Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I came across this blog http://www.myskinnyjeansdreams.com/ which could be really good inspiration for anyone who has a lot to lose and is struggling emotionally. The girl doesn't post that much any more but even reading over her old posts, she has inspired me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Yummy Sunday smoothie! 3ppts :)

On track perfectly, praying for another loss this week! Just keep thinking 1lb a week is just under 4stone in a year!

ehixb6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Only catching up now, well done on getting though another week laydeeeez!!!

I was 2.5lbs down at weigh in last Monday. Was DELIRA! Have stuck to program this week but also time of the month so we will see, approx 2 down on my own scale but that never seems to indicate what I'll be on the ww scales!

Anyone know the points for baked potatoes?

Best of luck for another good week girls!!

Onwards and downwards as my leader says! :)

X

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey guys hope all is well :D i've recently got the motivation to start exercising, along with ww, for summer. However, I've basically done 5k cycle everyday for the past 4 days, not much i know but I never exercise, and I've managed to put on 2 pound and my jeans are tighter? I've been eating really well, not going over my 29pp per day. Any help much appreciated, on the verge of tears here :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Right,bought a butternut squash for the first time today in order to make BNS fries.firstly,very odd lookin veg! secondly,i know someone has posted the recipe for them but can't remember who.so to save my time can someone tell me who posted it.
    thanks in advance! have a good Sunday evening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maryfred wrote: »
    Right,bought a butternut squash for the first time today in order to make BNS fries.firstly,very odd lookin veg! secondly,i know someone has posted the recipe for them but can't remember who.so to save my time can someone tell me who posted it.
    thanks in advance! have a good Sunday evening!

Jwacqui posted it up,

you can find it here;

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Another week begins! have weigh in tonight dreading it as always was pretty good just its totm too and i know that plays havoc! Either way its been a good week feeling more motivated than ever planning and preparing yummy low pp food! Hope everyones weekend was a good one :)

Onwards and downwards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Yay another 800g down delighted :)

Have a lovely Monday everyone :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well done shellybelly, hopefully this is the positive start that will continue for all of us on this thread this week :)

My third WI is Wednesday Evening, It will be 8 days since my last weigh in so it will be interesting to see if the extra day will help much more.

It's been just over two weeks since I've had a takeaway! :eek: Which is a major achievement in itself, haha! I haven't missed it that much as we've been eating tasty fresh homemade food at home. The homemade chicken burger and fries for 14pps albeit was a bit high for dinner was goregous and it was nicer than the last chicken burger I had in Hard Rock which would have been around 28pps for the burger alone!

I'm 2lbs away from my very first silver seven which I am very excited about getting, and I am 4lbs away from dropping down into the next stone. So I have some small personal goals to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Loughc- I haven't had an Indian takeaway since last September! And only 1 supermacs! Sometimes I miss it, I won't lie, but I just feel like i would feel so manky afterwards. I had said when I started I would have a Chinese curry, fried rice and chips on Christmas Eve - I just thought of that when I felt like indulging. The meal was absolutely horrible, I was gasping with thirst for the whole night and haven't wanted Chinese since (apart from the very rare veggie chow mein, which is ok, but can be handy if people near you are having Chinese).

Congrats on your achievements do far. And jacqui I learned BNS chips from your video! Experimented since with egg white for crispness, different spices and cauliflower crumbs (they are lovely but not crispy!)

Having my 'fat' porridge with alond milk, apple and blueberry and good coffee for a good start to the week! Week 5 day 3 (the dreaded 20 min straight run on the c25k) is tomorrow morning....wish me luck I'm terrified!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Aw lads such a disaster of a weekend. The whole scales debacle fecked me up royally and I was totally off the wagon the whole weekend stuffing my face which resulted in me feeling crap so stuffed it more and now feel so sick. My body can't handle binges anymore. I am really annoyed at myself for letting the scales thing ruin the good attitude that I've had for the last few weeks. So I am back on the wagon with a vengence today. I have a match this evening so I will be eating normally today but tomorrow I am going to do 2/500. I haven't done one in a few weeks but I really feel like I need one this week to detox after the weekend. I really need to learn how to handle the weekend as I always act like my 49weeklies are ever lasting and just eat all round me.

I got new batteries for my old WW scales and weighed my bf on it and the clock scales last night. The WW scales was 2lb heavier than the clock scales. Grrr. I think I will use the clock scales friday as I used them last Friday so they will show a loss (or gain :(). I suppose my exact weight doesn't matter as long as I am losing. When I get close to goal, I will worry about my exact weight.

