Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Does anyone know how many PP are in an Ice-cream cone with Flake??
    Work organised ice-creams at lunch and i couldn't resist...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Someone told me on the Facebook page last week that there are 10PP in a 99. Not sure if it's correct though. Still, I actually thought there would be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Someone told me on the Facebook page last week that there are 10PP in a 99. Not sure if it's correct though. Still, I actually thought there would be more.
    Aghhh!!!!!!
    Oh my god, was thinking more like 6 or 7....:eek:

Lormuz wrote: »
    Aghhh!!!!!!

I might be wrong though, check it out. I'll have a look on Skinnydoll later, that blog is great :)

Use your weeklies and you should be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

The weekend looms and I need to save my weeklies for our anniversary meal on Tuesday. I want to have some wine with it (or another low pp alco drink, maybe coors light) and have steak so I have to save my pp and earn some exercise pp. Anyone have tips to prevent the weekend muchies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Re: 99's, I don't know about points but I think there is 240 calories in one but 12g of fat, that second bit turned me right off them!

12g of fat? Jesus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Lormuz wrote: »
    Aghhh!!!!!!

When I was pointing ice-creams for my blog last week, any info I could find was saying 5 points for a small 99 without flake. I had one on Saturday and I specifically asked for it to be small so I pointed it at 7 in total as flakes wouldn't be that high in points. Hope that helps.

Also for anyone struggling, I decided to do a post on my blog based on the topic of my meeting last night. I found the meeting so motivating that I thought it might help others. Here you go http://fattoslimin50lbs.blogspot.ie/2013/06/it-is-more-than-diet-it-is-lifestyle.html?m=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I started weight watchers for the 3rd time last night, had taken a break since Feb due to college placement and was still down 7 pounds so I got my 5% sticker and my little stone so it was worth going back :D Does anyone know how many pps are in a bit of ballymaloe relish? Love it in a toastie :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

CavanGal wrote: »
    The weekend looms and I need to save my weeklies for our anniversary meal on Tuesday. I want to have some wine with it (or another low pp alco drink, maybe coors light) and have steak so I have to save my pp and earn some exercise pp. Anyone have tips to prevent the weekend muchies?

Hello! i generally try keep busy, plan some good exercise, and cook up some healthy food! defo helps me stay on try had a big pp day yday so will be sticking to the 29 until wi Monday :)

I mentioned a few days ago that I was feeling bloated and my fingers were swollen. Yesterday I saw a huge improvement and this morning I woke up feeling really good. I think I've discovered what was causing it...grapes. I was eating a portion of grapes every day as a snack. I stopped on Thursday and once I did the bloating subsided. I thought I'd share that as I was reading up on it and fruit in general can cause bloating. Just something to keep an eye out for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just had the most delicious breakfast of blueberries, raspberries a banana with coconut yoghurt and a tablespoon of granola. So good for 4pp and I'm stuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Thanks Tiny Penguin!!

Just had the most delicious breakfast of blueberries, raspberries a banana with coconut yoghurt and a tablespoon of granola. So good for 4pp and I'm stuffed!

That sounds yummy :)

I made your flapjacks today and they are lovely! had two earlier and my oh was impressed, might bring the rest into work im always telling them i love to bake/cook and never supply any evidence :-)

Another very good day for me, yippee!! :D

Another very good day for me, yippee!! :D

Feeling the same myself! days have been good haven't had anything very bold been tracking and used about half my weeklies Friday so hoping for a loss tomorrow at weigh in but sure hey we just never know feeling good either way- that's the main thing :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm meant to be on 39 points a day, can barely make it to 29!! I suppose that can only be good right?? :P

As long as you're not going under 26 I think you should be okay. I'm on 26 and I still find it quite hard to eat them all sometimes. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'm meant to be on 39 points a day, can barely make it to 29!! I suppose that can only be good right?? :P

You should eat your full daily points allowance otherwise you risk plateau-ing quite soon into your weightloss journey. If you consistently eat less than your points allowance, when your points allowance drops, you may not lose weight as your body has gotten use to less points.

To make it up to your dailies, try adding healthy fats like avocado or oily fish or unsalted nuts to your meals. Eat full fat dairy and drink full fat milk, it's better for you anyway. Have orange juice with your breakfast.

Weeklies are optional so if you want a treat, you can use your dailies.

• Advertisement

Just to let you know Tesco have some special offers on some Weight Watcher friendly foods atm. Kraft light salad dressings are €1.50, were €1.99. Spiegels are only €1, were €1.20. Not much but every little helps! I bought a few packets and I'm just going to put them in the freezer as they defrost really quickly.

Day 5 is off to a good start! :)

Had my breakfast which was 40g of the Aldi red berry cereal with 100ml of skimmed milk which was 5PP. Then had half a veg spring roll. A full one works out at 4PP so I'm counting 2PP.

I've just been out for a walk/jog. 5km in just under 46 minutes. Walked the first km, jogged all the second, walked the 3rd, jogged some of the 4th, walked a bit and jogged the last one home. Not bad considering I did almost no exercise before I re-joined WW.

I've found my before pic. God I'm huge in it and I didn't realise it at the time. It's from Christmas 2011 and my dress that I thought I looked skinny in is a size 20 and I'm barely squeezing into it. It's safe to say I'm not letting myself go back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I started weight watchers for the 3rd time last night, had taken a break since Feb due to college placement and was still down 7 pounds so I got my 5% sticker and my little stone so it was worth going back :D Does anyone know how many pps are in a bit of ballymaloe relish? Love it in a toastie :)

Check the nutritional information and use the calculator on the WW website.

I just made a delicious celeriac and apple soup. My leader was telling us about how celeriac is a good fat burning food so I decided to give it a go. I made enough to do me for lunch for the week.

I just made the French Toasties from the WW website. OMG yummy!!! And only 7PP. I have 2 left for the night now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Went running this morning, at about mile 4, went over on my ankle, all day in a&e, ligaments bruised (not broken which is great) but probably laid up for the next while, big manly swollen ankle, feeling v v v v sorry for myself but thankfully can't drive to get chips. (My usual pity food...)

A pretty crap day! :-(

Went running this morning, at about mile 4, went over on my ankle, all day in a&e, ligaments bruised (not broken which is great) but probably laid up for the next while, big manly swollen ankle, feeling v v v v sorry for myself but thankfully can't drive to get chips. (My usual pity food...)

Aaaah crap! *hugs for you* x

Hope you get better soon. Focus on getting better and weight loss will come naturally!

• Advertisement

I have had a strange weekend in terms of food. I have stuck religiously to points and used all my 49 points. However I ate so much junk food it was ridiculous. So it'll be interesting to see how the scales fare on Thursday when technically I was still within points. Its a bad habit and one that I don't plan on keeping.

Advertisement