Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Folks I need help/suggestions.
    We are having a charity bake sale/coffee morning in work and I have said I will bake.
    Ideally I would like to bake something tasty with reasonable points as there are a few of us doing WW in work and I want there to be something that we can have too.

Any ideas?

2 things jump out at me as being delicious, easy and low in propoints. Also have made both for groups of non weight watchers and came back with empty containers so its a good sign.

These are my absolute favourite WW sweet thing ever
    http://59lbstogo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/white-chocolate-florentine-heaven.html

And this was lovely for somethig a bit cakey - can do smaller or bigger pieces for less propoints too.

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/st-clements-drizzle-cake.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Could I get a link to your blog please? I love blogs =)

Poor Jwacqui is busy studying for her exam today but the link to her blog is;

http://www.jwacqui.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Could I get a link to your blog please? I love blogs =)

http://jwacqui.blogspot.ie/

it's in my signature but when I post from my phone it doesn't come up sometimes.

Edit: Poor me is right! Had to take a two min break before my head explodes! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Has anyone downloaded the new ultimate value diary for 2013...I had the old version but I couldn't scan a barcode & had to upgrade to the newer version. I find a lot of the propoints are different from the old version & from the ww book. Anyone else have this issue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Wow Jwacqui, just looking at your blog, you buy quite a lot of junk food, is that a normal week??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow Jwacqui, just looking at your blog, you buy quite a lot of junk food, is that a normal week??

I'm going to defend Jwacqui here, that's a mixture of two weeks shopping, the "junk food" is no more than 3pp per item. We bought the rice krispies squares for example 3 weeks ago and there's still some left out of a 8 pack, we use the "junk food" as small treats to keep us sane during the week.

We don't go mad or blow out on the weekend on booze and junk. We stay within our points. All or our meals are freshly prepared and we eat tons of fruit and veg. Clearly it's working as I've had 6 losses in a row since joining WW.

EDIT: We tend to stock up on sweets and treats when they're on special offer but we never go mad on them, some of them could remian unopened for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was thinking it was loads too but I remember jwacqui saying (either here or in one of her vids) that you's dont really drink much. That's where most of my weeklies go and that's a lot more damaging than some chocolate :D You eat lots of fresh food and fruit and veg, which is the most important thing.

I was thinking it was loads too but I remember jwacqui saying (either here or in one of her vids) that you's dont really drink much. That's where most of my weeklies go and that's a lot more damaging than some chocolate :D You eat lots of fresh food and fruit and veg, which is the most important thing.

Exactly, we snack on bananas and apples the whole time and every meal has fresh veg in it. And we're partical to my classic smoothies as well.

People need to remember WW is a lifestyle change not a diet. We've change our lifestyle from eating frozen foods and take aways to cooking fresh meals everyday and eating lots more fruit and veg and it works! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Hi guys, hope your day is going well! I bought the spag bol sauce to try before I read this so now im super excited to try it :) I wonder could anyone help me though.. I bought tesco organic mince (380g) but I cant point it as theres no NVs on the pack?? Help!!

Glitter13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope your day is going well! I bought the spag bol sauce to try before I read this so now im super excited to try it :) I wonder could anyone help me though.. I bought tesco organic mince (380g) but I cant point it as theres no NVs on the pack?? Help!!

The NV is on the back of the label on the front of the packet. Carefully rip it off the packet and it's on the back of it, terrible place to put it!

• Advertisement

It should have the nutritional info, it's probably on the back of the label, you will have to open the pack to read it.

Tesco have all NI on their website anyway, here you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/tesco-organic-beef-mince-30218235 I love my fitness pal for nutritional value. If it doesnt have the exact product, it will have something similar.

4km run done at lunchtime. So proud. Ill be at 5k in no time! Only negative is that the coach sent an email of times and calories - 227! Doesnt seem like much for such a tough run! But then in pp it is 5pp if 40cals = 1pp. I don't use my exercise pp if I can but just interesting to know. Exercise puts me in such a good mood. It's just motivating myself to do it thats the problem!

EDIT: Just mapped the run - 4.4km! Nearly at 5km already!

Natmus wrote: »
    Has anyone downloaded the new ultimate value diary for 2013...I had the old version but I couldn't scan a barcode & had to upgrade to the newer version. I find a lot of the propoints are different from the old version & from the ww book. Anyone else have this issue??

I downloaded the app about a month ago, anytime I scan something and manually pointed it, they've been the same. So the barcode scanner seems to be working.

I find alot of products are different from the WW books, remember the book is an average PP figure and not brand specific. And as well alot of food is becoming increasily reduced in size and fat which is lowering the NV in it which in return in lowering the points.

The 2013 version hasn't given me any problems to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Seriously contemplating rejoining a different class tonight. I'm so fed up of not sticking to this diet and of my weight....oh what to do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Tonight was my first night and I weighed in at 14st 4.5lbs. I decided to try out a new class in my area rather than go to my old leader from the last time. I have to say this leader is lovely and her meetings are really good. I came away motivated for the week. Just one question, she told me I was on 29 points but I saw on the screen 33. Is there a reason for the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hey guys. I'm actually always reading this forum but don't post that often!
    Quick question: do any of you skip your TOTM week? I am literally always up when I have it and find it disheartening even though i know if I behave I will be down the following week. Or is there any magic fix to prevent a gain when you have it? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey guys. I'm actually always reading this forum but don't post that often!
    Quick question: do any of you skip your TOTM week? I am literally always up when I have it and find it disheartening even though i know if I behave I will be down the following week. Or is there any magic fix to prevent a gain when you have it? Any advice?

