Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I agree. It doesn't necessarily have to be 500 calories but I think if you eat healthy after eating particularly bad, you will feel better, more energised and mentally it will help keep you motivated for weight loss.

Definitely agree here, as I've said before Tuesday is my treat meal day and by a Wednesday morning I feel so bloated and full. Its nice to eat less and have loads of water! I've already had 2.5litrese today.
    Jwacqui.. me and you are in a very similar boat I lost 4 stone.. spent about 2 yrs kicking myself for gaining around half back.. now I am back to it about 6/7 weeks.. 7th WI next week..! and doing well this time around.. I wish so much I had have bit the bullet and came bk to WW sooner...! :D Well done on your weight loss too :)

Its hard losing weight for the second time. I was 17st 1lb when I started and my lowest was 12st 2lb.
    I'm now 7 weeks back on track and 14st 1lb. I think everytime I lose weigh I appreciate it more! I can already see the difference in my clothes and feel great, crazy to imagine I was nearly 2stone lighter and didn't appreciate it. I got so caught up in my plateau that I gave up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh no...it's National Fish & Chips day today...half price fish & chips :eek: Hope I don't drive by any chippers on my way home from class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Its hard losing weight for the second time.

(if you'll all indulge me for a minute!!)

I work in health care research and there's a theory of behaviour change that states that when we change our behaviour, and we 'fail' to change - every time this happens, we rejoin the change process slightly further ahead than we did before. Does that make sense? So say I decide to give up smoking and I try (and fail) six times. Every single time I learn something from the process and 'rejoin' the change cycle a little further down the line than the previous time. By identifying what we've learned, even when a change doesn't go so well, it makes it easier the next time.

I like this theoretical standpoint because it focuses on the positives rather than the negatives. This is my FOURTH stint in weight watchers and I have never been this light in my adult life (I'm 29). This time, I wrote out a list of everything I learned from the last times, all the positives (the fact that I understood the points system, I'm a good cook, I have supportive friends and family, I am young, I love vegetables, I am ambitious in general etc.) rather than the negatives (I always fail at this, I like chips too much, I DEFINITELY like cheese too much, I will miss out on all the nice dinners, what about when I'm tired and I don't want to cook, I can't, I won't and I refuse). Focusing on how my past experience SUPPORT my positive behaviour change rather than being down on myself for 'failing' in the past has made all the difference.

I repeat (because I can still barely believe it) - this is the lightest I've ever been as an adult! And positive thinking and learning from the past got me here - no doubt in my mind.

And the sun is shining and all I want to do is go out and run, which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Oh no...it's National Fish & Chips day today...half price fish & chips :eek: Hope I don't drive by any chippers on my way home from class :D

Thanks for the warning, that could have been dangerous if I wasn't prepared for this :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

cailleach an airgid I have to agree with what you said it is easier to an extent as in I have learned something each time and I learn to appreciate it more each time. Each time I'm also more determined. The first time I got from 16st7 to 13st12 and left WW, I rejoined and was 17st1 it is then I got down to my lowest weight of 12st2 and used everything I had learned in my previous journey.

What I meant by saying its hard was that in WW, when I got to 3stone loss I don't get a silver 7 or stone as I've gotten it previous in a sense I'm just kicking myself I let myself regain weight. It makes perfect sense what you've said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Definitely agree here, as I've said before Tuesday is my treat meal day and by a Wednesday morning I feel so bloated and full. Its nice to eat less and have loads of water! I've already had 2.5litrese today.

Its hard losing weight for the second time. I was 17st 1lb when I started and my lowest was 12st 2lb.
    I'm now 7 weeks back on track and 14st 1lb. I think everytime I lose weigh I appreciate it more! I can already see the difference in my clothes and feel great, crazy to imagine I was nearly 2stone lighter and didn't appreciate it. I got so caught up in my plateau that I gave up!

Your dead right.. i really appreciate it so more now every loss is a bonus.. i was 15st 0.5lb and got down to 10st 10.. i got into a whole oh im so slim i can eat anything went away for uni and never got back there.. im 83kg now which i about 13st i think so still long way ahead to get back there but life is just to short to keep thinking backwards that's what prevented me getting back to it sooner! Have a great week!

2 days into my week an going good :) kettlebells in the morning before work at 7am who would have thought i can enjoy exercise at that hour :)

Enjoy fish and chip day..! luckily iv no chipper out here to tempt me.. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Aghh...
    I forgot to take the mince out of freezer to make spag bol tonight for dinner....
    I'm in dangerous territory now, in that i have to wing it!
    don't want to go outside points tonight...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My weekend went surprisingly well. Hoping to get my first mini goal on Wednesday!

