Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Having a small mental setback today. Realised I miscalculated and instead of being a third way through my weight loss, I'm actually only quarter way through.
    Instead of 3 stone to lose in total, I have 4.
    Had felt so positive about being a stone down and then saw some photos my Mum had developed of me at my son's birthday party and I just looked huge :( and that's with a stone lost.

I can't believe I let myself go so much. I don't have a full length mirror in our house and I always try to be out of photos so I genuinely hadn't realised how bad things had gotten.

Still, I am trying to stay positive in knowing that I am trying to do something about it.
    I could've eaten a ring around myself with self pity, but, thankfully, I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Having a small mental setback today. Realised I miscalculated and instead of being a third way through my weight loss, I'm actually only quarter way through.
    Had felt so positive about being a stone down and then saw some photos my Mum had developed of me at my son's birthday party and I just looked huge :( and that's with a stone lost.

I can't believe I let myself go so much. I don't have a full length mirror in our house and I always try to be out of photos so I genuinely hadn't realised how bad things had gotten.

Still, I am trying to stay positive in knowing that I am trying to do something about it.
    I could've eaten a ring around myself with self pity, but, thankfully, I didn't.

Hi Sittingpretty. You have to look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Imagine if you didn't have the stone gone, you would have looked even bigger. Use those photos to motivate you to keep going rather than to get you down. You can't change the fact that you gained weight but you have decided to lose it and that's what you need to focus on. Also you should look at how far you have come off the scales as well. It was such an achievement not to turn to food after seeing the photos and that in itself is a great thing :) Well done on your loss so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I dont really post here much but just wanted to say please dont be hard on yourself & get discouraged! Loosing a stone is a HUGE achievement, the secret to WW & being successful is celebrating mini goals, so celebrate how far you've come not how far you have to go!

I remember my 1st WI being horrified at my weight, all my leader said was you never have to see that number again! You don't have to look like you did in that photo again, just keep doing what your doing, follow the plan & in a couple months time you'll look back on that photo & see how far you have come:) Best of luck!

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Don't be discouraged Sittingpretty. I'm about to change my Facebook cover photo to a pic that says this: "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." Maybe you could try something similar, that way it'll be there everytime you log in and remind you of how far you've come. Keep your head held high, you're doing so well :) x

• Advertisement

Anyone here ever see I Used To Be Fat on MTV? Just watching an episode for the first time now and something isn't sitting right with me. This girl has 13 weeks to lose 90lbs which works out at about 7lbs a week. She weighs 250lbs so she probably will lose some of it quite quickly but I feel trying to lose that much every week is a bit unwise.

Anyone here ever see I Used To Be Fat on MTV? Just watching an episode for the first time now and something isn't sitting right with me. This girl has 13 weeks to lose 90lbs which works out at about 7lbs a week. She weighs 250lbs so she probably will lose some of it quite quickly but I feel trying to lose that much every week is a bit unwise.

Wow most people would be content with a stone in 13 weeks! The Biggest Loser is like that as well but at least they say on the show that it is unrealistic to do at home as the contestants are working out non-stop and have dieticians and medics at their beck and call.

It is days like today that can help motivate you to lose weight. I have just spent the last 20 minutes trying on my summer tops from last year. I thought I wouldn't be able to fit me at all but I am happy to say that most of them were only a little bit tight on me and they're a size 12 :) I am annoyed that I let myself get to this point again of having no clothes to wear during summer. It has spurred me on to lose as much weight and to tone up my stomach before my holidays in 3 weeks. I would like my first silver seven by then. Has anyone noticed if 7lbs makes much a difference? Someone on here said they were planning on wearing maxi dresses and skirts on their holidays. That's what I am going to do but it'll be the beach wear that'll be the issue!

I did notice a difference after 7lbs, my jeans got loose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Ah today went well again for food until i had a major urge for chips on the way home tonight! Didn't even get chips got a bloody kebab! So annoyed with myself enjoyed is but feel like poo now!

My holidays was going well food wise until then, lots of drinks but good healthy food! Major damage control tomorrow and Monday and water by the gallon!

All in the name of good fun :-\

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of anywhere good but healthy to go for dinner around baggot st/merrion square area? I'm going out for dinner and really don't want to ruin my good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere good but healthy to go for dinner around baggot st/merrion square area? I'm going out for dinner and really don't want to ruin my good work.

All restaurants will have items on their menu that will suit your pro points. Best thing to do is check out the menu of the restaurant before you go and plan what you're going to have.

Bad day.

Was ok up until I had dinner at about 2pm. Breakfast and dinner was 17 points combined leaving me with 9.

Then I went shopping with mam. Someone told me about these ice lollies that were 2PP for 3 of them. I found something similar in Aldi and nearly died when I worked out the ProPoints. Here's the kicker - I worked them out AFTER I had eaten 3 of them. Vanilla/Strawberry are 2PP each and the chocolate one was 5!!! So I wasted 9 PPs on them! :mad: On top of that I had some chocolate which worked out at about 6PPs and at the moment I'm have a salad which is 6PP. So 12 weeklies gone because I was silly. :mad: :(

All restaurants will have items on their menu that will suit your pro points. Best thing to do is check out the menu of the restaurant before you go and plan what you're going to have.

Thanks I have been looking at a few places and I think I am going to suggest KC Peaches. They seem to have a great variety on their menu.
    Bad day.

Was ok up until I had dinner at about 2pm. Breakfast and dinner was 17 points combined leaving me with 9.