So far today I've had porridge with banana and crushed seeds, 2 teas and water. I am not even hungry for my morning fruit yet - probably because I am still full from the weekend! Positive attitude better return shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Morning all, had such a lovely weekend went to Galway with the hubby and had a really nice time, ate loads and loads, but hopefully i can pull back some of the damage. Went for a long run before we went Friday and had a football match yesterday so hopefully that will help towards a sts. But ladies have to tell you about the best part of the weekend SHOPPING well trying on clothes haven't alot of money but did i have fun trying them on. I joined ww march last year a size 18 and spent saturday trying on SIZE 10 clothes oh i felt great so i need to remember that great feeling when i am having a binge. Bought myself a really nice pair of jeans in tkmaxx love them. I truly can believe the saying 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'
    All the exercise i did and good food decisions i made were all worth it to feel as good as i did on saturday :D
    Now i just have to push on to get these last four pounds and get my gold card. Then maintain (im kinda scared of this does anyone else feel scared of maintenance?)
    Best of luck to everyone this week at wi
    Onwards and downwards

Now i just have to push on to get these last four pounds and get my gold card. Then maintain (im kinda scared of this does anyone else feel scared of maintenance?)
    Best of luck to everyone this week at wi
    Onwards and downwards

I hear ya with the maintenance fear - I wonder if somehow the fear is keeping me from that last lb? I have been noodling here with 1/2 lb to go for about six weeks and something is stopping that last push. I also can identify with the new clothes excitement - I have a 'thing' about skinny jeans right now and I'm about to bankrupt myself. I always thought I just couldn't wear them, they weren't me. Turns out they very much are me and I am just hoping they don't go out of fashion before I can enjoy them in all their pretty colours!

I also love hearing your exercise victories! As a very slow, useless beginner jogger, it is great to hear someone who is doing proper runs. Onward and downward and lets get those gold cards - maintenance can't be that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm sick and feel miserable and craving all sorts of foods. I have been having issues with my stomach for the past week (don't want to go into detail as its not pleasant but dont think im getting much goodnes from my food at the moment) On top of that am now completely smothered by a cold and just sitting in work trying to get everything done so I don't have to stay late but feeling very sorry for myself.

I've been good this week - I have used all my weeklies but ive done loads of exercise and going to go to another class tonight to try and sweat this cold out of me. Had the OH's parents up for dinner yesterday and made the hairy dieters beef and ale stew. Had mashed cauliflower while the rest of them had creamy buttery mash with it - was tempted to have the mash but allowed myself dessert and some wine instead. Just have to avoid all my cravings today to be ok for WI tomorrow - but am nervous just because of my stomach troubles. Have to just wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 1 lb this week, have to say a bit disappointed, as i was very good, and did a lot of excercise - well for me!

I'll just keep going and hope next week is a better result - although it's a dreaded bank holiday!!!!
    Who would have thought that a bank holiday could put the fear of god into you...
    it's just three days of no routine, aghhh....

Lormuz wrote: »
    Down 1 lb this week, have to say a bit disappointed

Just remember 1lbs per week loss is just under 4 stone in a year, I don't know how much you have to lose but I think if anyone offered you the chance to be 2,3 or 4 stone lighter in a year's time you'd gladly accept.

Remember a loss is a loss regardless of the amount and you are still moving in the right direction. And who knows all of your hard work might pay off at next week's weigh in :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Just remember 1lbs per week loss is just under 4 stone in a year, I don't know how much you have to lose but I think if anything offered you the chance to be 2,3 or 4 stone lighter in a year's time you'd gladly accept.

Remember a loss is a loss regardless of the amount and you are still moving in the right direction. And who knows all of your hard work might pay off at next week's weigh in :)

Couldn't have said it better :) This time around I really don't care what loss I get as long as its a loss. I'll take another 0.5lb this week as well as I have not been perfect. I was really stressing over not having the weight gone by my holidays until I realised I'm expecting the impossible. Also there will be plenty of holidays in the future.

Edit Don't kill me but out of curiosity I decided to figure out a rough goal date based on a lb a week and realised that its 34 weeks until Christmas. A lb a week between now and Christmas would bring me back to my previous low. That's what I am going to focus on :)

Lormuz - celebrate that minus sign on the scales :-). I think Loughc said it best - think of the impact of a pound a wekk over a year.

If I lose half a pound this week, I will be just half a pound to goal and I will be delighted. A pound loss may actually send me over the edge - not sure I'd be able for the excitement ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Lormuz - celebrate that minus sign on the scales :-). I think Loughc said it best - think of the impact of a pound a wekk over a year.

If I lose half a pound this week, I will be just half a pound to goal and I will be delighted. A pound loss may actually send me over the edge - not sure I'd be able for the excitement ;-)

Ha Ha - I know your all right - it's just with it being my first week back after my 2 month hiatus, wanted a good number to kick start the process again.

But to be honest, I'm changing the way i'm doing WW this time round, last time it was all about the food, this time I am definately trying to introduce exercise into it too, that way i can keep it off..

so am still determined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My weigh in is tomorrow. Think I've been really good. 2lbs more to my second stone lost since January. Really hoping to get there this week or even next week. I think I've been fairly good and I've exercised everyday. :)

• Advertisement

Lormuz wrote: »
    Ha Ha - I know your all right - it's just with it being my first week back after my 2 month hiatus, wanted a good number to kick start the process again.

