Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Yeah I'm on 26PPs. I actually wasn't aware of the 3PP for milk. Does that mean I'm not having enough PPs per day? I'd be having 1-2PP for milk everyday.

I never heard that. I started at 13st in January and I was only on 27 points. I lost 2lbs in my first week bringing me under the 13st mark so I've been on 26 since then.

My apologies it would seem that I was wrong. I just remember my leader mentioning it before and I knew it was part of the programme change.
    I don't think this is the case. They suggest you should be having a pint of milk a day for calcium intake and so any of the meal plans include 3pp worth of milk. If you add up the rest of the food for the day it comes to 23pp - so 26pp in total.

This has been discussed at my meeting and I think there has been a lot of confusion on it before!

Thanks. I wasn't sure exactly what way it worked, I had just heard it mentioned.
    Hi, does anybody know for sure how much pp in a Spiegel Skinny? There is no protein listed on the nutritional info and if I just put protein as "0" when pointing it gives a total of 2pp. I really hope it is only 2 pp :P I know Slimbos are 3pp but the Skinnys seem to be thinner and I prefer them to the slimbos.

Thanks in advance

They're 2 points :) I prefer them to the Slimbos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If you are losing weight counting milk in your dailies then i wouldn't change a thing, if its not broken don't fix it and all that :) No one ever put on loads weight by having an odd bit of milk! You would want to be having extreme quantities of it!

You are doing great, :)

Most days I just count the 1PP for my milk that I use on cereal but if I do happen to have tea or coffee I generally use another to be on the safe side. Since I started I've been doing it this way and I've lost weight almost every week apart from a couple of STS and a gain. Think I'll keep going.

And thank you so much for saying that :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Happy days! Had my weigh in last night and I lost the 4lbs this week that I had put on over my 2wks of exams :-) So back to aiming to get back into the 12's this week now. Onwards and downwards :-)

Well done! :D

WI is tonight for me. Fingers crossed. Either way I have about a third of a bottle of Jacob's Creek white wine waiting for me when I get home. I tend to have my treat no matter how WI goes, is that a bad idea?

Anyone hazard a guess at points for the wine? They'll be going out of my weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

Well done! :D

WI is tonight for me. Fingers crossed. Either way I have about a third of a bottle of Jacob's Creek white wine waiting for me when I get home. I tend to have my treat no matter how WI goes, is that a bad idea?

Anyone hazard a guess at points for the wine? They'll be going out of my weeklies.

Dont know about the Jacobs creek wine but a girl at my meeting last night was talking about the new Blossom Hill Vie wine its only 5.5% so less pp :-)

Good luck tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Can someone just confirm this please.
    I'm using the ultimate value diary and because I've dropped to 11 stone 11 now,my points are gone to 28 per day. Is 29 not the minimum anymore, it was when I did this 2years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Most days I just count the 1PP for my milk that I use on cereal but if I do happen to have tea or coffee I generally use another to be on the safe side. Since I started I've been doing it this way and I've lost weight almost every week apart from a couple of STS and a gain. Think I'll keep going.

And thank you so much for saying that :o:)

Not at al! you are doing great dnt sweat the small stuff until it starts affecting you, what youre counting is perfect :)

Good luck with your weigh in!

Back on track today yay go me.. delighted didn't get to the gym but have pump class in morning! Feeling good this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Dont know about the Jacobs creek wine but a girl at my meeting last night was talking about the new Blossom Hill Vie wine its only 5.5% so less pp :-)/

There is actually a lovely one in Aldi as well for only about e4. It is very fruity but very nice. The 5.5% wines will definitely be my saving grace in future at weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Hi all!
    Just spent the last hour or so reading old posts here. Everyone is so inspirational!
    I rejoined WW last Thursday. I lost 27 and 1/2 pounds two years ago and in the interim have put up 18 pounds of it, I did rejoin a couple of times along the way but I just wasn't in the zone and then I got diagnosed and had a couple of bad bouts of rheumatoid arthiritis but anyway here I am! I found this forum to be immensely beneficial the last time so here's hoping for this time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

WI tonight, had indian takeaway on Saturday night which I pointed at 60+ pp (after I had eaten it!!) and washed it down with a bottle of wine for a further 18pp.

Was out for lunch on Sunday & had a 3 course & a couple of drinks….so I’m not expecting good news at my WI tonight!!

The only positive is that I enjoyed every mouthful!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good week & the losses are as good as last week.

• Advertisement

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Dont know about the Jacobs creek wine but a girl at my meeting last night was talking about the new Blossom Hill Vie wine its only 5.5% so less pp :-)

Good luck tonight :D

I'll be remembering that and I'll keep an eye out for the 5.5% wine :D

Thank you :)
    javagal wrote: »
    Can someone just confirm this please.
    I'm using the ultimate value diary and because I've dropped to 11 stone 11 now,my points are gone to 28 per day. Is 29 not the minimum anymore, it was when I did this 2years ago

No 26 is the minimum now. Not sure why it changed but I only joined in January and I was told that the minimum is 26 which is what I'm on. Can anyone else shed any light on this? :)
    Not at al! you are doing great dnt sweat the small stuff until it starts affecting you, what youre counting is perfect :)

Good luck with your weigh in!

