Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Me too! No problem at all :)

I'm just reading through it now. It's actually a good one with a few nice recipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I still have to get it. I might walk to the shop in a little while.

I've finally started my blog! Link in my sig for anyone interested! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well good weekend so far! Really managing to keep on track, four weeks in and still feeling very positive! :D

Didn't really enjoy my sandwich yesterday for lunch and I was so disappointed that my points were wasted on it. Just goes to show how important it is to keep the food tasty and enjoyable.

Another big thing I'm finding helpful is planning out the week. Every week after Weigh In, myself and Loughc plan out a list of dinners and lunches for the week. Sometimes they can swap and change but still a list of lunches and dinners ready made.

We make a list and pop it on the fridge, its really helping.

Breakfast is nearly always the same and easy to manage so thats why I haven't entered it :)

The last two weeks I have made a large batch of chilli mince with tonnes of veg and froze it in portions. It is so versatile! Can be had with pasta, on wraps, with mash as shepherds pie, with Nachos or with actifry chips and cheese as homemade Chilli fries! We make a list and pop it on the fridge, its really helping.
    2j6wrc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMC weight watcher

Hi, just joining in as I started the WW diet last Monday 29th April and have lost 6 pound as of today ! so delighted with what i would consider big results for 1 week of weight loss so im definitely gonna stick to it. also exercised a whole lot so that helped. the whole concept of the diet really made me grab fruit snacks instead of processed snacks and made me exercise 6 times this week. mostly light and moderate exercise but still a lot more than i was doing before. anyway with all this ramble my question is to people who are following the diet: do you use up all of your daily allowance everyday or do you try to eat under it to make weight loss? ie do you eat the full 26 pp everyday or do you try to only eat about 22pp of your allowance, to make weight loss happen? secondly if i use the full 49 pp weekly allowance say every week im on the diet, am i sacrificing weight loss or lowering my chance of it happening every week? thank youuuu

• Advertisement

Hi, just joining in as I started the WW diet last Monday 29th April and have lost 6 pound as of today ! so delighted with what i would consider big results for 1 week of weight loss so im definitely gonna stick to it. also exercised a whole lot so that helped. the whole concept of the diet really made me grab fruit snacks instead of processed snacks and made me exercise 6 times this week. mostly light and moderate exercise but still a lot more than i was doing before. anyway with all this ramble my question is to people who are following the diet: do you use up all of your daily allowance everyday or do you try to eat under it to make weight loss? ie do you eat the full 26 pp everyday or do you try to only eat about 22pp of your allowance, to make weight loss happen? secondly if i use the full 49 pp weekly allowance say every week im on the diet, am i sacrificing weight loss or lowering my chance of it happening every week? thank youuuu

First off welcome to the thread and well done on your weight loss :) Do you attend meetings or are you doing it at home? Did your leader put you on 26 points? No matter what points you are on you should never eat below 26 points. You should be eating your full daily point allowance. If you eat below that, you may initially lose weight but you will eventually plateau. Weight Watchers set your daily allowance at a level that will allow you to lose 1-2 lbs a week.

Regarding the 49 weeklies, there is mix opinion on these. Some people can use them on take-away etc and still lose weight. Others use only some of them and others don't use any of them. It is a personal decision. I would advise you to use all of them to begin with (if you want to that is), and see if you lose weight. If you don't, then try only using half of them. Then if you aren't losing weight, just stick to your daily points. It really is trial and error.

Also bear in mind that you probably won't see the same weight loss next week as it is normally only in the first week that you would see such a big loss. Anything from 1-2 lbs is the norm and what you should be aiming for. Good luck with your weight loss.

Thanks. I don't do meetings I do it myself at home. Originally my brother and his gf started themselves and gave me the folder from the meetings to have a look at myself which i did. I have a ww app and when i entered my height weight and age it calculated 26 pp daily points for me. i know about the average 2 pound weight loss after this week so im prepared for that. i was just wondering how rigidly you have to stick to the diet to make this weight loss per week and was unsure about how to deal with my dailies but thanks for answering my question you helped with the trail and error suggestion :) good luck with yours too!

