Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Had yummy nachos for dinner! Posted a picture up on my blog, and they look yummy! I even drooled a little bit even though I'd just eaten then!

Have a bad feeling about weigh in, even though I've been good and have been on track! :-/

Just followed your blog :) Hope you don't think I'm being stalkerish but I'm going to look at some of your YouTube videos as well :)

And those nachos look nyom! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd a really good dinner of pasta with a chorizo and pasta sauce. It's something I eat anyway so was glad to see chorizo isn't as high in PPs as I thought...it's one of my favourite things to eat! So just had smaller servings of pasta and chorizo and extra veg. It was yum.

But then I started baking for tomorrow. Making caramel squares, and I kept having to taste the caramel to test it. Probably way more than I actually needed to :pac: Checked the guide for caramel but it's not in it :o At least I bought exactly the amount of chocolate I need so won't be eating leftover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just followed your blog :) Hope you don't think I'm being stalkerish but I'm going to look at some of your YouTube videos as well :)

Not stalkerish at all! Thanks for following! They were delicious!! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Her videos were one of the biggest things that kept me going when I was getting to goal! So inspiring, motivating and full of tips and hints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Not stalkerish at all! Thanks for following! They were delicious!! :-D

If its allowable in the thread could u post a link to your blog? Love your recipies and your outlook!

I can't see signatures as I'm on an iPhone :D

• Advertisement

If its allowable in the thread could u post a link to your blog? Love your recipies and your outlook!

I can't see signatures as I'm on an iPhone :D

http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie/

There ya go :-D thanks for the lovely comment x

Her videos were one of the biggest things that kept me going when I was getting to goal! So inspiring, motivating and full of tips and hints!

Thanks so much Hun! Now you're my inspiration! You look amazing, and you motivate me! You look like a different woman x

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie/

There ya go :-D thanks for the lovely comment x

Thanks for that jwacqui! I must check it out too :)

Had my dinner out last nite all 18pp of it.. and to be honest felt rubbish afterwards.. So rest of my weekend will be home cooking.. Least that way ill get value for my pp..

Can't remember who said they have a barbecue.. but bring nice big salad with your chicken it mite keep u from picking at other niceties ;) and don't forget to enjoy yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks so much Hun! Now you're my inspiration! You look amazing, and you motivate me! You look like a different woman x

You both are my inspirations :D Doctorwhogirl you did so well to get to goal and your photos are incredible! Jwacqui since you've come back I've loved your positivity and its definitely helped me stay on track.

I stepped on my scales this morning and finally there seems to be some movement again so I'm looking forward now to my WI on Wednesday. Also seeing the loss has helped me stay on track today and hopefully tomorrow. I just had this gorgeous dinner for 13 points; homemade steak sandwich with roasted veg, absolutely delicious.

Also a few people mentioned on here about the purple snack bars. I got them yesterday to have as an evening snack after my dinner. I just checked the points there, one is 3 points BUT 2 are 7 points. You have to be careful when eating more than one of something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

I hope all your weekends are going well so far! I had a good day today. Was at an all day conference with free lunch (curry - it smelled yum!), but I brought my lunch with me and walked straight past the canteen out to my car and ate my lunch there! I'm so focused food wise at the moment. Not sure what's different this time, but hope it lasts and the weight loss speeds up lol!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone x

• Advertisement

chickatees wrote: »
    I hope all your weekends are going well so far! I had a good day today. Was at an all day conference with free lunch (curry - it smelled yum!), but I brought my lunch with me and walked straight past the canteen out to my car and ate my lunch there! I'm so focused food wise at the moment. Not sure what's different this time, but hope it lasts and the weight loss speeds up lol!!

Hope you are all doing well!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone x

Well done Chickatees staying on track like that great idea and discreet too good for you i hope you see the loss you want come weigh in!

Well i had to have lunch out again yday, i chose a caesar salad wit dressing on the side and it turned out to be a whooping 19pp! I had the points but shocking how you would think a salad would be less but the cheese didn't help i guess! Used about half my weeklies did four gym classes and one walk and haven't been too bold so really hoping i can get my 5%% tomorrow!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

This is my first weekend on WW and I've been so nervous, weekends are always harder for me to be healthy, too much time and lots of temptation usually mean I eat way too much.

I kept my 49 pts for fri and sat, I did a good bit of exercise and had earned an extra 11 pts. And I looked at ways of making my meals lower in points. I've been able to have a really nice weekend including drinks! and I still have my 11 points left over :)

Hope everyone has a good week, best of luck to those of you heading for goal this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Jacqui,
    Could I trouble you for the nacho recipe please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DMC weight watcher

2nd week on WW as of today. Didnt get ANY spare time to exercise this week, which really dissappointed me. Also used up my 49 points in 3 days as we went for a steak dinner on Monday and then I was bad on Tues and Wed but by Thursday i was back on track and having no more cheating! Im doing this at home myself. Weighed myself today - from my bad days earlier this week I had gained 2 pound but it had dissappeared on the scales this morning as I had stuck to plan since Thursday, so i was happy with that :) the down side is that essentially i didnt make a loss this week as i am now the same weight as i was this day last week. But today i will be out for a walk and also a swim this evening so i hope that encourages me for this week which is less busy and i will hopefully have time for exercise!!! onwards and upwards :) happy sunday everyone - loving the blogs and youtube vids btw :)

javagal wrote: »
    Jacqui,
    Could I trouble you for the nacho recipe please?

