Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I use the tracker from class, I track 100% on weekdays because I'm in a routine but at the weekends I kind of track in my head and hope for the best...bad idea!

I saw a couple of people discussing an app in here the other day that they found good, but can't remember the name. Any recommendations? I don't mind paying for one if it's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi again,

Just wondering does anyone sort of suffer from anxiety if they might not have had enough to eat before exercise?

I dunno why I have a fear that I will pass out!

I suffer really badly from anxiety and used to get regular panicattacks/dizzy spells/difficulty breathing. We do pilates on a friday morning in work and the first week we did this back in september i got a really bad panic attack/dizzy spell doing it. I was mortified as I had only started in the job a month before hand.
    The best thing to do is just remove your self from the class - find a quiet place to sit down and elevate your legs and just get control of things. The more attention you bring to it I find the worse it gets.

I have found over the past 8 months the fitter i get the less this has been an issue for me. I still have occasional anxiety attacks but never while exercising - more related to work/life things.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all, just back from my holiday! Had a fabulous time, lovely weather and really got to relax. However, I am very very worried about my weigh in... I was in Spain and while I tried to make good choices as much as possible, and kept up running, most of the food was absolutely drenched in lovely olive oil ;-) so millions of hidden points. And then we went to supermacs on the way back from the airport after an unpleasant flight and I had garlic cheese chips, which I'm very disappointed with... Tired and cold didn't lead to a good decision.

How is everyone here? I'm going to need lots of willpower and support getting back into weight watching again after my week so I feel I'll be checking in a lot in the next while ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

For tracking I use the WW Journal. I'm on my last week of one so fingers crossed my leader has some this week. I find it great I have to say. I found that I kept losing the little tracker. If my leader has no journals I may download an app. Wanted to get the Ultimate Value Diary that people were mentioning here but I can't find it in the Play Store.

Had a bit of an odd weekend. I didn't actually track points but I tried to choose wisely. I was away in Mullingar at the weekend. Friday I had my usual cereal, a sandwich (which was around 6PP) and then I got a train and had a chicken club ciabatta in Connolly Station that evening.

Saturday and Sunday had a bowl of cornflakes, a slice of toast and some orange juice for breakfast. The rest of the time I just tried to choose what I thought would be lower PP options. Also had a social event on Saturday evening. I usually have Jameson and coke but I switched to Diet Coke. There was no real choice with the dinner.

Sat:
    Breakfast
    Mini croissant
    Lunch - veggie wrap (small), 1 small sandwich, tea
    Tea break - cup of tea
    Social event dinner - salad, BNS soup, roast beef and veg with gravy, fruit crumble and icecream
    4-5 Jameson with diet coke
    Glass of white wine

Sun:
    Breakfast
    Lunch - small wrap and tea
    Dinner - spaghetti carbonara in La Guitarra in Mullingar
    Golly bar in Heuston Station
    Can of diet coke

So how did I go? :o

I think I overdid it a little. Going to head off for a long walk this evening and tomorrow evening before WI. I'm not looking forward to it but it's better to go to WI I think. Need to do a blog entry soon too but don't have a topic in mind yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To track I use the WW tracker provided every week.

I track everything and everyday and try to track a day in advance where possible, it leaves no room to go off the rails. If you track everyday its easier to see where you're going wrong and harder to lose focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I do get panic attacks and have very bad anxiety, since I had my baby. Took 2 years to get back to work - I couldn't even leave the house, so this is a new thing for me, again, learning how to walk again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I bought a little notebook over the weekend as I was using the ultimate diary app but I found it doesn't calculate the breakfast, lunch, dinner points correctly. So I kept thinking I had a few spare points left as it was reeling me until I calculated it manually. I find the notebook great and I can bring it into work with me and no-one knows what it is. I planned my meals for the week on Saturday and I write it in my tracker in pencil that way if anything changes during the week, I can easily change it.

I also had cake in work today but I am proud if myself for saying no. While my first class was on Thursday, I'll admit I'm only really starting today. I spent the weekend getting familiar with the programme again. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage over the weekend as I'd love a nice loss at my first WI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

People who don't track are so lucky that they can get away with it. I track 7 days a week and the only time I don't track is after weigh in Tuesday when I have a treat meal. I never go over my dailies and use my weeklies for my treat meal.