Best of luck with your WW journey DMC. This thread is definitely great for support. :)

Thanks. I don't do meetings I do it myself at home. Originally my brother and his gf started themselves and gave me the folder from the meetings to have a look at myself which i did. I have a ww app and when i entered my height weight and age it calculated 26 pp daily points for me. i know about the average 2 pound weight loss after this week so im prepared for that. i was just wondering how rigidly you have to stick to the diet to make this weight loss per week and was unsure about how to deal with my dailies but thanks for answering my question you helped with the trail and error suggestion :) good luck with yours too!

I would definitely eat all your daily points as you are on 26 and any lower would be considered starvation. You will see a loss if you stick to 26. If you struggle to use your 26 points, look at using full fat products instead of low fat alternatives. Incorporate healthy fats into your diet such as olive oil and avocados and bulk your meals up with lots of lean protein.

On a different note, I am going on a shopping spree tomorrow. I have been in denial for too long about regaining the weight and my wardrobe has not thanked me for it. I have literally been wearing the same clothes all the time so its time to go and get some nice new clothes. I am going to ignore what size is on the label, it doesn't matter as long as the clothes look good on me. The label size is only a stepping stone to the new me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well good weekend so far! Really managing to keep on track, four weeks in and still feeling very positive! :D

Didn't really enjoy my sandwich yesterday for lunch and I was so disappointed that my points were wasted on it. Just goes to show how important it is to keep the food tasty and enjoyable.

Another big thing I'm finding helpful is planning out the week. Every week after Weigh In, myself and Loughc plan out a list of dinners and lunches for the week. Sometimes they can swap and change but still a list of lunches and dinners ready made.

We make a list and pop it on the fridge, its really helping.

Breakfast is nearly always the same and easy to manage so thats why I haven't entered it :)

The last two weeks I have made a large batch of chilli mince with tonnes of veg and froze it in portions. It is so versatile! Can be had with pasta, on wraps, with mash as shepherds pie, with Nachos or with actifry chips and cheese as homemade Chilli fries! We make a list and pop it on the fridge, its really helping.
    2j6wrc.png

I'm doing this tonight before I go to bed. I've been saying that for weeks, but enough is enough. I'm starting this week with a proper plan! I saw on your blog that you made a sausage pasta bake a little while back- do you have the recipe posted somewhere? It looked yum!

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm doing this tonight before I go to bed. I've been saying that for weeks, but enough is enough. I'm starting this week with a proper plan! I saw on your blog that you made a sausage pasta bake a little while back- do you have the recipe posted somewhere? It looked yum!

It helps so much! Myself and Loughc manage to stay so on track because of it. Before we would have came home, nothing prepared and not knowing what to have. It would have ended up in bad food or a takeaway.

I have no idea where I posted it, but here's a picture of the recipe It's 9ppts per serving. Recipe serves 4 :D It was yummy!

30johi1.jpg

The speedy tomato sauce is just tinned tomatoes, garlic, herbs, 1tsp caster sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10mins. :-)

It helps so much! Myself and Loughc manage to stay so on track because of it. Before we would have came home, nothing prepared and not knowing what to have. It would have ended up in bad food or a takeaway.

I have no idea where I posted it, but here's a picture of the recipe It's 9ppts per serving. Recipe serves 4 :D It was yummy!

30johi1.jpg

The speedy tomato sauce is just tinned tomatoes, garlic, herbs, 1tsp caster sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10mins. :-)

Thanks a mil. That looks super... Though for the extra pp, ill be using superquinn low fat sausages... I just love them!

Meal plan made for the next couple of days. My big downfall for the last few weeks has been lunches at work. I've not been bringing anything, and ended up getting sandwiches in the shop every day. Disaster. And so expensive too. So enough is enough. I'm going to start bringing lunch every day, and leaving my purse at home to remove temptation!

I've also just taken my body measurements. Need to start focusing on something other than the scales. With that in mind, I've just thrown the battery from my bathroom scale in the bin, and put the scales in the attic. Another think I've had on the long finger for ages.

