Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Really have to agree with what's been said! Always just go to your meeting! My scales was showing a 4lb gain last night and I was dreading my meeting!

I went along to my meeting today and said i would face up to it regardless. I went and put up 1/2lb which is nothing! I'm so glad I went and now on to a fresh week! Positive feelings!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

some great losses today -well done everyone.

Thanks for all the info re: your routines on weigh in day/night before weigh in.....

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm nervous again lol.... Will update this once I've weighed in. I'll have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a loss :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down 1.5lbs! Got my second stone and I'm halfway to goal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Am so angry. After my great week where I tracked perfectly and did loads of exercise was heartbroken to jump up on the scales and see I'm up half a pound. Was so very sure I'd be down this week. I have a wedding this weekend so no idea how I'm going to manage that and get a couple of pounds down :-( close to the 5lbs above goal limit so pretty nervous!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Am so angry. After my great week where I tracked perfectly and did loads of exercise was heartbroken to jump up on the scales and see I'm up half a pound. Was so very sure I'd be down this week. I have a wedding this weekend so no idea how I'm going to manage that and get a couple of pounds down :-( close to the 5lbs above goal limit so pretty nervous!

Don't be heartbroken. It's important to remember hard work doesn't go unrewarded. As our leader said to Jwacqui tonight 1/2 a pound is only a cup of tea.

Keep going strong and ur loss will show prob next week sure havent we all shown up late to something every now and then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

pinkstars wrote: »
    Argh I feel awful.

I have weigh in (well I am supposed to have) at 5.30 p.m. this evening.

I haven't followed the plan all week....

Do I go or not?

Like the others i would say go.. it honestly is the only way to get out of the rut and start afresh!

Really hope you did go and definitely if your leader isn't being supportive than try a new class. That's not a nice feeling to have to deal with.. Good luck for the week ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 1.5lbs! Got my second stone and I'm halfway to goal! :D

Whoo well done you!!

1/2 lb is honestly nothing. You could easily have that lost tomorrow. If you track perfectly between now and the weekend and then straight after the wedding, then between last weeks really good week and this week there is no reason why you shouldn't see a loss next week. You have done really well in getting to goal so you just have to keep up the motivation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Don't be upset with yourself tiny_penguin. It could actually be muscle you've put on with all the exercise. Aim to have another good week this week and like Eabhabear said you could well have a loss next week. Think about how far you've come in getting to your goal.

Edit: New blog entry done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Hey guys had my weigh in yesterday... Wait for it...5 1/2 pound gone..tears came to my eyes I couldn't believe it as I Sts Last week..so now a review..13lb gone in 4 weeks I'm now in the 13's and it's the lightest I've been in years...I'm motivated now whoop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well thanks so much for all the advice re going to my meeting.

My leader says she knows I can do it...........I was up a pound.........

I swear I have to do this for myself now.......

• Advertisement

I have my WI tonight and the optimism I had is gone. I feel very bloated and heavy so not expecting much. Well done to everyone who had losses last night and to those that were up, today's the start of a new week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Having my WI on a Friday makes the week seem even longer! But its the best day for me to weigh as it gives me the most time to get over my weekend indulgences. Made the chicken pie last night - I even took a photo as I was so proud of my efforts - and it was divine. Thank goodness I had plenty of points left as I ate loads. I have 50g of Dunnes Wafer Chicken for 1pp in my speigel today. I weighed this morning and 50g is a lot! Great bulgy sandwich with a WW strawberry tart yoghurt at 1pp for after. There are a few different WW offers on in Dunnes at the moment and I got the yoghurts which I wouldnt usually bother with. Also got Muller Light Lemon and New York Cheesecake yoghurts. 2pp each and quite big and creamy. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I'm weighing in at home. technically started weight watchers properly 10 days ago and I'm down 4 pound woo! 6 More pounds and I'm in the elevens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

have my brothers communion this weekend. if I post the main and starter options, will you help me choose and point please

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Hey guys had my weigh in yesterday... Wait for it...5 1/2 pound gone..tears came to my eyes I couldn't believe it as I Sts Last week..so now a review..13lb gone in 4 weeks I'm now in the 13's and it's the lightest I've been in years...I'm motivated now whoop :)

Amazing results! Just goes to show all of us that get a gain or a sts to keep on going and the results will show! good on you!

Work was mental today spent whole day in a bad mood.. so busy i can barely breathe! Anyways we had a birthday cake to share at lunch an i had some.. id say there was about a million pp in it! Its from the cheese cake shop not sure the exact time but hopefully ill be able to estimate the points..
    Have lunch and dinner out on Saturday hoping i can try stay as much on track
    as possible!

Good luck to you all weighing in tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I have my WI tonight and the optimism I had is gone. I feel very bloated and heavy so not expecting much. Well done to everyone who had losses last night and to those that were up, today's the start of a new week :)

I wouldn't worry about feeling bloated, I've felt like that and still had losses.
    My leader said its something to do with eating more fibre in the diet and you'll have to up your intake of water to counteract it.
    You'll be fine :)

I stayed the same this week but I'm not too disappointed. It was a short week and it wasn't a gain so ill take it! :)

Well done everyone on another brill week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Very nervous about my first WI tonight. Besides Saturday, I think I did pretty well, but I really hope that one evening hasn't been the undoing of me!!

