Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Didn't get around to doing my blog. Tonight is weigh in for me so maybe I'll get something done when I get home.

Fingers crossed for a loss tonight. I've lost every week since I started bar 1 when I STS. I don't want to be too hopeful because I know at this point I'm going to be slowing down - plateauing?

Anyone esle do the same as me and have a treat after weigh in? Like some chocolate or crisps?

Last week after weigh in I went to my aunt's and had wine and sandwiches and stuff so I think I'd be happy with a STS.

Where are you weighing in? And what time? Going back to meeting for a kick in the bum to lose a stone before my wedding in august

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

foundry wrote: »
    Looks lovely! How many grams of chicken do you use for 3pp?
    Do you find its enough?

Per raw chicken fillet it's 4pp per 165g.

Most fillets are 120-125g which makes them 3pp as 41.5g is 1pp. I always weigh what I eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

chickatees wrote: »
    Quick question - do any of you know how many pp in Happy Cow cheese triangles. I've done a search on here but can't find anything. There is no nutritional info on the pack either :-(

Thx

Laughing (?) Cow Extra Light are 2 triangles for 1pp! I think the normal ones are 1pp per triangle. Very handy for lunch.

I did good yesterday - porridge with banana and seeds, speigel with LF cheese, extra light mayo, teeny bit of pesto, salad and fruit for lunch 2squares of cadburys in the afternoon and a good portion of Hairy Dieters Risotto for dinner. FYI, we havent used cream the last two times we made it and it was the same. I think you could get away without the parmesan. Wow just looked on Google, is parmesan 1pp per 5g??? Yikes, definitely leaving it out the next time! I am on 500 today. I have salad with an extra light cheese triangle and fruit for lunch and I am going to stop for a BNS on the way home to have BNS chips for tea.

Back to my positive mind frame. Rock on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

I am struggling, well I have been off the plan I suppose you could say!
    Lots of stuff went on in the last few weeks, major family issues and I have eaten for comfort.

I know I am up weight I went on the scales this morning. I'm wondering if I am ready to go back tonight.

What bothers me a bit is that the plan needs a lot of time, checking how much pp are in each food, lots of organisation etc to work.

A lot of the time I say to myself there has to be something that needs to be done before sitting counting points etc. Like sweeping the floor, getting the baby to bed, washing clothes or ironing....Then in the end, I never get to do it....

Does anyone ever feel like this?

I suppose what I mean to say is, as there was a huge family crisis, I was thinking, there are more important things to be doing/worried about - rather than point counting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

pinkstars wrote: »
    A lot of the time I say to myself there has to be something that needs to be done before sitting counting points etc. Like sweeping the floor, getting the baby to bed, washing clothes or ironing....Then in the end, I never get to do it....

Does anyone ever feel like this?

Sometimes it can feel like its too hard but it's really not. Why don't you point everything one night and write it on all the packets. Make a list of food you have on a regular basis and points. Stick this to the inside of your press door.
    This week I made a homemade shep pie. Look no time and froze half. We're having that for dinner tonight.
    Spend one hour after weigh in making a food plan for the week, even just dinners and do your shop off it. Makes ww and life in general easier when you don't have to think about it. I find that works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I also love hearing your exercise victories! As a very slow, useless beginner jogger, it is great to hear someone who is doing proper runs.

I starting jogging in January 2012 - I couldn't jog 10 steps but I stuck at it & I find it great. I dread the thought of going out to do it but once I'm out there I love it and feel fantastic when I've finished!! I'm doing my first 10k in June, very nervous but excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Natmus - first 10k!! Eek, fair play to you that will be an amazing achievement. I really noticed the difference in me too - five weeks ago I nearly died after jogging one minute and this morning I did 20 minutes all in a row!!! Without, like, stopping or walking or anything. Now, half the city here (Limerick) is doing the city marathon and such this weekend, and it's a little hard to crow about my achievement in the face of such athletic prowess... However, I did Week 5 Day 3 of the C25K, I didn't stop or give up and only said a small few swear words with a minute to go, cursing the day I decided to strap on the runners for the first time... Do keep us posted on your 10k, I'd love to do one before the end of the year and it's great to hear that you have got there so fast!

