Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

It's a marathon not a sprint guys - if you've been careful all week but you don't get what you're expecting, be sure that it will show next week. When I was losing regularly (as opposed to the snails pace to goal) - I frequently had a crap week and then an amazing week, despite following the programme very carefully both weeks! Once I realised this, I was less worried when I STS or lost half a pound, knowing that it would come good the next week. Now, everyone is different and loses in a different pattern, but that was my experience.

In other news, I've eaten three apples since ten o clock to keep me away from the Kitkats - this does not bode well for my tummy :o(.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Hi all, hope your having a good week so far! I seem someone said they made ww lasange, could I get the recipe from you? I LOVE lasange but iv stayed away from it, thought the points would be super high! (Aswell as the garlic bread and chips that go with it lol) Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I don't really change any of my eating habits on weigh in day. I weigh in around 5.30pm too, and I always eat my usual lunch. although I do cut back on how much water I drink that day. Got my first silver 7 last night :) Lost 3lbs this week, so that's 7&half lbs in 3weeks. I never expected that when I rejoined. I really think the difference this time from all the other times I tried WW is this thread! It's really keeping me on the straight and narrow and keeping me motivated. So thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 3 1/4 lbs!!
    Yippee!!
    That includes the 1/1/2 i put up last week, but it all counts....
    and i just realised this week that i haven't been pointing my olive oil properly, so when i thought i was within my points i was probably a bit over them....

anyhoo, back to eating healthy and exercise, and lots of water!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning y'all

So I drank myself silly at the weekend (the wine was on sale in Tesco, so why not?!)

granniecaz well done!! That's a super loss, congrats on your silver 7!!

Re the weigh in routine, I WI in the evening, so I drink LOADS of water on the day, but stop about 2 hours before WI. I do try to eat lighter as such and avoid "heavy" foods (pasta bread etc.), normal breakfast and then a light lunch & dinner after.

I'm struggling big time at the moment, I have absolutely no discipline. Any thoughts? My phone goes off every so often with an alarm to keep my focused but it really isn't working.Take yesterday for example, I said I'd try really hard yet still ended up buying a purple snack and a packet of Wine Gums. :mad:

My leader touched on a point last week about people running how she sees so many of her members out and about running, thinking they'll lose the weight. When in actual fact they're no watching their food because they're "running" and deserve to eat more/ not watch their food.
    I defo fall into this category but saw this a while ago & thought it was v good...

do-not-reward-yourself-with-food-youre-not-a-dog.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Glitter13 wrote: »
    Hi all, hope your having a good week so far! I seem someone said they made ww lasange, could I get the recipe from you? I LOVE lasange but iv stayed away from it, thought the points would be super high! (Aswell as the garlic bread and chips that go with it lol) Thanks :)

I made a video for WW last year. They sent me their cool book to make some videos from. Here it is. Hope it help! I must make it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

My leader touched on a point last week about people running how she sees so many of her members out and about running, thinking they'll lose the weight. When in actual fact they're no watching their food because they're "running" and deserve to eat more/ not watch their food.
    I defo fall into this category but saw this a while ago & thought it was v good...

Oh my god this is me!!! :eek: I've being doing a lot of running in the last few months, did 2 10km runs in the past 3 wks and running about 2/3 nights a wk then and I have to admit I'm eating all around me and have been very bad pointing stuff! I feel like ah sure I'll work it off while running or I'm entitled to it after my hard work but sure I'm only undoing my hard work if anything!! :rolleyes: My weight has been a STS for the past month and a half, while I've taken a break from the PP and upped the exercise I'm still trying to be somewhat conscious of what I'm eating! and PP-ing has become a habit now I am automatically doing it even if I'm not tracking I tend to keep a tally and work out what I'm eating anyway!
    I'm off on hols at the wkend for 2 wks, :pac: it's an all inclusive cruise, dreading the food that's going to put in front of me and my lack of self-control but I kindof think this is my one holiday all yr and it's a special one so I'm going to enjoy it and not worry too much!! Going to use the stairs instead of the lifts and there will be a lot of walking so I'm hoping to limit some of the damage!! And I promise myself to get back on track the minute my plane touches down!! :cool:
    I still have 2 stone to go to goal and determined to get there! Going to go back to PP after hols and get back on track! Slow and steady and I'll get there!
    Best of luck to all weighing in this wk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Here is the ww lasagne from www.weightwatchers.ie