At that I'm still not having amazing losses. If I didn't track I'd 100% have a gain. I make a weekly dinner list after each weigh in and stick to it the entire week without fail including weekends. I'm always so shocked at meetings when people admit they haven't tracked in weeks or months. That's not using the program. You need to use it to lose it. Always seems to be the same people and then they complain WW doesn't work. Don't get me wrong I've been doing WW years and I've fallen off the wagon many times but when I do I admit to myself that's my fault and I can pinpoint where I'm going wrong when I track.

When you bite it, write it!
    When you snack it, track it!
    When you nibble it, scribble it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Is the Ultimate Food Diary and the Ultimate Value Diary the same thing? When you talk about scanning barcodes, does this show you the pp of the food or the nutritional information?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Jwacqui wrote: »
    It's never as bad as we think!

I'm the same with drink. I'd estimate I'd drink 10 times a year. Including birthdays, Xmas and new year. When I do I'm normally so ill the next day And can't function.

Couldn't agree with you more.. still struggled today! Just not worth it and almost becomes no longer enjoyable when you have to suffer next day!

Went to weigh in and am up 1.4kg.. :( still down 5kg though over 6 weeks bk so npt so bad.. was definitely my first dodgy week so that's quite a good average..!! Determined to kick that 1.4kg off next week.. Planned my food for the week and made some yummy cheese an veggie fritters for lunches :)

Everyone that didn't think they did great go to your meeting.. it is always worth it! I knew I was up tonight but now I know how to approach it and how I can get a good number next week..

Have a great week everyone :D

People who don't track are so lucky that they can get away with it. I track 7 days a week and the only time I don't track is after weigh in Tuesday when I have a treat meal. I never go over my dailies and use my weeklies for my treat meal.

At that I'm still not having amazing losses. If I didn't track I'd 100% have a gain. I make a weekly dinner list after each weigh in and stick to it the entire week without fail including weekends. I'm always so shocked at meetings when people admit they haven't tracked in weeks or months. That's not using the program. You need to use it to lose it. Always seems to be the same people and then they complain WW doesn't work. Don't get me wrong I've been doing WW years and I've fallen off the wagon many times but when I do I admit to myself that's my fault and I can pinpoint where I'm going wrong when I track.

I was thinking the same at my meeting last week when the leader was asking people if they tracked and most of the people she asked either said no, or shrugged and said not really. What's the point in doing WW then? If you think you can lose weight without tracking and pointing everything, then don't bother paying your €10 a week and just stick to what you're doing and weigh yourself at home! I think a lot of people just hope for the best, and then moan when it doesn't work out for them.

Admittedly my tracking can fall by the wayside at weekends. I try and keep a tally in my head but I know myself that it's not the right thing to do...there are always a few things that will slip through the net. When I see my food diary and points written down in black and white, it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I think a lot of people just hope for the best, and then moan when it doesn't work out for them.

I see that constantly at meetings! Again it happens and I've been there some weeks but I know I need a reality check and can't moan because its my own responsibility what I put in my mouth. And if its good great but if its bad its nobody's fault but my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I see that constantly at meetings! Again it happens and I've been there some weeks but I know I need a reality check and can't moan because its my own responsibility what I put in my mouth. And if its good great but if its bad its nobody's fault but my own.

I'm exactly the same. Like yesterday, I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself so thought 'well I'm over already, so why not have another chocolate bar?!' But I expect to be up tonight and rather than feeling sorry for myself, this it will give me a major kick up the behind! I know I can get rid of the weight if I stick to it. Just have to keep motivated!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Hi everyone! I was down 2.5lbs on saturday which brought me down to a stone and a half (and a half lol). So so happy with myself, iv been trying on dresses in size 12 THAT FIT and I get so excited I keep buying them even though I cant afford them haha.. its such a good feeling! Im worried about next week though as it will be my totm PLUS im on antibiotics for the week and iv seen on here that can make you go up loads? Totm has never had any effect on the scales for me before its more the antibiotics im worried about! I know it will all be gone again afterwards but il still feel like crap if iv been good all week and the scales says im up half a stone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

For me (more or less in maintenance) I don't track as rigorously anymore. I feel like I've learned a lot about nutrition and portion sizes over the last while and I generally stick to my points most days of the week. I do go back to tracking on weeks like this one, where I need to reign it in after indulgence.

