Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi everyone, I joined WW 3 weeks ago and doing well so far, lost 2lb my first week, 6lb my second week (although I think some of this was carried over from the previous week!), and hopefully will lose 1-2lb this WI. My goal is to lose 38lb. I'm moving from Cork to Galway tomorrow though so have to join a new class. I'm a bit disappointed because I really liked my class and my leader, so fingers crossed my new class and leader will be just as good!

I love reading all the blogs here, they're a great resource for recipies, etc, and it's so nice to know that other people are in the same boat as me. I already have a blog, but just did my first WW post this morning if anyone wants a look. I heard about the recipe in my class last week and tried it. If anyone loves pancakes you should definitely give it a try!!

http://eatwatchdress.blogspot.ie/

Welcome along :) Well done on a great weight loss so far! you will definitely enjoy this thread through the highs and lows of your journey.. :) Best of luck too!

Thank you for that link to pancakes, they look yummy! I will definitely be trying them! :)

Extremely worried about weigh in tomorrow night.. i ended up having lunch out today, steak with salad and about 10chips! Just about covered it points wise.. still have about 20 weeklies left but just feel like im cutting it fine.. iv only done three exercise sessions so i really dunno will come of it! I have really tried to kick my gain from last week in the bum!

Off to bed early to avoid any more indulgences :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I made some really bad choices yesterday, well actually there were no choices I just ate all around me:o. I knew I was being bad but I could'nt stop.

Cailleach, I suppose all of us are the same or we would'nt be looking for support on this site. I think maybe when we are bad just try and lose the guilt and draw a line under it and start fresh the next day.

Shelly, that pizza sounds lovely am gonna try it during the week.

Hi eatwatchdress, I am new here too so welcome, as I have said before this is a great site for support and new ideas.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Welcome eatwatchdress.. :) Also yay, a new blog to follow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Planned a picnic today but didn't quite work out because of the weather. Instead we had a little indoor picnic which was lovely. Got me thinking about some other recipes to make for picnics for large groups and posted on my blog with some ideas!! Lets hope we get the weather for it now :-)

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/06/picnic-time.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Bonnie2 wrote: »
    As I said above about learning to 'value' what you eat and having to sacrifice stuff- I've had some sober nights. I used to drink a lot, but I'm taking this more seriously this time and would much prefer to go sober instead of having to miss out on a bit of food! I'd never admit this to anyone, but I'd rather stay at home and watch TV with a chocolate bar instead of a few vodkas. I wish I wasn't like that but it's true.

Bonnie, I am the same hence why I am staying in tonight. Problem is there is no chocolate to accompany me as I am out of dailies and weeklies. I did have a mini roll earlier after my BNS chips. Also had yummy tacos for lunch so pp were well used today.

Almost stuck to my pp this weekend. Everything tracked and over by 3pp but Ill work them off tomorrow with a run. Ultimate Value Diary is my saviour. WI isn't until Friday so still have the week to get through but I am hoping for a big loss due to tracking so strictly.

Tiny, myself and OH are planning a day out tomorrow so I will definitely read your blog for ideas.

• Advertisement

Hello! on my way to my weigh in. hate this part of the day! eeek!!

Wondering if anyone has a nice way of eating porridge iv never been a fan of the texture but id love to be able to enjoy it! any tips for sweetness or to change the texture would be great!?

Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone doing the mini marathon today! :-)

Thanks shellybelly :)

Best of luck to anyone else doing the mini marathon today! Let's hope I don't get lost. If I follow the directions from Google I'll be ok :p

Thanks shellybelly :)

Best of luck to anyone else doing the mini marathon today! Let's hope I don't get lost. If I follow the directions from Google I'll be ok :p

You can't get lost - the thousands of people will make sure you are going in the right direction - also all the bands set up along the way guide you alone :)

It'll be a great day as long as the rain holds off! I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

For tracking I use the WW Journal. I'm on my last week of one so fingers crossed my leader has some this week. I find it great I have to say. I found that I kept losing the little tracker. If my leader has no journals I may download an app. Wanted to get the Ultimate Value Diary that people were mentioning here but I can't find it in the Play Store.