Serves: 4
    Propoints: 12 per serving

(I got 6 portions out of this...I used 400g mince, added onions, peppers & courgettes. I also used a tin of tomatoes, paasta sauce and lots of garlic instead of the jar of sauce).
    Ingredients
    • 40g (1 ½ oz) low fat spread
    • 40g (1 ½ oz) plain flour
    • 450ml (16 fl oz) skimmed milk
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 250g (9 oz) extra lean beef mince
    • 200g chopped mushrooms
    • 500g jar of light Bolognese sauce
    • 6 sheets no precook dried lasagne
    • 125g pack reduced fat mozzarella cheese, diced
    • 15g (½ oz) freshly grated parmesan cheese
        Instructions

1. Brown the mince, then add the mushrooms and jar of Bolognese sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
        2. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/ 180?C/ fan oven 160?C. To make a white sauce, place the low fat spread, flour, skimmed milk and a bay leaf in a non stick saucepan. Cook over a medium-high heat, stirring all the time to avoid lumps, until the sauce comes to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then remove the bay leaf.
        3. Spread a quarter of the white sauce over the base of an 18cm (7 inch) square baking dish. Add a third each of the Bolognese and the mozzarella and top with two sheets of lasagne.
        4. Repeat to make two more sets of layers of Bolognese, mozzarella and lasagne. Pour the rest of the white sauce evenly over the lasagne and scatter the parmesan cheese on top.
        5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the top of the lasagne is golden brown and crisp at the edges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Doing my first run at lunchtime. Feeling nervous. Eek! On the upside, we did some intermittant sprinting and jogging at football yesterday and I was able to keep up with the others and finish the course. A few people at football thought I was mad to do Couch to 5k as its "only" 3.5miles and sure, wouldn't I be well fit for that?! I really despise running and I don't think I could run 1 mile! Ill check in later with an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

granniecaz wrote: »
        I don't really change any of my eating habits on weigh in day. I weigh in around 5.30pm too, and I always eat my usual lunch. although I do cut back on how much water I drink that day. Got my first silver 7 last night :) Lost 3lbs this week, so that's 7&half lbs in 3weeks. I never expected that when I rejoined. I really think the difference this time from all the other times I tried WW is this thread! It's really keeping me on the straight and narrow and keeping me motivated. So thanks everyone :)

Well done on your loss, that's fantastic!
        Jwacqui wrote: »
        I made a video for WW last year. They sent me their cool book to make some videos from. Here it is. Hope it help! I must make it soon!

I've been thinking about getting that book actually. Is it worth it? I don't do much cooking but I would like to start with some easy things. :)

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone..

Had a large skinny cappucino this morning.. The oz app doesn't point them.. I know iv to just point the milk.. He used roughly a cup of milk.. Low fat milk.. it said..? I also can't find that in my bloody app.. I feel like such a pp twat :) Please can someone help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Speaking of apps, what one would people recommend? My leader said last week that people were having some discrepancies with some of the apps, where things were being pointed incorrectly, so we should just stick to the website, but loading the desktop version of the website on your phone can be pretty slow. I downloaded a free one called WWCalculator. It's basically just a calculator, not a tracker, but you can add foods to a list.

Jwacqui and Natmus, thank for that, il defo be trying them out sometime this week :) can't wait, love lasagne!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Jwacqui and Natmus, thank for that, il defo be trying them out sometime this week :) can't wait, love lasagne!

I second that! so excited about making the lasagne :-)

Found the nutritional values for the milk used in my coffee all pp sorted..Relief!

Ill sleep tonight :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Speaking of apps, what one would people recommend? My leader said last week that people were having some discrepancies with some of the apps, where things were being pointed incorrectly, so we should just stick to the website, but loading the desktop version of the website on your phone can be pretty slow. I downloaded a free one called WWCalculator. It's basically just a calculator, not a tracker, but you can add foods to a list.

I use ultimate value diary app for the iPhone. I agree with your leader, I am very cautious using it. When I have time, I would double check everything with the WW calculator just to make sure. I find it really good for tracking more so than anything else. It has a barcode scanner but I would not use that as I have heard it calculates things wrong. I also find the recipe builder on it a bit dodge when it comes to putting the points per serving into your diary so I just double check it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Back from my run and I must say I am so proud of myself. I was in the front 4 of the group the whole way and we finished well ahead of everyone else. One of the girls in the office said to me that I would surprise myself and I did! I hope that I can build on this now. We will be going again thursday so I will be exercising 5 days this week which I really hope shows on the scales friday. Its great to know I can go home this evening and relax guilt free.

