Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Could you link me to your blog please? Would love to have another one to follow!

Of course! http://janeswwjourney2013.blogspot.ie/
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks. I know you're right. I just made my green smoothie and lunch for tomorrow and I have my plan done for the week. I read your blog and its really good. Like you I'm going to try really hard this week to reach my weekly target next week.

I'm doing my plan as soon as I go to bed. Very determined this week. No silly snacks for me this week!

Question for you Eabhabear. How did you get the ticker on your blog? I'm trying to put mine on my blog and I can't do it! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Question for you Eabhabear. How did you get the ticker on your blog? I'm trying to put mine on my blog and I can't do it! :o

It took me ages to figure it out! You go to layout, add gadget, html/java script gadget and then copy and paste the html code from ticker factory. It should work.

It took me ages to figure it out! You go to layout, add gadget, html/java script gadget and then copy and paste the html code from ticker factory. It should work.

Ah crap.. Mine only says Add your own and then URL and when I do that it says the gadget is broken.. I'm confused.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi all! I was on this thread about 2 years ago and lost 18lbs. I've since gad a baby who is now 3 months old, so I started back at my meeting this evening.
    Just wondering is there an app you can use to track your pro points on the iPhone?

Thanks!

Welcome back bailey pants!! I remember you from last year. Congratulations!!! Fair play for gettin back into it so quickly.

There are a few apps out there. The one I use has been discontinued but if you search the thread or even the App Store you'll fine loads. Best of luck xx

Ah crap.. Mine only says Add your own and then URL and when I do that it says the gadget is broken.. I'm confused.. :o

When you click add gadget, does it not open up on the basics tab? There are 3 tabs on mine; basics, more gadgets and add your own.
    Hi all! I was on this thread about 2 years ago and lost 18lbs. I've since gad a baby who is now 3 months old, so I started back at my meeting this evening.
    Just wondering is there an app you can use to track your pro points on the iPhone?

Thanks!

Welcome back. I use the ultimate diary app. It costs about €2 but its well worth it. I did have a few teething problems with it initially but once you get used to it, it does the job.

• Advertisement

When you click add gadget, does it not open up on the basics tab? There are 3 tabs on mine; basics, more gadgets and add your own.

It does.. I'm useless at this stuff. :o

It does.. I'm useless at this stuff. :o

The HTML gadget should be under the basics tab. I didn't have a clue how to do it at first! Let me know if you can't get it working.

The HTML gadget should be under the basics tab. I didn't have a clue how to do it at first! Let me know if you can't get it working.

I got it! Thank you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Thanks!

OMG- I can't believe that much time has passed already! Crazy! I remember you posting here that you were expecting! Hope the little one is well, and fair play to you for getting back into ww!
    I use my score plus. It's great for calculating pp and tracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Bottle of corona light only 99 cals which I point as 3 pp. it's delicious with hairy dieters chilli.

Thanks Doodledootoo, I hate beer though :o Just can't stand the taste of the stuff. I've been meaning to try the hairy dieters book though, must try to pick up a copy soon.

Agh college stress with last minute assignments, exam study and nights out do not a good WW week make! I've decided that I'm just not going to bother tracking this week and start fresh next Monday once my birthday is over and I get a bit of routine going again. I'm going to keep to my usual healthy breakfasts & lunch and damage control as much as possible but I'm not going to worry about the points tomorrow as I enjoy my cocktails!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi all,

Well as LoughC said we had a great weigh in and have both lost 7.5lb over 4 weeks. Delighted and the hard week has paid off. Just gotta keep the momentum going. It's all about having the right attitude and sometimes that can be hard so I'm hoping we can keep motivating each other and keep on the right track!

Hope everyone has a great week! :-)

Had a look at your blog earlier Jwacqui. You look amazing! :)

Had a look at your blog earlier Jwacqui. You look amazing! :)

Thank you! Just made another post there x

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Thank you! Just made another post there x

Will definitely have a look tomorrow when I'm on my laptop. I love reading other people's stories, it's really inspirational. :)

I can't seem to sleep and I have ideas for blog entries running around in my head. :o

I feel a bit embarrassed writing this but here goes.....I went to a meeting tonight as I will probably have to work late tomorrow. I was up 1.5lbs :mad: I've no idea why as despite working late last week, I still tracked everything and was within points. Its just really frustrating. I don't mind the weight coming off slowly but to gain when I have so little is really disheartening. I couldn't make my meeting last week due to work and I probably would have had a gain as it was my TOTM so maybe its catching up on me? Who knows, but anyway I've an extra day now to work for hopefully a nice loss next week.

