Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

arisagain wrote: »
    Yes I did but she said go to 12 stone but the 'computer' said that to reach gold i have to get to a BMI of 24 which is 11'8

The computer can be adjusted. She probably hasn't adjusted yet as she is waiting for you to get to 12st and to talk about it then. My leader puts my 13st 4.5lbs which is a stone lighter, she'll then adjust it to another stone when I get to that and so on. It is to prevent me getting caught up with goal as I'm not near it.
    So from today i am going off Biscuits and chocolate for 1 week and see how i get on.

I'm going to join you. I'm the exact same, I cannot just have one, I have the whole packet. I tried to give up chocolate before but I think what I did wrong was I was giving it up for good. I'm going to give up chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks for the week and see how I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

arisagain wrote: »
    Yes I did but she said go to 12 stone but the 'computer' said that to reach gold i have to get to a BMI of 24 which is 11'8

Wouldn't you just be better to get to your own preferred goal than to just follow what a computer says. If you feel happy and comfortable at 12st then I think you should aim for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Bragging

IM not bragging im sharing with the forum and hopefully motivating people...u shud try it rather than bringing people down with comments such as this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Wouldn't you just be better to get to your own preferred goal than to just follow what a computer says. If you feel happy and comfortable at 12st then I think you should aim for that.

This is true... BUT the whole healthy BMI/ gold card thing is annoying... The computer can't see that some people just aren't suited to being a certain BMI- due to muscle mass, build etc. I'd be more than happy to get to 12st 7 and call it a day, but i wouldn't get a gold card, because I'd still be over weight... Then I'd have to pay €10 for ever more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    This is true... BUT the whole healthy BMI/ gold card thing is annoying... The computer can't see that some people just aren't suited to being a certain BMI- due to muscle mass, build etc. I'd be more than happy to get to 12st 7 and call it a day, but i wouldn't get a gold card, because I'd still be over weight... Then I'd have to pay €10 for ever more...

As far as I know if you get a doctor to confirm that you are at a healthy weight above your BMI then you can become a gold member - I could be wrong but it might be worth talking to your leader about.

I know what you mean as I would have been gutted to pay so much over time, do hard work and not get the same 'status' for want of a better word than someone else who happens to fit in a box.

I am at the very top end of my BMI and am perfectly healthy and happy there - the same goals just arent for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Bragging

IM not bragging im sharing with the forum and hopefully motivating people...u shud try it rather than bringing people down with comments such as this

When I first read this I was going to say you mustn't have seen my 2nd post where I said I was jealous and said well done to you. Then I noticed that you had indeed "thanked" this said 2nd post. I am sorry if it offended you.

Maybe I shouldn't bother to post again if I can only bring people down and not motivate them.

Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I managed to resist a slice of chocolate cake today at lunch...I am very proud of myself!!
    Actually i had just had a bowl of fruit with WW yogurt and was stuffed....

I wonder am I eating too much fruit - I know it's free but do any of you guys put a limit on how much you have??

For example, all week I have been having an apple, pear, slice of melon and hand full of grapes chopped up with some ww yoghurt for 11s.
    Then a banana at lunch also.

Does this sound too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Lormuz, I have an apple, a pear, a banana, 2 mandarines and grapes everyday as well as raisins in my porridge. I couldnt survive without them to snack on at my desk. I havent noticed any effect on my weightloss. Someone here suggested chopped raw carrots for a snack to cut down on sugar. Anyone know of other veg that are nice raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

GraceKWW wrote: »

When I first read this I was going to say you mustn't have seen my 2nd post where I said I was jealous and said well done to you. Then I noticed that you had indeed "thanked" this said 2nd post. I am sorry if it offended you.

Maybe I shouldn't bother to post again if I can only bring people down and not motivate them.

Good luck to you all.

Im sorry Total Misunderstanding :D I thought at first you wore just a troll and didnt realize that was you who sid you wore jealous much and stuff
    Sorry
    total mis communication
    FAIL:/ hahah water under the bridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi everyguys!

It's a friends birthday on Saturday! We're all staying over at hers, having chinese and watching movies and all other kind of girly things!

I'm researching a few recipes for pro pointed cupcakes so I can limit the damage in that area!

One BIG question I do have is pro points for Chinese Takeaway meals!! I have the eating out guide and I have all the points there! But are they for a full chinese portion? Like 6pp for mushroom chow mein? Surely there's more than 6pp in the noodles alone?

SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi everyguys!

It's a friends birthday on Saturday! We're all staying over at hers, having chinese and watching movies and all other kind of girly things!

I'm researching a few recipes for pro pointed cupcakes so I can limit the damage in that area!

One BIG question I do have is pro points for Chinese Takeaway meals!! I have the eating out guide and I have all the points there! But are they for a full chinese portion? Like 6pp for mushroom chow mein? Surely there's more than 6pp in the noodles alone?

Hey as far as i know its based on weight like the way everything else weight watchers is so i guess common sense prevails here.. the skinnydollsblog is also really useful and has loads of take away pp worked out! id recommend maybe splitting a portion with a friend or two as well! Enjoy your sleep over :)

Lormuz wrote: »
    I managed to resist a slice of chocolate cake today at lunch...I am very proud of myself!!
    Actually i had just had a bowl of fruit with WW yogurt and was stuffed....

I wonder am I eating too much fruit - I know it's free but do any of you guys put a limit on how much you have??

For example, all week I have been having an apple, pear, slice of melon and hand full of grapes chopped up with some ww yoghurt for 11s.
    Then a banana at lunch also.

Does this sound too much?

With fruit you should go by the recommended 5 a day, everything in moderation. Fruit is full of sugar and has calories so you should bear that in mind. In saying that, if you are losing weight consistently then you shouldn't worry about it. Once the weight loss slows down or plateaus, then you can look at reducing the amount your eating.