Not really sure where my head was at when I wrote this but I already got my first mini goal last week! Anyway my good weekend went from good to terrible. I received some bad news on Monday and I have struggled to deal with that and as a result I've turned to food. That on top of my TOTM, I am expecting a big gain tomorrow. I normally WI on Wednesday but its become impossible to make it home on time so I'm now going to a later class on Thursdays. There has been talk of triggers and stress is definitely a big one for me if the last few days are anything to go by. So I'm drawing a line under now and looking ahead to next weeks WI.

Lormuz wrote: »
    Aghh...
    I forgot to take the mince out of freezer to make spag bol tonight for dinner....
    I'm in dangerous territory now, in that i have to wing it!
    don't want to go outside points tonight...:eek:

It's safe to defrost minced beef in water, I do it pretty regularly cos I always forget to take it out the night before too! Put the mince into a plastic freezer bag, and seal it very tightly, getting as much air as possible out first. Then submerge it in a dish of cold water in the sink, and keep the cold water running on it continuously for about 30 minutes. That will melt the ice and the cold water ensures that bacteria doesn't form.

Silver 7!! Delighted. Down 1lb, was hoping for that but didn't expect it after the weekend!

• Advertisement

Oh for god sake. This is pretty much what we were talking about here the other day. There's a woman in my class, she's slim enough and very fit looking, she's just here to lose a stone. The last 3 weeks she's been very vocal about her disappointment of only being down .5lb each week. She was saying she expected to be down 2lbs each week. A few of us were talking before the class there and she was saying that. Then she was talking about mini Aero bars and I said I loved the Aldi version and they were only 2pp each. I asked how much the Aeros were and she goes "oh I don't know anything about points. I just know how many calories are in them". I asked her was she not using the pro point plan and she goes "I'm not really using anything. What are the points? Do you use them over your week?" Seriously???!!! I told her what they were and she said she didn't know how many a day she was supposed to eat. I said to her (in a nice way!) that she might see more results if she used them properly. She just shrugged and started talking to someone else. No doubt she'll be telling everyone again tonight how disheartening it is having such low losses! (Just waiting for my class to start btw!)

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi All, I have been reading this thread for a while now and the motivation and help you give each other is brilliant.

I joined ww for the fourth time last November my weight was 14.2 and I am now down to 13.1. Hopefully with some support and great tips I can get to my goal which is 10.5. I have my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I will be down:) Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Oh for god sake. This is pretty much what we were talking about here the other day. There's a woman in my class, she's slim enough and very fit looking, she's just here to lose a stone. The last 3 weeks she's been very vocal about her disappointment of only being down .5lb each week. She was saying she expected to be down 2lbs each week. A few of us were talking before the class there and she was saying that. Then she was talking about mini Aero bars and I said I loved the Aldi version and they were only 2pp each. I asked how much the Aeros were and she goes "oh I don't know anything about points. I just know how many calories are in them". I asked her was she not using the pro point plan and she goes "I'm not really using anything. What are the points? Do you use them over your week?" Seriously???!!! I told her what they were and she said she didn't know how many a day she was supposed to eat. I said to her (in a nice way!) that she might see more results if she used them properly. She just shrugged and started talking to someone else. No doubt she'll be telling everyone again tonight how disheartening it is having such low losses! (Just waiting for my class to start btw!)

/rant

Haha you gave me a good laugh. How does someone go to a WW meeting and not even know the plan? I know that if I stick 100% to plan then I'll lose and when I don't I gain, simple as. My leader was talking about this last week. There was a girl in the meeting that was giving out every week how she was losing and gaining the same couple of lbs. Last week she lost 5lbs and the leader asked her what she did differently....she had stuck to the plan. My leader loves saying 'the plan works if you work the plan!'

Just had this for dinner and it is delicious for 12 points.

Edit: oops just realised I never attached the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

/rant

That seems very strange to me. Why would you waste your time and money?
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi All, I have been reading this thread for a while now and the motivation and help you give each other is brilliant.

I joined ww for the fourth time last November my weight was 14.2 and I am now down to 13.1. Hopefully with some support and great tips I can get to my goal which is 10.5. I have my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I will be down:) Thanks.

