Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

After having a fantastic first week (managed to use none of my weeklies) I ruined it all today :-( I knew the trip home to my mums would be a disaster used all my daily allowance amd half my weeklies today! Feel so ashamed of myself I managed to undo all the good work in one day :-( dreading WI tomorrow :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

blondie7 wrote: »
    After having a fantastic first week (managed to use none of my weeklies) I ruined it all today :-( I knew the trip home to my mums would be a disaster used all my daily allowance amd half my weeklies today! Feel so ashamed of myself I managed to undo all the good work in one day :-( dreading WI tomorrow :-(

How is that a disaster? Your weeklies are there to be used. A disaster is going over your weeklies!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

How is that a disaster? Your weeklies are there to be used. A disaster is going over your weeklies!

Ibarelycare is right- You are fine. I have used half my weeklies and all my dailies for the week and am feeling quite positive for WI tonight!

Hoping for 800g loss, that will get me to 8kg loss.. say your prayers for me please :D

I made a lovely turkey mince based pizza Saturday, and tiny's flapjacks and they were both yummy!

I made tiny's spicy fish cakes for lunch in work with salad and they are yum- I used pink ling instead of haddock and a little less weet pots and they worked out a 5pp each (the recipe only made 5) so one a day in work this week- Delighted!

I said to my OH last night that being healthy takes so much planning.. it does! But i will be chuffed if its reflected on the scales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Had a good weekend. Stuck to points Friday and Saturday. Then yesterday we went for our anniversary dinner. Its not till tomorrow and its 6 years. Neither of us can believe how fast the time has gone. The restaurant had calories on the menu so I used the estimator on my Value Diary to point it and it came to my weeklies so happy out. I had one glass of wine and it wasn't nice at all so I stuck to water and drove so my OH could have a few pints. The food was divine those - salmon croquettes, fillet steak and chocolate fudge. The desert didn't have the calories but I had 18 weeklies left so that should cover it.

Anyway I am going to be perfect for this week and run and train my a*s off and hope for a bit loss on Friday so I can get this journey moving again.

shellybelly, you're right that it takes planning but sometimes I think we forget that most people who are slim plan and exercise to stay that way. I know from seeing my slim friends that they work hard to be that way and it becomes a habit for them so it is not a constant battle.

Anyway, onwards and downwards!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Had a good weekend. Stuck to points Friday and Saturday. Then yesterday we went for our anniversary dinner. Its not till tomorrow and its 6 years. Neither of us can believe how fast the time has gone. The restaurant had calories on the menu so I used the estimator on my Value Diary to point it and it came to my weeklies so happy out. I had one glass of wine and it wasn't nice at all so I stuck to water and drove so my OH could have a few pints. The food was divine those - salmon croquettes, fillet steak and chocolate fudge. The desert didn't have the calories but I had 18 weeklies left so that should cover it.

Anyway I am going to be perfect for this week and run and train my a*s off and hope for a bit loss on Friday so I can get this journey moving again.

shellybelly, you're right that it takes planning but sometimes I think we forget that most people who are slim plan and exercise to stay that way. I know from seeing my slim friends that they work hard to be that way and it becomes a habit for them so it is not a constant battle.

Anywauy, onwards and downwards!

I'd say we all have those hateable friends though who can eat whatever they want and still stay slim :D My housemate is like that. If I didn't live with her I'd think that she ate really well, but she eats like an absolute pig for the most part, does very little exercise, and still has a great figure!

