Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm generally pretty good with water, I don't drink tea or coffee so I'd drink a lot of water throughout the day. I've upped it since I started back WW (Try and drink 1.5l in work and then another litre when I get home) but JESUS it's tough on my teeny bladder :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I hear yas. I am up to the toilet a lot too but then I actually like the break from my desk and the toilet is a bit of a walk so gives me a minute to decloud my brain. I find I don't drink as much at the weekends but the water in the tap at home isn't cold and filtered like the stuff at work.

Actually Jwacqui, where did you buy that water bottle on your blog? Is it expensive? Would be handy to have at home.

Yeah I don't like water when it's room-temperature. I always have a few 1litre bottles in the fridge at home that I refill with tap water. I take one out when I get home from work and drink it over the space of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

When I'm in work I try to drink 2 litres. It's when I get home I don't drink as much as I should. Like the rest of you's, I'm up and down to the bathroom!

I'm looking for some nice lunch ideas. I made some homemade vegetable soup this week but I want to try and vary my lunches. I have access to a microwave but I want something quick and easy to prepare the night before. Would be grateful of anyone could help me out :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

granniecaz wrote: »
    I was the same, just wasn't drinking enough. It's the weekends, when I'm not sitting at my desk, that I tend to forget about drinking enough water though!

I hear ya Monday to Friday I'm brilliant for drinking water at my desk, at home not so much.
    I'm generally pretty good with water, I don't drink tea or coffee so I'd drink a lot of water throughout the day. I've upped it since I started back WW (Try and drink 1.5l in work and then another litre when I get home) but JESUS it's tough on my teeny bladder :(

I think people in work think I'm mad the amount of times I go to the bathroom from the water haha. Same when I go out drinking I must have the bladder the size of a pea.
    CavanGal wrote: »
    I hear yas. I am up to the toilet a lot too but then I actually like the break from my desk and the toilet is a bit of a walk so gives me a minute to decloud my brain. I find I don't drink as much at the weekends but the water in the tap at home isn't cold and filtered like the stuff at work.

Actually Jwacqui, where did you buy that water bottle on your blog? Is it expensive? Would be handy to have at home.

I bought one as well, we got them in HomeBase €14.99 for a 1Ltr bottle or €12.99 for a 550ml bottle. You will need to buy a new filter every 150litres. And they cause €9.99 I think. They are really good, there's is some difference when you taste the tap water with and without the filter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I saw that bottle too. I might save for it because my water bottle I have at the moment isn't the most enticing thing in the world. I have a Ballygowan one with the label ripped off.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys and gals!

Quick question!
    Does anyone do Pilates? Would you count it as an activity pro points earning exercise?!

Meeting with friends for Pilates this evening!

Thanks =)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals!

Quick question!
    Does anyone do Pilates? Would you count it as an activity pro points earning exercise?!

Thanks =)

Hi,
    I don't use my exercise points, so generally don't track them that often. I just think of them as a bonus to the weightloss...

With regard to pilates, would you count it as Low exertion?

In and out to the toilet like a yo-yo, does that count as exercise?! :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In and out to the toilet like a yo-yo, does that count as exercise?! :p

I sure fecking hope so :P

• Advertisement

I've also had a cup of green tea with a couple of slices of lemon in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi guys and gals!

Quick question!

Thanks =)
    Lormuz wrote: »
    Hi,
    I don't use my exercise points, so generally don't track them that often. I just think of them as a bonus to the weightloss...

With regard to pilates, would you count it as Low exertion?

It depends on whatyou put into it. I have done pilates classes where I have been sweating more than a cardio workout and then others where while my muscles worked I wasnt sweating/out of breathe tired. I think you need to gage it depedning on the class but could be seen as either low or medium exertion. Pilates really works your muscles when you do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »
    When I'm in work I try to drink 2 litres. It's when I get home I don't drink as much as I should. Like the rest of you's, I'm up and down to the bathroom!

I'm looking for some nice lunch ideas. I made some homemade vegetable soup this week but I want to try and vary my lunches. I have access to a microwave but I want something quick and easy to prepare the night before. Would be grateful of anyone could help me out :)

I have been trying to vary my lunches too after a couple of weeks of soup and wraps, I have been making things like frittatas, stuffed peppers with quinoa, cheese and vegetable fritters, mini vegetable muffins.. if any of those sound appealing ill have a look thru my recipes for ya :)

Day three over food was good, used couple of weeklies and did my kettlebells this morning! Have dinner out tomorrow have already picked my dish steak with vegetables, thinking it is prob the fairest option- points wise! May even have a cocktail ;) just the one though.. my body is not friends with alcohol anymore!

Friday tomorrow too so yay! not long weekend here thou, that's next week.!

