Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hey!

I'm kind of confused about the pp of a naggin of vodka!

Is it 8pp or 16pp? 200 ml vodka?!

I calculated it as 17 points. 35ml is 3 points so 200ml would be 17?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amg23

hi everyone,

I am a recent lurker to this forum. I joined ww 2 months ago and I have been reading all your posts with great interest. Ye are all doing really well.:)

ive lost 1 stone 3 pounds so far. ive around 3 and half stone to loose. ive taken a two week break from ww as I was away. Luckily on my scales my weight is the same as last time I weighed in so ive had no gain yet. Im gonna try really hard until the next weigh in for a loss when I go back. Its really hard to stay motivated when you have had a break I find.:) I keep repeating to myself the phrase nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! Ive gone down a dress size , so to motivate myself more im going to treat myself to some new clothes after weigh in if I get a loss!

Can someone tell me do I need to pay extra as ive missed two weeks next time I go? How many weeks can you miss before u have to rejoin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not sure about the rejoining but is it 5 weeks? :confused:

I think you could take your 2 holiday weeks for the 2 you've missed or else pay for the 2 missed weeks. :)

Welcome to the thread btw, always nice to see new usernames. I haven't been posting too long here myself but I do find it great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Thanks. I saw your frittatas recipe which was what got me thinking about my lunches :) I love the idea of the stuffed peppers so will definitely give that a try.

Hi Duffy89,

The stuffed pepper was really easy..

1/4cup of quinoa (boiled) 1pp
    1/4 cup of cannellini(washed) 1pp
    mixed with lots of veggies (carrots, cabbage, courgette and onion)0pp
    and 25g of grated light cheddar cheese 2pp

Mix the quinoa, cannellini beans, veggies and half the chesse together,

Fill half a pepper with the mixture, top with remaining cheese and pop it in the oven

4pp for a yummy lunch, I had some tuna and salad with it too!

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

amg23 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me do I need to pay extra as ive missed two weeks next time I go? How many weeks can you miss before u have to rejoin?

You can pay the rejoin fee (€20) or use your 2 holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I had my first weigh in tonight and I was down 1lb.

The exact same thing happened to me in my first week, but I just stuck with it. Now I've lost 10lbs in 5weeks, so it's averaged out, but if you've been good and continue that way, it will show next week :) So don't let it discourage you. You're doing great!
    I have the hen now this weekend and travelling home today. My aunt is cooking a meal for me, it's a surprise so I don't know how many points it will be, so going to save alot today so that I don't get caught out! The weeklies will be for the hen.
    Hope everyone has a fab weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

A sts for me today - 3rd week in a row. I am actually ok with it though as I have been sick, had a confirmation at the weekend, had a binge and only exercised twice due to said illness. I didnt run in the end yesterday as after discussing it with some experienced runners at work and my OH via text, the advice was to rest up and try and kick this blooming cold. When does a cold become a flu? I have a runny nose, dodgy tummy, sore head and completely run down. I rarely get sick and even then only for a day or two. This is now day 7 of this cold. Grr. My OH can't seem to shift his either. Anyway a weekend of rest awaits.

I am finding my Value Diary brilliant. I pointed a wine and a cocktail I had last night which I usually wouldn't bother with as its the day before WI. I went to an Italian with my friends and had a goats cheese salad while they had starters of pate and bruschetta and lovely pasta main courses. So jealous! I figured the wine and cocktail would weigh less on the scales. Haha warped logic!

Anyway good weather bodes well for the weekend. I will run on Sunday to keep myself in line.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this forum also for a while, I have to say it's great to read other peoples situations and it really spurs you on to hear how much weight you've all lost. You're all brilliant :)
    I'm a serial weight watcher, had joined many times before and lost about a stone and then fell off the wagon. Each time I went back i'd put the stone back on plus a few more pounds.

Well I had a wake up call about 5 weeks ago, got weighed and tipped the scales at 13st 7, i'm 5ft so this was not good. I wasn't even that heavy at 9 months pregnant on my 2 kids!

So decided this was it, I was sick of being fat and I was going to shift this weight for good. Started the couch to 5k and i'm on my 4th week of it and i'm now 10 pounds lighter.
    It's really made me realize that your frame of mind is so important in weight loss, if you're head's not in it odds are it won't go well and I don't think i've ever been this determined.

So keep up the good work ladies and take the bad with the good, we can't be perfect all of the time :p

(love all of the blogs by the way, I may be even tempted to set one up myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I was in a friends house last night & drank a bottle of wine, ate my body weight in crisps, peanuts and dips (which let me tell you in alot!!)....feel yuk today :-(

I don't even know how to point all I ate. I wouldn't mind but I had a dinner before I went so that I wouldn't pick. Pringles are correct - once you pop you can't stop!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Natmus wrote: »
    I was in a friends house last night & drank a bottle of wine, ate my body weight in crisps, peanuts and dips (which let me tell you in alot!!)....feel yuk today :-(

I don't even know how to point all I ate. I wouldn't mind but I had a dinner before I went so that I wouldn't pick. Pringles are correct - once you pop you can't stop!!!