Thanks for that. I never saw a WW Journal. How many trackers would be in that and how much is it? Might be handy for me too as I'm maintaining (but over my 5lbs now) and don't always go to the class. I have Pts Plus Diary on my android phone. It's very good but I think writing it down would suit me better.

Yay!! -1.8kg tonight really delighted lost my gain from last week along with 400g more! Just what i need to set me up for a not so normal week.. Thursday to Sunday spent on the gold coast! going to try and prepare and plan as much as possible! Hopefully still having some good fun in the process :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hello! on my way to my weigh in. hate this part of the day! eeek!!

Wondering if anyone has a nice way of eating porridge iv never been a fan of the texture but id love to be able to enjoy it! any tips for sweetness or to change the texture would be great!?

Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone doing the mini marathon today! :-)

I like porridge with blueberries, raspberries, peaches and a little maple syrup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done on the loss! I find putting porridge in the milk, in the fridge the night before softens the oats and makes it much nicer.

Thanks for all the hangover advice. Its mad how I could go weeks without a big night out and suddenly I have had 3 this weekend alone. Also there is still a tonne of food left in the house from the 21st party on Saturday including the most delicious chocolate biscuit cake AND a rice krispie mars bar cake.....It is going to take some ultimate will power to stay away from it all.

My only saving grace is that I took a peek at the scales this morning and it seems to be the same. Not sure how a gain or even if I stay the same, will look on your second week :o I'm going to either go for a walk or root out some exercise dvds that I have but haven't used since last year. I know some people on here have done the 30 day shred? I have a few Jillian Michaels dvds but have never really done them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I've been liking Bircher muesli instead of cooked porridge recently-with the weather a bit warmer its lovely! The night before mix 30g oats, 150ml fat free yogurt and 50ml skimmed milk. It goes lovely and creamy and you can add all sorts of things-grated apple and a tiny bit of cinnamon is the classic, but I've been having peaches all week and berries are great too. 5pp for the basic recipe.

Can't wait to hear how the runners do today-just did a 5k around the block and very warm out ;-)

happyday - The journal is about 5.25 and it has 12 weeks worth of tracking along with a meal and exercise planner for each week. It's definitely well worth the money. :)

Well I'm home. Such a great feeling crossing that finishing line! Fantastic day out and the weather was fabulous! Think I finished in about 1hour 50mins which is great for my first one and I was only walking . :)

How did everyone else get on? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hi guys. Am starting the WW plan by myself for the minute as I can't really commit to the meetings right now. I've done weight watchers before and lost a lot of weight with the old plan (cal and sat fat) but despite having tried the new plan, I haven't been able to stick with it as much and find it that little more difficult.

I have the blue book from class before but im just looking for tips/tricks and a website that has good, easy and low PP recipes

Hi guys. Am starting the WW plan by myself for the minute as I can't really commit to the meetings right now. I've done weight watchers before and lost a lot of weight with the old plan (cal and sat fat) but despite having tried the new plan, I haven't been able to stick with it as much and find it that little more difficult.

I have the blue book from class before but im just looking for tips/tricks and a website that has good, easy and low PP recipes

Welcome Lexie, if that's what you are after you have come to the right place! there are quite a few posters that don't attend meeting and have great support from the thread! I too found it difficult the first time i tried propoints it does take some time to change and stick to it! But it is definitely worth it when you do so persevere and follow the plan, move a little more and lots of water ul get into the swing of it :-)

Thank you guys for the porridge tips i will definitely give them a try!