New week folks! Good luck!

good on you ck83 that's exactly how i felt a week ago when i started. just let go of the indecision and get stuck into it! good luck :)

thanks purple pawprints also :) il be keeping up with your blog too :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi. I started off on 26 points too back in October. I find that it's not a huge amount so I do eat the full 26 pretty much always and use my 49 weeklies at the weekend. I started at 12st 10 if memory serves me right and am now 10st 9(well I was on Friday). I went to meetings until Xmas and have been doing it myself since. Good luck.

Some days I find it difficult to have my full 26 ProPoints, usually I only eat between 22 and 24. Maybe I need to switch things up a bit.

I just got a blogger app on my phone so there will be no stopping me now. As soon as I think of an idea for my second post. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi guys, I know somebody here has a list of alcohol pro points, I did a search but nothing came up. Am looking for bulmers & bulmers light specifically, thanks :)

Can't remember who has that list Lola but as far as I know there are 8 ProPoints in a can of normal Bulmers if that's any help to you. Not sure if that's right, my cousin gave me that info a while back.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Can't remember who has that list Lola but as far as I know there are 8 ProPoints in a can of normal Bulmers if that's any help to you. Not sure if that's right, my cousin gave me that info a while back.  

Thanks pp, I just found this on the skinny doll blog.

Skinny Doll
    MARCH 29, 2011 AT 16:37
    Here’s some that might help.. think I might need a different kinda meeting!

DRINKIES… *HIC* …
    On the tiles…
    Bacardi Breezer per bottle = 4pp
    Baileys per 50ml = 6pp
    Bulmers Light per 330ml bottle = 4pp
    Champagne 750ml = 20 pp
    Coors light per bottle = 4pp
    Cider sweet per pint = 8pp
    Cider dry per pint = 7pp
    Guinness per pint = 6 pp
    Heineken per 330ml bottle = 5 pp
    Kopperburg cider per bottle = 8 pp
    Lager per pint = 6 pp
    Lager per bottle (330ml) = 3 pp
    Lager Low alcohol per bottle = 1pp
    Magners/Bulmers Light Cider 330ml bottle = 4 pp
    Magners/Bulmers Light Cider 500ml can = 6 pp
    Miller per 330ml bottle = 5pp
    Port per 50ml = 3pp
    Spirits (Vodka, brandy, gin, rum whiskey) per 35ml (Irish pub measure) = 3pp
    Sherry per 50ml = 2pp
    Schnappes per 35ml = 4pp
    WeightWatchers wine per 125ml = 3 pp
    West Coast Cooler 250ml = 5 pp
    West Coast Cooler 750ml = 14 pp

WINE – per 750ml
    Red wine = 19 pp
    White wine dry = 18 pp
    Rose = 19 pp
    White medium = 20 pp
    White sparkling = 19 pp
    White sweet = 25 pp

HAPPY HOUR…
    Bloody Mary = 4 pp
    Sex on the Beach = 8 pp
    Strawberry Daiquiri = 4 pp
    Pina Colada = 6 pp
    Cosmo = 6 pp
    Vodka Tonic = 3 pp
    Manhattan = 8 pp
    Screwdriver = 5 pp
    Frozen Mudslide = 11 pp
    G&T = 4 pp
    Jack & coke = 4 pp
    Mai Tai = 10 pp
    Rum & coke = 4 pp
    Mojito = 6 pp
    Martini = 6 pp
    White Russian = 7 pp
    Bloody Mary = 4 pp
    Margarita = 6 pp
    Frozen Daiquiri = 4 pp
    Long Island Ice Tea = 7 pp

• Advertisement

Some days I find it difficult to have my full 26 ProPoints, usually I only eat between 22 and 24. Maybe I need to switch things up a bit.

I just got a blogger app on my phone so there will be no stopping me now. As soon as I think of an idea for my second post. :o

I'm on 31, and I never struggle to reach my full ppts. Granted I do normally have a small treat in the evening for 2-5 ppts.

What are your meals like? Would be interesting for your next post, to post an average day of food. I love seeing how others use their points.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Aah im not a happy bunny tonight.. missed my meeting because i waited 45minutes for a tram and it didn't turn up... grrr really hate missing my usual class hoping i can find another one before work in the mornin.. I hate weighing in at different times too but i guess i don't have much choice.. Must refrain from making bad food choices while angry!!

