Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

CavanGal wrote: »
    Guys I got a pot today about the side of a plastic cup with natural yogurt, strawberry syrup type stuff and granola in it. How many pp approx would you give it?

You prob don't want to hear this but I would put this at at least 8pp if not 10pp. Yoghurt most likely full fat which would be 4pp, granola can be hugely high, again 3-4 and the syrup is pretty much sugar so can be 2-3pp. I have pointed things like this thathave nutrition on them and usually around 8-10pp....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Hey everybody just thought i would pop in and tell you all how Im doing I lost 7 1/2 pound in 2 weeks..I lost 5 pound 1st week and 2 1/2 the following week...on my week 3 now hopefully get another 2 1/2 and then I will have my first GOAL complet :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Hey everybody just thought i would pop in and tell you all how Im doing I lost 7 1/2 pound in 2 weeks..I lost 5 pound 1st week and 2 1/2 the following week...on my week 3 now hopefully get another 2 1/2 and then I will have my first GOAL complet :D:D

Bragging much?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

GraceKWW wrote: »

Wow fair play that is great going! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Bragging much?

Ok yes I'm jealous much!!! Well done. Keep it up. :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I'm on 26pp, typical day I use between 22 - 26 sobr eat a huge amount if meat so alot of meals are vegtastic, was at goal and put back on 7lbs and haven't been able to shift it at all however when I got to goal originally I was under eating to the point of using only 15 ppts a day now my fear is my body has gotten so used to that level if unhealthy low points that I will never be able to loose by eating 26pps a day! Does that make sense?

Wow, 15pp is low, I think I would starve and stop functioning, but i am a glutton!!!

Sorry I don't really have any advice, have you asked your WW leader?
    maybe up the exercise??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just at WI I lost 1.5lbs, that's 6.5lbs down in the last 3 weeks, raging I didn't get my silver seven this week!

My gorgeous gf Jwacqui had a deserving loss of 2.5lb this week :) delighted for her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Lormuz wrote: »
    Wow, 15pp is low, I think I would starve and stop functioning, but i am a glutton!!!

Sorry I don't really have any advice, have you asked your WW leader?
    maybe up the exercise??

I'm doing 3 nights of spinning one step aerobics one boxercise and I run the other 2 so I don't think I can do much more feel like just giving up

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Cailleach an airgid, thanks for the pointers :) Starting out at 13st 10.5lbs so I would love to lose about 3&half stone. So when you put it like that, I would be thrilled if it took a year to lose all that weight. I just have to stick with it this time! I lost almost a stone last time, got down to under 12st, but of course put it back on, along with the extra stone when I got bored and here I am again!

And thanks Eabhabear, going to have to make some things full fat, as I am literally bursting. I have weetabix & banana for brekkie, lunch is homemade veg soup which I'm giving 3pp (just in case!) with a skinny roll filled with ham, salad & mayo. Dinner then is mince and loads of veggies. I only have about 5points saved then, so I have a ww choc bar. But I am literally fit to burst! Feel way fuller than when I ate all that junk food before. Hopefully I won't cave over the bank hol. Going to use my weekly points for a nice bottle of wine over the weekend instead of getting takeaway.

GraceKWW congrats on the great loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

granniecaz wrote: »
    Cailleach an airgid, thanks for the pointers :) Starting out at 13st 10.5lbs so I would love to lose about 3&half stone. So when you put it like that, I would be thrilled if it took a year to lose all that weight. I just have to stick with it this time! I lost almost a stone last time, got down to under 12st, but of course put it back on, along with the extra stone when I got bored and here I am again!

And thanks Eabhabear, going to have to make some things full fat, as I am literally bursting. I have weetabix & banana for brekkie, lunch is homemade veg soup which I'm giving 3pp (just in case!) with a skinny roll filled with ham, salad & mayo. Dinner then is mince and loads of veggies. I only have about 5points saved then, so I have a ww choc bar. But I am literally fit to burst! Feel way fuller than when I ate all that junk food before. Hopefully I won't cave over the bank hol. Going to use my weekly points for a nice bottle of wine over the weekend instead of getting takeaway.

i started in september 13.10 and now 11.6 the first 2 came off quick and its been so slow have threatned to quit the last few weeks but only 7 lb left until goal. Best wishes to you we can do it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm doing 3 nights of spinning one step aerobics one boxercise and I run the other 2 so I don't think I can do much more feel like just giving up