First day of a new week and feeling good have spin class tonight too its all about the PMA :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

*sheepishly enters thread*

My weekend was a write-off!!! Well actually it wasn't too bad until Sunday night. Went out and got very drunk, started on vodka, ended on wine. Came home and ordered Domino's :( Had a small pizza with loads of different meats on it, as well as a portion of chicken wings. Not even going to attempt to start pointing... Was dying yesterday. Just kind of gave up. Didn't binge or anything, but what I did eat was bad. Baked potato with bacon and cheese for lunch, went to my brother's for a BBQ and had chicken, pasta, a massive sausage and some salads, as well as a glass of wine. Then before bed had two pieces of cheese and toast. Disaster!

I'm definitely going to be up tomorrow, I'll be relieved if I only go up 1lb. So tempted to skip the class but I'm going to face the music! The worst thing is that I'm going to Belfast next weekend for two nights so there'll be a lot of drinking and eating out then. I'm going to just have to really be careful because I don't want to undo all the good work I've been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Ibarelycare - the bank holidays are ALWAYS the hardest for me and I think that with the weather so lovely, there was all sorts of outdoor 'eat icecream', 'drink cider', 'have bbq' events on that just made it nigh on impossible!! I will say that what you ate was definitely not something that you can't come back from - the Dominos might not be great, but your food the next day doesn't sound that processed (baked potato, grilled bbq chicken, pasta, salads) - I do think that treating ourselves to natural rather than processed foods makes a difference. I find drinking tons of water after a day or two of treats really helps - I have the pint glass of H2O here beside me at the desk today to 'flush out' the weekend - or at least compensate for all the salt I consumed. Don't feel bad, you had fun (and that's what people do) - just back on the wagon today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ibarelycare - the bank holidays are ALWAYS the hardest for me and I think that with the weather so lovely, there was all sorts of outdoor 'eat icecream', 'drink cider', 'have bbq' events on that just made it nigh on impossible!! I will say that what you ate was definitely not something that you can't come back from - the Dominos might not be great, but your food the next day doesn't sound that processed (baked potato, grilled bbq chicken, pasta, salads) - I do think that treating ourselves to natural rather than processed foods makes a difference. I find drinking tons of water after a day or two of treats really helps - I have the pint glass of H2O here beside me at the desk today to 'flush out' the weekend - or at least compensate for all the salt I consumed. Don't feel bad, you had fun (and that's what people do) - just back on the wagon today!

Thanks a million, that actually helps :)

I drank an absolute tonne of water yesterday. I was out in the sun playing with my nephews for about 3 hours and I constantly had a glass of iced water in my hand. Have a big bottle here beside me too, and have my lunch and dinner already planned, so hopefully I can pull something back before tomorrow evening!

Hiya everyone. Hope you're all well. If you've had a bad weekend/week don't worry about it. Go to WI and just draw a line under the week and start afresh tomorrow. If I think I've had a bad week I find reading the books gives me a bit of a boost.

WI tonight for me. Had an alright week. Yesterday I was so hungry after the mini marathon that I had a chocolate bar (one of the Galaxy bubble things) and then a chicken burger and small coke when I got back to Heuston Station. Have a feeling that may have ruined the good work from the walk. So I'll be having my treat as usual and starting afresh tomorrow. :)

Edit: Does anyone else find the little green trackers a bit of a nuisance? I usually use the journal and I think it's great but I finished one 2 weeks ago and my leader had none last week. I'm finding that I don't track as well with the little trackers. I was going to get the app that everyone was talking about but it's not compatible with my phone.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I had a terrible weekend as well. I feel very bloated this morning. I had intended on getting back on track yesterday but that didn't go too well. I'm definitely going to be up on Thursday which will be embarrassing as its only my second weigh in. It does feel good to be back eating properly today. I'm currently having a berry smoothie for breakfast and I have a ham and salad wrap for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I'm the same, had a terrible weekend foodwise, but was fun all the same! I won't even go into the amount of food I had to eat, but I ate more in 2days during the hen party than I normally would in a week. So WI is going to be so much fun tomorrow morning!! Had a sneak peak this morning & I am up alright, but don't know by how much. But as you said yourself xPurplePawprintsx, just have to draw a line under it and get back on track. I'm off work for study & exams from today, so going to be out of my normal routine, but going to have to plan my meals properly to stay on track.

