Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Today was going great - was perfectly on track and it was all ruined when I walked into my apartment this evening and randomly ate for no reason. Don't think I went over my weeklies but a little disappointed. I was kind of hoping to have a perfect week logged on my food diary blog challenge - but its a bit more of a real reflection of the stuggles of the weekend now! I've tracked publicly now for nearly a full week - was a great challenge and I think I do one post a week on this theme!

Can't believe its sunday already! This weekend went so fast it almost didn't exist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm on track this week but just have a bad feeling that I'm gonna have a gain. Had a sneaky peak at the scales and looks like I'm up.
    Keeping on track and I'm just praying even for a stay the same. I haven't done anything different this week and have tracked everything as usual.

Made the usual weekend chicken burger with a spiegal instead of a bun and it was even more amazing than usual. I'll post an picture on my blog later!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I'm on track this week but just have a bad feeling that I'm gonna have a gain. Had a sneaky peak at the scales and looks like I'm up.
    Keeping on track and I'm just praying even for a stay the same. I haven't done anything different this week and have tracked everything as usual.

Made the usual weekend chicken burger with a spiegal instead of a bun and it was even more amazing than usual. I'll post an picture on my blog later!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Its probably just the stress of exams. Once your exams are over the scales will probably reflect all your hard work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

New blog entry up if anyone wants to have a read :)

Made some changes to my font as well and I think it looks all pretty :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Its probably just the stress of exams. Once your exams are over the scales will probably reflect all your hard work :)

I hope so! Two more weeks! Roll on the 28th. Still feeling in positive spirits though! How are you getting on?

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I hope so! Two more weeks! Roll on the 28th. Still feeling in positive spirits though! How are you getting on?

You've done really well so far so even if you are up this week, you're overall tally is still really good. I'm doing really well. I've been perfect every day except for Friday but I don't seem to have done too much damage. My scales are showing me down so hopefully come Wednesday I'll see a loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Jwacqui my apologies, I think mine is another Tesco lean mince. I think there's a few different ones. I agree with you on the book. I never use the book unless I really have to. How they calculate the book values is they take the average nutritional info of a few different brands. You're better calculating everything yourself from the packaging.

I calculate it as 5pps for the brand I use. Like above, I think you should calculate your own brand from the packaging and if that says 4 for 2 then its 4. If you want to post the nutritional info on here, I can double check it for you?

Thanks for that! iv started to weigh my eggs to get an accurate reading and i think its 5pp for 130g!

God i also dunno how you guys weigh yourselves mid week my head would be spinning tryin to keep up wit it an not let it affect my mood! :-) Once a week does me even at that its a push :-)

Happy Monday to you all, think ill go back to my normal class tonight hopefully the scales won't be affected too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dandyp

New blog entry up if anyone wants to have a read :)

Made some changes to my font as well and I think it looks all pretty :)

Hi there! Would you mind posting a link to your blog?!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

Have my weigh in again this evening. I had a sneak peek this morning and it looks like I'm down and my clothes definitely seem looser but I'm still not feeling that optimistic! Had a good enough weekend. We had a charity breakfast at work friday. Ate all around me! Scone, 2 sausage rolls, bacon, pudding! But was so full & thirsty after that I wasnt hungry the rest of the day, so only had fruit for dinner so hopefully that repaired some damage. Went for dinner sat night, but wrote off my weeklies for that, so fingers crossed, think I stayed on track.

I hope everyone does well with they're weigh in's this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

I had a crap weekend........No point counting no healthy eating I even forgot to bring my fruit with me to work today!!

Oh well, it looks like I am bringing the negativity to the board....whoops......

I dunno why I go to Weight Watchers every week....I am up a pound, or down a pound every week....

Not feeling that great at the moment, I am doing a lot of comfort eating!

Loads going on at home, and I just have had enough.

I REALLY want to lose weight though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a crap weekend........No point counting no healthy eating I even forgot to bring my fruit with me to work today!!

