Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

blondie7 wrote: »
    Hi guys what is the best low fat butter to use?

I use Flora light. I think it's 1pp for 10g.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I use Flora light. I think it's 1pp for 10g.

Plus one for the flora light. I find its better than other butters for cooking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Louloubaby - welcome to the thread. Don't be embarrassed about being a WW, we all started the same and you should be very proud of yourself for making this decision for you! Sounds like you're getting into the swing of it. When I started, making sure to faithfully weigh my food and record what I was eating really helped me to make good decisions and learn where I am likely to gorge on bread and cheese (about eleven o clock in the morning and also at eleven o clock at night!!). Best of luck, come hang out with us here, it really helps, particularly on days where it's a little bit harder.

Cavangal - congrats on the 5k! Great feeling to get there, isn't it? It's such a shame the manky weather is disincentivising getting out there, though it's also disincentivising icecream, pint of bulmers and barbeques, so you win some lose some ;-).

Tiny - I'm just trialling your flapjacks too (they're in the oven). I'm using maple syrup (just to be contrary as it's my favourite) - I'll let you know how I get on. I will admit I licked the spoon and the mix is YUM!

Duffy - Sorry to hear you're feeling bloated. I find drinking more water helps when I feel that way - if you're worried though maybe talk to your doctor, just to put your mind at ease.

Shellybelly and Purplepawprints - so glad to hear that your week is going well - I'm trying very hard here to have a very good one and the inspiration is very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

GraceKWW wrote: »
    Hey everyone I went away last week to France and had a active,refreshing holiday and I was sooo nervous about the scales today but because of my good doings on my bicycle I managed a 2 1/2 lb loss....I got my second silver 7 today and I have to say the motivation I got from it was unreal :D I realized I can still live and be a healthy gal so Thank you WW for making me feel this way and keeping me going :D

Hello! Congrats on your 2nd silver 7! I got my 2nd one yesterday and have 6.5lbs to go to goal. I was just wondering if you were on an organised activity type holiday as I'm thinking of going on something similar later in the year... I'm getting addicted to the endorphin high with exercise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hello all!
    Does anyone know a good app for training from 10k to half marathon? I've used ones for couch to 5k and then another for bridging to 10k and love the support of it.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Ok, I started a blog :D. Just if anyone wants the link
    http://newskinnyclodagh.blogspot.ie/
    Its just myself rambling on but its nice to write it all down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lol.. Glitter that's all my blog is - me rambling.. :p

OMG guys the Muller Light Fudge desserts are gorgeous! And only 2PP! :D

Foxxykate - Hal Higdon's programme was recommended to me - he has several for different levels. I'm starting the programme on Monday, but it looks quite sensible to me.

Had to hide Tiny's delicious flapjack's in a tin up on the high press - the maple syrup worked really well but there's some taste of more off them! Great recipe - nearly too nice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Im going to try and limit myself to one post a week!! I know im being a pain but could everyone who has blogs send me the links again? I have a few (purple pawprints and jwacquis) but im OBSESSED with them at the moment so I need more more more haha, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Glitter13 wrote: »
    Im going to try and limit myself to one post a week!! I know im being a pain but could everyone who has blogs send me the links again? I have a few (purple pawprints and jwacquis) but im OBSESSED with them at the moment so I need more more more haha, thanks :D

Mine is http://59lbstogo.blogspot.co.uk/ - just updated it last night and will be updating again later hopefully.

Have signed up for the docklands 10k next Thursday - its pretty soon after the mini marathon but its an evening run so the temp will be cooler and hopefully can get a good time. Have been humming and hawing bout it since last week and just bit the bullet and signed up last night!

• Advertisement

I'm the same. One post a week and I generally post after weighing in but I think I might do one tonight so that'll be 2 this week. :o

I have become really obsessed with mine as well but I find it does help me stay on track! Congrats on the engagement!! http://fattoslimin50lbs.blogspot.ie/?m=1

Mine is http://59lbstogo.blogspot.co.uk/ - just updated it last night and will be updating again later hopefully.

Have signed up for the docklands 10k next Thursday - its pretty soon after the mini marathon but its an evening run so the temp will be cooler and hopefully can get a good time. Have been humming and hawing bout it since last week and just bit the bullet and signed up last night!

I know you mentioned your feature in the RTE Guide but just after having a look at it there on your blog, you look absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi,

Can I ask is has the Pro U been given out at this weeks or last weeks class?

Thanks

Down 2lbs tonight. Not quite what I wanted but still happy. Our meeting was so good tonight. It was about identifying our weakness in relation to Weight Watchers and making an effort to change them this week. I'm going to avoid all fizzy drinks as I think the carbonation is causing bloating so it'll be a double plus if I manage it!

