Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yay for everyone having a great week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Yay for everyone having a great week! :D

Oh God I think I'm going to let everyone down tomorrow! I have been perfect and in points for the week but a sneak peek this evening doesn't have me anything down :( It'll be really disheartening if I don't lose.

Well done to everyone there really has been some inspiring losses this week!

That's why I never weigh myself between weigh ins. :o Remember though, your scales could weigh differently than the scales in your class. If you've had a good week think positively :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Oh God I think I'm going to let everyone down tomorrow! I have been perfect and in points for the week but a sneak peek this evening doesn't have me anything down :( It'll be really disheartening if I don't lose.

Well done to everyone there really has been some inspiring losses this week!

I feel exactly the same, i know i prob shouldn't weigh myself inbetween but can't help it. I've been pointing everything but i feel like I've been eating loads.
    Im doing the docklands 10k tomorrow so hopefully that'll help.
    Well done on all of the great losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

godders wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same, i know i prob shouldn't weigh myself inbetween but can't help it. I've been pointing everything but i feel like I've been eating loads.
    Im doing the docklands 10k tomorrow so hopefully that'll help.
    Well done on all of the great losses!

I'm doing the docklands too!! Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

I'm doing the docklands too!! Best of luck with it!

You too! I should really get off this and get some sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

That's why I never weigh myself between weigh ins. :o Remember though, your scales could weigh differently than the scales in your class. If you've had a good week think positively :) x

Couldn't agree more dunno how some ya weigh in between weigh ins its daunting enough for me getting on the scales once a week :)

Yay again for all the fab losses this week lets keep the spirits up to get thru the weekend and its barriers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Purple pawprints, just looked at your blog... You look great!! Well done!
    Did day 2 week 5 of the c25k this evening. I'm actually amazed at how I'm going with it. I thought I'd have to do some of the weeks over and over, but I've managed to do it just fine, in spite of the fact that I rarely manage to get three runs in a week- it's taken me almost 9 weeks to get this far, but I've been walking a good bit too, and usually tough, very hilly walks, pushing a buggy, so it's obviously all helping. Did some weights in the gym this eve in front of the mirrors... Those mirrors are NOT flattering, and highlighted that I need to clean up my diet again- exercise is only a small part of the battle!

Ck83 - thank you :o I thought I looked slim in the first pic before but now I'm like "OMG I looked massive!" :eek:

I really should get back to the C25K.. I did managed to jog 1km without stopping and not pass out at the weekend though. I really need a new pair of runners. Anyone any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Ck83 - thank you :o I thought I looked slim in the first pic before but now I'm like "OMG I looked massive!" :eek:

I really should get back to the C25K.. I did managed to jog 1km without stopping and not pass out at the weekend though. I really need a new pair of runners. Anyone any advice?

Elverys, get free gait analysis.

• Advertisement

Go to a proper running shop and get fitted there. The staff should look at you walking barefoot, and give you runners based on your gait, foot position, comfort, support needed etc. theyll also have a good selection. TBH, I'd stay away from the likes of elverys, with their gait analysis machines- I might be wrong, but I doubt their staff are trained to do anything more than push a few buttons, and get you the shoes the machine tells them to. Those machines are a bit of a gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Please help. I used WW approx 5 years ago very successfully. Over the past year I have shipped an extra stone. I want to lose it, my intentions are good, but I cannot seem to get my motivation back. I walked a lot, in shifting weight before. This time around, I am doing about half of the walking I used to do. I remember the WW leader saying to my group, 'you didn't put the weight up overnight, don't expect to shift it overnight'. I know that is so true. I know how to lose weight. I am not into gimmicks, I know WW works.
    I have a special occasion coming up in approx 3 months. I want to be back in size 12 comfortably by then. Please help. How do I get my motivation back, all tips and advice gratefully received.

ck83 wrote: »
    Go to a proper running shop and get fitted there. The staff should look at you walking barefoot, and give you runners based on your gait, foot position, comfort, support needed etc. theyll also have a good selection. TBH, I'd stay away from the likes of elverys, with their gait analysis machines- I might be wrong, but I doubt their staff are trained to do anything more than push a few buttons, and get you the shoes the machine tells them to. Those machines are a bit of a gimmick.

