Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Would ye propoint a melon? I've started eating them lately, maybe half a honey due yellow melon a day and realise that they are high in sugar and have a good few calories. Are they really zero pp? Seems too good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

bb86 wrote: »
    Would ye propoint a melon? I've started eating them lately, maybe half a honey due yellow melon a day and realise that they are high in sugar and have a good few calories. Are they really zero pp? Seems too good to be true!

Technically they are free but if you feel you are eating too much then maybe you could use a few points for it. The best thing to do is see if it affects your WI. If you are struggling to lose or you're only losing a small amount, then you should start pointing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Bit the Bullet today and went to WI and dont know how but was down the half pound and GOT TO GOAL. Oh so happy was very emotional (made a show of myself probably) but anyway. Have lost a total of 3 stone and 8.5 lbs. Big shopping trip in order (Pennys mainly have no dosh) :)
    Have to say last week in class they were talking about who is your biggest supporter and have a great hubby but this thread has been so helpful i dont think i could have done it without it - having so many others in the same boat understanding what you are going through especially on the bad days - Ye are all awesome Thanks

Three Cheers for Try again HIP HIP HORRAY

well done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

bb86 wrote: »

I'm constantly cynical of the 0pp for fruit and veg. I try and eat my 5-a day but I'm definitely better with fruit than veg. I eat a lot of bananas, but I've made myself cut back because I know they're high in calories so I don't know why it makes sense not to point them.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Sounds like you had a bad leader - your goal should be a personal thing to you and not what someone else sets for you. If you are within a healthy BMI then that should be down to you. I would have been going to another leader if that had been the case. When i got to BMI of 25 and I was struggling to get to the goal i set myself, my leader was encouraging me to call where I was my goal as I was healthy and had come so far.

Unfortunately I didn't have many options as I'm in Sligo. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm constantly cynical of the 0pp for fruit and veg. I try and eat my 5-a day but I'm definitely better with fruit than veg. I eat a lot of bananas, but I've made myself cut back because I know they're high in calories so I don't know why it makes sense not to point them.

They work out your daily allowance on the assumption that you will be using a certain amount of calories on fruit and veg. Obviously if you are going crazily above the average intake of fruit per day then you should start counting them - but I tend to get away with having 2-4 portions of fruit per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Thanks everyone for the kind words feels really great. Didn't talk about maintenance yet said she would leave me for this week and chat next week.
    Funny i had planned having a big blow out when i got to goal know that sound silly but anyway, I actually feel really motivated to stay on track.

Cavangal - sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment, hope you get throught the weekend ok xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My perspective on fruit is - fruit never made anyone fat. So I would never count it or veg, even when I eat an entire head of cauliflower (Monday) or half a BNS (Tuesday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Great losses and positivity here this week! Loving it!

I had a yummy dinner today, posted a picture on my blog. Gonna have lunch later as I'm working 4-12.30am and don't like having a big meal when I'm gonna be on my feet!

Fingers crossed for a great week! :D

So annoyed at myself! Went out yesterday evening for dinner and a few drinks. Didn't go to the original restaurant we had planned so had no idea what was on the menu. Ended up being greedy and going for a Thai green curry instead of something healthy! And ended up having 3 glasses of wine as well as 2 vodkas over the night...why couldn't I just have had vodka?! Anyway I have tracked everything, I've no idea how much would have been in the curry so I estimated 20PP...no idea if that's being too conservative or not! So 2 days into my week and already 15pp of my weekly allowance used. I'm going home to my mam's tonight, which would usually involve a takeaway but I'm going to just tell her I'll cook my own dinner. I'm still going to allow myself something nice though...was thinking chicken and chickpea rogan josh with rice and a WW naan. Definitely going to stay within my dailies though. But have a house party tomorrow night for the second Saturday in a row. Won't get there until after 11 and am going to just bring a small bottle of vodka this time.

Anyway going for a swim now to try and ease some of my guilt :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

So annoyed at myself! Went out yesterday evening for dinner and a few drinks. Didn't go to the original restaurant we had planned so had no idea what was on the menu. Ended up being greedy and going for a Thai green curry instead of something healthy! And ended up having 3 glasses of wine as well as 2 vodkas over the night...why couldn't I just have had vodka?! Anyway I have tracked everything, I've no idea how much would have been in the curry so I estimated 20PP...no idea if that's being too conservative or not! So 2 days into my week and already 15pp of my weekly allowance used. I'm going home to my mam's tonight, which would usually involve a takeaway but I'm going to just tell her I'll cook my own dinner. I'm still going to allow myself something nice though...was thinking chicken and chickpea rogan josh with rice and a WW naan. Definitely going to stay within my dailies though. But have a house party tomorrow night for the second Saturday in a row. Won't get there until after 11 and am going to just bring a small bottle of vodka this time.