You are definitely eating too little. I don't know how you can survive on 15 points doing that amount of exercise. To break a plateau there are numerous things you can try. The first is to eat at maintenance level for a few weeks and then drop back to 26 points. I'm not really sure what maintenance would be in terms of points but it would roughly be 2,000 calories. You can try yo-yoing which is eating your 182 (26x7) calories a week but eating different amounts every day. So for example you have 20 one day (I really wouldn't go any lower), 35 the next and so on. You could try 5:2 (intermittent fasting). You should also look at the types of foods you are eating. If you aren't eating veg, fruit, protein etc. you should try and clean up your diet. I'm not talking about full clean eating, just cut down on the junk food, maybe cut down on the carbs for a while as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I would reiterate what Eabhabear said and you are not going to like my reply, but you should google it yourself as well (google metabolism reset). I did a bit of research into this subject when I was plateau-ing last year.

Your body has gone into starvation mode and is used to the calories you have been feeding it. You need to eat more than maintenance for at least a month (you can google the calories for maintenance for someone of your age/height/weight and eat about 300-500 calories per day more than this). You will gain weight. After your metabolism normalises, you can then drop your calories/points to a level where you would start losing again (about 500 less than maintenance) and you should start losing regularly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

You are eating way way too little. If u are genuinely struggling to eat your 26 points of 'big' foods, eat a spoon of peanutbutter . Cook ur dinner in a tbs of olive oil. Add potatoes to your salad/soup, eat a full fat yogurt etc. You are risking damaging your health by eating at this level. Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

i started in september 13.10 and now 11.6 the first 2 came off quick and its been so slow have threatned to quit the last few weeks but only 7 lb left until goal. Best wishes to you we can do it :)

I have been within three lbs of goal for AGES now, I feel your pain - a plateau is to be expected but so frustrating! I have half a bloody pound left - I really hope that the Bank Holiday doesn't scupper my chances of getting there.

I have decided to buy like a million bikini's for my holiday at the end of May if I get to goal. And several pairs of skinny jeans. I'm really tempted by a takeaway to celebrate, but that goes against everything I've learned about food in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

granniecaz wrote: »

Welcome along :) I started out three weeks ago just about same weight as you.. not my first time either prob about my 5th!! Im in Oz thou so I weigh in kgs.. Im down 3kg after weigh in 2 and il weigh in again on monday.

Wishing you well on your journey :)

Anyone any nice lunch recipes preferably like a dinner that i can have at lunch time.. maybe a curry or something.. getting six of the soup after 3 weeks so want to try something new next week ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

One more day till WI and the Bank Holiday weekend. I came home to a yummy dinner of Aldi extra lean mince, carrots and baby spuds last night. My OH makes unreal mince with Beef Stock, gravy granules, Lea Perins and other such stuff thrown in. I had a massive portion as Aldi extra lean mince is only 6pp per 200g. I highly recommend it!

Im doing my second 2/500 today. Have eaten porridge, a small tea and some grapes so far.

I thanked your post Tiny but I also want to say no thanks ;) as I did not think the cup would cost me so much. I got it instead of a purple snack to be healthy. I'll go for the snack from now on!!

Speaking of purple snacks... I saw during the wk that they are gone down to 3pp which is super news! I love them! But my question is how did they just go down a point/change or were they always 3 and we didn't realise it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Purple snacks are only 3! :D

Does anybody know how many PP are in a bag of Treble Crunch?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Purple snacks are only 3! :D

Does anybody know how many PP are in a bag of Treble Crunch?

Three in a packet of Treble Crunch as well. I have them with me for lunch they are yum!

for anyone with a smart phone def download a WW PP Calculator, all you need to do is input the nutrionial information and wolla you can point pretty much anything! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I absolutely LOVE a purple snack - haven't had one in ages. Chocolate is a very rare treat for me, as it's something that I don't tend to gorge on (that's bread and cheese for me, in case you're wondering). It'll be lovely to have a wee treat of a Snack from time to time - delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Loughc wrote: »
    Three in a packet of Treble Crunch as well. I have them with me for lunch they are yum!

for anyone with a smart phone def download a WW PP Calculator, all you need to do is input the nutrionial information and wolla you can point pretty much anything! :)

I got another brill one called food value diary or something like that and I can scan the barcode and it gives the points for the item. It's a great help!!

