Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Lormuz wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many pp are in a slice of McCloskey's Brown Bread?
    Please?

Is that like the Mc Cambridges one? If it is, they're the same as normal bread. 2pp for 1 slice and 5 for 2 as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well I've been AWOL the last few weeks. I've been so busy in work that I haven't been able to make meetings and WW has been non existent. I am going back to my meeting on Wednesday. I've no idea how much I'll be up but I'll take it and get straight back on track. I haven't had a change to read back over all the posts but well done to anyone who has lost and welcome to any new people. I'll try and do a blog post later if I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I was wondering if anyone could help me point a beef stew. It was on a small plate but I would say the equivalent to a chowder bowl. There was quite a bit of beef, a small amount of potatoes and then carrots and turnip. It was a gravy stew as well. I have calculated 15 points...7 for 250g beef, 3 for 150g potatoes, 0 veg and 5 for the gravy? Would anyone know if I am underestimating it?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could help me point a beef stew. It was on a small plate but I would say the equivalent to a chowder bowl. There was quite a bit of beef, a small amount of potatoes and then carrots and turnip. It was a gravy stew as well. I have calculated 15 points...7 for 250g beef, 3 for 150g potatoes, 0 veg and 5 for the gravy? Would anyone know if I am underestimating it?

Prob a good guess the only thing is the gravy that could be a bit hard to guess but 5 seems ok!

In other news im back on track weigh in tonight which i would say ill be up but im back on it and that's all that matter!

I read an article the other day explaining how a few bad days or off days will not make much difference to the bigger picture of the weight loss journey so to those of you like me who haven't had a perfect week remember its only a tiny step in the whole journey and you can overcome it very quickly!

Have a great week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

A STS for me yesterday. Could've been better but hey it's not a gain :)

Here's to another good week y'all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tonight. Half pound more to my fifth silver 7, I hope I've lost it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Lost the 1 1/2 lb i put up last week, so that is good, but sometimes i feel that this is really slow going!!!
    I definately found the other points system better i think.....

bank holiday weekends are a killer for me...

I have 4 weeks to my holidays now, so want to lose 7 lbs... fingers crossed i get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭TheVman

i have been on the slide there for about 4 or 5 months because with missus vman we had our first baby and so i gave up sport in the evenings and we cook alot more at home and in general snack more etc.. Result is about 7 kilos of belly and double jaw. Have to admit Im pushing towards 40 so the metabolism is slowing down and generally probably alot slower at burning fat...
    I read recently that certain food and drinks favorise the burning of fat, in the article they spoke about raspberries and green tea having certain elements which burn fat ?
    I am getting back into the sport at lunch times and being more careful with the grub but it aint easy.
    Any one have any other magic potions or adivce to give in terms of fat burning foods ?

I bloody lost 400g. Equivalent to 1lb absolutely delighted with my life.i got thru a weekend away with both good and some bad foods had a ball and lost!

Weight watchers has again made me realise its a way of life! And with the correct choices and approach anyone can succeed! 7.2kg down, 8 weigh ins down! Yay :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Hi all,

I've been hiding in the side lines for the last few weeks...have had some surprise losses and then it all caught up with me last week...I'm back up to 11. 7 AGH!!!

I'm exercising a lot more but well running for 30 mins and eating crap is not going to led to a weight loss.

My mum's friend commented at the weekend my face has gotten very thin, my reply "pity about the rest of me" And that's the truth.

I know the finishing line is in sight, I read about everyones HUGE losses on here & I count myself lucky that I've not got far to go. (which makes me hit myself knowing it's only a small amount)

I know I can do it but my a** is not remotely in gear.

I struggle to get below 11. 5, I'm wishing praying hoping that once I get below it, I will see the difference and grow more confidence to just keep at it.