It's very simple. I used 125g of tesco lean mince for 3ppts per person. Fried this up with no oil and added passata, chilli, paprika, garlic and any other herbs of your choice.
    Then in spray light fried onions, mushrooms, red pepper, grated carrot and courgette. Added them to the mix.
    I used two bags of cool Doritos from multipack at 4 ppts per pack, I had them at home. You could try find a lower point alternative.
    I then layered one pack, mince and grated cheese and repeated. You can then add sour cream or extra light mayo on top. The extra light mayo sounds odd but it's actually yummy!
    So altogether 14ppts each including cheese. :-)

It's very simple. I used 125g of tesco lean mince for 3ppts per person. Fried this up with no oil and added passata, chilli, paprika, garlic and any other herbs of your choice.
    Then in spray light fried onions, mushrooms, red pepper, grated carrot and courgette. Added them to the mix.
    I used two bags of cool Doritos from multipack at 4 ppts per pack, I had them at home. You could try find a lower point alternative.
    I then layered one pack, mince and grated cheese and repeated. You can then add sour cream or extra light mayo on top. The extra light mayo sounds odd but it's actually yummy!

Sounds awesome. Totally having that for dinner!
    I always add some garlic salt and a tiny bit of parsley to my extra light mayo for nommy garlic mayo.

Had a sneaky look at the scales. heading in the right direction!

Those nachos sound soooo good! I'm gonna write that recipe down :)

Going to make myself an omelette for supper later. Will try the one one the WW website. Really excited because I really want to try new recipes for lunches/suppers. :D

Might do a blog entry with a photo :p

This sounds yummy. I'm definitely going to have this for my Friday night treat dinner next week. Also courgette can be by new veg for the week! Just a word of caution to anyone using Doritos nachos, the multipack are 30g which are 4 points but the individual bags you buy in the shop are 40g which are 6 points.

I'm going to have some gorgeous homemade colcannon mash and bacon for my lunch now which I'm really looking forward to and is only 7 points.

Shellybelly regarding the caeser salad, that's what I generally opt for when I go out. I always ask for it without the croutons to make it lower in points. You could also ask for the cheese on the side so that you can only put a tiny amount on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Sounds awesome. Just a quick question on the mince though. The book has extra lean mince at 6pp for 125g. Is this recipe for 2 or 125g per person?

Sounds awesome. Just a quick question on the mince though. The book has extra lean mince at 6pp for 125g. Is this recipe for 2 or 125g per person?

I just calculated it using the nutritional value from Tesco and it works out as 4 points for 125g.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    This sounds yummy. I'm definitely going to have this for my Friday night treat dinner next week. Also courgette can be by new veg for the week! Just a word of caution to anyone using Doritos nachos, the multipack are 30g which are 4 points but the individual bags you buy in the shop are 40g which are 6 points.

I'm going to have some gorgeous homemade colcannon mash and bacon for my lunch now which I'm really looking forward to and is only 7 points.

Shellybelly regarding the caeser salad, that's what I generally opt for when I go out. I always ask for it without the croutons to make it lower in points. You could also ask for the cheese on the side so that you can only put a tiny amount on yourself.

Thanks for that! I will defo be doing that next time 19pp for a salad just seems mental! Least i had the points to cover me guess that's the great thing about ww :)

Its 125g per person. I work it out as 3pp per 125g. The book must just use generic values. I have attached a picture.
    I just calculated it using the nutritional value from Tesco and it works out as 4 points for 125g.

The nutritional value I have is different. I use the reduced fat one. According to my WW calculator its 3ppts

347jq5k.jpg

Ok i know this is probably a stupid question seen as im a long term ww but when i put eggs into my ww app on the tracker they don't multiply up to be 5 it always says 4??? I am right in saying two eggs are 5pp yeah?

Jwacqui my apologies, I think mine is another Tesco lean mince. I think there's a few different ones. I agree with you on the book. I never use the book unless I really have to. How they calculate the book values is they take the average nutritional info of a few different brands. You're better calculating everything yourself from the packaging.
    Ok i know this is probably a stupid question seen as im a long term ww but when i put eggs into my ww app on the tracker they don't multiply up to be 5 it always says 4??? I am right in saying two eggs are 5pp yeah?

I calculate it as 5pps for the brand I use. Like above, I think you should calculate your own brand from the packaging and if that says 4 for 2 then its 4. If you want to post the nutritional info on here, I can double check it for you?

Definitely agree with you. I never use the book and always point from the packaging! :D

The lovely Loughc just made me an incredible berry smoothie for 3 ppts!
    200ml Orange Juice (2)
    100ml Apple Juice (1)
    1 Banana
    Handful mixed frozen berries & 5 strawberries
    2 Ice Cubes

Delicious!! :D

53rb79.jpg

That looks delicious! :D

I think I should be doing a blog entry later on after I see how my omelette turns out. Few other things going around in my head too. :)

had the nachos with 150g quorn(3pp) and 50g of dubliner light cheese(3pp)

so mine was 14pp too.

so yummy and filling

I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this but I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get a loss this week.. :o

I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this but I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get a loss this week.. :o

Me too!! My scales are showing a nice little loss which would see me reach my weekly target but Wednesday is still a good bit away :( I'm looking forward to reading your blog later. I must do one myself.

• Advertisement

Me too!! My scales are showing a nice little loss which would see me reach my weekly target but Wednesday is still a good bit away :( I'm looking forward to reading your blog later. I must do one myself.

I'm scared to look at my own scales tbh. And it's a little bit wonky so I'll hold off til weigh-in! :o Fingers crossed the omelette doesn't go wrong. I think I might do a blog entry anyway actually. Have some random thoughts going around in my head. :)

Advertisement