Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Is that how it works? You don't get the gold card when you reach goal?

That's how it works my class but I think different leaders might do it differently. We have to maintain for 4 weeks to get the card

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

misschoo wrote: »
    Hi no it doesn't but it scans stuff like weight watchers meals etc so I have a good idea of where I am as regards tracking. It's an awful pity that there's no WW app for Ireland - there is for the US & the UK so I can't understand why they can't develop an app for here that would include tracking, pointing/scanning etc!

Hey I'm using the Aus one and its brilliant- same pp system- Not sure if you guys can access is, its called WW Mobile i think! Hope that helps!

cailleach an airgid Good on you, most definitely say it to your leader- YOU ARE AT GOAL yay :D:D

Ok so today marks my few days up to sunny QLD (hopefully sunny).. Eeeek cant wait!! Very nervous about the food but i am so determined to kick this 600g in the bum at WI.. hopefully I will still be saying that on Sunday night!! ;)

Bit of a NSV this morning, picked a top out to travel in haven't worn it in ages.. and its hanging off me.. Had to do a nip tuck job so it looks ok ... Amazing feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

misschoo wrote: »
    It's an awful pity that there's no WW app for Ireland - there is for the US & the UK so I can't understand why they can't develop an app for here that would include tracking, pointing/scanning etc!

This is a bug bear of mine too. Surely there are enough Irish paid up members to get a proper service. The eating out guide is completely UK-centric too. It really pisses me off-probably the one thing I really dislike about WW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Glitter13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, well done everyone on the losses! I had my usual bank holiday weekend disaster so I'm hoping for a sts this week. I got the ultimate food diary app today and LOVE it so far, so worth the €2 something it was! But my scanner won't scan anything and I've tried loads of stuff, has anyone else had this problem?

I downloaded that last night and it was €3 something!! It was the "Ultimate Food Diary Plus"...I couldn't find just "Ultimate Food Diary"! Anyway I didn't mind paying for it, it makes things so much handier. It's awkward taking out the pocket guide and tracker constantly, and I'm heading away this weekend with other people so I'd like to be able to track more discreetly!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

This is a bug bear of mine too. Surely there are enough Irish paid up members to get a proper service. The eating out guide is completely UK-centric too. It really pisses me off-probably the one thing I really dislike about WW.

Here here...it's a pain in the ass - who cares about Asda etc etc!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I downloaded that last night and it was €3 something!! It was the "Ultimate Food Diary Plus"...I couldn't find just "Ultimate Food Diary"! Anyway I didn't mind paying for it, it makes things so much handier. It's awkward taking out the pocket guide and tracker constantly, and I'm heading away this weekend with other people so I'd like to be able to track more discreetly!

This is the one.

I have my weigh in tonight and my scales show me as up 2lbs but being honest I'm surprised its not more. I have yet to get back on track after the weekend. I need to weigh in so I can put it behind me and get back on track. I'm really going to make a conscious effort to cut down on junk food. Since I rejoined I am still eating junk food and sacrificing healthy food in favour of using points on junk. My leader said last week that we should use all our dailies on healthy food and save our weeklies for the weekend for a treat. So I am going to give this a go this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Finally updated my blog :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

WI tomorrow morning. I am expecting another STS or up. I dont know why but I just feel like I havent lost anything. Run at lunchtime today so that might help. There was word of a night out tomorrow night to a cocktail bar but nothing since so I am hoping it won't happen and I can save my weeklies. I am going to a wedding on August 10th and I want at least a stone gone by then which is less than 2lbs a week so it is doable. So the head is down and with this great weather, I have no excuse not to exercise and its perfect weather for light food like salads. I have to say the sun has such a positive effect on my mood. :)

CavanGal drink lots of water today as well.

My routine is that I have dinner about 2 hours before WI and pee before I leave the house. :p

CavanGal wrote: »
    WI tomorrow morning. I am expecting another STS or up. I dont know why but I just feel like I havent lost anything. Run at lunchtime today so that might help. There was word of a night out tomorrow night to a cocktail bar but nothing since so I am hoping it won't happen and I can save my weeklies. I am going to a wedding on August 10th and I want at least a stone gone by then which is less than 2lbs a week so it is doable. So the head is down and with this great weather, I have no excuse not to exercise and its perfect weather for light food like salads. I have to say the sun has such a positive effect on my mood. :)

I've set myself a few mini goals like that. Have a hen on 19th July and would love to be down 1.5 stone altogether by then, so just under a stone to go. It's 2lbs a week so it is doable! And then the wedding is on 28th September so would like to be down a further stone by then.

Eeek, my boss just bought us all choc-ices!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

After years and years of turning my nose up at cottage cheese I had the most random craving for it this week and it is DELICIOUS!! Trying to really up my protein intake and lower my carm intake this week and a big tablespoon of cottage cheese with a sprinkle of black pepper along side whatever I am having for lunch is amazing. Next I'm gonna try it with some fruit mixed through as a mid afternoon power snack!!

Oh and my boss bought in a huge box of donuts that look amazing and as of yet I have managed to resist - am staying strong....