I've only used 10pp today so I am going to make a chicken pie with loaded mashed potatoes for tea-all recipes stolen from various blogs. I am going to do Jwacqui's nachos at the weekend coz they look yum. Are there any nachos with less pp than Doritos?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

there are WW nachos you can get from supervalu and they are 2pp per bag I think? another option would be to cut a tortilla wrap into small triangles, spray with frylight, season and bake in the oven to crisp up :) Yummy
        Also well done on the run! I love the endorphin high afterwards...so addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Argh I feel awful.

I have weigh in (well I am supposed to have) at 5.30 p.m. this evening.

I haven't followed the plan all week....

Do I go or not?

Definatley go!! You might be surprised but even if your not your leader will motivate you to just get straight back into it! The first time I was on WW I skipped a meeting coz I was bad then I was bad the week after aswell and ended up going back 2 years later!! (And prob 2 stone heavier lol). You might not get the result you wanted but youll feel better by going, I'm sure your not the only one either! I didn't track last week and lost half a pound so it happens! HTH :)

I'm just afraid that being up (which I know I will be) will make me feel worse......

Decisions.....decisions...

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

pinkstars wrote: »
        I'm just afraid that being up (which I know I will be) will make me feel worse......

Well if you already know you're up, and you see it on the scales, then you shouldn't feel worse. It may not be as bad as you think :) I'm the exact same as you, every time I did WW before I used to skip it if I thought I had a bad week. I can see now that it was a bad idea because my mindset was "well I've already had a bad week, I might as well continue"...and then I just kept continuing :D If you tonight and you're up a lb or 2, then draw a line under it and try and be down that lb or 2 next week.

(I'll have to come back and read this any time I have a bad week now :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

This may come accross complicated but bear with me.

You think you will be up tonight and you need to go and get it recorded. If you gain 2lbs this week and never have that logged on your card, and over the next week back on track you lose 1lb the scales will show a gain of 1lb next week and not the loss you actually have. This will be much much more demotivating than seeing a gain you expect this week. You need to know where you are to get started for a good week so your efforts are really shown!

But seriously what will my leader think?

I'm up and down the same few pounds for weeks, and not getting anywhere? Like she just looks at me every week and really doesn't know what to say......I suppose what can you say to someone like me!!

I have to lose weight.......So embarrassed more than ever today over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm up and down the same few pounds for weeks, and not getting anywhere? Like she just looks at me every week and really doesn't know what to say......I suppose what can you say to someone like me!!

You need to be honest with your leader so she can help you. Don't be embarassed - they are there to help and support you. The amount of people that pass through weight watchers who have gone through the same thing.

Years ago I told my leader to stop being nice when I was going up and down for a few months - I told her I needed her to be a little harsh and it worked for me. They can only help if you let them. Ask for a few minutes at the end of class to talk to her and be honest about what you want and what you need to get from this!

Your leader shouldn't make you feel that way, and if she does then you may need to change class.

Your leader should be offering you suggestions on how to get out of your rut-change one thing etc. not making you feel embarressed.

Tought I'd share this website with everyone!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I think i got the link on here some time back, but seen as how there are so many new people, I thought i'd add again.

It's american, so the points are not the same, but loads of new ideas if your stuck eating the same things all the time!

enjoy.

You think you will be up tonight and you need to go and get it recorded. If you gain 2lbs this week and never have that logged on your card, and over the next week back on track you lose 1lb the scales will show a gain of 1lb next week and not the loss you actually have. This will be much much more demotivating than seeing a gain you expect this week. You need to know where you are to get started for a good week so your efforts are really shown!

I know what you mean....I think........if I don't get the 2 pounds recorded this week (+) then if I lose a pound next week it will show a gain of a pound?

Am I right?

I feel bad enough as it is, I know I should go, but I think I could get really negative when it is up. I mean how do you deal with a gain?

What can I expect really.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lormuz wrote: »
        Your leader shouldn't make you feel that way, and if she does then you may need to change class.

Your leader should be offering you suggestions on how to get out of your rut-change one thing etc. not making you feel embarressed.

+ 1.

If you're leader isn't helping you and is making you feel embarrassed then I'd be switching class without giving it a second thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

This is what happened me 2 weeks ago. I missed my class due to work but I knew I'd be up so didn't make an effort to go to a different class. As a result I was up 1.5lbs last week and it really did upset me as I had been really good in that week but I knew it was the week previous catching up on me. I swore last week I'd never miss another meeting unless I had a good excuse! I know its a bit late but you really should go to your meeting.

• Advertisement
      • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just at WI I lost 1lb. Bringing me to 8.5lbs loss in total and bringing me back to the 13's! I haven't seen them in about 6 months! Haha!

Delighted with that result. I'm gonna try an exercise class this week to help me keep losing :)

Advertisement