Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I was up 1.5lb which I was happy with after the couple of bad weeks I had. Back on track & no plans for weekend so feeling very confident for next week.

We didn't get the pro u booklet but our leader had printed out some receipes & gave us her email address to contact her & she'd send us more...hopefully that will keep the motivation going.

Got running group tonight, it's our longest run before the flora mini marathon & we are doing 8 or 9k - not sure if I'll be able to run it all but I can only try! Did 7.5k last week and it nearly killed me!!!

Best of luck to everyone with the WI's

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Crap afternoon in work.. still went to gym though which i guess is progress in itself! Only realised im down to 29pp now too..! Got sent some lovely treats from home.. Currently struggling to stay away :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Weigh in this evening!

I should be fine!

Had a skinny mocha and a croissant for breakfast at work, WHY!? Not the worst, 10pp in all! Hope it doesn't affect the result on the scales tonight! Might it?

Going to try and stave off any food until after weigh in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Nervous about WI tonight! TBH even if I STS I won't be too upset, but I'll be delighted with any loss. I've been running up and down the stairs all morning like an eejit, hoping to lose a few extra grams :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So have been MIA from weight watchers for a while now. Was using my Final exams as an excuse to eat all around me! But tonight I will bite the bullet and go back! Trying a new class tonight, going to get a new card and book and pretend its my first time in the hope it will give me that extra kick start! I'm expecting to be up about a stone :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I started on Lyrica recently for anxiety, and have put on a stone in a week. I was already severely overweight and now feel horrible in myself. I feel totally unmotivated and can't seem to get back on track. Any suggestions?

On Lyrica also, can't stop eating on them.

Down 2lbs this week :eek: I'm absolutely thrilled!! 6lbs in 2 weeks...here's hoping for silver 7 next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Ibarelycare, must have been all that running up and down the stairs lol may try that myself! Well done, fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Hi all - I'm also 2lbs down this week which means I'm 2lbs off 2 stone!! Very happy - going to work my ass off this week! Another 7lbs to my goal which I think will probably be tough but I'm very happy with everything so far - out of the track suits/pjs in the evenings & getting back into my "normal" clothes! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Hi everyone. I used to be on here ages ago but I couldn't get into my old account for some reason. I was in Weight Watchers 3 years ago when I lost 2 stone. I have put that back on and some more. It was my own fault but I am joining back tomorrow night. I'm not sure what exactly my starting weight will be. I have about 3.5/4 stone to lose. I am going away the start of July for 3 weeks so ideally I would like half a stone gone by then. I hope to join you all on here as I was reading through your posts and you are all very inspirational :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done on the losses everyone. :)

And welcome new people :)

I dunno what's wrong with me today but I'm ravenous! I had a cereal bar after dinner. Then I went to Zumba. Now I'm home and I've had 2 biscuits and a chocolate and raisin bar from Tesco so about 4PP in all after Zumba.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I used to be on here ages ago but I couldn't get into my old account for some reason. I was in Weight Watchers 3 years ago when I lost 2 stone. I have put that back on and some more. It was my own fault but I am joining back tomorrow night. I'm not sure what exactly my starting weight will be. I have about 3.5/4 stone to lose. I am going away the start of July for 3 weeks so ideally I would like half a stone gone by then. I hope to join you all on here as I was reading through your posts and you are all very inspirational :)

Welcome back!

Yay on the losses! and welcome to the new people you will definitely find the thread a helpful tool during your weight loss journey!

So my chocolate craving last nite were down to totm, arrived this morning :-( Anyways kind of glad its in middle of my ww week and i can try and prevent it affecting the scales! Pointed what i had last nite grand big chunk out of the weeklys but hey least i pointed it! Can only get better from here!

Exercise remaining my focus for the week :-)

Good luck to everyone else who has to weigh in :-) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Good day! I drink lots of water but want to go get a bobble bottle as i will only drink bottles so that should filter it. Actually can't wait to buy one! I get excited over silly things!

Myself and Loughc booked three nights away in the heritage hotel for June! Cannot wait! Going sun-thur. Gonna weigh in on a thur and then the following tues. meaning 10days between each weigh in.

