Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

That sounds delicious, thanks so much! Must check if the sister likes goats cheese (she's a bit fussy!) but hopefully she does. Would you mind posting the recipe for the lemon sorbet too?

Lemon Sorbet recipe at home. I'll post it tonight. Its full of sugar but if you make it really lemony then one small scoopful is more than enough.

In other news I cycled into work this morning for first time. 15.5km. Took me about an hour and a half with a couple of stops and was overtaken by countless OAPs but still pretty proud of myself. Can only get better. Or run over...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

donnamc5... that recipe sounds amazing! Would nearly encourage me to have people round for dinner ;-)

Just out of weigh in and down 1.6kg aaahhh am absolutely ecstatic at the moment was hoping for 600g as only did three gym sessions and no walks!

This not drinking buzz is without a doubt helping my weight loss and for the first time in about two years i feel like I can actually do this again.. Emotional thinking about it!

Going home to chicken and oven chips my other half has prepared for me and bought a teeny single slice of cheese cake for my treat!

To all of you who had a bad weekend.. it prob isn't as bad as it seems an the scales can surprise you..

My quote of the day.. 'She turned her can'ts into cans.. and her dreams into plans'

Have a great week everyone x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

My weekend wasn't great either. Friday was very bad then Saturday and Sunday were better but not perfect. I didn't get any exercise done either :( not sure what to expect at WI on Wednesday. I really want a loss so I can hit my first mini goal, to get back into the 13's.

Well done Shelly on your loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

donnamc5 wrote: »
    ibarelycare, What about Caramelised Red Onion and Goat’s Cheese Tarts? 1 point each and a ww recipe. This makes 8.

5 sprays Cooking Spray
    2 large Onions sliced into wedges
    1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
    4 sheets Filo Pastry
    50 g Goat's Cheese
    1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
    8 sprigs Fresh Thyme to garnish

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
    Spray a nonstick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a rich golden brown. Cool.
    Cut the pile of filo pastry sheets into eight 10cm (4 inch) squares. Spraying each separate piece with low fat cooking spray, layer them into eight muffin tins or individual flan tins. Place on a baking sheet.
    Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the pastry is almost cooked. Spoon the onions into the tarts and share the goat’s cheese between them. Top with thyme sprigs and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
    Season the tarts with black pepper, then serve.
    Add some strips of yellow and red pepper to the onions, if you like.

Are these REALLY only 1pp? They sound delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Are these REALLY only 1pp? They sound delicious!

Yep. Good eh.

Ok. Lemon Sorbet Recipe.

200g caster sugar
    300ml water
    300ml lemon juice - about 6 large lemons
    3 tbsp vodka (optional)

1. Caster sugar and water in small saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 mins (without stirring) or until solution is of a thin syrup consistency.
    2. Leave it to cool then stir in the lemon juice and vodka.
    3. Pour mixture into a shallow container anf freeze for an hour (I use tupperware).
    4. Remove from freezer and beat with an electric whisk (or normal whisk) until smooth, then return to the freezer.
    5. Repeat this process twice to produce a smooth sorbet then leave to freeze until very firm. I do it the night before.
    6. Serve in scoops. This should give you at least 8. One scoop is plenty as very strong flavour but very tasty and refeshing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My weekend wasn't great either. Friday was very bad then Saturday and Sunday were better but not perfect. I didn't get any exercise done either :( not sure what to expect at WI on Wednesday. I really want a loss so I can hit my first mini goal, to get back into the 13's.

Well done Shelly on your loss!

Thank you! :)

Don't worry you have time to balance yourself out for weigh in on weds you could surprise yourself.. best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

woo hoo!!
    Cannot believe it I was down 1 1/2 lbs....
    Bloody miracle!

Hopefully i wont pay for it next week.

I was reading all about the 5:2 diet last night, and I think I am doing it in reverse nearly.... I have 5 good days and 2 days at weekend where i literally stop pointing!
    Must do better, must do better, must do better!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I am an absolute disaster! I had a STS when I weighed in last night, which was a miracle really after the weekend, but what did I go and do then to vent my frustration?! Went and got a snackbox for dinner in the chipper!! It was yummy though, but feel so guilty now! I will probably pay for it at next weeks WI. A bit irratible these days, trying to mix working with studying for accounting exams, but still that's no excuse! Going to try not to use my 49 at the weekend now to make up for it. I really need to just keep motivated as it's around this time that I start losing track & being careless with my points...got to stick with it!

Onwards and downwards...I hope!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

granniecaz wrote: »
    I am an absolute disaster! I had a STS when I weighed in last night, which was a miracle really after the weekend, but what did I go and do then to vent my frustration?! Went and got a snackbox for dinner in the chipper!! It was yummy though, but feel so guilty now! I will probably pay for it at next weeks WI. A bit irratible these days, trying to mix working with studying for accounting exams, but still that's no excuse! Going to try not to use my 49 at the weekend now to make up for it. I really need to just keep motivated as it's around this time that I start losing track & being careless with my points...got to stick with it!

Onwards and downwards...I hope!! :)

Don't beat yourself up over it!

I know it's wrong but I always allow myself a treat after my WI :o Whether it's a takeaway or a high PP dinner...I convince myself that I deserve it. Well that's what I did before when I did WW anyway. Going to try and not do it this time. Well I'll allow myself a bar of chocolate and a glass of wine...but not the whole hog :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know it's wrong but I always allow myself a treat after my WI :o Whether it's a takeaway or a high PP dinner...I convince myself that I deserve it. Well that's what I did before when I did WW anyway. Going to try and not do it this time. Well I'll allow myself a bar of chocolate and a glass of wine...but not the whole hog :D

I agree with this. I know people don't agree with rewarding yourself with food, but after a long week of pointing and being good I always have a takeaway treat after WI.

