Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Im very glad its Monday and i am getting my bum back in gear strange how alcohol basically ruined my healthy plans i knew there was a reason i don't drink often anymore :)

Weigh in tonight im gonna go but will more than likely have a gain but its def the kick i need to keep going! Just another bump in the road :)

Have a great week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Im very glad its Monday and i am getting my bum back in gear strange how alcohol basically ruined my healthy plans i knew there was a reason i don't drink often anymore :)

Weigh in tonight im gonna go but will more than likely have a gain but its def the kick i need to keep going! Just another bump in the road :)

Have a great week everyone!

Haha snap! Alcohol really does ruin all healthy intentions doesn't it! You never know you might still see a loss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm determined to get on weight watchers - need to lose about 7-10 pounds so I've decided I'm gonna try the couch to 5k and eat healthy and see what that does for me weight wise!

Tomorrow: day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Morning all! Trying very hard to get back on track today - after conference last week and a night out on Saturday, I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing so well weight wise at the moment. I missed my weigh in last week and I won't be here this week either - thinking of going this evening just to see where I am, just to check in... It's not my usual day or time, but I just want to give a look ;-)

Foot is getting better (very very slowly) - going to start walking again next week, but no running again until September :-(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Haven't posted in here in a while but things seems to have clicked.
    down a stone since I started posted here about 6weeks ago. I have another stone until I'm at my goal and only 7 pound until I'm at my pre baby weight.

and only 2 months until my wedding. Hopefully ill be a nice small size 12 before then. In a 12 now but would like a bit more room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Oops. Weekend wasnt great. Alcohol and hangovers are bad for WW. Gonna be really good and exercise loads this week to try have some kind of loss on Friday. I also need to clean my body out after too much crap at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I had a good weekend. I'm hoping to have my next stone by the first or second week in August. 6.5lbs to go.

Well done javagal, you're doing so well! Totally get what you mean when you say something clicked. I tried WW before but I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Doing ok so far this morning - had porridge for my breakfast and just after my 11am break - had fruit with fat free natural yogurt and a cup of peppermint tea :)

Let's hope I can keep this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Have friends over for dinner later. What can I cook that's both cheap and weight watchers friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

javagal wrote: »
    Have friends over for dinner later. What can I cook that's both cheap and weight watchers friendly

I like cod (v low) or salmon with pesto or herbs put on it and then grill or oven bake wrapped in tinfoil. A chicken stir fry with a blue dragon sauce and give the guests noodles but dont bother with any yourself if you want to save points. Just bulg anything you have up with loads of veg. You could roast them with some powdered chilli or herbs.

• Advertisement

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Haha snap! Alcohol really does ruin all healthy intentions doesn't it! You never know you might still see a loss :)

I went and was +800g which is a 1.7lbs to be precise :P Glad I went though was totm during the week and head has not been right past few days.. way too many things to process.. :)

Just made my food plan for the week and definitely remaining alcohol free for the foreseeable :)

I went and was +800g which is a 1.7lbs to be precise :P Glad I went though was totm during the week and head has not been right past few days.. way too many things to process.. :)

Just made my food plan for the week and definitely remaining alcohol free for the foreseeable :)

At least you went and know where you stand. It'd be worse if you we're wondering for the next week. My scales show me up 2 this morning but I say its just bloating and water from all the crap I ate. Hoping to still salvage a loss for Thursday.

Question for people that use milk/skimmed milk. How do you count your milk every week? I count it out in my dailies. But my cousin was telling me that she counts it out of her weeklies and does it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

So nervous about my weigh in today, Im laughing here cause I had a chinese on Friday and one on Saturday and I feel so guilty, I'm kinda glad I do though as before it wouldnt have cast me a thought so I suppose at least Im learning to think more about what Im doing / eating. anyway fingers crossed Ill have some sort of loss tonight :D

Question for people that use milk/skimmed milk. How do you count your milk every week? I count it out in my dailies. But my cousin was telling me that she counts it out of her weeklies and does it that way.