The machine doesn't recommend shoes, they do based on what you need. I've seen a good few people getting the analysis done and it seems to be knowledgeable staff doing it. They talked people (and me) through what the machine shows, explain it all to you and then suggest what runners you need based on all the things you said, not a particular brand or price range.

The machine doesn't recommend shoes, they do based on what you need. I've seen a good few people getting the analysis done and it seems to be knowledgeable staff doing it. They talked people (and me) through what the machine shows, explain it all to you and then suggest what runners you need based on all the things you said, not a particular brand or price range.

I've heard of people who haven't been happy with it, but like all things, I suppose it's hit and miss. I haven't gone myself, so you're obviously in a better position to comment! I'd be interested to know what training the staff receive. i will say though,if they were properly trained on gait analysis, they wouldn't need the machine at all!

ck83 wrote: »
    I've heard of people who haven't been happy with it, but like all things, I suppose it's hit and miss. I haven't gone myself, so you're obviously in a better position to comment! I'd be interested to know what training the staff receive. i will say though,if they were properly trained on gait analysis, they wouldn't need the machine at all!

The machine mainly just shows you a picture of your feet and how out of kilter it is with the straight line up the middle really, and they produce insoles from it based on your foot shape etc that you're under no obligation to buy. I personally found it quite informative, my friend was on it and he was nearly standing on the inside of his ankle when you compared it to the "ideal". He was getting awful pains in his knees when he ran and that showed him why. He actually didn't end up buying in Elvery's but got the free analysis and that info helped him elsewhere. I sound like I work for them now, I just thought it wasn't a bad service considering it was free and all.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Please help. I used WW approx 5 years ago very successfully. Over the past year I have shipped an extra stone. I want to lose it, my intentions are good, but I cannot seem to get my motivation back. I walked a lot, in shifting weight before. This time around, I am doing about half of the walking I used to do. I remember the WW leader saying to my group, 'you didn't put the weight up overnight, don't expect to shift it overnight'. I know that is so true. I know how to lose weight. I am not into gimmicks, I know WW works.
    I have a special occasion coming up in approx 3 months. I want to be back in size 12 comfortably by then. Please help. How do I get my motivation back, all tips and advice gratefully received.

This may not be what you want to hear but unfortunately there's not much we can do until it clicks in your head. We can give you the usual motivational stuff such as stick an old photo on the fridge, make a list as to why you want to lose weight or why you don't want to go back to your previous weight. They may help but speaking from experience the weight loss will only come when you are in the right frame of mind. After I gained back my first stone, I faffed around with fad diets and then another half stone went back on so I tried WW at home. Then before I knew it I had 2 stone back on. That was when I made the decision to go back to class a few weeks ago and even then it hadn't clicked in my head. It took me a week or two to get back into it. Sorry that's a bit of a ramble but what I will say is go to your meetings and follow this thread and you will get there eventually. 3 months is plenty of time to lose a stone so stay focused on that end goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

LynnGrace wrote: »

Have you gone back to WW? If you don't have the motivation it will be very difficult to do on your own. The first step is to go to your class. I struggle with motivation a LOT, it's my biggest problem. But deciding to rejoin WW 7 weeks ago has changed my frame of mind so much. And the biggest motivation of all is actually losing weight. Seeing the results on the scales every week just makes me want to do better the next week. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Wow everyone is doing amazing! Well done!

I really put the spanner in the works with my gain this week!!! But feel like I'm back on track now the last 2 days :) Back to tracking & going to try and get back to the gym this evening, start back spinning. So fingers crossed I will be joining ye in with the losses next week :)

For the 2nd day running I have a lot of pp left at the end of the day last night was 8pp and tonight is 7pp.. don't want to be shuffling crap into me just to use pp so will have to bulk up my meals for the remainder of the week!!!