I have no idea how the weigh in will go tomorrow, I'm just going to bask in my week 5 glow a wee while longer ;-)

Pinkstars - it sounds like you give a lot to other people (housework, laundry, children...) - these things are all fantastic, but you are worth looking after as well! Weight watchers (for me) has been a really selfish pursuit - counting points and keeping track was for me, to make me feel better and happier in myself. Treat your 20 min break in the morning with a cuppa as your planning session for the day - just 20 minutes for you and a positive change you are making for yourself. Focus on all the positive, strong things about you and pour them into looking after you, even just for a short period everyday. It sounds like things have been stressful for your recently, so don't beat yourself up and stress yourself out more (research has shown that stress causes us to hold onto weight, so the last thing you need is more of it!). Start to take time to mind yourself and care for your health and welfare - you deserve it.

I know it can be hard to go back after a break, but going to make a fresh start, forgetting the last wee while and getting going again is a really positive step. Your leader will simply congratulate you for making the decision to get back into it, rather than any disappointment etc.

I've been successful in WW this time after about 6 failed attempts - every time I lapsed I learned something, and every failed attempt has contributed to my success now. Best of luck and thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Natmus - first 10k!! Eek, fair play to you that will be an amazing achievement. I really noticed the difference in me too - five weeks ago I nearly died after jogging one minute and this morning I did 20 minutes all in a row!!! Without, like, stopping or walking or anything. Now, half the city here (Limerick) is doing the city marathon and such this weekend, and it's a little hard to crow about my achievement in the face of such athletic prowess... However, I did Week 5 Day 3 of the C25K, I didn't stop or give up and only said a small few swear words with a minute to go, cursing the day I decided to strap on the runners for the first time... Do keep us posted on your 10k, I'd love to do one before the end of the year and it's great to hear that you have got there so fast!

I have no idea how the weigh in will go tomorrow, I'm just going to bask in my week 5 glow a wee while longer ;-)

I started running last year at some stage and couldn't go very far but it is amazing how quickly you pick up the distance with some regular running. I am doing my first 10k June bank hol there is a local one in my town the same day as the mini marathon in Dublin. Surprisingly im looking forward to it. It is such an great feeling to finish, after my first 5k i was on a high after it. I have to say though i love running for myself, it is so good for your mind as well as everything else, I have two young kids and a hubby and sometimes i could be on the verge of murdering them all (joking lol) but leave the house for a half hour run and it just makes everything better :D Just helps clear the head. You'll be amazed at how far you can run in a month or two if you keep it up regularly.
    There is always 10k on everywhere if you look up runireland.com you can search there for them in your area. Why don't you pick one later in the year and have that to aim to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

1lb down earlier. So close to my second stone, just 1lb more. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well I was down 1.5lbs and I'm happy enough! It's TOTM so I thought I'd actually be up.
    Four more weeks to the June Bank Hol and I have a big party to go to that weekend - I'd love to have another few pounds off me.
    Small goals seem to work well for me.
    Well done everyone - it's been a good week all round. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

1lb down earlier. So close to my second stone, just 1lb more. :)

That's great. I can't wait til I get to that stage. Well done, keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well I was down 1.5lbs and I'm happy enough! It's TOTM so I thought I'd actually be up.
    Four more weeks to the June Bank Hol and I have a big party to go to that weekend - I'd love to have another few pounds off me.
    Small goals seem to work well for me.
    Well done everyone - it's been a good week all round. :)

That's a good loss. Small goals the only way for me as well, having over 4 st to get to final goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Ok, so last week I had my major blowout that disgusted me, and with all your help & encouragement I went for my WI and had a STS.

Friday night I had an Indian takeaway and wine with friends, Saturday I had a wedding so ate and drank all day at that, Sunday I was hungover and had McDonalds for lunch and then a big pasta dinner!

So I was good on Monday & yesterday but really expected to be up by 2lb and would be happy with that.