I suppose I have no interest in tracking for life. I don't want to be a slave to the little green leaflet every week. I want to learn how to make eating well eating normally, so I do find I track less as time is going on.

I will never stop weighing my carbs and cheese though, and measuring any oils. That is the habit I really need to maintain ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Couldn't agree more!

I just couldn't maintain or expect a weight loss without tracking.

There's not much point doing ww if u don't use the tracker.

Was down 2lbs last week and 2.5 today which brings me my 2nd silver 7 and my first stone! I couldn't be happier!

All the best for the coming week everybody! :)

When I was reading back over some old posts, your dedication stood out. It was seeing how well you are doing that inspired me to rejoin. I am having a tough first week so far but no matter what I am going to my weigh in on Thursday. When I did WW before if I was even a little bit off track I would be up or stay the same. It used to upset me when I see people get 4/5lb losses after having Dominos etc at the weekend. This time I am doing it for myself and no-one else so if I have a bad weekend then so be it, I have a good one next weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm not having a good week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Couldn't agree more!

I just couldn't maintain or expect a weight loss without tracking.

There's not much point doing ww if u don't use the tracker.

Was down 2lbs last week and 2.5 today which brings me my 2nd silver 7 and my first stone! I couldn't be happier!

All the best for the coming week everybody! :)

Both of you are spot on.. I NEED to track to see results- and rigidly at that.! I am waiting to get paid to top my phone up as my app is not accessible when Iv no internet on my phone.. so I am doing it manually until then!

It has to be done.. this time round i find myself been much more meticulous with it.. and again when I am sticking to it I am seeing good results.. It definitely works!

Those who don't are just kidding themselves and they will find it hard to maintain good losses in the long term!

I have to wear a bikini on a trip to Gold Coast in like 10 days.... HELP :D

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the points for small cinema popcorn? I might be going to the cinema after work and if I do I won't be able to get dinner beforehand. I was thinking popcorn might be the best optionin that case?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the points for small cinema popcorn? I might be going to the cinema after work and if I do I won't be able to get dinner beforehand. I was thinking popcorn might be the best optionin that case?

I'm a cinema manager and I've weighed and pointed our popcorn.
    Small: 7
    Medium: 12
    Large: 18

Duffy89 wrote: »
    When I was reading back over some old posts, your dedication stood out. It was seeing how well you are doing that inspired me to rejoin. I am having a tough first week so far but no matter what I am going to my weigh in on Thursday. When I did WW before if I was even a little bit off track I would be up or stay the same. It used to upset me when I see people get 4/5lb losses after having Dominos etc at the weekend. This time I am doing it for myself and no-one else so if I have a bad weekend then so be it, I have a good one next weekend :D

Thank you! It was down to dedication through food and bad I lost 5 stone. Unfortunately I did fall off the wagon majorly and gain 2 back. Kicked myself for ages but there is no point. Best thing is to keep motivated and commited. Every little bit helps, and all I keep saying in my head is 1lb per week! That's goal in less than a year.

You are dead right. Just keep going no matter what x

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Sometimes the way weight loss works seriously confuses me! Went to WI last night and was down 2&half lbs. I had a STS last week which seriously annoyed me, so think it might be a combination of the two weeks. But I really didn't deserve a loss. It takes away a bit of the guilt of the chipper I indulged in to vent my frustration last week! So now down 10lbs in 5weeks and reached my 5% last night. Was so thrilled. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me next week!

I have a hen party this sunday night but going to try and save all my weeklies for that, although I am visiting home and I know my parents will be cooking my lovely meals! They won't make it easy for me! Good luck everyone this week, ye are all doing so so well :)

I'm really not feeling good about WI tomorrow. It's times like this that I do miss having my scales at home just so I could have an idea of how I'm getting on!!

Well done on this week grannicaz. I agree, sometimes it doesn't make sense. A week is a very short time though, and a good/bad week mightn't show on the scales until the following week. Personally in my head I look at my progress in 4-week stages. So I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks, but even if I STS the next two weeks, I'll still have lost 6lbs in 4 weeks which is good (although obviously I'd be a little disappointed :D)

Good luck to those with WI today!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

So I was down 1/4 lb this morning - i know, i know, probably shouldn't count that, but my scales measure to 1/4lbs, so I'm taking it!!!