Note to self...Bulk out meals!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lola2013

hi everyone, i have followed this thread with so long and it really is great! I go through phases of trying really hard, then forgetting about eating healthy. That is until this morning, when i stood on the scales, and nearly passed out, im the heaviest i have ever been in my life:(. i turned 29 at the weekend, had a great weekend (ate and drank loads!) , and i just realised this morning, things have to change. the saying is true, For things to change, i have to change. So this is step one, joining up here! i just took all the ww books and bits and bobs out of the press, and im starting again. (must do it at home as flat broke!).

sorry about the long post! looking forward to getting know ye! (hopefully yer motivation and success stories will rub off on me!).

im now off out for an hours walk...cant actually remember the last time i exercised!!! keep up the great work. :)

• Advertisement

Welcome Lola :)

You'll definitely get inspiration from here, I find it's great. We're all friends here. :)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Another 5k in the bag. Next week is the start of 5-10k. Eek! WI tomorrow. Eek x 2! I don't know what to expect. Feeling good this week as regards my performance in running and football and my fitness level so I'll accept whatever I get on the scales.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Down 1.5 at my weigh in today despite having a bad week where I had way too much to drink :D Only another .5lbs and I'll have a new shiny 7 :D

I was down 2lbs tonight absolutely delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well after four days away and eating bold, back on track today. I'm
    Gonna try have 26ppts a day, 4 less than normal until weigh in. I stepped on the scales today and looks like I'm up 7lb! How?! Hoping its just fluid retention.
    Did go on a 5.5k walk on Tuesday, the hotel had a walking track. It's something I spose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Ok i have 5 points left what to have Cereal or toast???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well after four days away and eating bold, back on track today. I'm
    Gonna try have 26ppts a day, 4 less than normal until weigh in. I stepped on the scales today and looks like I'm up 7lb! How?! Hoping its just fluid retention.
    Did go on a 5.5k walk on Tuesday, the hotel had a walking track. It's something I spose!

Defo fluid Jacq, but don't panic if it's not gone in a a few days. It might take 1/2 weeks depending! The more I've gone on the more I realise those big gains don't always just disappear...but they do disappear!!!! Don't be too upset if they're not gone just keep trucking, you know it works! x

Thank god its Friday! have my first work dinner in my new job hoping to have the meat and veg option and limit myself alcohol wise or avoid it altogether if possible! OH feeling left out so will prob be having date nite with him tomorrow limiting my pp! Hopefully the weeklies will cover the two meals! in the right head space to tackle it I think :)

Have a great one everyone :)

Duffy89 wrote: »
    This may not be what you want to hear but unfortunately there's not much we can do until it clicks in your head. We can give you the usual motivational stuff such as stick an old photo on the fridge, make a list as to why you want to lose weight or why you don't want to go back to your previous weight. They may help but speaking from experience the weight loss will only come when you are in the right frame of mind. After I gained back my first stone, I faffed around with fad diets and then another half stone went back on so I tried WW at home. Then before I knew it I had 2 stone back on. That was when I made the decision to go back to class a few weeks ago and even then it hadn't clicked in my head. It took me a week or two to get back into it. Sorry that's a bit of a ramble but what I will say is go to your meetings and follow this thread and you will get there eventually. 3 months is plenty of time to lose a stone so stay focused on that end goal :)
    Thanks for this. Yes, that is exactly it, and I know that is what worked for me last time, was getting the mindset right. I know WW works, and I know I can do it. Yes, I rejoined earlier in the year and was doing okay but due to illness, I missed the classes and didn't get back. I think posting here will help too. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Have you gone back to WW? If you don't have the motivation it will be very difficult to do on your own. The first step is to go to your class. I struggle with motivation a LOT, it's my biggest problem. But deciding to rejoin WW 7 weeks ago has changed my frame of mind so much. And the biggest motivation of all is actually losing weight. Seeing the results on the scales every week just makes me want to do better the next week. Best of luck :)

Thanks for this. Yes, I guess rejoining is my best bet, I had rejoined earlier in the year, and it was working. I remember previously how good I felt, especially when people noticed the loss. Also shopping for clothes was more enjoyable than it is now.nHope you are doing well, and thanks again for the encouragement.

Advertisement