Hi honeygirl, I am a new re-joiner as well. My first WI is tomorrow night. You've done really well so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Welcome honeygirl. Best of luck. Definitely use this thread, I think it's great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have updated my blog to add a new recipe tab to the top - makes it easier to find the recipes I have posted over the past year and half. One of the many changes I will be making to the blog over the summer to make it better. This I think was needed the most.

If anyone is interested

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/p/recipes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

So had my weigh in tonight & remained the same as last week - worries me as this is normally a sign that I'm going to go up a few pounds ��I really was hoping I'd lose the 2lbs to get me to 28 lbs lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I hope people don't mind but I decided to take inspiration from you all and I decided to set up a blog. I just did a little introduction post to begin with and hopefully tomorrow after weigh in, I'll have more to write :)

http://fattoslimin50lbs.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

/rant

That is bloody ridiculous why is she attending if she hasn't set aside time and effort to know what she is paying for? makes no sense!

Follow the plan and ul see the results its literally that simple!!

Just did my kettlebells thought i was gonna die my first session of the week :-) feeling great now thou.. :-)

CavangalI think it was you asking about the Fritter recipes..

Basically
    2 eggs
    1/2cup wholemeal flour
    150g feta or other cheese i used 60g grated light cheddar
    Loads veg- i used grated carrot, courgette, spring onion,pepper, Broc and tomatoes.

Mix it all together, heat the pan and make the impediments into little patties.. made four with that and works out 4pp each.. Id say you could have them cold too :-)

Yay another blog! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Downloaded Ultimate Value Diary last night - its brilliant! I already added my lunch and snacks for the day. Im scanning all round me like last night Diet Coke, this morning all my breakfast and lunch stuff and now sparkling and still water. Haha why am I scanning 0pp stuff?!! I also downloaded a free ebook called healthy salad dressings to my kindle. Havent looked at it yet so I dont know if its good but hey, its free!

Run at lunchtime today. I am still not 100%. Im very tired and rundown. I played a full match last night too which is probably why I'm wrecked.

My friends want to meet for tea this evening - the day before WI! I am going to go for a salad with dressing on the side. My friend is on slimming world so hopefully she'll want to go somewhere slimming. Its hard to plan coz we are meeting two other friends so whose know where we will end up. I have a salad with me for lunch so should have plenty of points left for any surprises.

Its a gorgeous day which has put me in a great mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

CavanGal wrote: »

Run at lunchtime today. I am still not 100%. Im very tired and rundown. I played a full match last night too which is probably why I'm wrecked.

Go you. Thankfully I haven't been sick while doing WW but I think sweating my face off in the spinning studio would definitely be a struggle if I was sick.

/rant

You may be in my class!!! For the last few weeks there is a woman there who is loosing a .5lb a week but wants to be loosing two/week and the whole class gets a run down of the things she has eaten. Like paying for the classes should be enough. It is frustrating.

Everyone has bad weeks, and it's great to have the support for when you have a bad week. But the ones the frustrate me are the ones that can't accept when it is your own fault that your week is bad. And if you aren't following the program it isn't going to work!

I had a good day yesterday. Ate my 26 points plus drank loads of water. I did an hour of Zumba and I went for a walk too. Getting back into the swing of things now. :)

You may be in my class!!! For the last few weeks there is a woman there who is loosing a .5lb a week but wants to be loosing two/week and the whole class gets a run down of the things she has eaten. Like paying for the classes should be enough. It is frustrating.

Everyone has bad weeks, and it's great to have the support for when you have a bad week. But the ones the frustrate me are the ones that can't accept when it is your own fault that your week is bad. And if you aren't following the program it isn't going to work!

Oh no, after posting that I was thinking "Crap I hope there's no one from my class here" :eek::o:o:o But yeah that does sound like her!

Ha Ha Ha, at least I don't feel so bad. Thought I was the only one thinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I had a good day yesterday. Ate my 26 points plus drank loads of water. I did an hour of Zumba and I went for a walk too. Getting back into the swing of things now. :)

Well done! Go you :) I'm having a pretty good week so far too. Really uping my water intake and man, can I feel the difference! Really full all the time, but cannot stop going to the bathroom!!! I went once and hour yesterday! Everyone at work must think I have a problem!! Hopefully I won't fall off the wagon now with the weekend that's in it.

I'm really trying with the water. Usually I don't have that much but I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut or something so I decided to try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I was the same, just wasn't drinking enough. It's the weekends, when I'm not sitting at my desk, that I tend to forget about drinking enough water though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Thanks - your making me want to up my water intake now too!

Advertisement