When I stood on the scales for my WI last night I couldn’t believe ….I was down 1lb!!!!!!!!!!!! So my conclusion is that either I have worms or the batteries in the scales are dying because there was no way I could be down!! To say I’m thrilled is an understatement and really pushed me on and given me the boost I need not to quit!

I’m off on holidays next week but bringing my runners and hopefully I’ll be able to balance the eating and drinking.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everything! been mia past few days been so busy in work literally can't get a second on here!

week is going well i find planning my breakfast and lunch for week on Sunday is working for me! Have 1kg to lose to get my 5%goal and it would be great to see that gone this week- no drinking planned for weekend so won't be writing off the weeklies with that! Will just have to see how i get on i guess :)

Every good week will show.. even if its not on the good week itself :)

Great positivity on here too great catching up on all the tips and losses :

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Natmus wrote: »
    Ok, so last week I had my major blowout that disgusted me, and with all your help & encouragement I went for my WI and had a STS.

Friday night I had an Indian takeaway and wine with friends, Saturday I had a wedding so ate and drank all day at that, Sunday I was hungover and had McDonalds for lunch and then a big pasta dinner!

So I was good on Monday & yesterday but really expected to be up by 2lb and would be happy with that.

When I stood on the scales for my WI last night I couldn’t believe ….I was down 1lb!!!!!!!!!!!! So my conclusion is that either I have worms or the batteries in the scales are dying because there was no way I could be down!! To say I’m thrilled is an understatement and really pushed me on and given me the boost I need not to quit!

I’m off on holidays next week but bringing my runners and hopefully I’ll be able to balance the eating and drinking.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone!

Well done prob the boost you needed enjoy your holiday x

Just had my WI, down another half pound (as per recent weeks), which means I am just half a pound away from my goal weight! So close now, I am really excited to be so near. I'm a little worried about the Bank Holiday weekend coming up - I normally don't have a loss with all the partying I tend to get up to :-). I'm going to make sure I've planned really carefully for the weekend (have low pp soup in the fridge and stuff for filling yet healthy breakfasts) and hopefully, fingers crossed, I will get there.

Well done everyone on your great losses this week! It's lovely to see all the positivity! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi All.
    I'm new to this but have been reading all of the posts on this thread and it has really helped keep me motivated! I went back to ww for the 3rd time just over a week ago and was the heaviest I've been in over 3 years. The last time I did ww, I was losing on average 2lbs a week. Only managed to lose 1lb when I was WI this monday, but at least it's a loss I guess! I was told I have 30 propoints to use every day, but does anyone else struggle to use all their points? I feel so full after my lunch and dinner that I think I'm overfeeding myself!!

Hi guys,

The good week is continuing here. Did the 500 yesterday. I may have gone over a bit as I had some cheese but Ill live with that. Its weird how on a good week, I feel so much more confident in my body than a bad week even though I might actually weigh less on the bad week! My OH admitted to me recently that he hadn't noticed I had put on weight. I had put on over 2.5 stone in the almost 6 years we've been together. Ive lost over a stone of that now and he says I look better but sure, he probably doesn't even notice. I didn't know whether to be insulted or complimented when he said he hadn't noticed my gain. I suppose it bodes well for our relationship that it's not just attraction based. He's a typical man:
    -How do I look honey? -Lovely sweetie (without even glancing away from the TV!).
    -Did you like the dress I wore to that wedding? Will I wear it again? -What dress? I thought you wore trousers.
    :D

Anyway, my mum and friends have noticed so I will soak up their compliments instead.

How can a Bank Holiday weekend fill someone with such excitement and dread at the same time? I have a night out Friday, Lion King Saturday and a night in Mayo Sunday. Gulp! I had suggested to my OH that we go out for dinner on Saturday but i think I will make something yum at home instead so that I can point it. I might do something from the Woman's Way recipes. Friday will be a dinner at home job too. On Sunday, we will probably leave early in the day so will be eating out on the road or when we get there but I can handle one unplanned meal. My downfall recently has been the drink instead and allowing myself to be pulled into rounds of shots and jagerbombs! So this weekend I will stick to vodka and diet coke and try to count how many I have. Eek! I need to learn to control my weekends so plan plan plan.