It may not be the best idea but it makes me happy and we all know it's not one bad meal that makes you fat just like one good meal wont make you skinny, and it keeps me motivated that I can count down to a treat day rather than caving in every now and then and feeling guilty for it.

BTW for everyone who had a bad weekend I am extremely jealous of ye! Best thing to do now is put a line under it and get right back on track, there's no amount of bad that you can't undo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Thanks ibarelycare, I used to be the same but was hoping things would be different this time. It will be from now on :) Back on the wagon now as of today!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    I agree with this. I know people don't agree with rewarding yourself with food, but after a long week of pointing and being good I always have a takeaway treat after WI.

It may not be the best idea but it makes me happy and we all know it's not one bad meal that makes you fat just like one good meal wont make you skinny, and it keeps me motivated that I can count down to a treat day rather than caving in every now and then and feeling guilty for it.
    :)

I should point out I don't go over any day during the week or use any of my weeklies until after WI.

I should point out I don't go over any day during the week or use any of my weeklies until after WI.

Yeah you see that's where my issue is was (:D) I would have used all my weeklies and still allowed myself to go mad after my WI. Totally counter-productive when you're doing it every week. No wonder I wasn't doing well :rolleyes:

Yeah you see that's where my issue is was (:D) I would have used all my weeklies and still allowed myself to go mad after my WI. Totally counter-productive when you're doing it every week. No wonder I wasn't doing well :rolleyes:

It's hard not to go mad after WI tho isn't it, feels like a week's worth of frustration being released haha!!

Try saving your weeklies and use them all together for one big guilt free treat! :)

What I am trying to get into the habit of doing is using half on Friday and half on Wednesday after WI. I think you can still have a decent treat with half. I allow myself one decent bar then Saturday and Sunday which is included in my daily points. That would've worked perfectly the weekend gone only for the spontaneous drinks in a friends house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I wi on thursday but really try not using my weeklys till the weekend because that is when i really need them, but always have a treat at the weekend over the course of the weekend i use all of my 49. Our leader asked us to try keeping our 49 for just the weekend this week and see how we get on because she thinks to many people snack all week and the weekend and say ah sure it is coming out of my 49. Its just all about finding what works for you.
    After all that did not have a great weekend so hoping to go for a run this evening and training tomorrow evening to undo some of the damage, got a loss last week that i didn't deserve, dont what a big gain this week after getting to goal last week so hopefully i can undo some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Can anybody tell me if the little free magazine at the meetings is out this week?

pinkstars wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if the little free magazine at the meetings is out this week?

Our leader sent an email yesterday and it said that she had journals this week...is that the magazine? :confused:

Does everyone else's leader send emails to their classes? When I went to Slimming World before they did, but this is the first time I've gone to a WW leader who does, it's a lovely touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Weigh in at 6pm and I looked at the scales earlier which are allows correct and I'm the same if not up 1lb. I was on track everyday. Nothing not written on my tracker and still nothing!

I need to exercise as that's my weakest point. I'm still doing exams and working. Can't wait to have free time to spend on getting some exercise and seeing my lovely boyfriend. Thinking I'm gonna be working all week though :-(

Not a good week at all! Can't wait to have some time away. Few days off booked for end of June! Living for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I do the same as you. Might go over by 1PP on a day or two but I very rarely use weeklies.

WI tonight and I am not looking forward to it after Saturday.. :o

• Advertisement

Just at WI Lost another pound. Slow and steady. Up to 9.5lbs down now in 6 weeks. It's moving in the right direction at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just at WI Lost another pound. Slow and steady. Up to 9.5lbs down now in 6 weeks. It's moving in the right direction at least!

And I lost 1/2lb so still at 7.5lb in 6 weeks. I'm happy with that. Now to try get more exercise this week and a nice treat after my last exam! Can't wait!
    That's why I always go to weigh in, you can never tell the result until you step onto the WW scales.

I was down 1/2lb as well which got me my first mini goal. I am officially back in the 13's :D I was meant to WI tomorrow but I got asked in work today to work late (again) tomorrow :rolleyes: so I rushed home today to make another meeting. I am going to take some inspiration from LoughC and Jwacqui and not use any of my weeklies until after my WI next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Up 1.5 which means I'm now 6lbs over goal and will have to pay til I lose that pesky extra pound. It's my own fault and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been more. Will have that pound down next week. Have a dinner out on Friday. 7course tasting menu, but will use my weeklies for it and be 100% on track every other day and will keep the activity up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

I started on Lyrica recently for anxiety, and have put on a stone in a week. I was already severely overweight and now feel horrible in myself. I feel totally unmotivated and can't seem to get back on track. Any suggestions?

0.5lb down :D

Just update my blog. New week tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well. I have 2 and a half to 3 days where I have no idea what I'm going to be eating because I'm away. I'll definitely try go for low PP options if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Our leader sent an email yesterday and it said that she had journals this week...is that the magazine? :confused:

Does everyone else's leader send emails to their classes? When I went to Slimming World before they did, but this is the first time I've gone to a WW leader who does, it's a lovely touch!

I've been to loads of classes & none of them ever did, until the class I'm in now. I think it's great! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Down 2lbs at my 2nd weigh in & got my silver 7, delighted with that. It usually falls off in the 1st 2 weeks for me coz I haven't had any limits on what I'd been eating before, so much start exercising & trying to drink enough water now too.

Congrats on all your losses ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Sorry it was the Pro U booklet I was talking about, did ye get these in this weeks meeting?

Advertisement