Decided to take picture of everything Myself and LoughC bought in our shopping tonight and upload a haul to my blog!

Boss buying pizza for everyone for lunch.. I say no and had my veggie muffins and salad.. Winning :)

Thanks again to donnamc5 for the goats cheese and onion tart recipe for tomorrow night, but as two people coming don't like goats cheese, I've decided to go for these sausagemeat koftas instead for starter. I'll serve them without the pitta, just with salad and sweet chilli sauce, so only 3PP per serving.

I'm going to Tesco in Santry tonight, but I've never bought WW sausages before, in fact I never buy any sausages at all so I don't recall ever seeing them in that section. Does anyone know if they're widely available??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I'm going to Tesco in Santry tonight, but I've never bought WW sausages before, in fact I never buy any sausages at all so I don't recall ever seeing them in that section. Does anyone know if they're widely available??

I've never seen them but Denny have low fat sausages which are 2 for 3pp. Chicken or turkey sausages are also an option.

Been a funny old week here. I've been tired and in a funny mood all week. Ended up drinking after the funeral on Saturday as there was a bit of a session in honour of the young lad who died. It was a drunk night so all weeklies out the window. We stayed in a hostel Saturday night and got a continental breakfast the next morning which was such a lifesaver as I didn't have the option of a fry. Then down the road for Sunday lunch with my family which luckily wasn't too hard on pp as mum is a healthy cook. I ate a good bit of desert though. I've been back on the wagon since Monday, had training that evening and ran 3.5k on Tuesday. I had a match yesterday but only played half. Today we'll do another 3.5k at lunch so all in all, I am hoping tomorrow's WI wont be too bad. I've redone my mini goal list and am trying not to be down about the fact that GOAL is 2 weeks further away now.

Its great to see this place so busy. I can see how WW has influenced me as even though I had a weird week, I stuck to it.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

WW is great WHEN your in the correct frame of mind for it. I'm having a great week & trying different receipes every evening. Managed to run the full 9k last night, shocked at myself but absolutely thrilled...looking forward to the mini marathon now!

Can the bloggers give the link to their blogs again please...must remember to save in favourites this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Natmus wrote: »
    WW is great WHEN your in the correct frame of mind for it. I'm having a great week & trying different receipes every evening. Managed to run the full 9k last night, shocked at myself but absolutely thrilled...looking forward to the mini marathon now!

Can the bloggers give the link to their blogs again please...must remember to save in favourites this time!

You are so right about needing to be in the correct frame of mind! Well done on the 9k, brilliant result. Will be doing the mini marathon myself and can't believe how close it is.

My blog is http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Totally agree. It's so important to get in the right frame of mind! Everything clicks and its so easy. When you're not in the zone it can feel like a constant struggle! I wish I knew how it happens though because when I do WW I get so into it. Then sometimes I start to struggle and I just lose it all! It's so hard to get that feeling back when it's gone!

My blog: http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Thanks again to donnamc5 for the goats cheese and onion tart recipe for tomorrow night, but as two people coming don't like goats cheese, I've decided to go for these sausagemeat koftas instead for starter. I'll serve them without the pitta, just with salad and sweet chilli sauce, so only 3PP per serving.

Superquinn also do reduced fat sausages, which if I remember rightly are 2pp each, and they're much nicer than any other low fat sausages I've had

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Totally agree. It's so important to get in the right frame of mind! Everything clicks and its so easy. When you're not in the zone it can feel like a constant struggle! I wish I knew how it happens though because when I do WW I get so into it. Then sometimes I start to struggle and I just lose it all! It's so hard to get that feeling back when it's gone!

My blog: http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie

Exactly. I know I'm only a couple of weeks in and trying to be all positive, but I'm already worried about losing motivation, because it's what has happened every time before. I'm trying to tell myself this time is different, but in the back of my mind I always consider myself a failure so that's what I expect to happen. It's silly really, I know I have to try and take it one week at a time and not worry about something that might not even happen!
    ck83 wrote: »
    Superquinn also do reduced fat sausages, which if I remember rightly are 2pp each, and they're much nicer than any other low fat sausages I've had

I don't have a SQ near me unfortunately. I'll see what Tesco has to offer anyway, hopefully I can find something decent. I'm going to practice the sausage dish tonight after shopping anyway so I can test how good/bad it is...if the sausage doesn't taste great I'll just kill it with spices!!!

