Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tonight and I am dreading it but instead of skipping I'm just going to go. I'll draw a line under this week and start again tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

At an earlier WI as we are celebrating jwacqui's end of exams later! :-)

I lost 1lb AGAIN! Haha. Seriously it's been 4 weeks in a row of being down a pound. But at least it's chipping away at my goal! Up to 10.5lbs down in the last 7 weeks now.

Jwacqui lost 2lbs :D yay! Best of luck to everyone WI in tonight! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Loughc wrote: »

I lost 1lb AGAIN! Haha. Seriously it's been 4 weeks in a row of being down a pound. But at least it's chipping away at my goal! Up to 10.5lbs down in the last 7 weeks now.

Well done to you both, and enjoy the celebrations!

I forgot to bring my wraps in for work today...I brought my chicken, peppers, spinach and everything else. So I went out and bought a soft white roll, probably about the same length as a demi baguette. However I don't have my book with me, does anyone know how many points is in that? I cut a quarter of it off as it was so big, and I pulled a good chunk of the bread out of the middle when I cut it open too. My large wrap from Aldi is 5PP, what I had is probably less and it was lovely, toasted it on the panini toaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My 'getting back into it ' week has begun well, I'm happy to report! Making good choices overall and made a gorgeous risotto last night - the whole thing was 22 pp, I managed to stop at half, and then I will use the other half to stuff a pepper with tonight - I always thought risotto would be really creamy and bad for ww, but it seems to have been a good choice.

I still feel that WI tomorrow will be disaster central, but I was chatting to my mum, who reminded me that everyone has treats on holidays, most people put on a few lbs and then they go back to normal and lose them again. So I am going to face facts and here's to finally getting to my goal weight!!

Well done on the losses this week everyone - remember that a pound a week is four stone a year - celebrate every minus!!

Ibarelycare - a Demi baguette is about 10pp (I think). So maybe a quarter of that bread roll is 3pp - maximum? Maybe even 2 because you pulled the bread out? Fr me, if I did that, I would eat the whole thing - bread rolls are y favourite! Good on you for maintaining your willpower ;-)

Ibarelycare - a Demi baguette is about 10pp (I think). So maybe a quarter of that bread roll is 3pp - maximum? Maybe even 2 because you pulled the bread out? Fr me, if I did that, I would eat the whole thing - bread rolls are y favourite! Good on you for maintaining your willpower ;-)

Haha I should have been more clear, I pulled a quarter of it off and ate the other three quarters :D:D Gosh 10pp is so much! I don't eat bread that often so I don't really pay attention to how much is in it.

There was no nutritional info as I just bought the roll from the deli counter. I checked the Tesco website and pointed a soft white roll as 4PP but I think they're the smaller ones, so I'd say the whole roll was 8PP. I'm going to put it down as 6, just to be on the safe side, but I'd say it was less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Loughc wrote: »

Woo!! So happy! 9.5lb in 7 weeks delighted! I dropped my points to 30 last week as I only lost half. Delighted I did as I'm down to 30 after weigh in! Good day all round! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Honestly? I'd quit with the 500 days because it reads to me that you are relying on these to offset any bingy days you have. If I were you I'd bin that idea for a full month and stick to and track your points rigidly for a full month and see if it shows on the scales at the weigh in.

In the three times I've done ww in my experience when it wasn't working for me the reason was I wasn't doing it properly, it was that simple.

Don't bear yourself up about it, dust yourself off, forget about the binge and start afresh today :)

Thanks Sittingpretty. I actually havent done a 2/500 in a few weeks. I completely agree that I am not doing it properly at the moment. That's why I am so mad with myself. I don't know what came over me last night especially because as I munched away, I told myself that I was going to feel like this today. I could have saved the weekend as I was pretty good besides the lunch out and I had my weeklies for that. Anyway between being sick and the binge, I feel like crap today and I am not very hungry either. I am just trying to eat good food. So far I have had egg and toast, salad and fruit with tea and water. Its more about a detox than weightloss.

I actually point quite well - I pointed yesterday and knew I had used all my points but I binged anyway. I then pointed the binge! Anyway a blip is a blip is a blip. I will rein it in and cop on from now on.

In other news, ran 3.5k today which is less than last Thursday but my goodness it was tough. I didn't realise being sick would effect me so much. I nearly died and just made it back to work by the skin of my teeth. My whole body was in bits. I think the weekend and Monday of rich food didn't help either but I am so glad I went.

Well done everyone on the losses and best of luck to everyone still to weigh in. I have a feeling I'll be up but I'd be ecstatic if I STS.

Have a bit of an idea for this week's blog entry but not quite sure if I'll go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done everyone on the losses and best of luck to everyone still to weigh in. I have a feeling I'll be up but I'd be ecstatic if I STS.

Have a bit of an idea for this week's blog entry but not quite sure if I'll go ahead with it.

Would you mind posting a link to your blog please? I set up one myself after reading a few random ones but I'd like to read some of the ones on her :) I'm curious as to what the post for tonight is about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I have had a great week but am still terrified of WI - I find that since I have really started getting serious about exercise I just cant predict what WI is going to bring. My body is looking better than it did the day I reached goal, so even if I havent lost that lb to get me back within my 5lbs I am clinging onto that.