Ok I know this is something REALLY small, but I'm feeling quite proud of myself. I generally have very little/no willpower or self-control (which is why I am fat :D). Today I forgot to bring in my lunch, and I'm going out for a few drinks after work so I had planned on something low in PP. As lunch grew nearer, I convinced myself to get my favourite lunch from a deli down the road, a salad bowl of delicious, but high PP salads! Chorizo pasta, garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and chickpeas. I thought "Sure I was down last night, it's the first day of my WW week, I deserve it". I had my bag ready to go out to the shop and I went to the bathroom and when I was washing my hands I looked at myself in the mirror and gave myself a stern look and said NO! lol!

I had a soft white roll left from when I bought one a few days ago (bought a 2-pack) so again I cut the ends of that, dug some of the bread out of the middle and toasted the two sides and had it with Low Low and a little bit of jam. At that stage started convincing myself that since I had decided against the unhealthy lunch, I should allow myself a pack of crisps. But again I said no, and went for an apple instead. Not the most nutritious of lunches but it's not like I'm doing it every day, so I don't mind too much about that.

God that's a load of waffle, sorry. But I just had to share. It's usually impossible for me to say no (to myself!) but I did it twice today. Now I'll have to practice that self-control with the few drinks this evening :)

I have been trying to vary my lunches too after a couple of weeks of soup and wraps, I have been making things like frittatas, stuffed peppers with quinoa, cheese and vegetable fritters, mini vegetable muffins.. if any of those sound appealing ill have a look thru my recipes for ya :)

Day three over food was good, used couple of weeklies and did my kettlebells this morning! Have dinner out tomorrow have already picked my dish steak with vegetables, thinking it is prob the fairest option- points wise! May even have a cocktail ;) just the one though.. my body is not friends with alcohol anymore!

Friday tomorrow too so yay! not long weekend here thou, that's next week.!

I actually found this too. Last weekend I had 4-5 Jameson with diet coke and when I got up the next morning my head was pounding. Before I started WW I could have had double that and been fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bonnie2

Hi guys,

First post! I've been viewing this thread with interest for ages and suddenly felt compelled to leave a post. Let me tell you my 'story.' I'm 20, and have had issues with food. I am a binge eater. The fact that I have always had a large appetite never really worked well for me- although up to a few years ago, when I was playing sport, I had a high metabolism, that soon stopped just over three years ago. I have always been known as being slim and petite, but when leaving cert stress caught up on me I put on a good bit of weight, and when I had a tough first year in college it caught up on me again. I would binge eat and binge eat. My problem was that I replaced emotions with food and never really felt 'full.'

Anyway, up to a while ago I weighed 9 stone 8. I appreciate that that may not sound like a lot, but I am very small in height and I looked awful. I had previously been a size 8, and changing to a size 12 was something that I became very aware of. People commenting on how tiny I was soon stopped. It had a terrible effect on me. I wouldn't have great self esteem anyway, but some of you may identify with how I felt at my fattest- I wouldn't go shopping, and if I did, I'd just end up in tears. I stopped going out because I felt so terrible. If I did end up going out, I'd end up getting too drunk to 'forget' about it- and then ending up being that really annoying emotional girl in tears. When I stopped going out because of it, people called me a recluse. All of the above ironically enough only drove me to more food- a completely vicious cycle.

I don't know if any of you are as bad at binge eating as I was. The amount that I ate on emotionally difficult days was shameful. For example, I remember one particularly tough day last year.... I ate two packets of biscuits, three chocolte bars, a crepe, a roll, a prawn cocktail starter, a McChicken Sandwich Meal, a scone....etc etc.

I am ASHAMED to write that above, and sadly there's probably been even worse food days for me, where absolutely everything just gets eaten. However, I'm happy to say that a year onwards I've lost almost a stone and am back a size ten, which is a lot better for my frame. I'm still v self concious of my big bum etc, but seriously, if I can do it, anyone can.

Keep up the great work guys x

Welcome to the thread Bonnie. Well done on losing a stone, it's definitely no mean feat. :)

Bonnie2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

First post! I've been viewing this thread with interest for ages and suddenly felt compelled to leave a post. Let me tell you my 'story.' I'm 20, and have had issues with food. I am a binge eater. The fact that I have always had a large appetite never really worked well for me- although up to a few years ago, when I was playing sport, I had a high metabolism, that soon stopped just over three years ago. I have always been known as being slim and petite, but when leaving cert stress caught up on me I put on a good bit of weight, and when I had a tough first year in college it caught up on me again. I would binge eat and binge eat. My problem was that I replaced emotions with food and never really felt 'full.'

Anyway, up to a while ago I weighed 9 stone 8. I appreciate that that may not sound like a lot, but I am very small in height and I looked awful. I had previously been a size 8, and changing to a size 12 was something that I became very aware of. People commenting on how tiny I was soon stopped. It had a terrible effect on me. I wouldn't have great self esteem anyway, but some of you may identify with how I felt at my fattest- I wouldn't go shopping, and if I did, I'd just end up in tears. I stopped going out because I felt so terrible. If I did end up going out, I'd end up getting too drunk to 'forget' about it- and then ending up being that really annoying emotional girl in tears. When I stopped going out because of it, people called me a recluse. All of the above ironically enough only drove me to more food- a completely vicious cycle.