Then I went shopping with mam. Someone told me about these ice lollies that were 2PP for 3 of them. I found something similar in Aldi and nearly died when I worked out the ProPoints. Here's the kicker - I worked them out AFTER I had eaten 3 of them. Vanilla/Strawberry are 2PP each and the chocolate one was 5!!! So I wasted 9 PPs on them! :mad: On top of that I had some chocolate which worked out at about 6PPs and at the moment I'm have a salad which is 6PP. So 12 weeklies gone because I was silly. :mad: :(

That is annoying but at least you had your weeklies to cover you. Your experience will always make me double check when I hear points from someone else. There is a website, minimins.com and I find that the posters on there are always posting the points wrong, unless the UK programme is different from ours?

Strangely enough that's the site I got the information from. I assumed the UK system was the same actually. It wasn't exactly the same product, just something I thought was similar. I've learned my lesson. I'll be checking the points before I eat in future!

Strangely enough that's the site I got the information from. I assumed the UK system was the same actually. It wasn't exactly the same product, just something I thought was similar. I've learned my lesson. I'll be checking the points before I eat in future!

I think it is but I have found when reading that site the last few weeks that some of the points are wrong.

I'll definitely be a bit more wary in the future. I like the site though, it's a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I like the site minimims forums too, but it's just normal people like us who are pointing things so there are bound to be errors. I find it great for ideas, but I'd still check things if in doubt.

Eeeep I put the wrong figures in. They still works out at 2PP for one as opposed to 2PP for three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Just a heads up for Ultimate Value Diary as sometimes that is wrong too. I scanned those frozen Donuts with Jam and Cream out of curiosity as my OH got them and they came up as 4 which I thought was very low so I checked the information that was stored for them and the fat figure inserted was the saturated fat. The donuts are actually 5pp. So sometimes double check things or point yourself as the info could wrong.

Bought loop the loops today and mint mini rolls. Yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Hey all

Anyone have any idea how many points are in the non alcoholic erdinger bottles?? I think they are roughly the size of a pint bottle. Thanks!

dno7239 wrote: »
    Hey all

Anyone have any idea how many points are in the non alcoholic erdinger bottles?? I think they are roughly the size of a pint bottle. Thanks!

As there's no alcohol in it you should be able to point it normally using the carbs? From the info I found online it would seem a 500ml bottle, which I think is the pint one, is 3 points.

Back to reality today great time away and if anything it has thought me that i can make healthy choices and still enjoy myself! I know had some bold stuff and little exercise but hey it was a holiday!

hoping my food will be spot on today and tomorrow before weigh in anyways! Heading to the Good food and wine show in the city today.. And weight watchers have a stand so im excited to see what nice things i can get :-)

Please let me have a better day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hello all! Very proud of myself today - ran/jogged my first 10k yesterday! Really didn't think I would be able for it - I'd had a family BBQ the night before that ran late, the course was very steep in places, the heat was frankly astonishing and it was the first day of my period!! Lots of factors that could have been excellent excuses to enjoy a nice walk ;-) but I managed to job (very slowly at times) the ENTIRE THING. Really excited because I only started running 11 weeks ago; at the start I struggled with running 3 mins and yesterday I did 10k! It was a slow time (1 23), and really I feel in normal weather on a slightly flatter course, I might be able to think about getting a 1 15 or even a 1 10. I'm kind of thinking of trying the Dublin half marathon later in the year - I think I have the bug!

Of course, I pigged out like Miss Piggy yesterday on Dominos after the race. Not going to beat myself up though, it was a once off. Hope everyone enjoyed the lovely weather this weekend!

Hello all! Very proud of myself today - ran/jogged my first 10k yesterday! Really didn't think I would be able for it - I'd had a family BBQ the night before that ran late, the course was very steep in places, the heat was frankly astonishing and it was the first day of my period!! Lots of factors that could have been excellent excuses to enjoy a nice walk ;-) but I managed to job (very slowly at times) the ENTIRE THING. Really excited because I only started running 11 weeks ago; at the start I struggled with running 3 mins and yesterday I did 10k! It was a slow time (1 23), and really I feel in normal weather on a slightly flatter course, I might be able to think about getting a 1 15 or even a 1 10. I'm kind of thinking of trying the Dublin half marathon later in the year - I think I have the bug!

Of course, I pigged out like Miss Piggy yesterday on Dominos after the race. Not going to beat myself up though, it was a once off. Hope everyone enjoyed the lovely weather this weekend!

Congrats on the jog great achievement well done you :) x

Wow, well done cailleach an airgid! :D

Wow, well done cailleach an airgid! :D

Second that, EXCELLENT achievement! :)

1st weigh in in two weeks today after the Bank Holiday. Bit anxious but sure will go anyway, face the music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Does anyone know how many pp are in a slice of McCloskey's Brown Bread?
    Please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all,

I've been hiding in the side lines for the last few weeks...have had some surprise losses and then it all caught up with me last week...I'm back up to 11. 7 AGH!!!

I'm exercising a lot more but well running for 30 mins and eating crap is not going to led to a weight loss.

My mum's friend commented at the weekend my face has gotten very thin, my reply "pity about the rest of me" And that's the truth.

I know the finishing line is in sight, I read about everyones HUGE losses on here & I count myself lucky that I've not got far to go. (which makes me hit myself knowing it's only a small amount)

I know I can do it but my a** is not remotely in gear.

I struggle to get below 11. 5, I'm wishing praying hoping that once I get below it, I will see the difference and grow more confidence to just keep at it.

AGH ok people send me WILLPOWER please xxx

Advertisement