Someone on here was asking for a weekend survival guide. I have just uploaded a post on my blog, its not so much a guide but more how I get through the weekends, on my good weekends that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi everyguys!

That would be a tiny portion. A standard Singapore chow mein is between 18/20 PP depending on how oily ur Chinese is. I usually ask for extra Veg and added mushrooms in mine. To fit them in, they take some noodles out. Try avoid the starters if possible, but I never can!!

I bought a skipping rope yesterday thinking I could skip all day w/o breaking a sweat, eh not the case. I got 15 mins done and it was torture. I'm going to try build that up tho, it burns through the calories so fast. I also can't use the all so familiar too busy for the gym excuse with it sitting there.

I have stayed the same the last two weeks which is a pain, but better then a gain so I'm trying to stay positive. Good luck with the long weekend everyone.

Down 1lb so now 11.9stone. The lightest I have been in about 3 years. Whoop! So excited for the weekend. I am plan central and will also read your blog, Eabhabear. I think I and about a million other people asked for a weekend guide so it will be really useful. I have chicken out defrosting so might make Hairy Dieters breaded chicken coz its yum. I might try roasting some stir fry veg to have with it. Out the night tonight but I am going to sneak a few sparkling waters to keep my points down.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Eabhabear can you give the link to your blog again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys :) Been doing pretty well all week. I bought a bottle of the low alcohol Blossom Hill wine and all I can say is YUM! Tasted it last night so going to enjoy the bottle tonight and looking forward to waking up without a fuzzy head tomorrow! Meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and cooking dinner for some friends tomorrow night. Hopefully I won't do too much damage. Going to keep my recipes ww friendly.

Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend :)

Natmus wrote: »
    Eabhabear can you give the link to your blog again please.

Here you go http://formerfatgirltobe.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Anyone got any idea how many PP would be in a Jameson and coke? Planning on having 2 or maybe 3 tonight when I'm out.

Eabhabear, great blog. I hadnt realised you'd posted so much! The weekend guide is just want I need and Ive drafted a rough food plan for the weekend. For the first time ever though, I have planned my alcohol. 49weeklies = 16vodkas which is loads for two nights out. I am going to count my drinks and stop drinking when Ive reached my pp limit. Ive never done this before and usually spend the next day trying to figure out how much I drank. It might also benefit my wallet too. I am staying away from the shots this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Anyone got any idea how many PP would be in a Jameson and coke? Planning on having 2 or maybe 3 tonight when I'm out.

Far as I know a pub measure of spirits is 3 propoints. Zero propoints for diet coke.

• Advertisement

granniecaz wrote: »
    Far as I know a pub measure of spirits is 3 propoints. Zero propoints for diet coke.

Oh that's actually not bad. The diet coke isn't as nice with it but I might make do for tonight because I really want to get my last pound down and I can start trying to lost my 3rd stone. :)

Oh that's actually not bad. The diet coke isn't as nice with it but I might make do for tonight because I really want to get my last pound down and I can start trying to lost my 3rd stone. :)

Great stuff out of you i hope you get that pound gone this week!

Had date nite in cinema tonight didn't have dinner so had some munchies first time in ages iv done that! Made list while sitting in cinema of exactly what i ate, sad as i sounds i needed to know for pp rather than just writing off my dinner pp or whatever!

Got up for 7am spin this morning its killed but was quite proud of myself!

Not a long weekend here so staying active and alcohol free :)

enjoy yourselves and be good to yourselves :)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Eabhabear, great blog. I hadnt realised you'd posted so much! The weekend guide is just want I need and Ive drafted a rough food plan for the weekend. For the first time ever though, I have planned my alcohol. 49weeklies = 16vodkas which is loads for two nights out. I am going to count my drinks and stop drinking when Ive reached my pp limit. Ive never done this before and usually spend the next day trying to figure out how much I drank. It might also benefit my wallet too. I am staying away from the shots this weekend.

Thanks. Up until this week I wasn't that busy in work so I had some time to work on it. I never used to point alcohol until this time around and it really does make a difference on the scales! 3 points for vodka isn't that much so you can still enjoy your night out :)

I am really glad this week is over. It was stressful for so many different reasons; work, TOTM and to top it off I got a head cold. Exercise was non-existent and food was bad but not as bad I have been on a week like this in the past. I definitely have come a long way in the last few weeks. No big plans this weekend, just a quiet drink with some friends so going to make a big effort between now and Wednesday to see a loss.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I would love it if the sun comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Sun is out here! Unfortunately the french market is in town and I couldn't resist buying a loaf of the olive bread! Feck and now it's here tempting me. Honestly think I'm just going to fire it in the freezer - can't even work out why I bought it in the first place! A bad start to the long weekend :-(

Has anyone tried the WW dessert yoghurts? They're really lovely and only 1PP, same as the normal WW yoghurts. I'm having a strawberry tart one now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi, hope you are all doing well! Just wondering if any one heard of a weight watchers supplement in one of the papers this weekend....pretty sure I heard it...

It's tomorrow's Sunday World :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Yay, thanks so much.
    Will defo pick up a copy!

pinkstars wrote: »
    Yay, thanks so much.
    Will defo pick up a copy!

Me too! No problem at all :)

• Advertisement

Hello all hope your all having a good weekend!

I think i am no alcohol, some treats and three gym classes! although had dinner out yday steak and vegetables.. was well able to point it! I did have an upset stomach last nite and ended up on the loo.. starting to freak out that it may somehow cause havoc to my weigh in tomorrow nite! Hoping not anyways!
    If anyone has experience of this any advice would be great!

enjoy the rest of the weekend im heading home to clean and chill :)

Advertisement