Anyway going for a swim now to try and ease some of my guilt :o

Don't beat yourself up about it, life happens and sometimes we can't be prepared! You have time to make up for it and if you have used your weeklies and counted the alcohol then you should be fine!

On the way to a wedding. Have a box of strawberries and blueberries to keep me going between the ceremony and the meal. Hoping not to stray too far off track!!

On the way to a wedding. Have a box of strawberries and blueberries to keep me going between the ceremony and the meal. Hoping not to stray too far off track!!

Good on you going prepared hope you have a lovely day!

In other news i think im gettin sick feel crap today have a cold sore that won't feck off too! Weigh in tomorrow have my exercise classes and food planned for the week! Hopefully my crappy mood doesn't spoil my eating today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm writing off yesterday completely.I was at my cousin's communion and I ate everything. Only good thing was that the curry was a 0PP WW recipe and there was low fat stuff used in most of the desserts.

I had:
    About 6 mini chicken and mushroom vol-au-vents
    2 small garlic potatoes
    A small handful of chips
    The curry
    Some rice
    Salad

Doesn't seem so bad until I mention desserts - had a slice of 3 different cheescakes and a slice of banoffee pie. And a small piece of the communion cake which was like a layered chocolate sponge thing with fresh cream.

And then to top it all off I had 5 small bottles of Bulmer's Light.

I'm just going to use all my weeklies and be good until weigh in. I'd be happy with a STS.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Fell off the wagon with spectacular form this weekend!!! Balls!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Totally forgot to post my loss from my 1st week back after about a year and a half and having my daughter. I lost 5 lbs. have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow afternoon and wasn't too good today as went to my Mam's and had a roast & tiramisu for dessert. We'll see sure. Hope you're all doing well & in good form ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Great losses and positivity here this week! Loving it!

I had a yummy dinner today, posted a picture on my blog. Gonna have lunch later as I'm working 4-12.30am and don't like having a big meal when I'm gonna be on my feet!

Fingers crossed for a great week! :D

Hi Jacqui,
    Your dinners always look lovely. Can I ask where you get your chicken burger/fillet from at 3pp each? Is it just a plain chicken breast and then you add a coating/seasoning etc or are you buying it as it is. I'm eager to try it.
    Thanks in advance.

Aaaah i weigh in tonight.. freaking out! had an ok week but ya just never know with these things! Hopefully its not too bad!

dietdiva wrote: »
    Hi Jacqui,
    Your dinners always look lovely. Can I ask where you get your chicken burger/fillet from at 3pp each? Is it just a plain chicken breast and then you add a coating/seasoning etc or are you buying it as it is. I'm eager to try it.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I just love food and need to have nice tasty meals to stay motivated. I just buy chicken fillets which are 3pp then marinate them in nandos sauce which is 1pp for 40g and I only use 15g. I use a spiegal bun which is 2pp and normally 1pp of cheddar.
    Had one yesterday! Was delicious!' :-))

Had a good weekend. Within points. Really hoping for a loss tomorrow. Sitting in my car outside college at the minute studying. Exam at 10am. Have a bottle of water, portion of cashews, banana and yogurt! Two more exams and I have no idea how I haven't attacked the chocolate yet!

Aaaah i weigh in tonight.. freaking out! had an ok week but ya just never know with these things! Hopefully its not too bad!

Good luck!! X :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good luck with weigh ins everyone. :)

Mine is tomorrow night and I'm dreading it after Saturday. I'm going to go anyway. This weekend will be tough because I'll be away and I have no idea what I'll be eating. I'll try and make the low point choices if I can. After that I should be okay, I have the mini marathon in 2 weeks. Going to try walk it in under 1hr 45mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

well, had a bit of a disaster of a weekend...
    not the complete worst, but bad enough.....

expecting the worst tomorrow for weigh in....

on a lighter note, had really good fun!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Thanks Jacqui, Will try that when i'm doing the shopping again.
    Probably tastes better than a take away too.

Good luck with exams, go you being all organised with your food.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well done everyone on the losses, ye are all doing amazing!