I don't know if any of you are as bad at binge eating as I was. The amount that I ate on emotionally difficult days was shameful. For example, I remember one particularly tough day last year.... I ate two packets of biscuits, three chocolte bars, a crepe, a roll, a prawn cocktail starter, a McChicken Sandwich Meal, a scone....etc etc.

I am ASHAMED to write that above, and sadly there's probably been even worse food days for me, where absolutely everything just gets eaten. However, I'm happy to say that a year onwards I've lost almost a stone and am back a size ten, which is a lot better for my frame. I'm still v self concious of my big bum etc, but seriously, if I can do it, anyone can.

Welcome Bonnie! You are among friends here as I am sure everyone will admit that none of us would be here if we didn't some sort of issue with food. I too am a binge eater as you will see if you read back a few pages. The difference now is my binges tend to be smaller and I don't let a bad day turn into a bad week. I hope some day to be able to say I no longer binge.

This thread (and the private WW group on Facebook) are invaluable and a great place to go for encouragement, advice and a moan when needed. Its also a great to see how genuinely delighted people are when someone gets a good loss, reaches goal etc. Sometimes we don't tell our friends that we're on WW so its great to come here and be able to boast! :D

Congrats on your loss so far and good luck with the rest of the journey.

Welcome Bonnie! You are among friends here as I am sure everyone will admit that none of us would be here if we didn't some sort of issue with food. I too am a binge eater as you will see if you read back a few pages. The difference now is my binges tend to be smaller and I don't let a bad day turn into a bad week. I hope some day to be able to say I no longer binge.

Welcome Bonnie. I'm newish here as well, well I used to post ages ago! It's not easy to lose weight and I'm sure quite a lot of us can relate to you. I love this thread. Like you I followed it for ages before posting again. It really has helped me during my first week back.

CavanGal I'm in a similar situation to you as well. I am a binge eater and like you I have reduced them greatly. I want to stop it altogether but I need to overcome my emotional eating habits. When I did WW before, one bad day would lead to a bad week. So I'm hoping to prevent that this time around.

CavanGal what's the private WW group on FB?

• Advertisement

I have been trying to vary my lunches too after a couple of weeks of soup and wraps, I have been making things like frittatas, stuffed peppers with quinoa, cheese and vegetable fritters, mini vegetable muffins.. if any of those sound appealing ill have a look thru my recipes for

Thanks. I saw your frittatas recipe which was what got me thinking about my lunches :) I love the idea of the stuffed peppers so will definitely give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I too am a binge eater.
    I have weigh in at 5.30 and am thinking of what I can/will eat after it!

How terrible to be admitting to that.

CavanGal what's the private WW group on FB?

Im at work so can't post a link now - no FB access at work :rolleyes:. Search Weight Watchers Ireland. Its a closed group so no one on your friends list can see you joined or what you post. I love it. Very good for food recommendations.

Im at work so can't post a link now - no FB access at work :rolleyes:. Search Weight Watchers Ireland. Its a closed group so no one on your friends list can see you joined or what you post. I love it. Very good for food recommendations.

Oh I've found it now, brilliant, I didn't want to join the WW Ireland FB group because I didn't want other people to see, but this is perfect. Thanks!

I had my first weigh in tonight and I was down 1lb. I have to admit I was slightly disappointed as there were people in my meeting who had their first weigh in tonight as well and had lost 5lbs and one girl lost 8.5lbs :O Anyway I'm going to try and do exercise this week. My leader said to stay on 29 points even though the calculator says 32. I am going to stick with 29 as I would like a nice loss next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I had my first weigh in tonight and I was down 1lb. I have to admit I was slightly disappointed as there were people in my meeting who had their first weigh in tonight as well and had lost 5lbs and one girl lost 8.5lbs :O Anyway I'm going to try and do exercise this week. My leader said to stay on 29 points even though the calculator says 32. I am going to stick with 29 as I would like a nice loss next week.

Hi Duffy, I am the same I only ever lose a 1lb or 2lb at most in a week but its supposed to be better if it comes off slowly so don't be too disappointed once it comes off thats the main thing.

I had my weigh in today aswell and I was also down a pound. Onwards and Downwards.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Bonnie2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hi Bonnie, I am new too so welcome and I agree this is a great site.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hey!

I'm kind of confused about the pp of a naggin of vodka!

Is it 8pp or 16pp? 200 ml vodka?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Don't be disappointed. Slow and steady is the way to go.
    I lost 7lbs in my first week and over the subsequent 2 weeks I gained back four of it. A big loss in week one is not always good is what I'm saying :)

You lost a lb, better than gaining. Anything in the right direction is great so well done you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hey!

I'm kind of confused about the pp of a naggin of vodka!

Is it 8pp or 16pp? 200 ml vodka?!

I think it's 16. From what I can gather, an English measure is 25ml, and that's 2pp.

Advertisement