Our course co-ordinator got us a big chocolate cake. I'm resisting too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Would anyone be able to tell me what the propoints are for say 2 teaspoons of sugar? Doing all I can to keep my eyes open while studying for my exam tomorrow & sugary coffee is the only thing helping! I never drink coffee & sweetener doesn't kill the taste enough for me!!!

I Googled and got 1PP per teaspoon. I don't know if it's right. I actually rarely use sugar.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I Googled and got 1PP per teaspoon. I don't know if it's right. I actually rarely use sugar.. :o

I did the same and found that too, but also found 1pp for 2teaspoons! Think il point 1 per teaspoon, the rate I'm going all my dailies will be gone from sugar to stay awake!!!!

I didn't avoid the choc-ices! Feck it, they're only 5pp each and it was worth every point!

tiny_penguin, my bf is always trying to get me to eat cottage cheese, he loves the stuff, eats it like yoghurt with loads of fruit. I can't stand even the smell of it! It's probably more mind over matter though as it just looks so gross :D

After years and years of turning my nose up at cottage cheese I had the most random craving for it this week and it is DELICIOUS!! Trying to really up my protein intake and lower my carm intake this week and a big tablespoon of cottage cheese with a sprinkle of black pepper along side whatever I am having for lunch is amazing. Next I'm gonna try it with some fruit mixed through as a mid afternoon power snack!!

What would you say it tastes like? I love cheese and I had heard that cottage cheese is really healthy?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    What would you say it tastes like? I love cheese and I had heard that cottage cheese is really healthy?

I couldnt really describe it - its not really like other cheese. Its a bit like a mixture of cream cheese and yoghurt would be the closest I can get to it. Its really low in fat and high in protein so great for a low pp snack. I find the addition of even a small bit to my regular lunch keeps me fuller longer. Worth giving it a try anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all I am just back from my weigh in and am down a pound!:) Onwards and Downwards!:)

• Advertisement

Yay well done honeygirl! :)

I think I'll go for a walk now and then stroll to the shop for a Twister. Seriously cannot believe they're only 2PP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

I know!! So are loop the loops which are my absolute fav :D.. im having a bit of a bbq on saturday after my weigh in, any tips on keeping it down in points? Il have my 49 but il be drinking aswell and dont want to waste points unnecessarily! Thanks

I know!! So are loop the loops which are my absolute fav :D.. im having a bit of a bbq on saturday after my weigh in, any tips on keeping it down in points? Il have my 49 but il be drinking aswell and dont want to waste points unnecessarily! Thanks

Are you making the food? I posted some recipes for salads for a picnic that would work equally for BBQ's as well http://59lbstogo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/picnic-time.html

In terms of meat - home made burgers with the 5% mince from tesco can be really low, use lettuce leaves instead of buns if you want to be really good. Marinated chicken or fish kebabs are great and low in pp as well. And you could just go for a steak - great on the BBQ and you know where you stand points wise.

I was up a lb tonight. I thought it'd be nearer to 5lbs so I'm glad I went. My leader mentioned this girl in the class that joined the same week as me and she has lost 9lbs in 2 weeks. So I came out of my meeting feeling very motivated for next week.

tiny_penguin I think it was on your blog that I saw you had posted you meals each day? If you don't mind me stealing the idea, I have decided to do it starting tomorrow. I think it could be a good way to stay on track this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Turkey mince burgers are also low in points and really delicious!

Also, instead of burger buns, use speigals, only 2 PP and great with burgers...
    kebabs are also great for low BBQ food.

Corn on the cob too??

In fact I am having turkey burgers tonight, they have a bit of cayenne pepper in them with butternut squash cajun spice chips!
    Yumm!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

STS for the fourth week running. I am giving it my all this week. I will track religiously and try to use very little of my weeklies. I have football Monday and Wednesday and running Tuesday and Thursday. I am going to go for a run tomorrow and head out to Dun Laoghaire for a walk Sunday. No alcohol this weekend either. Time to get down to it or I will never reach goal.

Have pretty much taken the week off exercise since the Mini Marathon - not really by choice as the Bootcamp is closed for the week and I have been too sore to get out for a run. Heading to Kinsale tomorrow for the night so have all my weeklies saved and going to have a breakfast of fruit to keep me on track.

I had a very unexpected gain this week - my body still hasnt adjusted to the excersice I am doing and coupled with running in the heat on monday and TOTM I think i was retaining A LOT of water. My leader suggested I take it easy on the exercise for a week and see how I get on - I wasnt planning to take it quite this easy (still getting my daily walk to and from work in). I think I am going to switch to WI every second week - seems to be more reflective of my efforts now I'm at goal. I'll have to be very strict on myself by I am getting fed up on being up and down so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well just checking in from my mini holiday :) Thursdays food wasg good brought some snacks to keep me on track and they have been! today was good too made lunch and brought it with me -a tuna wrap, and had beef stir fry out! have been drinking thou so weeklies wrote off but i know i am able to make good food choices so im really hoping this will help me with weigh in! Not sure if ill squeeze in a gym visit as we are trying to squeeze everything else in but we shall see! Monday and Tuesday are two opportunities to exercise before weigh in too so trying not to put too our pressure on myself!

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GraceKWW

Tried Tofu today Yack yack :(

Advertisement