Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well the fact that you enjoyed it is the most important thing :D The worst thing is when you eat something high in PP and then realise afterwards it wasn't worth it. Damn, I'd love a sausage roll now :o Having a very light lunch today though to save PP for a big dinner I'm cooking for people tonight.

Actually does anyone else do that regularly? Save PP during the day to splurge out later? I do it a couple of times a week, if I've got things on, and my bf gives out to me for it and says it's counter productive! I know I should be spreading my PP as evenly as possible between my 3 meals, but I don't think doing it once or twice a week is that bad is it?

I would say your boyfriend probably has a point.
    If you starve yourself during the day, your metabolism probably doesn't know when your going to get your next meal and maybe holds on to fat reserves...

no scientific fact on this assumption, just my thoughts....

Although, then you would assume the 5:2 diet wouldn't work, and it does appear to:confused:

Sorry not much help I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi again!

Just wondering am I correct in saying that 2 white ww bread =3 pp.

Also I can't remember what butter I am using, it's low fat and its a real butter I think, it was on offer for the last few weeks, can anyone fill me in as to what it is?

Much appreciated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lormuz wrote: »
    I would say your boyfriend probably has a point.
    If you starve yourself during the day, your metabolism probably doesn't know when your going to get your next meal and maybe holds on to fat reserves...

no scientific fact on this assumption, just my thoughts....

Although, then you would assume the 5:2 diet wouldn't work, and it does appear to:confused:

Sorry not much help I'm afraid!

It's not even the starving, it's also about the basics of nutritional healthy eating. He's very cynical of the WW plan and I can understand that, as he's studied nutrition in the past. I am at times myself cynical of it...although it has improved vastly since the old plan...but it is the only thing that's ever worked for me in the past so as I said in my first post here I'm going to be open minded :)

(Don't get me wrong about my bf, since I started back WW he's been nothing but supportive and although he has questioned things once or twice he keeps any criticisms to himself, even though I can tell sometimes that he wants to say something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Ps feeling like crap after my over indulgence! Its sitting in my stomach while i try to sleep!

My body can't handle the bad stuff anymore, not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

Nutritious food for me starting first thing in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So went back to class the other day! Wasn't up as much a I though! Came in from a really bad day in work absolutely starving to find my dad had cooked the steak I wanted to make a stirfry from! Was so close to ordering a takeaway but instead made my stirfry and added the cooked steak! Just wondering does anyone know the pp for steak cooked? Couldn't see it in the book?

• Advertisement

Katie7192 wrote: »
    So went back to class the other day! Wasn't up as much a I though! Came in from a really bad day in work absolutely starving to find my dad had cooked the steak I wanted to make a stirfry from! Was so close to ordering a takeaway but instead made my stirfry and added the cooked steak! Just wondering does anyone know the pp for steak cooked? Couldn't see it in the book?

Check the nutritional info on the pack and use the calculator on the WW site. You'll have to add extra for whatever oil it was cooked in!

Check the nutritional info on the pack and use the calculator on the WW site. You'll have to add extra for whatever oil it was cooked in!

I don't have the pack it was thrown out by the time I arrived home so have no way of calculating it. It was 60g cooked but no idea what this is in comparison to raw weight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I don't have the pack it was thrown out by the time I arrived home so have no way of calculating it. It was 60g cooked but no idea what this is in comparison to raw weight!

I know 227g raw is 7pp. I've no idea about cooked though!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Was it a regular size steak? If it was it was probably around 125/150g raw which would be about 4/5 points and then add whatever oil it was cooked in.

I'm just planning out me meals for the next week or so and I have a question. I have a party next Saturday which will have buffet food and finger food. Is it better to have a big meal that say to avoid eating at the party or a small meal so I can save points for the party. I probably won't be drinking, maybe one or two vodkas at most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I'm just planning out me meals for the next week or so and I have a question. I have a party next Saturday which will have buffet food and finger food. Is it better to have a big meal that say to avoid eating at the party or a small meal so I can save points for the party. I probably won't be drinking, maybe one or two vodkas at most.

It depends on your personality, and your will power really. If you're a person who would eat a big home cooked meal before the party, and then avoid eating the stuff at the buffet, then that's definitely the healthier option. If you're someone who would eat a big meal at home, and then still go to town on the nibbles at the party, then I'd have the smaller meal at home first.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Was it a regular size steak? If it was it was probably around 125/150g raw which would be about 4/5 points and then add whatever oil it was cooked in.

Yea it was a pretty regular piece of steak.. I've gone with 4pp so hopefully this covers it.. Wasn't cooked in oil so thankfully don't need to add for that

ck83 wrote: »
    It depends on your personality, and your will power really. If you're a person who would eat a big home cooked meal before the party, and then avoid eating the stuff at the buffet, then that's definitely the healthier option. If you're someone who would eat a big meal at home, and then still go to town on the nibbles at the party, then I'd have the smaller meal at home first.

Thanks I can be a mixture of both so I decided to plan for both and then see on the day what mood I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well, as I had reported mid week, my week had been filled with chocolate nibbles and bad choices!! mehhh!! I ended up out Saturday night and being very intoxicated as I haven't drank in so long.. to say I felt like crap yesterday was an understatement. I am still paying for it today.! I have made the decision to steer clear from alcohol for the foreseeable future.. My body really can't hack it anymore.