Dying for my WI this week after missing it last week. I'd be delighted with a STS but realistically there's a chance I'm up. Roll on Wednesday so I can find out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Hello all! I'm back from holidays and managed a stay the same! Ate a rake of icecream but also did so much walking while sight seeing! ended up walking 8 miles one of the days which is a first for me as usually on hols I lie by the pool all day but this was a different kindof a holiday seeing loads of cities!
    Anyway I really need to get back into decreasing that number on the scales.... I've been at this weight now since April, bit of a yo-yo, might lose a few pounds but they would go back on again, I know why, I wasn't tracking at all but I have kept up the exercise so time to get moving now, cop on with my food and get rid of them once and for all!
    I am wondering if any of you have a recipe for a nice tasty soup that is either 0pp or 1 or 2 pp? I used to always make carrot and parsnip one but I think I've over done it as I can't even look at the stuff anymore so looking for a recipe for a tomato or mushroom soup maybe? OR any other suggestions welcome!
    Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I have always used my entire 49 weeklies since I started, so I really wouldn't worry too much about using them - they're incorporated into the programme so use away.

Bb86- I love soup and always add a little pointed ingredients to make it more filling - it means that just a 2pp bowl of soup fills me for lunch, without going near bread and spread! I find the red split lentils (u get them in Aldi for about a euro and they last ages) brilliant, as they have some protein as well as complex carbs. About 40g is plenty for a pot with four bowls of soup and makes it really thick and hearty! I generally don't work to a recipe with soup (just guesstimate) but some of my favourite combinations are tomato, red pepper and chilli, broccoli and cauliflower (this is nicer thickened with potato than lentil), celeriac and apple, spinach and potato (use frozen spinach and be careful to pp the spud, this might be a bit higher n pp than others). I always start my soup using onion, celery and garlic, sweat them off, then add whatever veg and sauté for a few minutes, then add boiling water and a stock cube (I love the knorr stock pots for 1pp, but the dried ones are 0), bubble away at medium til all is soft and then blend with the stick blender (I like my soup blended). The weeks I make soup, my weight loss has been the best and, for me, adding some bulk for low pp bowls works really well. I'm a veggie, so I don't tend to have meat soups, but I'm sure others have some ideas! Welcome back to the thread btw!

So I'm hopping around the house on crutches today - still can't weight bear. It's so FRUSTRATING! And apparently can't run for two months, when I was just starting to enjoy it. I'm wondering if my massively swollen ankle will impact on my weigh in this week too - and if ill be able t stand still on the scales on one foot! The INCONVENIENCE of it all (and its very very sore too, I woke at about four this morning because I stretched my foot in my sleep and sent a jolt up my leg. Horrible!).

Sorry for giving out, I'm really in need of a vent this morning :-(.

Sorry to hear about your injury Cailleach! There was a girl in my group that had a full boot on her foot (broken foot) and still weighed in and allowed whatever the boot weighed and subtracted.. if you get me! Try and think of the positives- the things you can do and think of the things you can catch up on if your at home and you can still plan food wise..I have faith you can come out on top of this :)

I lost 1.4kg this week.. am super super happy!!!!! :D My treat is some raisin toast (I have weeklies to cover it!)

Onwards and downwards people :) Can honestly say I would not be having losses if it weren't for all the support from you guys and the facebook page!! Everyona has great ideas/tips and motivation and its just great :)

Shellybelly-that is an amazing loss! Wowee, you are doing amazingly well! 1.4kg is 3lbs everyone - that is BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

I have always used my entire 49 weeklies since I started, so I really wouldn't worry too much about using them - they're incorporated into the programme so use away.

Bb86- I love soup and always add a little pointed ingredients to make it more filling - it means that just a 2pp bowl of soup fills me for lunch, without going near bread and spread! I find the red split lentils (u get them in Aldi for about a euro and they last ages) brilliant, as they have some protein as well as complex carbs. About 40g is plenty for a pot with four bowls of soup and makes it really thick and hearty! I generally don't work to a recipe with soup (just guesstimate) but some of my favourite combinations are tomato, red pepper and chilli, broccoli and cauliflower (this is nicer thickened with potato than lentil), celeriac and apple, spinach and potato (use frozen spinach and be careful to pp the spud, this might be a bit higher n pp than others). I always start my soup using onion, celery and garlic, sweat them off, then add whatever veg and sauté for a few minutes, then add boiling water and a stock cube (I love the knorr stock pots for 1pp, but the dried ones are 0), bubble away at medium til all is soft and then blend with the stick blender (I like my soup blended). The weeks I make soup, my weight loss has been the best and, for me, adding some bulk for low pp bowls works really well. I'm a veggie, so I don't tend to have meat soups, but I'm sure others have some ideas! Welcome back to the thread btw!