Am a bit annoyed with myself if i'm honest. I was really good all week, stayed within points all until sunday..
    we had been doing gardening all weekend and so sunday evening came and i only had 7 weeklies left, and 10 dailes, but still couldn't face cooking, so went out for an early bird...
    was definately more than 17 points... so that's what did me.
    But sometimes you make these choices and you have to live with them.....

Now this weekend is a bank holiday, which are always a killer, i need the structure of a working week to keep me on track..

it's also my birthday, and i'm having a party, so need to prepare myself for a bad result next week.
    I think i just need to exercise loads to compensate!

Thank you! It was down to dedication through food and bad I lost 5 stone. Unfortunately I did fall off the wagon majorly and gain 2 back. Kicked myself for ages but there is no point. Best thing is to keep motivated and commited. Every little bit helps, and all I keep saying in my head is 1lb per week! That's goal in less than a year.

You are dead right. Just keep going no matter what x

I also regained around 2 stone which was what I had lost the first time. At least you only regained 2 rather than the 5. If you can lose 5 stone you can definitely lose 2 again :)

Thanks for the popcorn details. A small is not bad for 7 points. It'll definitely keep me going until I get home.

I don't know whether its good or bad thing to have my WI on Thursday. On
    one hand it allows time to recover after the weekend on the other, I wish Thursday would hurry up. I've no idea what to expect after the weekend and my TOTM arrived this morning :( How do people normally do during that week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I am so annoyed at myself. I am my own worst enemy. Came home from work yesterday with 13pp left. I made prawns(2pp), Golden Sunrise Noodles (3pp), Philidelphia (1pp) and veg (0pp). I didnt go to training as I was still feeling fairly sick from my cold. So ate my dinner and then had 7pp for treats (I know I shouldve used them on something more nutritious but the cold blinded my good sense). So I had a mini roll and a chocolate yoghurt at 3pp each. Then all hell broke loose and I went on a massive binge. I feel as sick as a dog today and I am so so mad. What the hell is wrong with me? I am already battling a heavy weekend. Grr! I have be faffing about so much over the last few weeks and I need to pull it together and cop on! I am totally wrecked today from the cold and feel sick from the binge. I am going to do 2/500 today to detox my body and try and start again. I also need to identify my triggers - tiredness and boredom. Last night was a combination of both esp as my OH was in bed sick so I had no-one to entertain me or stop me. I need to cop on and make better decisions for my body.

/Rant

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Loughc wrote: »
    One of the girls in work brought in a huge chocolate cake she made over the weekend. Everyone is eating it and I'm sitting here drinking water why repeating WI is tomorrow in my head over and over! :p

Now that's willpower...well done you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

CavanGal wrote: »
    I am so annoyed at myself. I am my own worst enemy. Came home from work yesterday with 13pp left. I made prawns(2pp), Golden Sunrise Noodles (3pp), Philidelphia (1pp) and veg (0pp). I didnt go to training as I was still feeling fairly sick from my cold. So ate my dinner and then had 7pp for treats (I know I shouldve used them on something more nutritious but the cold blinded my good sense). So I had a mini roll and a chocolate yoghurt at 3pp each. Then all hell broke loose and I went on a massive binge. I feel as sick as a dog today and I am so so mad. What the hell is wrong with me? I am already battling a heavy weekend. Grr! I have be faffing about so much over the last few weeks and I need to pull it together and cop on! I am totally wrecked today from the cold and feel sick from the binge. I am going to do 2/500 today to detox my body and try and start again. I also need to identify my triggers - tiredness and boredom. Last night was a combination of both esp as my OH was in bed sick so I had no-one to entertain me or stop me. I need to cop on and make better decisions for my body.

/Rant

Honestly? I'd quit with the 500 days because it reads to me that you are relying on these to offset any bingy days you have. If I were you I'd bin that idea for a full month and stick to and track your points rigidly for a full month and see if it shows on the scales at the weigh in.

In the three times I've done ww in my experience when it wasn't working for me the reason was I wasn't doing it properly, it was that simple.

Don't bear yourself up about it, dust yourself off, forget about the binge and start afresh today :)

Advertisement