Hope everyone doing the mini marathon yesterday had a great day. The heat was absolutely killer and while i was hoping to job the whole thing I did have to walk at a couple of points. THat and the ridiculous crowds at the start point meant a clocked a time of around 1hr8mins (waiting for official time to be logged) but considering the heat and the crowds am happy enough. Eager to beat my personal best so thinking of signign up for the docklands 10k in a few weeks - glutton for punishment me!

I love the mini marathon and will keep doing it every year but I really wish people who have no intention of jogging at all would stop signing up as joggers - there were people who showed up in jeans and full backpacks in that section who didn't even attempt to jog the first kilometer. They just want to get past the start line a few minutes quicker than the walkers but don't think of the obstruction they cause to people who are trying to get a good time. So frustrating!! (rant over)

Well done Tiny and everyone else who did the mini marathon. I started running a few weeks ago so mini marathon will be on my list next year.

I had a good weekend food wise and no alcohol. I did go over my weeklies slightly but I know I will be running today and Thursday and have a match tomorrow so that should make up for the damage. I find I get hungrier quicker after my breakfast at the weekends as there is no structure to the day. I think I will have porridge for breakfast next weekend and save my egg and toast for later in the day as I was having this for breakfast and then an earlier dinner which left me peckish in the evening. But I pointed and now I can learn from my mistakes.

I had a bad weekend exercise wise as in I did none but back on it today and I know that next weekend I will have to push myself to do something. I am still hopeful for a loss friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh have just spent the last 2 weeks pigging out big style, So today is the day to get back on track, going to be tough im starving already, its like starting all over again lol. Going to try to up the water intake big time and get my tracker back out. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and what ever damage you did its a new day today. Well done to everyone on doing the mini marathon great achievement

4km in the bag. Wow it is warm out there. Feel so buzzed and awake after the run too. Long may the lovely weather last!

Just got the evening herald and my official time for the 10k was 1hr 7mins 12 seconds, so a minute faster than I thought. My goal is to get it under the hour by the end of the year.

Well done tiny penguin! I just got mine and I did it in 1:40:18. So proud of myself, my aim was 1:45 or under. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well yet another good week for myself and Loughc. We both had a work night out which both our companies paid for and Chris had a free bar at his and a candy kart with free sweets!

Kept to our dinner plans over the entire weekend.

Went to weigh in today and lost 1.5lb and Chris lost 1.5lb. That's a combined total loss of 23lb in 8 weeks. We are totally working the plan and in return its paying off for us!

Delighted! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

*sheepishly enters thread*

My weekend was a write-off!!! Well actually it wasn't too bad until Sunday night. Went out and got very drunk, started on vodka, ended on wine. Came home and ordered Domino's :( Had a small pizza with loads of different meats on it, as well as a portion of chicken wings. Not even going to attempt to start pointing... Was dying yesterday. Just kind of gave up. Didn't binge or anything, but what I did eat was bad. Baked potato with bacon and cheese for lunch, went to my brother's for a BBQ and had chicken, pasta, a massive sausage and some salads, as well as a glass of wine. Then before bed had two pieces of cheese and toast. Disaster!

I'm definitely going to be up tomorrow, I'll be relieved if I only go up 1lb. So tempted to skip the class but I'm going to face the music! The worst thing is that I'm going to Belfast next weekend for two nights so there'll be a lot of drinking and eating out then. I'm going to just have to really be careful because I don't want to undo all the good work I've been doing.

Hi Ibarelycare, I am the same I ate all around me until Sunday and have been trying to pull it back since yesterday. Just try and start fresh and go to your meeting because I think that if you start missing meetings it leads to a slippery slope that is hard to come back from. Weight Watchers is supposed to be a way of life and you have to be able to let go every now and then and then get back on track. Once your weight keeps going down a little upwards blip every now and then will not matter.

Congrats to all those that completed the marathon, hopefully I will be joining you next year!

Advertisement