Well done all on another week nearly down! Was down 3 lbs this week, so 9 lbs in total gone in 5 weeks. I'm thrilled!

Have a great and healthy long weekend everyone! :D

I can't go a day without chocolate!! Definitely my major downfall.....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

bb86 wrote: »
    I can't go a day without chocolate!! Definitely my major downfall.....

I can go without chocolate and treats, but i have realise im a bit of a cookie monster, i cant have one piece of chocolate or one biscuit. if i have one biscuit i will have half a packet gone before i get to bed and chocolate is the same i have one small bit and i will ramsack the house to find more.
    So from today i am going off Biscuits and chocolate for 1 week and see how i get on.
    I have wi at lunchtime sts would be a really good result after my weekend away but i will prob have a gain.
    well done everyone on your losses this week, love this board i really would be lost without it, so much motivation when needed xxx

[QUOTE=

Anyone any nice lunch recipes preferably like a dinner that i can have at lunch time.. maybe a curry or something.. getting six of the soup after 3 weeks so want to try something new next week ??[/QUOTE]

I find couscous is very handy, stirfry garlic, chilli, carrots, peppers, peas or whatever veg you fancy, bit of soya sauce and worcestershire sauce make the couscous with stock cube and put the whole lot together yum and very filling. 40g of dried couscous 4pp (plus any additional points for pointed veg you might use, i use peas so i point them)
    Make double and it is fine the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I can go without chocolate and treats, but i have realise im a bit of a cookie monster, i cant have one piece of chocolate or one biscuit. if i have one biscuit i will have half a packet gone before i get to bed and chocolate is the same i have one small bit and i will ramsack the house to find more.
    So from today i am going off Biscuits and chocolate for 1 week and see how i get on.
    I have wi at lunchtime sts would be a really good result after my weekend away but i will prob have a gain.
    well done everyone on your losses this week, love this board i really would be lost without it, so much motivation when needed xxx

I found this hard too. For me the only way was just not to buy them. I'm not self disciplined enough to have them in the house and not eat them so if I don't buy them, they're not there and I can't eat them.

Have you tried pink n whites for a sugary fix. They're no dairy milk but they are nice and sweet and only one point each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

I find couscous is very handy, stirfry garlic, chilli, carrots, peppers, peas or whatever veg you fancy, bit of soya sauce and worcestershire sauce make the couscous with stock cube and put the whole lot together yum and very filling. 40g of dried couscous 4pp (plus any additional points for pointed veg you might use, i use peas so i point them)
    Make double and it is fine the next day

Thanks tryagain, was thinkin something along those lines mite try it Sunday even using quinoa maybe :-)

Much appreciated! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Hi guys, haven't posted for a bit. Things are going well. I have reached 10% weight loss and lost 1 and a half stone. So really pleased. BUT I have found out that for me to reach goal would be 11stone 8 (I'm 5'9). That's another stone to lose!! I would have been happy with 12 stone. 11'8 seems impossible to achieve. I plan to keep going to 12 stone and then decide what then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

arisagain wrote: »
    Hi guys, haven't posted for a bit. Things are going well. I have reached 10% weight loss and lost 1 and a half stone. So really pleased. BUT I have found out that for me to reach goal would be 11stone 8 (I'm 5'9). That's another stone to lose!! I would have been happy with 12 stone. 11'8 seems impossible to achieve. I plan to keep going to 12 stone and then decide what then!!

Have you discussed goal with your leader? I'm 5'9" too- my goal is also 12 stone- I think 12st 1lb would give me a healthy BMI of 25, so that goal should be acceptable for us both. Like you, I wouldn't want to go below 12 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

ck83 wrote: »
    Have you discussed goal with your leader? I'm 5'9" too- my goal is also 12 stone- I think 12st 1lb would give me a healthy BMI of 25, so that goal should be acceptable for us both. Like you, I wouldn't want to go below 12 stone.
    Yes I did but she said go to 12 stone but the 'computer' said that to reach gold i have to get to a BMI of 24 which is 11'8

• Advertisement

STS today which im happy with had a really nice weekend away with my hubby but upped the exercise to limit the damage so a STS is what i was hoping for. Now challange is to try not touch 49 till Sunday, i feel the earlier i start on them the more damage I do so fingers crossed

Advertisement