Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'll be keeping an eye out for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

joanas wrote: »
    you can get them in dunnes stores. just saw them there this morning.
    Great, thanks! I will have to go looking:) I have looked in tesco and the Dunnes in Blanchardstown before but have never come across them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

granniecaz wrote: »
    Great, thanks! I will have to go looking:) I have looked in tesco and the Dunnes in Blanchardstown before but have never come across them.

I've seen them in Blanch and Ashbourne. The brand is called Two Chicks. They are kept in the fridge, I think near the milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Hi everyone,

I'm a "lurker" on here. I've been doing WW for four weeks. Down 8lbs so very happy with that, however I have a question!

I started exercising last week - I did 5 (30mins) walks but they were tough going for me as I hadn't exercised in over 4 years. I weighed in last night and I was up .5lb.... Very confused.

Have any of you any words of wisdom for me????? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

People say if you do too much exercise your body muscle gets bigger so you would see a plus on the scales but my leader said you'd have to be doing an extortionate amount for that to be true! Just put aside the exercise and think if there is any other reason you could have been up? I know the first time I went for a spin class I ate all round me when I went home because "my metabolism will burn everything" which obviously wasn't the case! If you done everything right it will definitely show up next week so don't be worrying!

Hth :) xx

• Advertisement

Thx Glitter. I definitely stuck to my points - rigidly in fact as I have a holiday coming up on 25th July and wanted to lose 2 stone by then which works out at 2lb per week. I'm guessing that may not happen now lol but I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good over the weekend I even managed to impress myself lol!

Thx - I'll stick it out!
    x

I love your blog Purple - and what a fab weight loss!
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

chickatees wrote: »
    Thx Glitter. I definitely stuck to my points - rigidly in fact as I have a holiday coming up on 25th July and wanted to lose 2 stone by then which works out at 2lb per week. I'm guessing that may not happen now lol but I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good over the weekend I even managed to impress myself lol!

Thx - I'll stick it out!
    x

Hi Chickatees, exercise always slows down my weight loss. I'm not sure why, possibly to due to water retention or atm my legs are very swollen so it could be that. Most likely in your case it is your body reacting to the sudden increase in exercise as you went from doing nothing to suddenly walking. You will most likely see a loss next as our bodies aren't programmed to work from weigh-in to weigh-in. The most important thing is to not give up the exercise as exercise is necessary for a healthy life. It will also help you tone and lose inches :)

chickatees wrote: »
    I love your blog Purple - and what a fab weight loss!
    x

Aww thank you! You're so kind. :)

I should be doing another entry in the next couple of days, I have a couple of ideas. Don't want to derail the thread.. But I'm thinking of doing a question and answer thing and answer questions about myself as one entry. I would really appreciate if anyone with an idea would PM me.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

On track again today and that is an achievement! Had my psychology exam today and was majorly stressed out. It's been one of those days where everything went wrong.

I picked up Loughc from work and just wanted to get chocolate and bad food! We went and did our weekly shop. Cooked a batch of mince with TONNES of veg! Put in a bowl and topped with mash and cheese, so handy and yummy! Made a double batch. Gonna have the rest with nachos tomorrow night. Will post a picture on my blog of the dinner.

Bought those spiegels people were talking about. Gonna use those as our burger bun for the usual weekend chicken fillet burger! Yum!

Cannot wait for exams to be over!!! So far so good though! Haven't raided the chocolate yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

It has been a tough week for me in work this week. Things are mental and I'm just on the go all the time. Just about managing to stay on track and I think I've chosen a good week to keep the blog food diary - its definitely helping as I know I have to post what I eat lol.

In terms of anyone noticing a gain when they make a change to exercise - its very common for the first week. It can be down to your muscles retaining water or just the shock of such a change on your body. Stick with it and you will see the results!!

TGIF tomorrow - roll on the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Hi guys, I'm doing well and lost 2 pounds this week. Still hung up on this issue of what my goal should be. My leader explained that to get a gold card, I have to be at a BMI of 24, which at my height (5'9) should be 11 stone 8. I said that i would just go back to 12 stone but since that is 5 pounds higher than 11'8, I would be lose the gold card. She agreed that she would try to increase it a few pounds so that I would have a bit more leeway. I won't know til next week what the exact goal now is. This is really on my mind - I have never reached goal and don't want to think that it is unattainable and I know from the posts how difficult the last bit is. I will keep at it - but I also know that I have a lot of social engagements over the next few weeks so I have challenges ahead anyway! Sorry for the rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

arisagain wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm doing well and lost 2 pounds this week. Still hung up on this issue of what my goal should be. My leader explained that to get a gold card, I have to be at a BMI of 24, which at my height (5'9) should be 11 stone 8. I said that i would just go back to 12 stone but since that is 5 pounds higher than 11'8, I would be lose the gold card. She agreed that she would try to increase it a few pounds so that I would have a bit more leeway. I won't know til next week what the exact goal now is. This is really on my mind - I have never reached goal and don't want to think that it is unattainable and I know from the posts how difficult the last bit is. I will keep at it - but I also know that I have a lot of social engagements over the next few weeks so I have challenges ahead anyway! Sorry for the rant!

