Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Getting back on track with WW. Never tried a filling & healthy day though. Contemplating doing one tomorrow. Any breakfast ideas? I normally have porridge with skimmed milk and teaspoon of jam. Jam would be out and I need something for in the porridge or something completely different. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hello! on my way to my weigh in. hate this part of the day! eeek!!

Wondering if anyone has a nice way of eating porridge iv never been a fan of the texture but id love to be able to enjoy it! any tips for sweetness or to change the texture would be great!?

Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone doing the mini marathon today! :-)

I just mentioned that I usually have porridge for breakfast, i have flahavans jumbo oats, with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of no added sugar jam. I cook oats with milk in microwave for just over a minute. Then add the jam. Leave to stand for a minute or so. I actually don't like normal porridge oats as too mushy for me but the jumbo oats are quite nutty so have a different texture. Really believe this has helped with weight loss so far! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Hey everyone I went away last week to France and had a active,refreshing holiday and I was sooo nervous about the scales today but because of my good doings on my bicycle I managed a 2 1/2 lb loss....I got my second silver 7 today and I have to say the motivation I got from it was unreal :D I realized I can still live and be a healthy gal so Thank you WW for making me feel this way and keeping me going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Three months after having a baby, I'm ready to climb back on the horse and embrace ww. I have no willpower at all so will be using this thread as a motivational tool!! Hopefully next week I'll be back with weightloss news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Whoooooop!! I lost 4.5lbs this week!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Wow well done you! You have inspired me to rejoin and lose it because you have done so well. I just noticed on your blog that you never had a gain?! How do you do it? Any tips?

I need help! My body still think its the bank holiday weekend. I cannot stop eating. I did contemplate not going to weigh in on Thursday but my Mum is encouraging me to go. I figure it is better to go and be up than to miss my second week. My leader is lovely as well and she specifically said last week not to miss the meeting even if we think we might be up after the weekend. If I could keep it to a 1lb gain I'll be happy but I would be mortified if I went above my starting weight. Does anyone have tips on how to limit the damage on Thursday?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Wow well done you! You have inspired me to rejoin and lose it because you have done so well. I just noticed on your blog that you never had a gain?! How do you do it? Any tips?

Yeah I think it's odd I've never had a gain, had 3 or 4 weeks where I STS though. The exercise is the big thing for me. Before WW I did literally none and yesterday I walked 10k in an hour and 40 minutes, such a difference! Having breakfast is really important as well. Planning my meals for the week has been excellent. I also stopped thinking of it as a diet. Another thing that really helps me is having a treat after WI. Having small goals is a really good idea too. Tonight's treat was a 99! Well done on making the decision to rejoin! Best of luck! The blogs and the Facebook page along with this thread are excellent motivation and support! :)

Edit: sorry for babbling on there! :o

Yeah I think it's odd I've never had a gain, had 3 or 4 weeks where I STS though. The exercise is the big thing for me. Before WW I did literally none and yesterday I walked 10k in an hour and 40 minutes, such a difference! Having breakfast is really important as well. Planning my meals for the week has been excellent. I also stopped thinking of it as a diet. Another thing that really helps me is having a treat after WI. Having small goals is a really good idea too. Tonight's treat was a 99! Well done on making the decision to rejoin! Best of luck! The blogs and the Facebook page along with this thread are excellent motivation and support! :)

Edit: sorry for babbling on there! :o

Thank you so much for your advice. There are some great tips there. It is all slowly starting to click in my head. The big thing for me is realising that one bar or one ice-cream is a treat, not a dozen! I joined the Facebook page and started a blog myself (http://fattoslimin50lbs.blogspot.ie/). They have been really helpful as I think without them, I'd give up and not go on Thursday.

Yeah your frame of mind is important. I had to realise myself that one bag of crisps is a treat, not an entire multipack... :o

Had a blog entry done on my phone but it won't publish for some reason.