Well done to everyone who had losses this week and to anyone who gained, don't let it get you down. If you give up now, what was a small gain this week, will be a big gain next week.

Just remember hard work always pays off and if you were good it will always show. It might not be this week but wait until next week and just persevere! :-D you are doing so well! One gain doesn't define you and it happens to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Thanks a million guys! How have you been getting on? Fair play to you for still being on here! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Eabhabear I totally agree with Jwacqui. Try not to let it get you down and since you've been working so hard, sometimes it takes an extra week for a loss to show. We've all been there. You're doing amazing :)

Had my weigh in last night and was completely shocked to see a 3&half lbs loss! Was delighted! Really did not expect it as I really did have a terrible weekend. Let's hope it doesn't catch up on me next week! So that's 4&half lbs in 2 weeks. It's really motivated me and after all the false starts, I'm really determined to go the whole way this time and lose this weight once and for all :) This thread is really helping to keep me on the straight and narrow :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Hey guys,

Well yesterday morning I weighed myself and was 13' 9.5'' - which made me depressed as it was a 1.5 increase!
    Then this morning I weighed myself and I'm 13' 7'' :confused:

Now I know your going to say you should only weigh yourself once per week - but that increase on tuesday was a real shocker :eek: and it really disheartened me, so i wanted to see what i was this morning.

I weigh myself on a Monday every week as I do WW at home, and as it was a Bank holiday i was away so didn't get the chance...
    It's strange, but the weight this morning has made me feel better, stupid i know!

I need to not focus on the number and just keep following the program and exercise plan I have and i will see the weight come off eventually!

Sorry just needed to rant a little there...

On another note, I never point for diluted orange, I get the no added sugar one - should I point for this drink??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Can someone tell me what Actifry chips are, how many pp and how do u make them!! Please and thank u!! much appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Jwacqui, can you post a link to your blog? I cant see sigs on my work pc. Of course, I don't plan to read it during working hours ;)

Pawprints, I am going to check yours out now.

Bad evening yesterday for me, I had a 2 finger Kitkat when I got in from work and then made some yummy prawns (2pp per 116g for Aldi ones) with stir fry veg, soy sauce and chili. I thought I'd finished for the evening then but by bedtime, I'd had another Kitkat(3pp), a Dairy Milk from the multipack (6pp) and some toast!! I was out of control! I don't keep chocolate in the house but the OH bought stuff at the weekend so that ruined me.

I will be good for the next two days, WI on Friday and take any increase on the chin and hope for a big loss next week. I have a match tonight (weather permitting!) and I am going to (finally after all my talk) start C25K tomorrow evening. I have training friday and I am going to do Wk1 Day 2 & 3 of C25k over the weekend. Week 1 shouldn't be too tough for me as I am not "couch". I have to write these things here as it makes me more accountable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Regarding the diluted orange i believe its 0pp when used sparingly if someone else can clarify!

the actifry chips are chips made in an actifry oven its like a small pressure cooker that oven bakes food using little or no oil think modern deep fat fryer without the unhealthy drenched in oil bit :-) hope that helps they used to be about 250 to buy probably not that expensive anymore!

Just on my way to my body step class day went good and iv been dying to get back to this class so yay :-)

Regarding the diluted orange i believe its 0pp when used sparingly if someone else can clarify!

If its sugar free then yep! I find it great when you want that little sweet taste.

Thanks for all the support guys. I feel much better this morning. I weighed myself this morning to see and it is back to normal so not sure what caused the gain. I am really motivated now for the week ahead. I just had a green smoothie. Does anyone else find when they have extra healthy foods it really motivates them?

Well done granniecaz on your loss.

Lormuz I had a similar situation last night. Like some of the others have said to me, unfortunately we cannot control our bodies. Another poster on here, doctorwhogirl, always says weight loss isn't linear. I think that's what we have to grasp. That's what I have been saying to myself all morning, slow and steady wins the race.

CavanGal - Thanks for reading. :)

Granniecaz - well done on your loss. :)

On the diluted orange question, I never actually count it either. I don't put much in so I count it as water if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Actifry chips are homemade chips as in chopped up potatoes right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

bb86 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what Actifry chips are, how many pp and how do u make them!! Please and thank u!! much appreciated :D

I have an Actifry, it makes chips really quick. Tbh it doesn't work so well with homemade chips - or maybe I just need a better recipe! - you still need to add a bit of oil but probably not as much as you would use in the oven.