So I'm hopping around the house on crutches today - still can't weight bear. It's so FRUSTRATING! And apparently can't run for two months, when I was just starting to enjoy it. I'm wondering if my massively swollen ankle will impact on my weigh in this week too - and if ill be able t stand still on the scales on one foot! The INCONVENIENCE of it all (and its very very sore too, I woke at about four this morning because I stretched my foot in my sleep and sent a jolt up my leg. Horrible!).

Sorry for giving out, I'm really in need of a vent this morning :-(.

Hi Cailleach,
    That must be so frustrating for you...I thought I would post as a similar thing happened me last year. What I found helpful was finding another activity besides running that I could do until my leg got better - I really got into cycling... Maybe you could work on some upper body exercises? You *will* get better. When the initial bad swelling goes down, your physio can probably give you some ankle rehab exercises to speed up recovery? Also keep it elevated as much as possible as this will help the swelling go down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Myself and Loughc didn't manage to post last week! He lost 1lb and I stayed the same! We are away at the moment. 3nights in a 5 star hotel, relaxing! We were in a car accident last Monday so it's a very welcome break! And only got the car back Friday at 5pm! Will miss one week of weigh in. We are having the four holiday days as a treat and will be on track the other 10days. Hopefully we can Sts or I would be prepared to have a small gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I haven't really been tracking much for the last week & half. Fell off the wagon a bit around exam time & haven't gotten back on it since! Was in london for 2days as well. Going to miss my weigh in this evening as I have to move houses, so have viewings arranged. Really feel like I need to go to a meeting & just take whatever gain it is & start afresh!

Well done everyone on the losses, ye are all doing amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Cailleach & Jwacqui,

Really sorry to read of both your accidents this week, not good news! :( hope you both are already on the mend :)

Weigh in for me this eve. Hoping for a loss, been sticking to plan so all going good, I should be down.

My regular leader is on hols for two weeks, it confirms to me that the leader you have can have a MASSIVE effect on your progress. Her stand in, while good, is no where near as motivating or as invested in her clients. I literally am looking forward to her return next Monday!

Have a great week y'all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Ok so first weigh in this evening, I really hope its good news!! Used all of my daily's and for the most part made healthy, choices with some exercise - need to do more exercise next week :-). Only used 2 of my weeklies so hopefully that a good thing. Well fingers crossed anyway!!

Thanks so much for all your kind words and to Foxxykate for the fitness advice. I'm an occupational therapist and share an office with a few physios, so ill be calling on them for advice!! i know that aqua jogging is excellent post lateral ankle sprain, so that will be my first port of call in a few weeks-I think looking into some upper body work is a good idea too-and maybe yoga at a future stage?

Jacqui and Lough- so glad you are both ok after your car accident - my goodness that must have been scary.

Best of luck with the weeks weigh ins all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Down 3lbs! Delira! ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done on the losses everyone :)

And best of luck to everyone for WI. Tomorrow night for me. First gain last week so would like a loss. Fingers crossed :)

Jwacqui and louchc - glad ye are both ok and cailleach an airgead hope you're ok too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

blondie7 wrote: »

I used all my weeklies this weekend and not on healthy food but the scales are looking good :) They are there to use them as long as you track them properly and don't go over the 49.
    bb86 wrote: »
    I am wondering if any of you have a recipe for a nice tasty soup that is either 0pp or 1 or 2 pp? I used to always make carrot and parsnip one but I think I've over done it as I can't even look at the stuff anymore so looking for a recipe for a tomato or mushroom soup maybe? OR any other suggestions welcome!
    Thanks in advance :)

I made an apple and celeriac soup over the weekend for my lunch this week and it is delicious. It is a Jamie Oliver tweaked slightly to be more Weight Watcher friendly. It is only 1 point per bowl.