Oh well, it looks like I am bringing the negativity to the board....whoops......

I dunno why I go to Weight Watchers every week....I am up a pound, or down a pound every week....

Not feeling that great at the moment, I am doing a lot of comfort eating!

Loads going on at home, and I just have had enough.

I REALLY want to lose weight though.

I was like you the last time I did ww, I wasn't mentally in the right place for it. I yo yoed up half down 1 for weeks. Like you I *wanted* to lose but I just didn't have the motivation to actually do what needed to be done for that to happen.
    It was horrible, going in every week, HOPING for the best but knowing that hope wasn't going to make me lose weight.
    I left, I wish I had talked with my leader instead, so she could've helped me. That was 4 years ago, and I wish I'd stuck with it then and not had to sign up again, even heavier this time.

Maybe talk things out with your leader and she can help you? :)

Weigh in again for me this eve after a short week, last weigh in was last wed.

Good luck for the week everyone!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Morning all. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I had that BBQ on Saturday, it was meant to start at 5 but they changed the time to 7 so that was better. I had some fruit for breakfast but I was so busy all day that I didn't get a "proper" breakfast until about 3.30 (so lunch by then I guess!) and had scrambled eggs on toast. However my weeklies definitely went out the window at the BBQ, I actually didn't even bother pointing what I was eating and drinking...great start eh? :rolleyes: Ah well, I had a good time! I was back on track yesterday, despite the hangover. My boyfriend and I usually have a couple of beers or share a bottle of wine on a Sunday night but I managed to say no, even though he got some beers. We went out for lunch yesterday and I got a salad, although it did have potatoes and chorizo in it so not exactly low in points but I all I had to eat for the rest of the day was a fruit salad, oh and one of those 50cal bottles of Lucozade with orange and acai...so good for hangovers!

I didn't prepare any lunch today so I bought myself a hoisin duck wrap from Cafe Sol. It doesn't have nutritional info so checked the Tesco one online (they both have the exact same ingredients) and it's 11PP. Pretty high but I only had a yoghurt for breakfast (2PP) so I can afford to have a higher PP lunch.

I saw a few people talking about weighing themselves during the week. This is my first time doing WW and not living at home, and I don't have a scales in my apartment. I used to be obsessed with the scales, checking it every day, sometimes more than once a day (like after eating or after going to the toilet!) so I think it's better for me not having one. Also, if I stepped on the scales the morning of my meeting and it wasn't looking like I'd lost any weight, a lot of the time I wouldn't bother going to the meeting.

So anyway I've 2 and a half days to redeem myself before my WI on Wednesday evening. Have my meals planned and going to go for a swim tonight and a cycle tomorrow night, so here's hoping my bad Saturday can be worked off!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all - like some of you, I also had a challenging weekend! It was extremely busy and I was really eating on the run - it's so hard to keep track when everything is eating out for two days. Anyways, back on track this morning and for the week. I had a very fractious nights sleep too, I kept waking up worrying about today and tomorrow in work (pointless, what can you do at three in the morning?), so I didn't get up for my run and will go tonight instead. I love to jog in the mornings, as I feel great for the day and also, it's out of the way then! I'm checking in here so that the guilt will get me out pounding the pavement.

I've also signed up for a 10k on June 9th. I'll only be starting my 10k training plan by then, but I wanted to do something. It's a Pink Ribbon walk/run and there's a team going from work. I think my goal will be to jog at least 6k, and then walk the remaining 4k. I know that it's a hilly route and I'm not great jogging up hills, but I wanted to have something to aim for, and I feel that the atmosphere on the day will help to get me through!