I have weigh in tonight and I cam dreading it.. but I am going to take my own advice and go to get weighed it.. Draw a big fat line under the week and get back on the wagon.. for good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I have weigh in tonight and I cam dreading it.. but I am going to take my own advice and go to get weighed it.. Draw a big fat line under the week and get back on the wagon.. for good!

It's never as bad as we think!

I'm the same with drink. I'd estimate I'd drink 10 times a year. Including birthdays, Xmas and new year. When I do I'm normally so ill the next day And can't function.

Morning all. It's been quiet this weekend in here! My weekend wouldn't have been too bad except for damn profiteroles (sp?) I'd people over for dinner on Friday and they brought a cheesecake and profiteroles. I had a small slice of cheesecake on the night and managed to avoid that for the rest of the weekend. But over Saturday and Sunday I polished the profiteroles off :( Think I ate about 7 or 8 of them, just scoffing when I was going to the fridge. Should have thrown them out!!!!

Went for a long walk in the Phoenix park yesterday but not nearly long enough to burn off those lovely profiteroles :o Obviously didn't bother pointing them so no idea how much I was over by. So my silver seven isn't looking too good for Wednesday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

My weekend went surprisingly well. Hoping to get my first mini goal on Wednesday!

Hi ladies and lads!

Wondering if people could post the blogs that one or two of you had mentioned.....
    I didn't do greatly with points over the weekend and my 49 are gone, but I am doing a hell of a lot better than I was the last few weeks.

Being honest I think I have an eating disorder! There is such a thing as overeating isn't there? I had to go to the doctor last week (again) as I was suffering in severe pain so I'm on meds for a month......

Glad I changed classes too. My leader is young fun and motivational!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

My weekend wasn't great. It was our anniversary and I also have family drama going on so all I want is chocolate.

We'll see Wednesday I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Boo to stupid Irish weather. Got a bad cold from Friday so been dying all weekend. My OH got it too and it killed his appetite. Me - not so much. I was doing well Saturday until the afternoon and then scoffed a whole packet of WW caramel pink and whites. I need to stop buying sweet stuff. Its just if I don't, I eat the OH's stuff instead and it is not WW friendly. Anyway had a confirmation yesterday and did ok. I had scrambled eggs and Mam's brown bread for breakfast and then lunch I had soup and beef. I didnt finish the main. I could have had melon for starter but I really wanted something hot and comforting with my cold. I didnt have any desert but tried the cake my OH's sister had made as she'd put in so much effort. It was a galaxy cake and it was divine but I'd hate to think how high the pp were. Anyway when we were leaving, my OH's dad wrapped up some cake for us to bring home but when I was hugging people goodbye, I left it down and forgot all about it. Thank God as I definitely would've eaten it all myself!

Despite my bad food weekend, I had a massive Non-Scales Victory (NSV!) in that lots of photos were taken and I was so happy with how I looked. You can really see the weightloss on my face and waist so even though I had STS for the last few weeks, I think I am toning up. I look much better than I did at a wedding in October despite having lost very little scales wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi all. Weekend was my worst yet, foodwise, since I rejoined, but having said that, didn't have any alcohol. Slightly lost the run of myself and allowed myself treats which I knew would bring me over my points. So I'm dreading this evenings weigh in, but still going to go and going to stay for the meeting to try and re-motivate myself. Feeling slightly sorry for myself because of exams coming up, but I need to get back into the right mindset!!

Hope everyone has a good week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Had an ok weekend...ended up in Supermac's saturday night but I did stay within my weeklies. I too stuffed my face with profiteroles yesterday (tesco have yummy one's with belgian chocolate!!!)

WI tomorrow but think I should be down so here's hoping!

Have a great week everyone

Natmus wrote: »
    Had an ok weekend...ended up in Supermac's saturday night but I did stay within my weeklies. I too stuffed my face with profiteroles yesterday (tesco have yummy one's with belgian chocolate!!!)

WI tomorrow but think I should be down so here's hoping!

Have a great week everyone

They're the ones I had!!! Delicious balls of crack...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One of the girls in work brought in a huge chocolate cake she made over the weekend. Everyone is eating it and I'm sitting here drinking water why repeating WI is tomorrow in my head over and over! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Loughc wrote: »
    One of the girls in work brought in a huge chocolate cake she made over the weekend. Everyone is eating it and I'm sitting here drinking water why repeating WI is tomorrow in my head over and over! :p

You're so strong!

So weekend was no as good as I hoped! :( Saturday was fine went over my PP and used some weeklies but that was fine I had planned that! But yesterday in work it was do busy and I never got a break so just got 2 sausages from the Deli and had some brown bread. I knew it eoul be high PP but there was nothing I could do about it! Then last night I ended up haivng some chineese ( not much prob 1/3 portion of Chicken Curry & Chips) but I also had a chocolate brownie and loads of crap! Now I only have 10PP left and I have a work function on wednesday and there will prob be loads of nibbles and drinks etc so worrying about staying within my points. Im also missing class because of this but I am going on Thursday morning.. Not the start I had hoped for when rejoining last week but hopefully I atill have a loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How do you keep track of your points? Do you use a paper tracker from WW class or the WW calculator or an app on your phone? What do you find works best for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I use the tracker we get in class. I just find it easier & quicker to write it all down in there.

I use the tracker we get in class.. I had the app on my phone but didn't like it.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

Just wondering does anyone sort of suffer from anxiety if they might not have had enough to eat before exercise?

I dunno why I have a fear that I will pass out!

Advertisement