. I'm on a mission to find less boring food. Making a waldorf salad later that I worked out at 6PP.

I'm not up long and I already know today is going to be tough for me just like last Saturday. I need to get out of the house for a bit.

Might look up recipes just to distract myself. I'm getting a little bit bored with what I'm eating. I did make BNS chips and dusted them in curry powder for a snack so I think I'll make more later.

I got the recipe on the Facebook page for the 0PP curry and I'm going to try that next weekend. I'm on a mission to find less boring food. Making a waldorf salad later that I worked out at 6PP.

I know the feeling! I am not so much bored but my appetite has been all over the place the last week. Nothing is appealing to me. What Facebook page do you use as I could use some new sources for WW recipes.

My TOTM is due as well Shellybelly. I set myself a challenge on my blog, that I would do everything I could to get a loss this week despite it being TOTM. Unfortunately yesterday did not got to plan as my manager decided to take us all out for lunch. Seeing as my day was already 'ruined', which it wasn't, my evening resulted in eating all around me. Back on track this morning. I was up early cleaned the house and then down to the butchers to get some nice lean meat. Going to do a good, long workout today as well as I have nothing planned for this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Eabhabear I use the Weight Watchers Ireland Facebook page and a couple of blogs that I found. When I get on my laptop I can link you. :)

On the Facebook page people sometimes share recipes and products they've found for other people to use.

So far today I've had a boiled egg, a slice of toast with a little bit of butter so I'm counting 6 PPs and I'm having a can of diet coke which is 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Homemade chicken burger and chips for dinner! YUM! 14 ProPoints :D

Burger Bun: 4
    Chicken Fillet: 3
    Nandos Marinate and mayo:1 *
    10g Grated Cheese: 1
    250g Actifry chips: 5
    Onions, mushroom and red pepper fried in Worcestershire sauce: 0

*used 1pp of Nando Marinate and 1pp of mayo for both so only 1 each

a8idy.jpg

Advertisement