I'm nervous about the week ahead too. Have dinner and drinks out tomorrow night with friends, then another house party on Saturday. Invited out on Sunday night too but going to try make my excuses for that. Then next Tuesday I'm going to Sean Locke...usually if I was going to something like that after work I'd hang around town beforehand and get something to eat with my boyfriend but I think I'll head home after work, get a proper dinner and then just head in for the gig, and NO drinking!

This is the menu for the early-bird I'm going to tomorrow...any tips? :o
    Starters
    SOUP
    Fresh homemade soup of the day served with thick brown bread
    SAMOSA
    Curried chicken samosa, served with a plum dip
    VEGETABLE PARCELS
    Mixed vegetables wrapped in filo pastry served with a mint dip
    KABABS
    Spicy lamb kebabs, served with a fresh mint, coriander and yoghurt dip
    GARLIC BREAD WITH CHEESE

Main Course (All wraps served with pommes frites and salad)
    CAJUN CHICKEN WRAP
    With roasted pepers, aubergines, courgettes, and red pepper mayonnaise, served with salad and frites
    RATATOUILLE WRAP
    Ratatouille and basmati rice wrap with crème fraiche and basil pesto
    BEEF WRAP
    Mexican Beef wrap, 100% Irish beef, chilies, kidney beans, crème fraiche, onions, cucumbers and cheese. All in tortilla wrap
    JUMBO SAUSAGE AND MASH
    Served with an onion gravy
    VEG AND FRUIT CURRY
    Mixed vegetable curry served with rice
    CHICKEN CURRY
    Golden chicken curry served with rice
    PIRI PIRI
    Marinated chicken pasta with fresh oregano, tomatoes, spring onions, fresh parmesan, garlic and sun dried tomatoes
    SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE
    And red pepper penne served with a pomodoro sauce
    VEGETARIAN CHILLI
    Lentil & kidney bean chili served with rice. Have it as hot as you like
    CAESAR SALAD
    Classic Caesar salad, lettuce, crispy bacon, toasted croutons and fresh parmesan tossed with Caesar dressing
    GREEK SALAD
    Greek salad with juicy tomatoes, sun sweet red onions, cucumber, crumbled feta cheese and topped with humus

The salads wouldn't be my thing, was thinking the chicken curry or the piri piri. Not sure about starters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Lost 1.5lbs last week leaving me just half a pound to goal and my body went into a rebellion mode I have ate everything that wasnt nailed down since. Really annoyed with myself was hoping to go to class tomorrow and reach goal but thats not going to happen tomorrow. So what i was thinking of doing is back on track this morning and go to class tomorrow and not wi just stay for the class, i just cant face be told im up again. Im going to track everything that i eat for the next 8 days and wi next thursday and get to goal then (hopefully) What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hello all.

I've not been on here for ages but I thought I'd pop in to see how everyone's doing, great to see you're all doing so well!

I stopped doing WW a few months ago, not because it didn't work for me as I lost about 3 stone, but I was at a healthy weight, BMI of 24, and when I asked my leader about goal she shrugged it off and said I needed to get to 10st 7 or 10st 5 (I'm 5 ft. 7).

The combination of her lack of interest in me after coming so far and not discussing goal with me just put me off and I started the 5:2 instead which suits my lifestyle better.

I read back over a few pages and I noticed that some of you were discussing goal and said that when you reach a BMI of 25 you are at goal.

Pity that wasn't the case for me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

dammitj wrote: »
    Hello all.

I've not been on here for ages but I thought I'd pop in to see how everyone's doing, great to see you're all doing so well!

I stopped doing WW a few months ago, not because it didn't work for me as I lost about 3 stone, but I was at a healthy weight, BMI of 24, and when I asked my leader about goal she shrugged it off and said I needed to get to 10st 7 or 10st 5 (I'm 5 ft. 7).

The combination of her lack of interest in me after coming so far and not discussing goal with me just put me off and I started the 5:2 instead which suits my lifestyle better.

I read back over a few pages and I noticed that some of you were discussing goal and said that when you reach a BMI of 25 you are at goal.

Pity that wasn't the case for me! :o

Sounds like you had a bad leader - your goal should be a personal thing to you and not what someone else sets for you. If you are within a healthy BMI then that should be down to you. I would have been going to another leader if that had been the case. When i got to BMI of 25 and I was struggling to get to the goal i set myself, my leader was encouraging me to call where I was my goal as I was healthy and had come so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

The salads wouldn't be my thing, was thinking the chicken curry or the piri piri. Not sure about starters though.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd go with the soup (skip the bread & the butter) and the chicken curry. Just enjoy what you eat and you can excercise to make up for it!!

On a different note - I tried the Special K crisps. The salt and vinegar are nicer than the sour cream & onion but for 2pp there is loads in the bag and they are lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Newmie

Hi All

Permission to join? Am taking great comfort and info from this thread, thanks for that and looking forward to being part of the gang! Congrats to all here, have to say ye are so dedicated.