Jwacqui and Loughc sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are both okay and are enjoying your break!

Well done on all the great losses. Great start to the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

down 4lb im so chuffed with myself!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done LouLouBaby! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

LouLouBaby wrote: »

That's a great loss well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

I had my first bad week this week since joining 6 weeks ago :( I haven't had my WI yet but I don't think it's going to be good news!

I moved to Galway 2 weeks ago, and I was doing really well, getting loads of exercise, etc, but then my OH came to visit for the weekend and we ate all around us! All in the name of researching my new city, of course, but I didn't even bother to think about points :/

Trying to get back on track before WI Wednesday, and can't let the weekends drag me down from now on. This needs to be a lifestyle change, not just a Monday-Friday thing!

http://eatwatchdress.blogspot.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It has been brought to the Mods attention that there is a high number posts linking to peoples blogs. Keeping in line with the site rules, Boards.ie does not allow advertising, and this is extended to websites. What is acceptable though is a discreet link in your signature. The sig rules are here.

If you feel there are recipes, tips etc. in your blog that are relevant to the discussion in this thread please produce the information within the thread rather than linking to a blog.

If any further clarification is needed, please feel free to contact me by PM. Please don't start a discussion this in the thread.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

A
    Trying to get back on track before WI Wednesday, and can't let the weekends drag me down from now on. This needs to be a lifestyle change, not just a Monday-Friday thing!

Exactly the same mindset as me at the moment! Good luck :)

Shellybelly-that is an amazing loss! Wowee, you are doing amazingly well! 1.4kg is 3lbs everyone - that is BRILLIANT!

Thank you Cailleach chuffed!!!

Well done you :) great way to start your journey!!!

Myself and Loughc didn't manage to post last week! He lost 1lb and I stayed the same! We are away at the moment. 3nights in a 5 star hotel, relaxing! We were in a car accident last Monday so it's a very welcome break! And only got the car back Friday at 5pm! Will miss one week of weigh in. We are having the four holiday days as a treat and will be on track the other 10days. Hopefully we can Sts or I would be prepared to have a small gain.

So sorry to hear of your car accident.. I was thinking we had not heard from you two in a bit! I hope you enjoy ur break away, its deserved after all of that trauma.. Thinking of you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well I bit the bullet and went to weigh in last night, up 4lbs which I will take on the chin! Back to tracking today! Just afraid of failing again this time.

Jwacqui and Loughc so glad to hear that ye are ok after the accident.

Oops Jwacqui completely missed your post about the accident, glad you're both ok :eek: Hope you're enjoying your break!

I had set myself a mini-goal to be down 1.5 stone by the time I attend a hen on the 20th July. Due to me missing last week's class, I'm thinking that will probably not be possible! I was down 8lbs altogether but will possible be up in my WI tomorrow, so I'd need to lose 1 stone in a month!! I'm going to see what the scales says tomorrow and then re-assess that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I moved to Galway 2 weeks ago,

Eatwatchdress, I went to college in Galway. It is such a beautiful and vibrant city especially at this time of year. I hope you love living there as much as I did.

Non Scales Victory (NSV), at football yesterday 3 people (including a male) commented on how much weight I've lost. I was on cloud 9! Especially as the scales didn't change for a good many weeks over the last month or so. Running is obviously toning me up. It was such a boost and encouraged me to be really good this week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 2 pounds, yippee!!!
    Delighted.

now to keep it going before my holidays!!!
    off to france for 2 weeks on 6th july, so will need to keep the exercise up in order not to go too mad and undo all my hard work!

That's what tends to happen, was doing really well then went to Las Vegas in february and completely lost the run of myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Thanks for some reason i had it in my head if you used your weeklies you would STS! Anyway i was wrong first WI last night down 3.5 lb couldn't be happier :D

Advertisement