I was told I could be at gold once my BMI was 25 - My BMI was 24.5 when I hit goal. I would check that again with your leader. From what mine told me you just have to be within healthy range which is below 25.

I have also heard (but not had it confirmed) if you are over 25 but get a doctor to sign that you are healthy for your height/build then you can be at gold above 25 - but again this is just something I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

eviltwin wrote: »
    I've seen them in Blanch and Ashbourne. The brand is called Two Chicks. They are kept in the fridge, I think near the milk.

Thanks eviltwin :) I must have missed them when I looked last time. I will have another look this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

I was told I could be at gold once my BMI was 25 - My BMI was 24.5 when I hit goal. I would check that again with your leader. From what mine told me you just have to be within healthy range which is below 25.

I have also heard (but not had it confirmed) if you are over 25 but get a doctor to sign that you are healthy for your height/build then you can be at gold above 25 - but again this is just something I heard.

Arisagain, iv also heard this so do check it out! you don't want to think of gold being unattainable sure isn't that what we are all striving for! Hope you get to the bottom of it!

Happy Friday is right! Have dinner out later picked my meal online earlier so i am looking forward to it! :) Feeling so in the zone its unreal, guess i have distractions out here than i do at home :)

Hope you all have a lovely ww friendly weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I could have written this.

I'm the go to person in my house for food, I know the value of everything, I have a lot of low fat versions of tradionally bad foods but even with that I couldn't stop myself gaining back 3 stone. I too have depression which coupled with the fact I have always been an emotional eater is a disaster. For me its going to be a struggle just to keep my mood in the right place so I can focus on being healthy, its a battle but I am hoping this time I can finally conquer it.

I too, am suffering with severe anxiety and depression! What are we all like. When things go wrong I end up stuffing my face with crap and feel awful afterwards. Let's hope I can do this like I did before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Did my weigh in today, I'm 13st even. Not that surprised, its actually about 5/6 lighter than the last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago so I'm happy enough with that. I need to be at the very most 10st, I'm only 5ft 1.

So now I know what I need to do I just have to do it, that's the hard part :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Did my weigh in today, I'm 13st even. Not that surprised, its actually about 5/6 lighter than the last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago so I'm happy enough with that. I need to be at the very most 10st, I'm only 5ft 1.

So now I know what I need to do I just have to do it, that's the hard part :D

You are doing great!! I am 5 foot (so small) and so if I got anywhere near 10 stone I would be so happy too!

I am 14 stone 7 and a half at the moment.......eeeeeeeeeeeeek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I am 5.5 and aiming for 10 as that would put me at a BMI of 23. I have been 10 before and was in no way skinny. Just slim. Oh to be there again.

So I STS (I think) today. The clock scales are hard to read and OH wasn't there to read them for me. If I bend over to try to read them, it goes all shaky so I can't see what I am. V annoying.

My OH is away this weekend so I am planning to a T as I am very bad for secret eating and binging when Im bored. My friend wants to go to the laughter lounge on Saturday so I am going to go teetotal as I am broke. I didn't start C25K yesterday as it was raining but also I wanted to apply for new jobs. Tomorrow will be my day. I plan to be very active - run and also clean my apartment. Yes, my weekends are wild!

Cake time in a few minutes. I have allowed myself 10-12pp as it is a fundraiser for some children's charities today so I want to donate. I have cod at home at 2pp with sweet potato for dinner (or just veg depending on the cakes!).

Onwards and downwards!

Just a question for people. My goal weight is 8st 12 but I'm not sure if I want to go that far. Did anyone change their goal weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Almost dreading the weekend. Its when I lose track. This week has been brilliant for me, done 30 day shred every day so have 20 exercise points on top my weeklys.