Back on track today yay go me.. delighted didn't get to the gym but have pump class in morning! Feeling good this evening :)

I think I'll stick to what I've been doing all along. As you said, if it ain't broke don't fix it! :)

I'll post when I get back. The wine will either be drowning my sorrows or be a celebration, either way I'm drinking it! :p
    Caros wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Just spent the last hour or so reading old posts here. Everyone is so inspirational!
    I rejoined WW last Thursday. I lost 27 and 1/2 pounds two years ago and in the interim have put up 18 pounds of it, I did rejoin a couple of times along the way but I just wasn't in the zone and then I got diagnosed and had a couple of bad bouts of rheumatoid arthiritis but anyway here I am! I found this forum to be immensely beneficial the last time so here's hoping for this time too!

Welcome to the thread Caros! I find it great, it's like having a meeting every time you need it just by posting here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 2 lbs, yippedeedooda!!!!:D
    Delighted...
    2 weeks to my holiday and i want to lose another 2-3 lbs.

Am going to an island called ile de re in France and we will be hiring bikes and getting around that way so hoping to do lots of exercise on holiers as well as enjoy myself...

so fingers crossed the damage wont be too bad!

am very proud of myself, had a really stressful week at work, which ended with yesterday, and really fancied a big glass of vino, but i resisted! it would never have ended with one glass, so am delighted with myself!

anyhoo, good luck everyone today with weigh ins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance

This is how you work out your propoints allowance.

Didnt do so great yesterday :( Need to cop on today. 5k at lunchtime so hopefully that will be the kick in the bum I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

CavanGal wrote: »
    http://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-Allowance

This is how you work out your propoints allowance.

Didnt do so great yesterday :( Need to cop on today. 5k at lunchtime so hopefully that will be the kick in the bum I need.

That does not work - mine calculated at 21pp when the minimum is 26pp. The new system does not take into account your activity level as when you first join they do not ask you or record this anywhere. This is just a modified version of the old calculation.

That does not work - mine calculated at 21pp when the minimum is 26pp. The new system does not take into account your activity level as when you first join they do not ask you or record this anywhere. This is just a modified version of the old calculation.

I just assumed when you reached 26pp, you wouldnt use it as you are at the minimum. Do you know one that does work? Ultimate Value Diary has me at 26 now. Is that right? I am 26, 5"5 female, 11stone 9lb. I only lost a point a few pounds ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I just assumed when you reached 26pp, you wouldnt use it as you are at the minimum. Do you know one that does work?

No I don't think there is a set calculation. I know anyone who has the weight watcher calculators can work it out that way.

No I don't think there is a set calculation. I know anyone who has the weight watcher calculators can work it out that way.

Thanks Tiny. Can anyone tell me if I am on 26pp then based on the info in my other post?

granniecaz wrote: »
    Happy days! Had my weigh in last night and I lost the 4lbs this week that I had put on over my 2wks of exams :-) So back to aiming to get back into the 12's this week now. Onwards and downwards :-)

Well done you :) great result!
    Lormuz wrote: »
    Down 2 lbs, yippedeedooda!!!!:D
    Delighted...

Yay well done you :)

Thanks Tiny. Can anyone tell me if I am on 26pp then based on the info in my other post?

Sorry Cavangal I no longer have my calc Im sure someone here will be able to help!

Where do ye get these Skinny Spiegels I see mentioned, tried Tescos here but they didn't have them.

Where do ye get these Skinny Spiegels I see mentioned, tried Tescos here but they didn't have them.

I meant to say welcome along in my previous post ;) Best of luck with your journey, you will get loads help and tips on here when you need it :)

• Advertisement

I dunno about Tesco but Dunnes beside me always have them.

I actually haven't seen those anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Supervalue and dunnes stock them. they are made by McCloskeys i think.

The packaging is distinctive. I usually find them beside the bagels etc. Here's the website http://www.spiegelbakery.com/products-skinnys.php

I dunno about Tesco but Dunnes beside me always have them.

Thanks,I'll have a look there tomorrow.

granniecaz wrote: »
    There is actually a lovely one in Aldi as well for only about e4. It is very fruity but very nice. The 5.5% wines will definitely be my saving grace in future at weekends!

What is the difference is it really only 12 pp for the bottle? That seems like a big difference!

I got them in Tesco but that was last week!!

I actually haven't seen those anywhere..

The wholemeal ones are quite tasty and you can load them with salad etc

I think I might have a look for them in Supervalu later and see if I can find them. How many PPs in one? :)

• Advertisement

I think I might have a look for them in Supervalu later and see if I can find them. How many PPs in one? :)

2pp for 1

Advertisement