I take it out of my dailes so then if I have a "foodie moment" I still have my weeklies in tact if I need them :)

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    I take it out of my dailes so then if I have a "foodie moment" I still have my weeklies in tact if I need them :)

I do the same but I was thinking of trying it the other way.

I actually don't use a huge amount. Usually have 100ml per day on my cereal, which would be 1PP and I might have a cup of coffee or tea but not every day. I'd guess that I would use about a litre a week maybe, if that.

I would be the same as you unless I have a latte but I count that separately from my milk - it would be interesting to see if it makes a difference :-)

It's amazing how fast your points add up actually....I mean porridge is a lot! I have to have my tsp of honey with it so that with the milk and the porridge oats is 8pps!

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    I would be the same as you unless I have a latte but I count that separately from my milk - it would be interesting to see if it makes a difference :-)

Yeah me too. I wonder should I do an experiment and see if it makes any difference?
    leahyl wrote: »
    It's amazing how fast your points add up actually....I mean porridge is a lot! I have to have my tsp of honey with it so that with the milk and the porridge oats is 8pps!

I got a porridge in Aldi that had apple and sultanas in it that you make on milk and it ended up adding up to about 7PP by the time I had it made. I think I might have been better to make the porridge myself and add in the apple or some berries.

leahyl wrote: »

I sooo agree I have to say no matter how filling it is it makes me bitter using so many points on porridge!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Are you on 26 points? I'm open for correction on this but I think if you're on 26 points then you automatically have 3 points for milk thus bringing you back up to the 29. I think that was one of the changed they made to the propoints programme when they lowered the points to 26.

Are you on 26 points? I'm open for correction on this but I think if you're on 26 points then you automatically have 3 points for milk thus bringing you back up to the 29. I think that was one of the changed they made to the propoints programme when they lowered the points to 26.

Yeah I'm on 26PPs. I actually wasn't aware of the 3PP for milk. Does that mean I'm not having enough PPs per day? I'd be having 1-2PP for milk everyday.

I never heard that. I started at 13st in January and I was only on 27 points. I lost 2lbs in my first week bringing me under the 13st mark so I've been on 26 since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I don't think this is the case. They suggest you should be having a pint of milk a day for calcium intake and so any of the meal plans include 3pp worth of milk. If you add up the rest of the food for the day it comes to 23pp - so 26pp in total.

This has been discussed at my meeting and I think there has been a lot of confusion on it before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Oh Lord dreading WI tonight, had such a bad weekend! Ate crap food, alcohol and no exercise what so ever. Somebody please give me a kick up the a**

Just a quick question the last time I was on WW I had 29 propoints - however from reading stuff online it looks like they have lowered the minimum amount of points to 26? Can anyone confirm this - if this is the case I've gone over today already and it's only the first day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I got a porridge in Aldi that had apple and sultanas in it that you make on milk and it ended up adding up to about 7PP by the time I had it made. I think I might have been better to make the porridge myself and add in the apple or some berries.

Those things have loads of sugar in them, porridge bought with fruit in it. Make normal porridge and add your own toppings, much better.

Delighted 3.5lb down got my first silver 7 - hopefully the first of many, not bad for 2 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Hi, does anybody know for sure how much pp in a Spiegel Skinny? There is no protein listed on the nutritional info and if I just put protein as "0" when pointing it gives a total of 2pp. I really hope it is only 2 pp :P I know Slimbos are 3pp but the Skinnys seem to be thinner and I prefer them to the slimbos.

Thanks in advance

Hi, does anybody know for sure how much pp in a Spiegel Skinny? There is no protein listed on the nutritional info and if I just put protein as "0" when pointing it gives a total of 2pp. I really hope it is only 2 pp :P I know Slimbos are 3pp but the Skinnys seem to be thinner and I prefer them to the slimbos.

Thanks in advance

I was using them for lunch last week and pointed them at 2pp so hopefully we r right!!:)

• Advertisement

If you are losing weight counting milk in your dailies then i wouldn't change a thing, if its not broken don't fix it and all that :) No one ever put on loads weight by having an odd bit of milk! You would want to be having extreme quantities of it!

You are doing great, :)

Advertisement