Well I had a disaster of a weekend. Completely lost the run of myself saturday...dreading WI tonight. It will not be pretty!

Lormuz wrote: »
    well, had a bit of a disaster of a weekend...
    not the complete worst, but bad enough.....

expecting the worst tomorrow for weigh in....

on a lighter note, had really good fun!:P

Same! Saturday night was a complete disaster. For SHAME! Saturday day-time and yesterday weren't bad though...WI's not til Wednesday so am hoping to redeem myself a bit. I lost 4lbs last week so even if I lose ½lb this week I'll be happy!

Actually I'm looking for some advice...I'm having my boyfriend's sister and her bf over for dinner on Friday night. The bf is a trained chef so I'm hoping to impress! Making a chicken and chorizo dish for main course, but I'm not sure what to do for starter. Any ideas for something healthy (not soup) that will hopefully wow them a bit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

ibarelycare, What about Caramelised Red Onion and Goat’s Cheese Tarts? 1 point each and a ww recipe. This makes 8.

5 sprays Cooking Spray
    2 large Onions sliced into wedges
    1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
    4 sheets Filo Pastry
    50 g Goat's Cheese
    1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
    8 sprigs Fresh Thyme to garnish

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
    Spray a nonstick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a rich golden brown. Cool.
    Cut the pile of filo pastry sheets into eight 10cm (4 inch) squares. Spraying each separate piece with low fat cooking spray, layer them into eight muffin tins or individual flan tins. Place on a baking sheet.
    Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the pastry is almost cooked. Spoon the onions into the tarts and share the goat’s cheese between them. Top with thyme sprigs and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
    Season the tarts with black pepper, then serve.
    Add some strips of yellow and red pepper to the onions, if you like.

I've also made a nice lemon sorbet as a pallet cleanser to serve in between starter and main course in the past to impress. You can make a big batch and keep in the freezer and then you have loads of desserts for the future, especially nice in the summer.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    ibarelycare, What about Caramelised Red Onion and Goat’s Cheese Tarts? 1 point each and a ww recipe. This makes 8.

5 sprays Cooking Spray
    2 large Onions sliced into wedges
    1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
    4 sheets Filo Pastry
    50 g Goat's Cheese
    1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
    8 sprigs Fresh Thyme to garnish

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
    Spray a nonstick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a rich golden brown. Cool.
    Cut the pile of filo pastry sheets into eight 10cm (4 inch) squares. Spraying each separate piece with low fat cooking spray, layer them into eight muffin tins or individual flan tins. Place on a baking sheet.
    Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the pastry is almost cooked. Spoon the onions into the tarts and share the goat’s cheese between them. Top with thyme sprigs and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
    Season the tarts with black pepper, then serve.
    Add some strips of yellow and red pepper to the onions, if you like.

I've also made a nice lemon sorbet as a pallet cleanser to serve in between starter and main course in the past to impress. You can make a big batch and keep in the freezer and then you have loads of desserts for the future, especially nice in the summer.

That sounds delicious, thanks so much! Must check if the sister likes goats cheese (she's a bit fussy!) but hopefully she does. Would you mind posting the recipe for the lemon sorbet too?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I'm another person on this forum who had a disaster of a weekend!! Out for dinner both friday & saturday & didn't think about a propoint.

I have my WI tomorrow evening & I just have to go as I didn't go last week. I did 6k run this morning & will do the same tomorrow so hopefully that will bring it back a little before I face the scales!!

Feeling positive for the week ahead & no plans (or money!) for next weekend. I really need to learn how to point at the weekends. My tracker is super mon-fri lunchtime time & then nothing again until monday!

Maybe that should be my goal for this week - COUNT POINTS AT THE WEEKEND!!

Hope everyone has a great week

• Advertisement

Im the same as a good few - disaster at the wedding and since then things havent got much better. Ate and drank all around me at the wedding - double vodkas, lots of wine, a few jagerbombs. There were sweets everywhere at the wedding - loads of food. Had breakfast in the hotel which was disgustingly greasy and did not help my hangover as much as id hoped - then feasted on M&S salads bread and hummus in the afternoon and M&S indian that evening. Havent stopped today and we didnt get food hsopping done yesterday so I have to go out and buy my lunch.

Dreading WI tomorrow - will def be up and there is a good chance i will go above my 5lbs of goal and have to pay again. Won't be happy with that. Why do we do this to ourselves .....

Advertisement