AGH ok people send me WILLPOWER please xxx

I know exactly how you feel...can't get it in my head at the moment. Up 1 down 1 for the past month. Pissed off with it at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Hi all i finally decided to join weight watchers last night, first weigh in was a shock as I didn't realise I was as heavy as I actually am. I am going to give it everything I have to lose the weight. Wish me luck :)

Welcome blondie and best of luck with your weight loss. :)

I find this thread great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Feeling great this week - I have eaten all my weeklies but I have noticed a difference in the way I look. I have def lost the bloating I was carrying last week. Lets hope that translates to a loss on the scales - still nervous as I never know where I stand. And I have done very little exercise this week so we'll see how that works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Welcome blondie and best of luck with your weight loss. :)

I find this thread great :)

Thanks purple paws i just hope im working out these pro points right!

It's difficult at first, I was used to the Points system from a couple of years back before I re-joined. :)

blondie7 wrote: »
    Hi all i finally decided to join weight watchers last night, first weigh in was a shock as I didn't realise I was as heavy as I actually am. I am going to give it everything I have to lose the weight. Wish me luck :)

Welcome along! The first weigh in is always a shock! Ul find this thread amazing this is maybe my fourth time in ww and its really working well.. Final time too :)

If you want any advice or tips feel free to throw the questions out there im sure there are lots of us that would love to help you out :)

Lormuz wrote: »
    Lost the 1 1/2 lb i put up last week, so that is good, but sometimes i feel that this is really slow going!!!
    I definately found the other points system better i think.....

bank holiday weekends are a killer for me...

I have 4 weeks to my holidays now, so want to lose 7 lbs... fingers crossed i get there!

I know how you feel. This week is my 3rd week back. The first week I lost 1lb then I gained back that lb last week. I am hoping for a decent loss this week to make up for it but my scales at home aren't showing much. I think this plan is slower because fruit is free and its aimed at a more healthy lifestyle and therefore a healthy loss of a lb a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hello all,
    Back from my hols in Croatia last night. Figured I'd bite the bullet and get straight on the scales this morning and back to tracking. 5lb gain. Bit sad about that but I ate a lot of bread and pasta, drank a lot of vino and splurged quite a lot which is nay good for me. Just did a nice big healthy Tesco shop to be delivered tomorrow night with loads of fruit and veg and should be back to normal in no time. I guess the important thing is that even with my big holiday gain I still weigh less than I did last year before I went hols and I intend to weigh even less when I go on my big NZ adventure at the end of this year. 6 months and 27.8lbs to goal. Bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Down 2.5lbs so delighted. Comfortably back within my 5lbs. Talked to my leader and since have been up and down every 2nd week gonna switch to weighing in every second week. See how it works for me - just have to stay dosciplined so counting on you all here to keep me on the straight and narrow!!

• Advertisement

Up 1.5lbs. So disappointed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Up 1.5lbs. So disappointed. :(

Try not to focus on the gain, look at all the positives. This is your first gain and you've been doing this for months..that's pretty impressive. And your overall weight loss has been incredible. Plus iirc you had a pretty big loss last week? Was it 4lbs? So if that's the case, between this week and last week you lost 2.5lbs. That's not too shabby at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

I've been reading this thread and want to offer some advice to everyone if thats ok.....

People are placing too much emphasis on their weigh ins. Your body weight fluctuates during the day, from day to day, depending on what food and liquids you consume. So say you eat and drink differently on the day leading up to and the day of your weigh in each week, it wont give accurate results. What is important is the Trend.

The trend over the course of a month should be enough to give an idea of how you are progressing. Not the trend over 7 days.

Each gram of carbohydrate consumed tries to grab 3 grams of water from your body. This is why when people cut out sugary foods they see an immediate drop in weight, the vast majority being water.

So if 3 days before a weigh in you cut your carbohydrate intake drastically then you will experience substantial weight loss. However it will only be minor fat loss. This just gives an example of how weight can fluctuate but not mean major fat gain or loss.

I don't know how much nutritional advice these classes give for €10 a pop but there is an abundance of it for free on this site and elsewhere on the internet.

My advice is to take control of your diet. Research diet & nutrition properly, don't rely on someone who you meet once a week. Dedicate yourself to it, become a little bit obsessed with it, and you will achieve results very quickly.

I don't think becoming obsessed with losing the weight is the right way to go. That could lead to losing it in an unhealthy way IMO. I don't think I personally rely on my leader. It's me and me alone that's doing the hard work to get myself to a healthy weight, not her. She does help but she's not the one making my food choices or telling me to go get some exercise.