I'd a bottle of wine last night too :o I'd actually saved up enough dailies to have it though, so it was 18pp. I'd a really light lunch so even after that I had a few dailies to have some dinner, but I didn't get home until 10 and then waited for my bf to come over and he wanted food so tipsily I decided it would be grand to order Indian :rolleyes: Ah well, it's not the end of the world, I will just have to be good for the weekend. But it was a bad idea saving all my points to use on alcohol :o Very silly! Should have eaten first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Just a quickie,

Down 2 and a half pounds, pure fluke......

Followed by a binge ......

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

godders wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've been lurking on this forum also for a while, I have to say it's great to read other peoples situations and it really spurs you on to hear how much weight you've all lost. You're all brilliant :)
    I'm a serial weight watcher, had joined many times before and lost about a stone and then fell off the wagon. Each time I went back i'd put the stone back on plus a few more pounds.

Well I had a wake up call about 5 weeks ago, got weighed and tipped the scales at 13st 7, i'm 5ft so this was not good. I wasn't even that heavy at 9 months pregnant on my 2 kids!

So decided this was it, I was sick of being fat and I was going to shift this weight for good. Started the couch to 5k and i'm on my 4th week of it and i'm now 10 pounds lighter.
    It's really made me realize that your frame of mind is so important in weight loss, if you're head's not in it odds are it won't go well and I don't think i've ever been this determined.

So keep up the good work ladies and take the bad with the good, we can't be perfect all of the time :p

(love all of the blogs by the way, I may be even tempted to set one up myself)

I am the same I'm 5 foot and weighed in first at 14 12 crazy stuff!!!

Welcome to the thread godders. I'm almost the same height as you and weighed in at 13st in January. I'm now 10st 12lbs. If I can do it anyone can because I generally have no willpower whatsoever.. I still have my treat or a high PP meal after my WI on an Tuesday. It's so true, if you're head isn't in the right place it won't work. Well done on the weight loss so far and best of luck for the rest of your journey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I made the white chocolate florentines.
    They are sooo easy to make and good.
    Thanks a million

Thanks a million

Ooh can you share the recipe.. they sound amazing!!

Had dinner out tonight steak with vegetables and mash.. didn't have all my mash and had a daiquiri during happy hour! Was really nice and should be covered with my dailies and some weeklies! Had spin this morning and getting up for kick boxing in the morning!

Lashing rain and thunder storms out here.. Send me some Dublin sunshine please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Thanks a million

I love them - have made them so many times now and they are a huge hit with everyone that tastes them. My boyfriend says they remind him of crunchy nut cornflakes!!!
    Ooh can you share the recipe.. they sound amazing!!

Had dinner out tonight steak with vegetables and mash.. didn't have all my mash and had a daiquiri during happy hour! Was really nice and should be covered with my dailies and some weeklies! Had spin this morning and getting up for kick boxing in the morning!

Lashing rain and thunder storms out here.. Send me some Dublin sunshine please :-)

Here's the link to the recipe. http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/04/white-chocolate-florentine-heaven.html :)

Was meant to do kettlebells this morning but we got locked out of our office (huge saga) and so sat around in a coffee shop this morning instead. I resisted temptation to get a delicious scone and had a fruit salad instead. Soooo good. Feel bad about not having my workout this morning as it was meant to be my last workout before the mini marathon on monday. Not sure if I should go for a jog in the morning or start the prerace rest as planned.........

shellybelly are you in Australia? No sun in Dublin today...overcast and dull :(

I'm having another good day today. Had my red berry cereal for breakfast with skimmed milk which came to 5PP. Then for lunch I had a yummy omelette with some salad and grilled mushrooms which came to 7PP. And just now I had the nicest green apple ever. I'm doing well with my water too, I've had 500ml plus a pint glass full with my lunch. I've been out for a walk and I have a swimming lesson at 8, happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I love them - have made them so many times now and they are a huge hit with everyone that tastes them. My boyfriend says they remind him of crunchy nut cornflakes!!!

Here's the link to the recipe. http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/04/white-chocolate-florentine-heaven.html :)

Was meant to do kettlebells this morning but we got locked out of our office (huge saga) and so sat around in a coffee shop this morning instead. I resisted temptation to get a delicious scone and had a fruit salad instead. Soooo good. Feel bad about not having my workout this morning as it was meant to be my last workout before the mini marathon on monday. Not sure if I should go for a jog in the morning or start the prerace rest as planned.........