I wonder has anyone found that the weeks they haven't used weeklys they've lost more or have you noticed. Would love a glass or bottle of wine but need to fit into my wedding dress in august.

my baby is 9 months now and I was 13 10 when she was born. I'm at 12 8 now and at 5 ft 8, Im meant be be at 10 13. I would love to get to 11 3 before the 20th august. Which means if I lose a pound and a half a week I can do it it in 12 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow night. It's BYO (food and alcohol) so I think I'm going to actually just eat something healthy before I go and not bother with the food there. I'm going to bake something to bring along, will have to try not to pick at that :o

I'm actually embarrassed to list on my tracker how much vodka I'll probably drink :/ It's dangerous when you're pouring your own measures! I'm going to bring a shot glass with me so I make sure I'm doing it properly. And I think I won't start drinking for an hour or so after we get there, just so I can pace myself better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I'm actually embarrassed to list on my tracker how much vodka I'll probably drink :/ It's dangerous when you're pouring your own measures! I'm going to bring a shot glass with me so I make sure I'm doing it properly. And I think I won't start drinking for an hour or so after we get there, just so I can pace myself better!

I find it very hard to count vodka too as it goes down so easily. Its a catch 22, if I add loads of D coke to make the drink last longer then its easier to drink so goes down quicker. If I add only a little bit of D coke, its harder to drink but makes me tipsy quicker which is when all control goes out the window and the shots and/or food start! I am not an alco by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Just a question for people. My goal weight is 8st 12 but I'm not sure if I want to go that far. Did anyone change their goal weight?

there is alot of confusion over the goal weight. Im 5ft3' and the goal weight that ww originally set for me was 10st which is a BMI of 25. I think that this is the goal that they have to set for you so that you are considered a healthy weights for your height, i did lower mine just so i would have a few pounds to play around with if i put on a few i wouldn't all of a sudden be considered overweight wise by the BMI chart.
    Im not really sure what happens if the goal you want is above 25 on the BMI chart, What would you be on the BMI chart at 8st 12.
    Anybody know???

In other news i was down 1.5 lbs yesterday and chuffed with myself so this means i have just half a lb to get to goal so hopefully this time next week ill be there. :D
    Hoping to behave over the weekend fingers crossed
    Have a lovely ww friendly weekend everyone
    onwards and downwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

CavanGal wrote: »
    I find it very hard to count vodka too as it goes down so easily. Its a catch 22, if I add loads of D coke to make the drink last longer then its easier to drink so goes down quicker. If I add only a little bit of D coke, its harder to drink but makes me tipsy quicker which is when all control goes out the window and the shots and/or food start! I am not an alco by the way!

Haha either am I!

Further disaster...just checked and the BBQ is starting at 5 :eek: I thought it was going to be 7 or 8. Definitely not drinking for the first few hours anyway. I'll have to eat there though, so I'll probably just bring some chicken to do on the BBQ and try not to pick too much at any bad stuff!

there is alot of confusion over the goal weight. Im 5ft3' and the goal weight that ww originally set for me was 10st which is a BMI of 25. I think that this is the goal that they have to set for you so that you are considered a healthy weights for your height, i did lower mine just so i would have a few pounds to play around with if i put on a few i wouldn't all of a sudden be considered overweight wise by the BMI chart.
    Im not really sure what happens if the goal you want is above 25 on the BMI chart, What would you be on the BMI chart at 8st 12.
    Anybody know???

My BMI would be 25 - I'm 4ft 11 and my goal is 8st 12. I'll keep going and see how I feel but I'm thinking at the moment that I might look too thin at that weight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha either am I!

Further disaster...just checked and the BBQ is starting at 5 :eek: I thought it was going to be 7 or 8. Definitely not drinking for the first few hours anyway. I'll have to eat there though, so I'll probably just bring some chicken to do on the BBQ and try not to pick too much at any bad stuff!

Just show up fashionably late, you won't be the only one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Hi everyone, I totally agree about the vodkas!! Which is why I normally just write off my 49 every Sunday morning and start again! I was down half a lb this week and I'm delighted, every little counts ;). I was planning on making this the first week when I FINALLY actually track at the weekend rather than write of my 49 but I'm meant to be going to a confirmation tonight which means il do what I always do. I was just not going to go and be good but then il feel like I'm depriving myself and not having a life. Dunno what to do :(. Help!!!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Hi Chickatees, exercise always slows down my weight loss. I'm not sure why, possibly to due to water retention or atm my legs are very swollen so it could be that. Most likely in your case it is your body reacting to the sudden increase in exercise as you went from doing nothing to suddenly walking. You will most likely see a loss next as our bodies aren't programmed to work from weigh-in to weigh-in. The most important thing is to not give up the exercise as exercise is necessary for a healthy life. It will also help you tone and lose inches :)

Thx so much Eabhabear - you are always so inspiring on here x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Had yummy nachos for dinner! Posted a picture up on my blog, and they look yummy! I even drooled a little bit even though I'd just eaten then!

Have a bad feeling about weigh in, even though I've been good and have been on track! :-/

Advertisement