On those who weigh mid-week - for me it's like spying on my ex on facebook. I know I shouldn't, I know it achieves nothings, I know that it only upsets me and I know that I'm much better off to just stay away. But I still have a sneaky peek sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

My weekend wasn't too bad. I actually pointed both Saturday and Sunday and stayed on track until my late snack Saturday after being out (I drank in the end as I had my weeklies) and yesterday my friends turned up with chocolate which in my weakened hungover state I was unable to resist. I think I am ok between weeklies and activity points. Anyway it is a MASSIVE step for me to point my weekends properly as it is something I haven't done since I started WW as I usually just write off my weeklies instead. I found Ballyfree Turkey Rashers to be a lifesaver for me over the weekend as I love a treat for my breakfast at the weekend and they are 2 for 1pp. They are yummy and so thick with none of the yucky fat that pork rashers have. So I have them with 2slices of toasted Dunnes Better for you bread at 3pp and tea. A yummy brekkie for 4pp. I BNS and gnocchi for my dinner Saturday and it was so yum. I made a yummy spag bol yesterday but didnt have any spag myself and just loaded up on the veg.

Eabhabear, are 2 purple snacks only 4pp?? Or was that a typo? Oh could you imagine if 2 were only 4pp!!

Life works in mysterious ways, I got an email in work earlier to say a walk to 5km course is starting at lunchtime tomorrow! Finally, I can do the couch to 5k as I keep talking and not doing. It suits me so well on a Tuesday too as I have football Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings so I can do the run at lunch and still have my evening off to relax and catch up with life. Goal here I come! ;)

EDIT: 2 purple snacks = 7pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I'm back from holidays & back on track! Which is good because I didn't think of a PP or the scales for the past 10 days. I did a home WI this morning and was up 4lb but I expected that. There was a few times over the week that I was so full from food and drink that I felt awful so I'm happy to get rid of that feeling!

I got shopping done, made soup & ww lasagne yesterday for the week ahead so I'm feeling confident!!!

I know I should to go to WI tomorrow but thinking I might skip and go running instead as I am focused in my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Good to see not too much damage was done over the weekend! I had my weigh in tonight and lost 500g.. Got my 5% so a total of 4.8kg in four weeks! Delighted aiming for 600g next week..

We can do this :-)

Cavangal my apologies. That was a typo. As you said it is 7 points for 2!

Shellybelly well done on your loss. Great start to the week :)

Regarding weighing yourself during the week, I would love if I could put my scales away but unfortunately I am not the only one that uses them. I find digital scales are very volatile to being moved around a lot so they have to stay in the same place. In saying that this weekend, taking a sneak peek is what helped me stay on track this weekend. When I saw I was down, it really motivated me and when I looked again this morning, I'm down again. Now Wednesday is still a bit away so I'm being cautious. Of course it can have the opposite effect, if the scales showed a gain it would be very easy to give up. I think it is a personal decision. I know I prefer to know what to expect at my WI and not to have a surprise. Also if you are taking a sneak peek, make sure your scales are in line with your meeting scales. Every few weeks, I check my home scales by weighing myself as soon as I get home from my WI. Digital scales can be a bit temperamental so you should check them every so often.

I made a gorgeous fruit juice this morning. I will post the recipe on my blog in a bit. I am really loving trying new fruit and veg. By setting that challenge, it really has helped me stay on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Propoints for popcorn

Does anyone know how to calculate it? I make my own at home with a spoon of olive oil. Do I take the value from the unpopped kernals or the finished product?

eviltwin wrote: »
    Propoints for popcorn

Does anyone know how to calculate it? I make my own at home with a spoon of olive oil. Do I take the value from the unpopped kernals or the finished product?

Mmmm that is a tough one. Is it the microwave popcorn in the bags or is it actually popcorn kernels? If its the microwave popcorn, then just point it for the bag. The Kelkin natural ones are 14 points per bag. If its kernels, I would weigh out the unpopped kernels and point that way. Then obviously the olive oil is 4 points per tablespoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Mmmm that is a tough one. Is it the microwave popcorn in the bags or is it actually popcorn kernels? If its the microwave popcorn, then just point it for the bag. The Kelkin natural ones are 14 points per bag. If its kernels, I would weigh out the unpopped kernels and point that way. Then obviously the olive oil is 4 points per tablespoon.