Try not to focus on the gain, look at all the positives. This is your first gain and you've been doing this for months..that's pretty impressive. And your overall weight loss has been incredible. Plus iirc you had a pretty big loss last week? Was it 4lbs? So if that's the case, between this week and last week you lost 2.5lbs. That's not too shabby at all :)

I'm drawing a line under it. A new week begins tomorrow and I'm going to try my hardest. I'm of until Monday so I've got loads of time for exercise. :)

Last week I lost 4.5lbs and I really wasn't expecting to so there was bound to be a gain somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chocoholic 10

Hi everyone,

I have just joined WW this evening. It worked for me before with over 3 stone loss but It crept back on over the years.

Enjoying reading through past posts on here. Here's to a new me 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Down 2.5lbs so delighted. Comfortably back within my 5lbs. Talked to my leader and since have been up and down every 2nd week gonna switch to weighing in every second week. See how it works for me - just have to stay dosciplined so counting on you all here to keep me on the straight and narrow!!

[QUOTE=x Purple Pawprints x;85027265]I don't think becoming obsessed with losing the weight is the right way to go. That could lead to losing it in an unhealthy way IMO. I don't think I personally rely on my leader. It's me and me alone that's doing the hard work to get myself to a healthy weight, not her. She does help but she's not the one making my food choices or telling me to go get some exercise.[/QUOTE]

If the above is the advice being given i.e. change the regularity of weigh ins rather than examine diet and exercise for change, then id be skipping the class rather than the weigh ins.

when we set goals in life we must become obsessed to a certain extent to attain them. theres is nothing unhealthy about that. Its drive and focus.

people are obsessed with the weekly weigh ins to gauge progress. now thats unhealthy.

anyway no more advice from mise :o

If the above is the advice being given i.e. change the regularity of weigh ins rather than examine diet and exercise for change, then id be skipping the class rather than the weigh ins.

when we set goals in life we must become obsessed to a certain extent to attain them. theres is nothing unhealthy about that. Its drive and focus.

people are obsessed with the weekly weigh ins to gauge progress. now thats unhealthy.

anyway no more advice from mise :o

While you are right in regards at looking at the bigger picture and not the scales, I do think you are being a little too judgemental of Weight Watchers. Have you ever been to a meeting? My leader is great at teaching nutrition and encouraging us to eat proper, healthy meals and she personally does not like any of the Weight Watchers products. I know there are some leaders that like you say don't promote proper nutrition and that is why I go out of my way to go to the meeting that I do. In regards to the bit in bold, if you are referring to Tiny Penguins post, then you should know that she is already at her goal weight and that is why she is changing her weigh in regularity. She is actually doing what you suggest and not get hung up on the scales.

On a slightly different note, my leader mentioned in class last week that we do not have to get weighed in if we don't want to. She said we can still attend the class for free if we feel like we are struggling and the scales aren't moving.

I'm drawing a line under it. A new week begins tomorrow and I'm going to try my hardest. I'm of until Monday so I've got loads of time for exercise. :)

Last week I lost 4.5lbs and I really wasn't expecting to so there was bound to be a gain somewhere.

I only commented recently how you have never had a gain (hope I didn't jinx it!). You really have done so well since you started and you had such a big loss last week and correct me if I am wrong, but did you expect a gain last week? Maybe its just your body adjusting to the big loss and having done the mini marathon last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

TheVman wrote: »
    i have been on the slide there for about 4 or 5 months because with missus vman we had our first baby and so i gave up sport in the evenings and we cook alot more at home and in general snack more etc.. Result is about 7 kilos of belly and double jaw. Have to admit Im pushing towards 40 so the metabolism is slowing down and generally probably alot slower at burning fat...
    I read recently that certain food and drinks favorise the burning of fat, in the article they spoke about raspberries and green tea having certain elements which burn fat ?
    I am getting back into the sport at lunch times and being more careful with the grub but it aint easy.
    Any one have any other magic potions or adivce to give in terms of fat burning foods ?

I am not sure about fat burning foods but heard cayenne pepper (and other spicy foods) kick start the metabolism. Plenty of water helps the metabolism too.

Advertisement