I have 2 new blogs to follow when I get on my laptop tomorrow! Best of luck Duffy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well done to all on your losses and to those with the dodgey weekends jump right back on the wagon! :) best way forward after a gain!

Day one of my week went well and day two is currently going good off to the gym for kettle bells and trx!

Heading off to the gold coast tomorrow afternoon until Sunday night! Really making a conscious effort to be good, have some food packed for snacks, and have gym gear packed as there is one close by my accommodation! Hoping maybe to rent bikes one the days too! Really hoping for a 600g loss next week so had to plan plan plan :)

Hope you are all having a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Woohoo! Down half a pound which I will gladly take after the weekend I had! Really expected a gain but aiming to get back into the 12's now next week :)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather. I'm going to be stuck indoors studying for the next week.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Onwards & downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Congrats that a great weight loss! My weigh in is tomorrow hope to be down too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I pigged out all weekend - felt I was allowed because I was doing the mini marathon! Then after the race I kept eating (and drinking!) because I was so proud of myself and felt I was allowed to pig out.

I was off yesterday & spent the day on the beach and stuffed my face again - then went to a "meat fest" BBQ!!!! Should have had my WI last night but it only dawned on me about 11pm....goes to show how much I was thinking about WW all weekend.

Anyway, by the time I was going to bed last night I was feeling crap from all the stuff I shovelled into my mouth over 4 days so I'm delighted to get back on track again today. It also made me realise that I feel so much better when I eat proper food.

Found the maraton tough in the heat but so glad I did it, was thrilled with my time 1:02:23 - I was hoping for 1:15 so I was shocked that I did that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Does anyone eat corn cakes? Are they like rice cakes or tastier? Anyone know the pp? I just read about them in the General Weightloss thread.

Also how many pp in chocolate philidelphia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

CavanGal wrote: »
    Does anyone eat corn cakes? Are they like rice cakes or tastier? Anyone know the pp? I just read about them in the General Weightloss thread.

Obsessed with them!!!! No idea on points but they're 26 cals or so, the ones in aldi anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

CavanGal wrote: »

If you google them, you'll be able to get the nutritional info easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Yeah choc philly is 2pp per mini tub and corn cakes are 1pp each. doctorwhogirl, is it corn cakes you are obsessed with? What are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

granniecaz wrote: »
    Woohoo! Down half a pound which I will gladly take after the weekend I had! Really expected a gain but aiming to get back into the 12's now next week :)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather. I'm going to be stuck indoors studying for the next week.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Onwards & downwards!

I also lost half a pound! And I was DELIGHTED as it was the half pound I put up on holidays.

Congrats to all of the wonderful weight losses this week - after the bank holiday, it's a major celebration to do well. Enjoy your victories everyone!

Guys I have a question. I really, really feel like I'm in maintenance. I have been within two pounds of my goal weight for about two months, and I only ever go up or down a half pound at a time. One week I was only .3lbs from goal! But I've never gone about 2lbs from goal in all this time - and that include Paddys, Easter, two bank holidays, a week in Spain, my sisters album launch and many, MANY other occasions.

I think I'm at my goal weight - I don't know if I need to be lighter now and I've never been happier with my body. My BMI is 22.5 (my starting was 26.8) and I'm hoping to run a half marathon later this year. I'm getting really, really frustrated that I can't get that last pound out of the way, and I'm wondering if I ever will...

Do you think that my leader would let me change, or is she too fond of her tenner every week ;-)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I also lost half a pound! And I was DELIGHTED as it was the half pound I put up on holidays.

Congrats to all of the wonderful weight losses this week - after the bank holiday, it's a major celebration to do well. Enjoy your victories everyone!

Guys I have a question. I really, really feel like I'm in maintenance. I have been within two pounds of my goal weight for about two months, and I only ever go up or down a half pound at a time. One week I was only .3lbs from goal! But I've never gone about 2lbs from goal in all this time - and that include Paddys, Easter, two bank holidays, a week in Spain, my sisters album launch and many, MANY other occasions.