• Advertisement

Well I went back to weight watchers last night.

I am the grand total of 14stone 10 pounds.

I didn't get to read over the books or even plan my meals - my little girl was wild and I was up until 11 with her.....

It's time to get smart now and do what I can to get my weight down....if I get the time!!!

So far I have had 2 weetabix, 2 wholegrain toast and a mullerlight yoghurt.

Pinkstars - congratulations on your return - when I started I was devastated at the number on the scales and my leader said 'it's the last time you'll see it'. So said good luck and thanks to that number and plan to never see it again. Best of luck to you, keep us updated!

Cavangal - I hear ya on the bank holiday - my downfall is beer, I try to stick to clear spirits and diet mixers, but really all I want is a nice cold beer. Very very hard, and then the worst part is the craving for a roll with hash browns, butter and ketchup the next morning!

Granniecaz - welcome to the club! Looking forward to hearing all about your journey. Be sure to eat all your daily pps - WW is designed to balance your metabolism so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Also, the pp novelty wore off for me at the start, and while the first wee while was easy peasy, I was really looking for those extra pp as I settled into the programme! 1lb a week is a really excellent loss - don't be disappointed. It's sort of a chorus in here that 1lb a week is almost 4stone a year! If someone said right now you could be four stone lighter this time next year, there's few of us that wouldn't say 'yes please'! So celebrate any and every minus that comes to you - think of a pound of butter - all of that is GONE!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loving the positivity in here today!

Lots of losses in here this week, my third WI is tonight, hopefully I can make it 3 losses in a row! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Just swapped from iPhone to galaxy 4, just wondering wat ww app is there for it!!

Well done on all the losses I'm stuck in a pleateau since January 1 down 2 up and so on, have changed my exercises to see will it change anything but so far nothing.... Any tips??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

granniecaz welcome to the thread. I am also finding it much slower this time around. We don't have the newbie dedication to it, well I don't! You really do need to eat all your daily points and 30 isn't that much. There are people on 50/60! Make sure you are eating three proper, healthy meals a day. As you are new to it again, check that you are pointing correcty. Are you measuring out all your food? If not make sure you are as you may not be pointing it correctly. If you are still struggling, then use full fat foods instead of the light versions. Use olive oil for cooking.

RachaelFergie do you still have much to lose or are you close to goal? The one advice I will give you is don't give up. If you go to meetings, then don't stop attending. If you don't want to WI, you can attend for free. I think you will still have to pay the cost for missing the WI but you'd still only be paying €15 for 2 weeks instead of €20! I hit a plateau before and it was my biggest mistake/regret to not keep going to the meetings as I put it all back on and a bit more :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just swapped from iPhone to galaxy 4, just wondering wat ww app is there for it!!

Well done on all the losses I'm stuck in a pleateau since January 1 down 2 up and so on, have changed my exercises to see will it change anything but so far nothing.... Any tips??

How many Daily pps are you on? And are you tracking your points and meals? If so, whats an average day like pointwise for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Loughc wrote: »
    How many Daily pps are you on? And are you tracking your points and meals? If so, whats an average day like pointwise for you?

I'm on 26pp, typical day I use between 22 - 26 sobr eat a huge amount if meat so alot of meals are vegtastic, was at goal and put back on 7lbs and haven't been able to shift it at all however when I got to goal originally I was under eating to the point of using only 15 ppts a day now my fear is my body has gotten so used to that level if unhealthy low points that I will never be able to loose by eating 26pps a day! Does that make sense?

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of how many propoints are in the Nescafe Skinny Lattes?

Thanks so much...

Guys I got a pot today about the side of a plastic cup with natural yogurt, strawberry syrup type stuff and granola in it. How many pp approx would you give it?

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of how many propoints are in the Nescafe Skinny Lattes?

Thanks so much...

A 20g sachet is 2pp as far as I know! :)

Advertisement