Hi. I started off on 26 points too back in October. I find that it's not a huge amount so I do eat the full 26 pretty much always and use my 49 weeklies at the weekend. I started at 12st 10 if memory serves me right and am now 10st 9(well I was on Friday). I went to meetings until Xmas and have been doing it myself since. Good luck.[/quote]

That sounds exactly how I hope my diet will work out. I have a stone to lose myself and I feel WW is the most realistic way to do it because its not such a drastic diet change. And like I read someone said before its not like a diet it's a lifestyle change so I'm really happy to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Lola92 wrote: »
    Thanks pp, I just found this on the skinny doll blog.

Bottle of corona light only 99 cals which I point as 3 pp. it's delicious with hairy dieters chilli.

I'm on 31, and I never struggle to reach my full ppts. Granted I do normally have a small treat in the evening for 2-5 ppts.

What are your meals like? Would be interesting for your next post, to post an average day of food. I love seeing how others use their points.

That's a good idea. Weekdays are generally the same and the weekends change slightly because I have different breakfast and have my dinner in the middle of the day instead of evening.

Breakfast today:
    40g Aldi red berry cereal = 4PP
    100ml skimmed milk = 1PP

Planning on a salad for lunch:
    Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, boiled egg - white only = all 0PP
    WW balsamic dressing 15ml = 0PP
    Aldi crispbread = 2PP
    Coleslaw = 3PP
    WW yoghurt = 1PP

Dinner:
    150g mashed potatoes = 3PP
    Southern Fried chicken fillet = 7PP
    Cabbage = 0PP

21PP in total, 5PP left.

Will probably have some fruit during the day.

Bottle of corona light only 99 cals which I point as 3 pp. it's delicious with hairy dieters chilli.

You can't point alcohol yourself as you don't have all the nutritional information for it. All light beers are 4pps to the best of my knowledge.
    That's a good idea. Weekdays are generally the same and the weekends change slightly because I have different breakfast and have my dinner in the middle of the day instead of evening.

Breakfast today:
    40g Aldi red berry cereal = 4PP
    100ml skimmed milk = 1PP

Planning on a salad for lunch:
    Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, boiled egg - white only = all 0PP
    WW balsamic dressing 15ml = 0PP
    Aldi crispbread = 2PP
    Coleslaw = 3PP
    WW yoghurt = 1PP

Dinner:
    150g mashed potatoes = 3PP
    Southern Fried chicken fillet = 7PP
    Cabbage = 0PP

21PP in total, 5PP left.

Will probably have some fruit during the day.

I would add some protein into your lunch, some chicken or turkey or ham. Is there a reason you don't eat the yolks of the egg? I would eat the yolk if I was you. You could also add some calcium for your lunch and dinner like a glass of milk or some cheese. It will help you use up the extra few points :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You can't point alcohol yourself as you don't have all the nutritional information for it. All light beers are 4pps to the best of my knowledge.

I would add some protein into your lunch, some chicken or turkey or ham. Is there a reason you don't eat the yolks of the egg? I would eat the yolk if I was you. You could also add some calcium for your lunch and dinner like a glass of milk or some cheese. It will help you use up the extra few points :)

I was just going to say the exact same thing, but you bet me to it! Egg yolk, meat, cheese for lunch! You could also have a normal yoghurt rather than a ww one, or crumble a digestive biscuit into your yoghurt for an added treat!
    For dinner you could have 50 g more potato?
    I wouldn't stop at 21 pp- you need to use them all!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I had 2 slices of ham and I left the yoke in the egg. :)

I need some variety so I might try some WW recipes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Caved last night and had Burger King regular chips and cheese burger. Reckon about 20 pp for both :(

Not hopeful for Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Caved last night and had Burger King regular chips and cheese burger. Reckon about 20 pp for both :(

Not hopeful for Wednesday!

Just a normal cheeseburger? Its 17 points for both. If you have your weeklies, you are covered and you should still see a loss on Wednesday.

Advertisement