I think I'm at my goal weight - I don't know if I need to be lighter now and I've never been happier with my body. My BMI is 22.5 (my starting was 26.8) and I'm hoping to run a half marathon later this year. I'm getting really, really frustrated that I can't get that last pound out of the way, and I'm wondering if I ever will...

Do you think that my leader would let me change, or is she too fond of her tenner every week ;-)?

It sounds like you're there dude! I'd say your leader is doing you a major disservice by not having come to this conclusion herself. She's either not paying you any attention, or you're right, and she's fond of the tenners! I'd say it to her. Once you're in a healthy bmi, I think she can change your goal- someone else will confirm.
    And well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I was in the exact same position only it was going on for nearly 4 months i had reduced my goal (silly girl think i had money to give away) but when i realised i was happy with everything else, healthy BMI feeling great, happy with clothes size the only thing i was annoyed with was that number on the scales every week so yea i just said to my Leader that i was happy at the weight i was at and i would like to make that my goal. There was no prob at all.

Saying that, that was 3 weeks ago so i have to maintain for 4 weeks and have i pigged out OH LORD you'd think i was trying to sabotage the whole thing. but back on track since yesterday and feel alot better for it.

Hopefully though i will be the proud owner of a fancy gold card in a week or two. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Tell your leader that you are happy with your weight, there should be no problem as the goal weight is supposed to be set between you and your leader. Congrats on getting to your goal!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Hi guys, well done everyone on the losses! I had my usual bank holiday weekend disaster so I'm hoping for a sts this week. I got the ultimate food diary app today and LOVE it so far, so worth the €2 something it was! But my scanner won't scan anything and I've tried loads of stuff, has anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Holy crap, I'm down 1lb :eek: don't deserve it but obviously delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Just back from my weigh in - down 3lbs & hit the 2 stone mark!! Well 29 & a half pounds in total!! Absolutely delighted as I stayed the same last week so I was worried that I'd go up! Another 7lbs to my goal so I think this will be the hard part! Really happy ��

Glitter13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, well done everyone on the losses! I had my usual bank holiday weekend disaster so I'm hoping for a sts this week. I got the ultimate food diary app today and LOVE it so far, so worth the €2 something it was! But my scanner won't scan anything and I've tried loads of stuff, has anyone else had this problem?

Hi. Use "my fitness pal" & find it really good. I've used the food diary app but I prefer my fitness pal & it scans nearly everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I was in the exact same position only it was going on for nearly 4 months i had reduced my goal (silly girl think i had money to give away) but when i realised i was happy with everything else, healthy BMI feeling great, happy with clothes size the only thing i was annoyed with was that number on the scales every week so yea i just said to my Leader that i was happy at the weight i was at and i would like to make that my goal. There was no prob at all.

Saying that, that was 3 weeks ago so i have to maintain for 4 weeks and have i pigged out OH LORD you'd think i was trying to sabotage the whole thing. but back on track since yesterday and feel alot better for it.

Hopefully though i will be the proud owner of a fancy gold card in a week or two. :D

Is that how it works? You don't get the gold card when you reach goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Well done on all the losses guys! :)

My meeting is on a Monday, so no meeting this wk.

Lost 2lbs last wk bringing me down my first stone in total.

Normally when there's a BHol I go to the class on a Wed, but couldn't make it today so this is the first wk I've missed. Hope it doesn't show on scales next Monday! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Miss choo, does my fitness pal calculate points for you?

• Advertisement

Miss choo, does my fitness pal calculate points for you?

Hi no it doesn't but it scans stuff like weight watchers meals etc so I have a good idea of where I am as regards tracking. It's an awful pity that there's no WW app for Ireland - there is for the US & the UK so I can't understand why they can't develop an app for here that would include tracking, pointing/scanning etc!

Advertisement