So,took the bull by the horns 2 weeks ago and weighed in at 13-7, lost 3.5 lbs first week so fingers crossed for 2moro.

Feeling fairly motivated but the few drinks at the weekend are my downfall, gonna find it hard to curtail that.

Anyway, on a mission now so bring it on WW.

The salads wouldn't be my thing, was thinking the chicken curry or the piri piri. Not sure about starters though.

I would go salads wit dressing on side or else maybe the chicken wrap and stay away from all the fries! Easier to try point than something like a curry or soup as they could have cream or about milk added.. For starters maybe the lamb kebab.. i assume they mean the ones on the skewers.. :)

Either way enjoy yourself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Ugh, having been under half a pound from goal last week, I horsed on my traditional TOTM pound this week. A bit gutted, but I did have a really busy weekend with a lot of eating on the run, so, I suppose I deserve it.

Tiny - I really feel your pain, I've been dancing just above goal for AGES now and it's driving me crazy. I knew I'd be up today, but I really wanted to face up to it. Best of luck for next week though xx

I'm on HOLIDAYS next week - I have bought bikini's! Lots and lots of them!! Last year I was in Italy and spent the entire week self conscious and depressed in my tummy control one piece on the beach. This year, I'm letting it all hang out in Spain. It's funny, I am disappointed with my difficulty getting to goal, but I must remember that I'm currently the lightest I've ever been as an adult and my BMI is only 22 - I am doing so, so well, and I am going to celebrate this with a bit of a strutt in a bikini next week ;-). Hoping to stay healthy-ish on hols - I always eat less in the heat and going to have more fruit and salad type meals rather than lots of chips. And bring the runners for the 10k training. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just had my first WI, down 4lbs :) really happy with that, was hoping for at least 3. Hopefully I can keep up the good work! I'll be happy with a steady 1.5-2 lbs from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

After 4 weeks of ups and downs I was don't 5.5lbs this evening!

That's 10lb gone now! Hoping to near my first stone in the next 2 weeks!

Wedding in July and I really want to have a good bit gone by then but the other wedding in September is more important so that's my goal! 2 stone gone by then! Maybe not so realistic but that's the figure in my mind!

Good look with all weight losses this week =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Well I had another great week food wise, and weighed in tonight and..... I was bloody up a lb!!! That's 1.5lbs UP in the last two weeks and I've been really good. I've just gone back over my tracker and repointed everything to make sure I had the right points and I do! I'm so gutted :-(

Well done on everyone who lost tonight - brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Lost another 3lbs tonight so delighted (again!) Just a bit confused about the whole goal/gold weight etc - when I was weighed in tonight a re programme thing came up on the computer so my leader asked me what weight was I aiming for (I started at 12'9, currently at 10'12 & hoping for 10'7!) 24lbs loss in total! So I said 10'7 but would like a few pounds more (I'm 5'7) but as long as I can fit back into my clothes I'm happy - so I'm not sure what my goal weight is till I get a gold card? Is this set by WW or by what your chosen weight loss is? Thanks in advance

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    After 4 weeks of ups and downs I was don't 5.5lbs this evening!

That's 10lb gone now! Hoping to near my first stone in the next 2 weeks!

Wedding in July and I really want to have a good bit gone by then but the other wedding in September is more important so that's my goal! 2 stone gone by then! Maybe not so realistic but that's the figure in my mind!

Good look with all weight losses this week =)

Great weight loss! can i ask what ya did this week to mix it up? It definitely worked ;-)

• Advertisement

I was down 2.5lbs tonight, absolutely delighted. I was hoping to get my first mini goal, back into the 13s, which would have required another lb. I was probably a bit too ambitious. I made my fruit juice tonight and I have my exercise planned for the week. I hope that my reintroducing exercise this week that it doesn't effect the scales next week as while I don't mind losing the weight slowly, it really has been snails pace so far!

Well done to everyone on your losses tonight. Some fantastic numbers.

Misschoo when you join, some leaders automatically set a random goal. You hit that random goal tonight which is why you had to reset it. Regarding your actual goal, go with the number that feels right to you now. As you get closer to that, you can make it higher or lower depending on what you are comfortable with. You are allowed to set your own goal with the aid of your leader. As long as it is under 25 then WW shouldn't have an issue with it.

Chickatees Did you include absolutely everything in your tracker, including alcohol, fizzy drinks, coffee (milk/sugar) etc? Did you suddenly up your exercise this week? Did you eat your full amount of dailies every week? Are you on any antibiotics or anything like that? If there's no reason for the gain, then sometimes our bodies just don't cooperate. I know its frustrating but if you stick to plan this week then you should see a loss next week.

I have found in the last week or so that setting goals or challenges have helped me stay on track. One of them was to try a new fruit or veg each week which I have been doing. I'm still battling the fizzy drinks challenge but there has been improvements :D This week I want to battle my scales addiction. After our discussion about weighing during the week, I have realised I am a bit obsessed. So I am going to try and stay off them until Saturday, allow and sneak peak and then stay off them until my WI on Wednesday.

Advertisement