I know i cant give up the exercise and the results will show eventually on the scales but I do not want to be payng for WI's for very long. All I can do is hope......

• Advertisement

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Would you mind posting a link to your blog please? I set up one myself after reading a few random ones but I'd like to read some of the ones on her :) I'm curious as to what the post for tonight is about :D

Sure, no problem. It's http://janeswwjourney2013.blogspot.ie/

I'm not sure what the entry is going to be about tbh. But I probably will do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

CavanGal wrote: »
    Its more about a detox than weightloss.

What do you mean by detox?
    If you mean, I ate "bad" food and therefore I need to cleanse my body with fruit and water and special tea - then you know that's a whole crock of ****te, right?
    There has never been any scientific proof that "detoxing" does anything. All things teas and diet that claim to remove harmful toxins is a whole load of me arse (IMO).
    None of these things ever suggest what the harmful toxins one must remove are.

What do you mean by detox?
    If you mean, I ate "bad" food and therefore I need to cleanse my body with fruit and water and special tea - then you know that's a whole crock of ****te, right?
    There has never been any scientific proof that "detoxing" does anything. All things teas and diet that claim to remove harmful toxins is a whole load of me arse (IMO).
    None of these things ever suggest what the harmful toxins one must remove are.

Tea being normal tea with milk. Nowt special about it. When I say detox, I mean I overate yesterday so today my body needs less calories to function so I eat less. Its not the WW way but it works for me as I feel sluggish, bloated and full today. Its the same as someone who was at a wedding or a big meal might take it easy the next day as they still feel full from the day before. When I've done 2/500 before I feel all the better for it and others who have done it feel the same according to the thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. Just the industry that has built up around detoxing and all that rubbish kinda annoys me. This kind of rubbish http://life.gaiam.com/article/10-ways-detoxify-your-body

To me eating less after a blow out is just listening to your body and not over eating. (Jaysus that sounds sanctimonious, totally not what I mean)
    I was out for dinner last week and I was surprise at how full I felt and ho wI couldn't finish stuff. Normally/Previously I would have eaten what was on my plate. After three months of WW I find I can physically eat less. (Unless I'm hungover or pre-menstrual)

Half a pound down. Well surprised is an understatement!!! :D

CavanGal wrote: »
    Tea being normal tea with milk. Nowt special about it. When I say detox, I mean I overate yesterday so today my body needs less calories to function so I eat less. Its not the WW way but it works for me as I feel sluggish, bloated and full today. Its the same as someone who was at a wedding or a big meal might take it easy the next day as they still feel full from the day before. When I've done 2/500 before I feel all the better for it and others who have done it feel the same according to the thread anyway.

I agree. It doesn't necessarily have to be 500 calories but I think if you eat healthy after eating particularly bad, you will feel better, more energised and mentally it will help keep you motivated for weight loss.

Does anyone have a nice burger recipe? I'm a cooking novice but I want to try cooking from scratch this time as last time I was eating the same low point foods all the time.

Does anyone have a nice burger recipe? I'm a cooking novice but I want to try cooking from scratch this time as last time I was eating the same low point foods all the time.

You could try turkey burgers. Mix turkey mince (Tesco do a mince that isn't from turkey breast and it's better IMO. The breast is too dry as very little fat) with finely chopped onions, fresh parsley, chilli and salt and pepper. Bind together, you might need an egg white if you're using turkey breast mince, but if not use a tiny sprinkle of flower to bind well. Spray a little low-cal spray on some tin foil on your grill and cook. Great with sweet chilli or Frank's hot sauce!

I made turkey meatballs tonight in a tomato, chilli and chorizo sauce, with rosemary and garlic potato cubes. Massive and unbelievably tasty dinner for 14PP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I normally just mix 125g mince per person, salt and pepper, smoked paprika, tomato purée and parsley.
    Then make a patty, fry it on the pan each side for a moment. Then in the oven. 4propoints.

I also make a chicken burger. Butterfly a chicken fillet, marinade each fillet in 20g nandos marinade. 4propoints.

Speigals are 2pro points and I use this for a bun. 15g grated low fat cheese is one if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Google Jamie Oliver's cracking burgers. I think they work out at about 6pp- I'm sure hog could make them smaller for less pp. they are YUM! Or the hairy dieters have a recipe in their book too- I've never tried it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Thank you! It was down to dedication through food and bad I lost 5 stone. Unfortunately I did fall off the wagon majorly and gain 2 back. Kicked myself for ages but there is no point. Best thing is to keep motivated and commited. Every little bit helps, and all I keep saying in my head is 1lb per week! That's goal in less than a year.

