Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

3.5 is an amazing start to your journey! And remember that the weeklies are there to be used - they make your journey a little bit nicer. Congratulations on a great first week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The weeklies are so important IMO. Looking back, I don't think the old points system was very sustainable. AFAIR we were told we could only ever carry 4 points over to the following day, but we couldn't use them later in the week. So if you wanted to go on a night out, you had to save 4 points from the day before, and then save as many points as possible on the day itself just so you could have a few drinks.

The new system makes it much easier to work your lifestyle around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done everyone on the losses! :)

WI tonight for me, fingers crossed for a loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Down 3lb this morning Yay!!! However, was the week of getting back to normal after binging on holiday so this will be the tough week trying to keep the mementum going. Have a healthy food shop in though and got the juicer out of the cupboard at the weekend to have healthy homemade juices and shakes made with low fat natural yoghurt instead of the usual choc and biscuits treats. They're nice and refreshing when it's warm too. Going for an apple and pear medley this evening me thinks. Good luck this week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Congrats everyone on your losses, Starting week 2 today hopefully it'll go as well as last week :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm officially back on track! Last week I had posted that I hadn't been following WW due to work and I was off work as well for a week with a really bad bug. This week I have been tracking religiously so hoping to have a good loss. My class is normally a Wednesday but I am going to have to change to a Thursday as the Wednesday one is at 6.30 and I won't make it home on time for it. Last week I weighed in at 14st 2.5lbs so not as bad a gain as I was expecting. I have 2 weeks until I go on holidays for 3 weeks. I was going to wait until after my holidays to go back but that's another 5 weeks away and could easily be a stone gained. I'm hoping that by going back now I'll be in a WW frame of mind when away!

Jwacqui and Loughc hope you're both okay and you too cailleach an airgid. It can be so frustrating when life gets in the way but it is important to recover as well!

There have been so many great losses well done to everyone :) hopefully I'll be joining you's this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I don't have the purple book on me so hoping someone here can help. How many points are there in mince from the butchers, about 150g?

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I don't have the purple book on me so hoping someone here can help. How many points are there in mince from the butchers, about 150g?

I don't have my book either but if you're ever stuck you can find it all online easily. Tesco has all their products on their website, with the nutritional info. Just google "Tesco minced beef" and you'll find it, then you can use the calculator on the website.

2.5lbs down! Yay!!! Got my fifth silver 7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

6.5 lbs down :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Did you have a secret baby?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done you! You have done so well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did you have a secret baby?! :D

:D it's mad the difference portion control more protien and more water makes. That's 9lbs since I started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Wow great loss!!!!!Well done you!

Day 1 of my new week went well was 1pp over and did a really good body combat class! Day 2 today and just had the yummiest breakfast, banana pancakes (homemade) with some choc philly and vanilla yogurt! YUM :D got my totm yesterday and last time i had a gain so I am determined to not let it affect my WI on Monday.. I am going to kettle bells and TRX tonight... Onwards and downwards :D

Five silver sevens!! thats so great and it proves to me that I can maintain this new frame of mind :-). Well done you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Goodness me! People are having fantastic losses this week - well done everyone!

I have decided not the weigh in this week. Largely because I'm still not driving and can't get to the meeting (certainly can't walk!). I'm flying to a conference in Glasgow this morning and my foot is the size of a turnip so I'd say I'll be up because of that anyway ;-). I've another conference next week in Oxford but will weigh in on Tuesday just to keep an eye.

I'm going to really try to stay on track while at conference - it can be really hard - those wee sandwiches and all the biscuits they always lay on for tea break/lunch really add up! Fingers crossed I can manage to keep my food intake reasonable...

Have a great week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Wow the weight loss is huge this week.

I’m in shock after my WI last night. I was away at a wedding so ate & drink all around me on sat & sun. I did get back on track on Monday but was expecting to be up 1 or at the best STS….I was down 3.5lb. TBH I don’t think that is right & when I did a home WI this morning I was up 2 which sounds (and feels!) more like it.

Anyway I’m not complaining and I’ll gladly take a 3.5lb loss!!!! It has motivated me for the week ahead. Hopefully I’ll stay on track for the weekend as I have no plans and then the Westport festival the following weekend.

Good luck with the week everyone.

Oh no, I'm definitely going to break the good run in here after my WI tonight :D

Well done everyone on the fantastic losses!

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Five silver sevens!! thats so great and it proves to me that I can maintain this new frame of mind :-). Well done you :)

Thank you :o

I'm surprising myself at this stage. I've tried to lose weight countless times but I'd stick at it for 2-3 weeks and lost 4-5lbs and then just give up. This time I'm into my 25th week and I'm just over 2 and a half stone gone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Wow guys well done everyone on there brilliant losses this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

Wow well done on the great losses this week! Im not so hopeful for my own weigh in on saturday.. my heads just not in it this week I dunno what it is, im eating ok and pointimg its just a real struggle for me this week whereas normally I find it so easy! It really feels like im on a diet or giving something up?? Im so frustrated because its my finacees 21st in 2 weeks and im 3lb of my second stone which I was hoping to reach by then but with this attitude thats not likely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

My friend called over last night and we had dinner and wine within my dailies. Then another friend arrived with a second bottle of wine and nibbles so I have will have to exercise extra hard today and tomorrow to work the extra pp off. I have a match this evening so fingers crossed.

Having striploin steak for dinner (love it) would anyone have any idea of the points?

This time I'm into my 25th week and I'm just over 2 and a half stone gone. :D

Thats a great loss Id love to be down 2 stone in time for christmas I always feel particularly huge around then :D

It's achieveable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Having striploin steak for dinner (love it) would anyone have any idea of the points?

I think it's 7pp for 227 g- uncooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

guys any idea how many propoints in a skinny latte?????

a medium Costa skinny latte is 3pp as far as I know, small is 2pp :-)

By some miracle I was down 1.5 tonight!!! Was expecting to be up by 1. We really are all having great weeks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Down 1lb tonight - only 3lbs to my goal so delighted! Think these 3lbs will be the hardest to lose! Down 2 stone, 5lbs since February - I'm so happy...... I feel like I have a new wardrobe as I'm fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in nearly 3 years!!

Advertisement