Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dric123

Hi all,
    I have been reading this for the past few weeks. I really enjoy it. I'm new to all this but had my first weigh in last week and was down 3pounds. I have lost weight and put it all back on too many times in the past so this time I am determined!
    Anyway just saying hello and well done on all your weight losses so far! It has definitely inspired me!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Dric123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have been reading this for the past few weeks. I really enjoy it. I'm new to all this but had my first weigh in last week and was down 3pounds. I have lost weight and put it all back on too many times in the past so this time I am determined!
    Anyway just saying hello and well done on all your weight losses so far! It has definitely inspired me!

Welcome.. I hope the thread will be as much help to you as it has to me! Everyone is great support.. through good weeks and through the ranting and upset of bad weeks!

Best of luck with your journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Yes, that is exactly it, and I know that is what worked for me last time, was getting the mindset right. I know WW works, and I know I can do it. Yes, I rejoined earlier in the year and was doing okay but due to illness, I missed the classes and didn't get back. I think posting here will help too. Thanks again.

I think the first thing you have to do is find a meeting with a good leader and go back. They really do make all the difference. I actually skipped the meeting part last night as I was so tired after work and I can really notice the difference in how I'm feeling between last Friday and this morning. I'd also recommend setting out a list of targets to work towards so you 5%, silver seven etc. it might motivate you a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Welcome Dric123 and best of luck with your journey. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down a lb. Lowest weight in 3/4 years. And this time I double checked the scales. I feel so fit and healthy at the moment. I hope to carry it over the weekend. I have a work event tomorrow with free food and drink but I am going to limit myself as I am out tomorrow night too so I want to stay within weeklies.

I can't recommend my Ultimate Food Diary enough. I am tracking like a mad woman - even when I go over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Did the Docklands 10k last night a clocked my best time yet. 61 mins 16 seconds! So close to getting it under the hour but since I managed to knock 4 minutes off my last personal best I know I can do under 60 minutes this year!!

Am so proud of myself!

Well done CavanGal and tiny_penguin! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hola
    I come bearing good news. Was just on Amazon and The Hairy Dieters have a new healthy cookbook out on the 1st August. For all the new members of this site I cannot recommend their current Diet cookbook enough. Healthy traditional food but not lacking in flavour like most diet foods. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new recipes they have to offer. I'd say my faves from the last book were the chicken and ham tangle pie and the crispy chicken.
    Weightloss definitely seems to be slowing down this week but I'm tracking every day and just ordered a new pair of runners so I can start the couch to 5k again next week. Got really bad shin splints half way through last time but I'm hoping with a proper pair of running shoes I might avoid it next time. Gonna get out on the bike again this weekend if the heavens don't open too. Positive Mental Attitude and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hola
    I come bearing good news. Was just on Amazon and The Hairy Dieters have a new healthy cookbook out on the 1st August. For all the new members of this site I cannot recommend their current Diet cookbook enough. Healthy traditional food but not lacking in flavour like most diet foods. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new recipes they have to offer. I'd say my faves from the last book were the chicken and ham tangle pie and the crispy chicken.
    Weightloss definitely seems to be slowing down this week but I'm tracking every day and just ordered a new pair of runners so I can start the couch to 5k again next week. Got really bad shin splints half way through last time but I'm hoping with a proper pair of running shoes I might avoid it next time. Gonna get out on the bike again this weekend if the heavens don't open too. Positive Mental Attitude and all that :)

This is amazing news! It is by far my favourite cookbook and I can't waitfor another one to come out! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Did the Docklands 10k last night a clocked my best time yet. 61 mins 16 seconds! So close to getting it under the hour but since I managed to knock 4 minutes off my last personal best I know I can do under 60 minutes this year!!

Am so proud of myself!

Well done tiny_penguin...fantastic achievement!

• Advertisement

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hola

WHOO HOO! love love love this book, found the fake aways brilliant. Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Going to the market beside the Canal at Mount Street for lunch. Anyone know it? Any food suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was down 5lbs this week! Ive finally broken my yo-yo pattern. Well done to everyone else who lost.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was down 5lbs this week! Ive finally broken my yo-yo pattern. Well done to everyone else who lost.