Hi and welcome :)

Iv only been back around 6 weeks now and i seen a lost totm last time.. currently have totm this week and weigh in on Monday so im hoping very much that with exercise I can avoid a gain, iv had chocolate passed couple of days though which isn't great but its been pp anyways! Id recommend not missing a meeting its generally knocks me out of sync.. Good luck with it and follow the plan as best you can :)

Well I went to my new class.

This is it!!!!!!!

Hi,

I used to use the Ultimate Value Diary on my iPhone, I thought it was great and even better scanning the bar codes!

I downloaded the same App on Android well I am about to, but I was wondering if this is the right one as it never was available on the Android Market?

Thanks in Advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Does anyone know roughly how many propoints are in a sausage roll? Being tempted as they have them here at work but don't know if I want to waste my points.

• Advertisement

Tried the WW bolognese sauce (with red wine? Not sure if there are two separate ones!) last night and it was good. Didn't even bother throwing in any extra herbs, just some salt and pepper, and had onions and peppers with it too. Very tasty, will definitely be picking it up again.

granniecaz wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how many propoints are in a sausage roll? Being tempted as they have them here at work but don't know if I want to waste my points.

What size sausage roll? Probably a lot more than you'd think :/ If it's one of the large ones that you get in a deli I'd say easily 9/10pp.

Tried the WW bolognese sauce (with red wine? Not sure if there are two separate ones!) last night and it was good. Didn't even bother throwing in any extra herbs, just some salt and pepper, and had onions and peppers with it too. Very tasty, will definitely be picking it up again.

There's only one and it's the with Red Wine one, had it myself last night, very tasty indeed :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

STS AGAIN this week. Disappointed but I know I should be happy after my heavy weekend. I am also taking comfort in the fact that my legs and back are sore and I have a cold so it is quite possible I have swollen muscles from my extra exercise this week. Anyway I have my week planned and I am determined to have a big loss next week.

Almost time for Friday cake but I have pointed it into my day (have no idea how many pp coz dunno what it is). I had an egg with Dunnes Better for You bread for breakfast and having a speigel with wafer thin chicken and salad at lunch and prawns with veg for tea so have about 18 pp for cake. I wont need all that Im sure.

I have a confirmation on Sunday and we are going out for lunch so I am saving all my weeklies for that. Tomorrow we will go for a few drinks in my OH's home town with his family and then sleep in my home house so I volunteered to drive and this time I can't drink no matter what as all the beds in my OH's home house are already full. I am going to try and take some time out from drink for a while as it is hindering my weightloss. I dont drink that often but recently I seem to drink cocktails and jagerbombs which are eating up all my weeklies and more. I will use my running as an excuse to anyone who asks.

Onwards and downwards.

Loughc wrote: »
    I downloaded the app about a month ago, anytime I scan something and manually pointed it, they've been the same. So the barcode scanner seems to be working.

I find alot of products are different from the WW books, remember the book is an average PP figure and not brand specific. And as well alot of food is becoming increasily reduced in size and fat which is lowering the NV in it which in return in lowering the points.

The 2013 version hasn't given me any problems to date.

Thanks Loughc, good to know. I supposed I was getting confused for example with the pasta...there is pasta 1 cup, pasta 1oz, pasta 100g. It doesn't say if its cooked or uncooked so I thought I might have a US version. I'll stick at it though!!

I always found it a great app - last night I opened the press & saw a bag of walkers crisps, thought I really needed/wanted them, scanned the barcode & saw they were 4pp - that soon got rid of the craving!!!!:(

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi,

I used to use the Ultimate Value Diary on my iPhone, I thought it was great and even better scanning the bar codes!

I downloaded the same App on Android well I am about to, but I was wondering if this is the right one as it never was available on the Android Market?

Thanks in Advance...

I've had it on my andriod for the past year at least.

What size sausage roll? Probably a lot more than you'd think :/ If it's one of the large ones that you get in a deli I'd say easily 9/10pp.

I just had one, although I could have easily had another one! Going to take it out of my weeklies :) But it was yummy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well my good run is taking a bashing this week! Been within points but smacking on chocolate which i haven't done in weeks.. blaming it on womanlys! they seem to be winning this week-Out for dinner now not the best pp option but i wrecking if i get it out my system and have a healthy weekend, I mite sts at weigh in!

Lost- Motivation.. If found please return it to shellybelly pronto!

granniecaz wrote: »
    I just had one, although I could have easily had another one! Going to take it out of my weeklies :) But it was yummy though!

Well the fact that you enjoyed it is the most important thing :D The worst thing is when you eat something high in PP and then realise afterwards it wasn't worth it. Damn, I'd love a sausage roll now :o Having a very light lunch today though to save PP for a big dinner I'm cooking for people tonight.

Actually does anyone else do that regularly? Save PP during the day to splurge out later? I do it a couple of times a week, if I've got things on, and my bf gives out to me for it and says it's counter productive! I know I should be spreading my PP as evenly as possible between my 3 meals, but I don't think doing it once or twice a week is that bad is it?

• Advertisement

Actually does anyone else do that regularly? Save PP during the day to splurge out later? I do it a couple of times a week, if I've got things on, and my bf gives out to me for it and says it's counter productive! I know I should be spreading my PP as evenly as possible between my 3 meals, but I don't think doing it once or twice a week is that bad is it?

I do it alot too if I have a meal out planned by just eating fruit instead of food that would add points, so that I won't go over. I find it is mostly the weekends that I do it though, as I desperately want to try and stay within my weeklies and daily. And I have had losses the weeks that I've done that.

Advertisement