You are dead right. Just keep going no matter what x

Jwacqui.. me and you are in a very similar boat I lost 4 stone.. spent about 2 yrs kicking myself for gaining around half back.. now I am back to it about 6/7 weeks.. 7th WI next week..! and doing well this time around.. I wish so much I had have bit the bullet and came bk to WW sooner...! :D Well done on your weight loss too :)

Originally Posted by Duffy89 viewpost.gif
    Does anyone have a nice burger recipe? I'm a cooking novice but I want to try cooking from scratch this time as last time I was eating the same low point foods all the time

I also make turkey mince patties or meat balls.. I measure out maybe 150g-200g raw mince for me and make it into a patty with herbs and spices yummy and low in PP.

I find making new foods and yummy new recipes keeps me on track! :)

ps- the fritters for lunch this week are amazing :) and 4pp each!

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. Just the industry that has built up around detoxing and all that rubbish kinda annoys me. This kind of rubbish http://life.gaiam.com/article/10-ways-detoxify-your-body

To me eating less after a blow out is just listening to your body and not over eating. (Jaysus that sounds sanctimonious, totally not what I mean)
    I was out for dinner last week and I was surprise at how full I felt and ho wI couldn't finish stuff. Normally/Previously I would have eaten what was on my plate. After three months of WW I find I can physically eat less. (Unless I'm hungover or pre-menstrual)

No, I am definitely not into that kind of detox stuff. I feel the same now -that I can eat less than I used to which is part of the reason I felt so crap yesterday.

I still feel crap today but its because of my cold which I can't seem to kick. My whole body is aching and rundown and I have a match this evening - I think I may die. Oh well at least WW wont be a worry then ;)

ps- the fritters for lunch this week are amazing :) and 4pp each!

What is the recipe for the fritters? Do you need to heat them up before you eat them? I dont have access to a microwave at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Down 2lbs last night - delighted to be back within goal range and planning on never going outside of it again. Need to keep it up this week. Bank holiday is tough and planning an outing for afternoon tea but will use all my weeklies for that. Also doing the mini marathon on mondayso no drinking for me this weekend. Feeling good about it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Just wondering if anyone has used xenical in conjunction with WW? I have been on it for a few weeks and found that I have lost nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Got TOTM, felt bloated and rotten and didn't want to go to WI last night! Also when I stood on my home scales before the meeting I was up 1lb. Dragged my ass into WI & was delighted to be down 1lb!!

Also doing the mini marathon on Monday so no alcohol over the weekend so hopefully that will help me for next weeks WI.

At cavangal: I also had a MAJOR binge a few weeks back - ate everything in the fridge, disgusted at myself, felt crap the following day etc...I can say now that it was one of the best things I did because the guilt the following day gave me a good kick and got me back on track, so don't worry about it - life's to short!!

Natmus I'm doing the mini marathon as well. I'm hoping to complete it in under 1hr 45min. Best of luck with it! :)

Natmus wrote: »
    At cavangal: I also had a MAJOR binge a few weeks back - ate everything in the fridge, disgusted at myself, felt crap the following day etc...I can say now that it was one of the best things I did because the guilt the following day gave me a good kick and got me back on track, so don't worry about it - life's to short!!

Thanks Natmus. Just read the Skinny Doll's blog and one point she made was to identify emotions and learn to deal with them without resorting to food. I know my binge was related to being tired and feeling crap, boredom and feeling sorry for myself. Next time I will do my nails or, heaven forbid, clean to avoid a binge. Lesson learnt. Feeling better in the belly today even if the rest of me doesn't. :o

We have our monthly lunch meeting at 1pm but I have only had breakfast and fruit and am having 2pp cod and BNS chips for dinner so I am sorted. I find it so hard to point little triangle sandwiches and half wraps. Also the meetings are terribly boring and it makes it tempting to eat more than I should. :rolleyes: I am looking forward to a restful weekend. I have a 21st on Friday but it is in the middle of nowhere so I am going to volunteer to be the driver and if anyone asks, cough, sniffle, I am on antibiotics so can't drink. A white lie to avoid the whole "Oh go on have a drink, sure you can stay on the couch" conversation. I also might want to escape as I think Im a little old for 21sts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I WAS ONLY UP HALF A POUND!

You know, I never thought I'd celebrate a gain, but I'd really resigned myself to the fact that I would gain weight on my holidays - half a pound is NOTHING when you're expecting 4 or 5! Still within two pounds of my goal weight and I'm really, really on track so far this week. I have the house packed with healthy food, I went for a run last night and really enjoyed it, and feeling quite positive. The Bank Holiday will be a nightmare, it always is, but if I just over prepare (I think I'm going to do a big massive veggie curry and nibble away at that for the week) I will be sorted. Onwards and downwards everyone!

Natmus and Cavangal - I totally have the same experiences as you guys when it comes to overindulging. Having had a great holiday (including garlic cheese chips the night I came home) I'm really motivated right now to follow the program and eat healthily. I think that there will always be the night or day that you over indulge, but its about getting back on the horse the next day and not turning a bad day into a bad week or a month!

HUGE luck to the mini marathon people. I am doing a ten k next weekend (my first) and while I'm not sure I'll be able to jog the whole thing I am going to try very very hard. Sort of excited about it (I had a really enjoyable run last night where I even saw a fox!).

• Advertisement

Wish I could jog the mini marathon. I might do that next year :)

Advertisement