Hi, thanks for the link. I made these with the kids today and we all loved them. I love all the new ideas that I am getting from the blogs.:)

Was meant to do kettlebells this morning but we got locked out of our office (huge saga) and so sat around in a coffee shop this morning instead. I resisted temptation to get a delicious scone and had a fruit salad instead. Soooo good. Feel bad about not having my workout this morning as it was meant to be my last workout before the mini marathon on monday. Not sure if I should go for a jog in the marathon to
    o morning or start the prerace rest asn ! planned.........[/quote

Thanks so much for that headin Shopping today so ill try make a b later! good luck with the mini marathon too
    shellybelly are you in Australia? No sun in Dublin today...overcast and dull :(

Yes i live in Melbourne on my second year out here heading home January time! Going good only its winter here now and pretty crap weather wise hence me living in the gym can't get many walks in anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bonnie2

Nawwwwh guys, thanks for all the cute messages!
    I'd love to join the WW facebook group but i'll give it a miss because none of my friends know that I'm on WW and I'm normally signed in with them sitting beside me! It's more of a personal thing for me- personally, I don't like telling people I'm on a diet because I feel like they're more 'aware' of it or something, and would be constantly looking out for weight loss/ asking me how weight loss is going, which never boded well in the past because of my binging tendancies! Someone asking me how the diet is going after secretly stuffing my face with a packet of biscuits- NOT GOOD!

WW has changed me- I really 'value' what I eat nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I'm still eating chocolate etc, but I'm more aware of the fact that I'll probably have to sacrifice rice with my dinner if I want that bar. For once in my life,I'm not dreading going shopping or social events!

As I said above about learning to 'value' what you eat and having to sacrifice stuff- I've had some sober nights. I used to drink a lot, but I'm taking this more seriously this time and would much prefer to go sober instead of having to miss out on a bit of food! I'd never admit this to anyone, but I'd rather stay at home and watch TV with a chocolate bar instead of a few vodkas. I wish I wasn't like that but it's true.

Hope you're all getting on great :D x

Bonnie... i couldn't agree more iv told people in the past that i was dieting and i think they can have a massive effect on it.. leading you astray and not being supportive because they don't like the idea of a fitter you! and also some can have high expectations of a thin you and maybe you aren't quite there yet! its not easy or helpful either way.. there's a few close people that know im doing ww and i find it easier that way!

On a different note... i made the Florentines, i used dried blueberries and chopped walnuts, instead of the nuts on the recipe, it made 10 biscuits working out at 3pp each!

Also for anyone who likes pizza, i made a pizza tonight for dinner.. with a chicken base, sounds strange i know but it was yummy, If anyone would like the recipe ill post it :) was 16pp for whole lot not huge but just nice!

Hope everyones Saturday is going well x

Shelly will you post the chicken pizza recipe? Sounds good!

I agree re not telling many people that I'm doing WW. My bf know obviously, as well as my housemate and my mam. I told my sister last week. My sister and I are very close but I know she just thinks I'll fail as I have done so many times before. She did WW years ago and went from a size 16 to a size 10 and has kept it off ever since, even having a baby and fitting back into her size 10s within weeks (bitch! :D) When I said to her last week that I rejoined WW she goes "Oh, would you try Slimming World?" I was like...no, I just said I'm doing WW. She didn't really offer much support or encouragement but tbh I don't blame her. In the past 10 years she's seen me try ww countless times, as well as various other diets, and I've always failed. I had a year's notice that I would be bridesmaid for her wedding and I didn't lose weight. 2 months before her wedding my bridesmaid dress was a little tight and I lost 6lbs and it fit fine but she was annoyed that I didn't lose more. I completely understand how annoying and frustrating it is for my loved ones to see me attempt weight loss so often, and then give up after a certain amount of time, so I understand her not holding out much hope for me this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I told my husband when I went back to weight watchers last November but I only told my mam in the last few weeks. But since my mam found out she keeps trying to feed me:confused:. Every time I go to visit she puts on a fry and then gets annoyed when I don't take everything. When I try to leave mams house I go loaded with cakes and I have tried to leave them behind but she comes after me with them. I am such a food addict I find it so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Uh oh my weekend has been terrible so far. I ended up going out last night and drank all around me. Today I was suffering from an almighty hangover which of course lead to eating crap. How do people deal with hangovers? I am heading to a 21st party later and I am dreading it as it'll have the usual finger food. I will have to try and reign it in tomorrow so I can focus on my weigh in on Thursday. I really want a good loss. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Went out for dinner with work on Thursday, made ok choices. Didn't drink and I drove in so no extra points on alcohol. Also didnt get a dessert, even though everyone else did. Then one of
    The girls didnt want her choc fudge brownie and passes it to me. Don't know how I refrained from devouring it!