I thought all oil was 1pp per tablespoon??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lormuz wrote: »
    I thought all oil was 1pp per tablespoon??

It's 1pp per teaspoon, but 3pp for 2 teaspoons.

I'm after checking some olive oils, vegetable oils and sunflower oils. All have a fat content of around 90-100g for 100ml. Which means for a tablespoon (15ml) it is 4pps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hola
    I have been on a bit of a hiatus as had exams and then got a nasty cold once they were coming to an end (Stress apparently). Anyway, I have 3 weeks to my Croatia hols and WI tomorrow to assess any damage although feel like I've stayed about the same as no appetite last week when I was sick. My chest is still a bit weak to get out on the bike but hopefully this weekend I can get out for a good spin. I only had about half a pound to go to get to 10% lost so fingers crossed I'm still near there. Glad to see everyone is still doing well. Onwards and Downwards this week folks.

Dandyp - here's the link to my blog: http://janeswwjourney2013.blogspot.ie/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Haven't really been posting much, but I'm hanging in there. I've been upping my exercise, and trying to get a handle on healthier eating. I'm giving the pp a miss for a little while, til I get my act together.
    Just did week 3, day 1 of the c25k... It was tough, but I loved it! It's the first open air run I've done- ive always been on the treadmill otherwise!
    Good luck for the coming week everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Can I ask what are your routines for dinner the night before weigh in? Do you have a lighter dinner? What about the day of your weigh in? I weigh in at 5.30pm so I tend to have my normal breakfast (cereal) and lunch (ryvita, cheese, tomatoes). Do any of you change your eating routines in advance of your weigh in? Just curious if people change their food?

Thx!
    Chickatees

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I weigh in first thing in the morning and generally have my breakfast afterwards. I normally have a black coffee beforehand or maybe one Ryvita or a Babybel light to nibble on =-). I'm generally not an advocate for the no eating thing (gots to eat little and often me), but weigh in morning, it's different. To be honest, I think just having a routine before you weigh in is all that matters. If I suddenly started to have a huge breakfast every week before I weighed in, the first week I'd be up, but if I kept the same routine, the losses would still show every week (if that makes sense).

Ugh, I had some frustrating work news - I've a submission tomorrow which I thought was 6pm, but turns out it's Japan-time and I'm going to be up all night for a 9am submission... It's TOTM, I'm here in the kitchen and there's a shiny new packet of kitkats in the press - only 3pp a pop but I feel with the length of the night, they could take quite a beating.

Strength, give me strength.

My weigh in is at 7pm and I get home about 4.30 and have my dinner then. I always wear the same clothes and pee before I leave the house though. :o

I'm really nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I really hope I've lost but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Thing is, I've had a good week and I got lots of exercise. I'm always really unsure the night before and the day of weigh in but moreso this week because I'm so close to my second stone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Weigh in tomorrow for me too and I've a feeling it's not going to be good. I've been within my points every day and haven't touched my weeklies but I'm feeling heavier and a sneaky look at my scales shows a 1lb gain.

If it is a gain I will keep going head up as I'm proud of all the hard work I'm putting into this and all the temptation I've avoided!

Fingers crossed around 6pm tomorrow please :P

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Weigh in tomorrow for me too and I've a feeling it's not going to be good. I've been within my points every day and haven't touched my weeklies but I'm feeling heavier and a sneaky look at my scales shows a 1lb gain.

If it is a gain I will keep going head up as I'm proud of all the hard work I'm putting into this and all the temptation I've avoided!

Fingers crossed around 6pm tomorrow please :P

Same here! I think my stress and bad luck this week has rubbed off on you! :o
    Really not feeling positive for tomorrow at all! Just want it over at this point! :(

Advertisement