I know you mentioned your feature in the RTE Guide but just after having a look at it there on your blog, you look absolutely beautiful!

Thanks so much - I dont recognise myself when I look at it. I wish I looked like that every day :-)

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Down 2lbs tonight. Not quite what I wanted but still happy. Our meeting was so good tonight. It was about identifying our weakness in relation to Weight Watchers and making an effort to change them this week. I'm going to avoid all fizzy drinks as I think the carbonation is causing bloating so it'll be a double plus if I manage it!

Well done, 2lbs is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Duffy89 wrote: »

Well done great loss! and a very good challenge to set yourself for the coming week :)

Today is my biggest challenge of the week, breakfast out with work AND lunch out with work! Hoping i can keep it to eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch is at a yum cha restaurant which serves dumpings Asian style so hoping i can get some steamed ones and maybe some san choi bao as its yummy :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Hi guys, Back again (like me name!!) Have missed meetings due to work commitments but hope to get to one next week. I paln to get cooking over the weekend as it really helps when I'm organised. Does anyone know the points for a full can of kidney beans and borlotti beans. The purple book only shows it for a small amount and I'm not sure that when I calculate up if I'm accurate enough. Please help. I find looking at all your posts really helpful btw!!

arisagain wrote: »
    Hi guys, Back again (like me name!!) Have missed meetings due to work commitments but hope to get to one next week. I paln to get cooking over the weekend as it really helps when I'm organised. Does anyone know the points for a full can of kidney beans and borlotti beans. The purple book only shows it for a small amount and I'm not sure that when I calculate up if I'm accurate enough. Please help. I find looking at all your posts really helpful btw!!

5pp for a full can drained :-)

• Advertisement

Shellybelly - I've a class reunion dinner this evening and I'm ferry concerned re what I"m going to have. The place we're going has a vegetarian option that changes daily so I can't plan - if it's not suitable, I'm just going to have to get a boring salad with the dressing on the side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down 3/4 lb! Thank goodness! I have been STS now for weeks since I took up running so I think it may be the swelling and cramps from a new exercise and some water retention. I am so motivated for next week now. And I also know my scales aren't broken. :)

I made Caramel Squares last night for bakeathon in work today. I went with full fat butter in the end to make sure they tasted nice but I cut some of them quite small so that I can have one. I also made Tiny's flapjacks for only 2pp each and I tried one last night. YUM! I will definitely make them again as they are sweet and filling.

My OH is away for the weekend and I am stony broke so it will be a challenge not to sit in and gorge. I have made a to do list like sorting my wardrobe (I hope to throw out some clothes which are now too big and fit into some which used to be too small), cleaning the apartment, going for a run. I have a wild weekend ahead of me ;)

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Shellybelly - I've a class reunion dinner this evening and I'm ferry concerned re what I"m going to have. The place we're going has a vegetarian option that changes daily so I can't plan - if it's not suitable, I'm just going to have to get a boring salad with the dressing on the side...

Hey!

i was going to say even steak with vegetables if possible but i assume your vegetarian doh! :-\ if you eat fish maybe try out that option or maybe if they do anything like an omelette maybe if you don't fancy salad!

My lunch worked out at 22pp! was very enjoyable and didn't feel sickly full afterwards! i basically got the pp from Googling the nutritional info for each dumpling and adding them up its the most accurate i can be unfortunately! but i have my weeklies so well covered!

Enjoy your dinner out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Does anyone know how many points are in the large bottles of west coast cooler rose? Thanks

Natmus wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points are in the large bottles of west coast cooler rose? Thanks

There are 5 in the 250ml. Presume the large one is 750ml? So 15pp.

Day 3 of Operation Fifth Silver 7 is going well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Think I'm doing well feeling really good today I haven't gone outside of my points or used my any of my weeklies yet and I have managed to have really filling meals and still have a cuppa and a little treat in the evening which is great :-).
    Going to treat myself in the morning to the mushrooms in Philadelphia and toast recipe but I'm going to add some some bacon to it yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

There are 5 in the 250ml. Presume the large one is 750ml? So 15pp.

Thank you!

Soooooooooo proud of myself ... my boss arrived in with a box of cupcakes and I didn't have any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a first ever I think!

Hope I can keep it up for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

WI today, 3lb down and my first silver 7! Im delighted, i will never ever see 13st again on a scales!

Hope everyone is well and having a good week

• Advertisement

Well done on the losses everyone :)

Godders I was the same weight as you and that's exactly what I said too :D Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss :)

Advertisement