Totm and I want to eat everything in the house! Have my whole day pointed since yesterday and I swear if I didn't I would be so over my points already! Killing me not having Chocolate but have four points saved later for treatsize timeout and 15g pack of popcorn.

Uh oh my weekend has been terrible so far. I ended up going out last night and drank all around me. Today I was suffering from an almighty hangover which of course lead to eating crap. How do people deal with hangovers? I am heading to a 21st party later and I am dreading it as it'll have the usual finger food. I will have to try and reign it in tomorrow so I can focus on my weigh in on Thursday. I really want a good loss. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

I find hangovers difficult, it's always when I'm at my worst. The best thing to do is eat loads of fruit because that's what your body is actually craving. I usually get a fruit salad from my local Centra. A bit pricey but all the work done for you and a lovely mix of fruits. I eat that throughout the day, and drink lots of Coke Zero. I always want a takeaway too but since I started back WW I've made a lovely curry every Sunday night. Nice and spicy to sweat the hangover out of me :D

Shelly will you post the chicken pizza recipe? Sounds good!

I agree re not telling many people that I'm doing WW. My bf know obviously, as well as my housemate and my mam. I told my sister last week. My sister and I are very close I'll fail as I have many times before. She did WW years ago and went from a size 16 to a size 10 and has kept it off ever since, even having a baby and fitting back into hitch! :D) When I said to her last week that I rejoined WW she goes "Oh, would you try Slimming World?" I was like...no, I just said I'm doing WW. She didn't really offer much support or encouragement but tbh I don't blame her. In the past 10 years she's seen me try ww countless times, as well as various other diets, and I've always failed. I had a year's notice that I would be bridesmaid for her wedding and I didn't lose weight. 2 months before her wedding my bridesmaid dress was a little tight and I lost 6lbs and it fit fine but she was annoyed that I didn't lose more. I completely understand how annoying and frustrating it is for my loved ones to see me attempt weight loss so often, and then give up after a certain amount of time, so I understand her not holding out much hope for me this time.

Ok so here goes-

300g chicken fillets
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    salt and pepper
    some chilli powder or paprika

Mix chicken breast in a food processor until its smooth and thick, mix in the egg and egg whites, add salt and pepper and seasoning to taste

Put mixture in baking tray and place in oven 160degrees for 20-30mins, or until the base has turned brown in colour.

For the topping i used,
    3/4cup tomato passata
    1 tbs of tomato paste
    60g tasty lights cheddar cheese grated
    2 medallions of bacon
    lots vegetables cut finely-pepper,onion,mushrooms and chilli

When the base is done leave to cool for about 10mins, Pour the tomato sauce mixture, cheese and topping of choice on top of the base, place back in the oven for 15-20mins. and Enjoy :-)

Worked out at 16pp for whole lot and i split it with my oh! had some pumpkin fries on the side too :-) yummy meal for 8pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

That is very creative, using chicken as a pizza base! Unfortunately I'm a vegetarian and wouldn't be able for the chicken - however, I've used cauliflower as a pizza base before and it worked surprisingly well!

Duffy - when I'm really hanging, I love eggs - a big plate of two eggs poached with spinach and grilled tomato and a WW bagel or a slimbo, with buckets of tea!! I find that the protein is great - you could add in some bacon medallions to add to the protein hit. And fruit (last thing you want I know) actually really makes me feel better too.

I had a very naughty night last night - out with the girls and while I skipped the dinner they were going for and joined them afterwards, I broke and had a curry cheese chip (the worst kind!) afterwards. I'm so annoyed with myself, its just the kind of eating that got me to my heaviest weight (no thought into what I choose, just aimlessly scoffing greasy horrible food). My hangover isn't bad today however and I started my day with bircher muesli and a load of fruit, so at least I'm back on track foodwise again. I also ran 5 miles yesterday (longest distance ever - sort of a prep for the 10k next weekend) but I'd say I didn't burn off nearly the calories in a curry cheese chip! Bad business, but can't let the guilt send me in the direction of chips again today!

Best of luck to all the mini marathoners tomorrow! Looks like the weather will be lovely for you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Hi everyone, I joined WW 3 weeks ago and doing well so far, lost 2lb my first week, 6lb my second week (although I think some of this was carried over from the previous week!), and hopefully will lose 1-2lb this WI. My goal is to lose 38lb. I'm moving from Cork to Galway tomorrow though so have to join a new class. I'm a bit disappointed because I really liked my class and my leader, so fingers crossed my new class and leader will be just as good!

I love reading all the blogs here, they're a great resource for recipies, etc, and it's so nice to know that other people are in the same boat as me. I already have a blog, but just did my first WW post this morning if anyone wants a look. I heard about the recipe in my class last week and tried it. If anyone loves pancakes you should definitely give it a try!!

http://eatwatchdress.blogspot.ie/

Advertisement