But to be honest, I'm changing the way i'm doing WW this time round, last time it was all about the food, this time I am definately trying to introduce exercise into it too, that way i can keep it off..

so am still determined!

I meant to say that weight loss can slow down results on the scales. For me it definitely does. I'd never give it up as I really feel it make a difference on my body and that's what is important.
    My weigh in is tomorrow. Think I've been really good. 2lbs more to my second stone lost since January. Really hoping to get there this week or even next week. I think I've been fairly good and I've exercised everyday. :)

I remember when you started on here back in January. You really have done so well and you were my inspiration a few weeks ago for finally getting my act together. If I'd been doing WW properly I'd have 2 stone gone by now. You are proof along with others on here that the plan works once you stick with it and anyone who says otherwise is only fooling themselves. Well done :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I remember when you started on here back in January. You really have done so well and you were my inspiration a few weeks ago for finally getting my act together. If I'd been doing WW properly I'd have 2 stone gone by now. You are proof along with others on here that the plan works once you stick with it and anyone who says otherwise is only fooling themselves. Well done :)

Awh gosh, thank you. That's really really nice to read. :o

I feel like I'm proof that you really do have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. Like I had been to WW before but I never lost more than 8-10lbs before I gave up. This is my third time doing WW, third time lucky eh? Before I was like "Oh yeah I'll lose it this time" but 2 or 3 weeks later I didn't see the point.

Actually I've gotten inspiration from some of you and I've been thinking of starting a blog. I cannot think of a name though! :o

Awh gosh, thank you. That's really really nice to read. :o

I feel like I'm proof that you really do have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. Like I had been to WW before but I never lost more than 8-10lbs before I gave up. This is my third time doing WW, third time lucky eh? Before I was like "Oh yeah I'll lose it this time" but 2 or 3 weeks later I didn't see the point.

Actually I've gotten inspiration from some of you and I've been thinking of starting a blog. I cannot think of a name though! :o

I'd love to read about your story so I hope you do start a blog. I went with a generic name at the start and then changed it after Googling some weight loss blogs. There's loads out there so you may get an idea for a name from them!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I'd love to read about your story so I hope you do start a blog. I went with a generic name at the start and then changed it after Googling some weight loss blogs. There's loads out there so you may get an idea for a name from them!

I'm not really that interesting tbh :o

If I could help one person though I would like that. I'll have to have a look at some names when I'm using my laptop later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Hi guys,

I have to say your posts are all very helpful and inspiring. I've only just (re) started my weight loss journey a couple of weeks ago so still on track lol! Hope that lasts. I'm trying the butternut squash chips tonight - hope they are as yum as they look.

Quick question - do any of you know how many pp in Happy Cow cheese triangles. I've done a search on here but can't find anything. There is no nutritional info on the pack either :-(

Thx

chickatees I think those triangles are 1PP but I'm not entirely sure. Those butternut squash chip are yum. If you have any curry powder coat the chips in it lightly and they're divine! :D

Going to try and start my blog tonight if anyone's interested. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Myself and LoughC's dinner!

13 ProPoints in total!

2ew321x.jpg

Chicken: 3
    Erin Mexican Rice: 6
    Onion, mushroom, carrot, tomato & Red pepper: 0
    Sweet chilli sauce: 1
    Actifry chips 150g: 3

Had extra points left so added the actifry chips! YUM!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hi everyone.
    I've been AWOL. I'm ashamed to say it has NOT been because I've been busy exercising and tracking. I've had my couple of weeks off... it hasn't done me any favours. So lesson learned. You've heard the rest before, so I won't bore you. Lets see how I get on.
    Did day one of week two of the C25K today. It was manageable... but I noticed the step up from last week. Had yummy chicken and cashew nuts for dinner... and not one square of chocolate purchased in the shop...all positives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Myself and LoughC's dinner!

13 ProPoints in total!

2ew321x.jpg

Chicken: 3
    Erin Mexican Rice: 6
    Onion, mushroom, carrot, tomato & Red pepper: 0
    Sweet chilli sauce: 1
    Actifry chips 150g: 3

Had extra points left so added the actifry chips! YUM!! :D

Looks lovely! How many grams of chicken do you use for 3pp?
    Do you find its enough?

• Advertisement

Didn't get around to doing my blog. Tonight is weigh in for me so maybe I'll get something done when I get home.

Fingers crossed for a loss tonight. I've lost every week since I started bar 1 when I STS. I don't want to be too hopeful because I know at this point I'm going to be slowing down - plateauing?

Anyone esle do the same as me and have a treat after weigh in? Like some chocolate or crisps?

Last week after weigh in I went to my aunt's and had wine and sandwiches and stuff so I think I'd be happy with a STS.

Advertisement