I always boil my chips for a few minutes to soften them first before I put them in, I find they cook better that way.

Anyhoo, I'm new to the thread, I did WW years ago and lost three stone, I have put it all back on :( Trying to lose it the last year but I'm going back to WW as its the only thing that has ever worked and I like the feeling of control it gives me. I'm not doing meetings, just doing it myself at home so will need a lot of motivation. :o

I don't know what I weigh, I will be doing a weigh in tomorrow so will post my results then.

bb86 wrote: »

An Actifry is one of these:

16kula9.jpg

They are €169.99, when I bought mine it was €200 and the four in my family put €50 in each and bought it. I took it when I moved in with Loughc as it wasn't being used.
    You peel and chop potatoes as normal and put them into the Actifry. It comes with a spoon where you can measure your oil but I actually use sprayoil for no points and find it is just as good. It sounds like a hairdryer :p it blows hot air onto the food and turns, the chips take 20mins approx. All you need to do is point the potatoes.

This is a weekly staple of mine, homemade chicken burger. The chips on this plate are from the Actifry and 5ppts per portion!

34rc8wh.jpg
    CavanGal wrote: »
    Actifry chips are homemade chips as in chopped up potatoes right?

They sure are! :)
    CavanGal wrote: »
    Jwacqui, can you post a link to your blog? I cant see sigs on my work pc. Of course, I don't plan to read it during working hours ;)

My Blog is: http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie/ :)

Here's my dinner plans for the week! Can't wait and hungry reading it. I make all of our dinners myself, The only things from a packet are the tortilla chips and the rice is Erin Rice :P We don't eat any ready meals and everything is packed with tonnes of veg! :D

254yba1.jpg

I'm off to study for the day! Wish me luck! I have my Psychology and Human Development exam on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

eviltwin wrote: »
    I have an Actifry, it makes chips really quick. Tbh it doesn't work so well with homemade chips - or maybe I just need a better recipe! - you still need to add a bit of oil but probably not as much as you would use in the oven.

I always boil my chips for a few minutes to soften them first before I put them in, I find they cook better that way.

Anyhoo, I'm new to the thread, I did WW years ago and lost three stone, I have put it all back on :( Trying to lose it the last year but I'm going back to WW as its the only thing that has ever worked and I like the feeling of control it gives me. I'm not doing meetings, just doing it myself at home so will need a lot of motivation. :o

I don't know what I weigh, I will be doing a weigh in tomorrow so will post my results then.

Hope you dont mind me asking but i have lost 3.5 stone just 2lbs to get to goal but i am terrified of maintainence and i was just wondering what you think your reasons for putting back on the weight and what you think you should have done different to maintain it, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all... Well I went into my weight in fully expecting to be up 4 lbs and I STS - actually (and I know we're talking in absolute ridiculous terms here) I was down 0.2lb - not much at all, but I am now only 0.3lb from goal... Eeeeeeeeeek. I'm so excited, with a little effort I could be to goal NEXT WEEK!

I am really finding the jogging fantastic for my maintenance, this weekend I had bread and pesto and a 3in1 and a bottle of wine, but keeping up the exercise and good eating most of the time seems to be keeping me straight and narrow.

eviltwin - I second tryagain's request for some advice on maintenance - I'm terrified of going back to where I was and any help that you can give would be very much appreciated.

Well done to those of you who lost this week - after a bank holiday, ye are amazerbeams.

CavanGal - the C25k is great, I just started week 7 (25 minute run, can you believe it) this morning - I find it hard but really enjoyable. One thing I will say (based on advice a sports science colleague gave to me) is to not try to go hell for leather straight away - it's designed to condition and strengthen your running muscles so that you develop stamina and endurance in a measured way. I'd say being fit, you should have no problem with week 1 mind, but just be careful to get your rest days in and let your muscles recover - it's better in the long term, apparently. I could barely managed 1 minute two months ago and I ran over 2 miles this morning - really chuffed and feel great!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I was down........

2 & a half! Yippee.

I think it's what I needed (and here I am shoving Twix bars down my throat!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Down half a pound. Delighted!

Well done everyone! :)

Advertisement