Wow. That's amazing. Well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Am so proud of myself!

Fair play to you,thats a fantastic time!! I also managed a personal best 80.29 minutes, was thrilled considering I did the mini marathon at the beginning of the month and I did that in 94 mins :D

Wow Eabhabear, 5lbs is amazing! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

CavanGal wrote: »
    Going to the market beside the Canal at Mount Street for lunch. Anyone know it? Any food suggestions?

Yep I don't work too far from there either, have had the wood fired pizza before, it's sooo nice, not sure how many points but it's a really thin base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Defo fluid Jacq, but don't panic if it's not gone in a a few days. It might take 1/2 weeks depending! The more I've gone on the more I realise those big gains don't always just disappear...but they do disappear!!!! Don't be too upset if they're not gone just keep trucking, you know it works! x

Thanks hun!! Back to normal already. Not too worried about it. You are doing amazing still!
    Il keep chipping away at it! :-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

read posts all the time,havent posted in a long time,'messin at pro points since xmas,up down up down,from last thurs til yesterday,stuck to points,didn't walk,(have heel pain)very sore,thought id be down a couple of lbs,was down 5.5lbs,so proves if you follow the programme it will work!! never ate as much fruit!! wasn't hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Hi everyone. Ye are all such motivation for me. Have done WW before but this thread is def helping me stay on track.
    I know this seems weird but I seem to lose more weight after a heavy weekend on the drink. I dont know if it speeds up my metabolism or I feel so guilty after it I am really careful with what I eat!! Last week i had 3 nights out. 2 heavy sessions, kebab, onion rings, subway, chinese and loads of drink. and was down 2 and half pounds!!! I've been really good so far this week as i feel maybe it wasnt a true weigh in. I could have been seriously dehydrated after all the drink.

Anyway, well done to everyone on their losses. Hopefully ill sts or be down this week.

Oh i saw slimster bread today. anyone know the pp??

• Advertisement

Welcome :)

Lots of new people around here lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

I've been stalking for a while!!! Hoping to be more interactive now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I think the first thing you have to do is find a meeting with a good leader and go back. They really do make all the difference. I actually skipped the meeting part last night as I was so tired after work and I can really notice the difference in how I'm feeling between last Friday and this morning. I'd also recommend setting out a list of targets to work towards so you 5%, silver seven etc. it might motivate you a bit.

Thanks again. Yes, I found the leader in my original classes brilliant, so encouraging. Her class times have changed, unfortunately and I couldn't get there on time, after work, so earlier this year I attended a different class, different location. The leader is lovely there too. I also find listening to other people's success stories is very helpful.
    I have lost my card, does anyone know please how I get a new one? Thanks again, and well done to all the posters here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I have lost my card, does anyone know please how I get a new one? Thanks again, and well done to all the posters here.

If you go to the meeting where you originally joined they have all your details and can transfer the information onto a new card. That's what I've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Jwacqui wrote: »
    If you go to the meeting where you originally joined they have all your details and can transfer the information onto a new card. That's what I've done before.

I think they charge you €10 to replace your old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Anyone know roughly how many PP in a Yuk sung portion from the Chinese? Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can freeze the hairy dieters chicken and ham tangle pie?

Natmus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can freeze the hairy dieters chicken and ham tangle pie?

Ive frozen the filling before but not the pastry. It does defrost a bit watery so a bit of cornflour helps thicken it up again.

Walked 12km in the woods this morning and I am absolutely wrecked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

My weekend was an absolute disaster. I feel so sick and bloated from all the crap I ate. Friday started off bad but I still managed to point and track everything and was within my weeklies. Saturday was the same until we decided at the last minute to go out. None of the alcohol was pointed and neither was the food I had after. Then today was just more junk and I had a massive bowl of spaghetti for dinner. Just writing this makes me feel sick :o Does anyone have any tips on how to some how salvage a loss for Thursday? Its my last weigh in before I go on holidays for 3 weeks so I would really like a loss. Any tips welcome!

Advertisement