Jwacqui I was just having a look at your blog there. Is the WW bolognese sauce nice? 2PP for the jar is so good. I very rarely use jar stuff as I prefer making sauces from scratch, but I use turkey mince for bolognese and it's not as good as beef mince at soaking up the flavours of the sauce I make, so I thought maybe the jar stuff might be better! I have used the Dolmio Light bolognese sauce before, which is 2PP for half a jar (250g) and it's nice enough, but I always add extra garlic and herbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a very sporadic poster but get great inspiration from reading all your posts :) I wanted to tell ye about the dinner I made last night with prawns - they are so low in pp it's unbelievable. I got a 125g pack of cooked and peeled tiger prawns in supervalu and lightly fried them in 1tsp rapeseed oil, garlic, ginger and chili, cracked black pepper. I made a salad with mixed leaves, coriander and lime juice...all this for just 3pp!! It was a really good savoury fix also :D
    I was down 0.5lb this week which was more than I deserved as used all my weeklies at a wedding and a few more. Going to work hard this week now on tracking and exercise...4mile run on Friday and 5 mile run on Sunday in Wexford! I'm down 11.5lbs and have 9.5lbs to Goal. I'm going to try really hard to lose 2.5lbs this week to get my 2nd silver seven and I have a wedding June 1st so I'm keeping feling good in my dress in mind also to help keep me on track! Mini goals rock!

Well done all on the losses and best of luck anyone who has yet to WI this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Natmus wrote: »

Congrats on the 9k run that's a huge achievement!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jwacqui I was just having a look at your blog there. Is the WW bolognese sauce nice? 2PP for the jar is so good. I very rarely use jar stuff as I prefer making sauces from scratch, but I use turkey mince for bolognese and it's not as good as beef mince at soaking up the flavours of the sauce I make, so I thought maybe the jar stuff might be better! I have used the Dolmio Light bolognese sauce before, which is 2PP for half a jar (250g) and it's nice enough, but I always add extra garlic and herbs.

The WW bolognese sauce is lovely, it's really nice and such good value point wise. We used to make our own sauces and Jwacqui makes an AMAZING Arrabiatta sauce but sometimes if you're cooking a batch it's handy to get the jar.

I would really recommend it, it really adds flavour to the mince, def one of the better WW products out there!

Loughc wrote: »
    The WW bolognese sauce is lovely, it's really nice and such good value point wise. We used to make our own sauces and Jwacqui makes an AMAZING Arrabiatta sauce but sometimes if you're cooking a batch it's handy to get the jar.

I would really recommend it, it really adds flavour to the mince, def one of the better WW products out there!

Great, thanks! I'll pick it up tonight and give it a go.

Down 1/2 a pound last night!

A little disappointed by at least it's going in the right direction!

To make things a LOT better, we have a Summer Challenge in class, we have a picture of 2 flip flops and each flip flop has 7 beads on it! We get a sticker for each half pound we lose, to put on each bead. so 14 half pounds = 7 pounds in 7 weeks! Really spurred me on despite the fact it was only 1/2 a pound =) It's the little things in life!

Making it my mission to be good this weekend, weekends are my downfall!

Has anyone tried the new Mullerlight desserts, 2euro for 4 in Tesco at the moment! There are YUM!!

Good luck to everyone for the coming week =)

Jwacqui wrote: »

Decided to take picture of everything Myself and LoughC bought in our shopping tonight and upload a haul to my blog!

Could I get a link to your blog please? I love blogs =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Folks I need help/suggestions.
    We are having a charity bake sale/coffee morning in work and I have said I will bake.
    Ideally I would like to bake something tasty with reasonable points as there are a few of us doing WW in work and I want there to be something that we can have too.

Any ideas?

Advertisement