Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

A guy brought these Broghies into our class last night they are pointing at zero but our leader said to use 2 for 1pp. They are a bit like poppadoms but a bit thicker, nice to load up with fruit or Im thinking of trying a bolognaise but using a couple of these instead of pasta??

http://p.twimg.com/A4cWS1ECIAADVg4.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh that's not bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No 26 is the minimum now. Not sure why it changed but I only joined in January and I was told that the minimum is 26 which is what I'm on. Can anyone else shed any light on this? :)

Oh really?! I've been doing 29pps the last few days cos that's what it was the last time i did it!

26 is not an awful lot! Have the actual points of individual foods changed also?

Would it be ok to just do the old plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well had a lovely 4 days away and both myself and Loughc ate and drank to our hearts content we did get a few walks in while we were away but didnt do too much.

We were 100% on track every other day apart from our break and even reduced points a couple. I gained 1/2lb and Loughc stayed the same! Both delighted! What we had to eat and drink was 100% worth it!!

Roll on next week! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh really?! I've been doing 29pps the last few days cos that's what it was the last time i did it!

26 is not an awful lot! Have the actual points of individual foods changed also?

They dropped the points down after the first year as I think some people stalled a lot earlier on the 29pp. When they changed they said anyone having success with 29pp could stay on that, but if they hit a plateau they were finding hard to break to try the 26pp.

26pp takes some getting used to. If you hit a plateau on 29pp, maybe try drop 1 pp a week to make the adjustment easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Hi Guys,
    Have just started WW (again :mad:)but now live in a rural area with no nearby meeting. hoping to do it at home but am aware of how much harder that is. Doing well so far with the help of a CBT book - best book ive ever read - but am hoping to join in here for the chats and advice/support. Going on holidays at the end of September so reaaaaly trying to be motivated until then!

I only started on 27 and that was only for a week, I've been on 26 since. Sometimes I struggle to eat the 26 but I do try to.

I'm just sitting waiting for meeting to start. 1lb down, 5.5 to go to my next stone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

leahyl wrote: »

It depends on your starting weight and your age as to how many points you'd start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    2pp for 1

I'm pointing the Spiegel Skinnys at 2pp too but with no protein listed on the nutritional info I can't be sure....Can anybody else confirm this please??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Well done to everyone that had a loss this week.

I'm going to weigh in at lunch today instead of tomorrow. My nornal meeting is out of the way and I've lots to do for my holidays. I was expecting a STS but now that I'm weighing in in my work clothes that will probably be a gain. This is my last weigh in before I go away for 3 weeks. That is a long time to be away from Weight Watchers and I'll be eating out all the time. Anyone have any advice on how to prevent putting on half a stone in that time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

What is the difference is it really only 12 pp for the bottle? That seems like a big difference!

Ya, it's either 11 or 12 pp for the whole bottle as far as I know. It must be the low alcohol content though that reduces the points! Plus reduces the headache in the morning!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Whoo...I was down 1.5lb last night!

Got 1.5lb to go to get my 3rd silver seven and 13lb to goal.

Westport festival this weekend so I will be expecting a gain next week but that's ok, ya gotta enjoy life too!

Well done everyone on the losses! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

granniecaz wrote: »
    Ya, it's either 11 or 12 pp for the whole bottle as far as I know. It must be the low alcohol content though that reduces the points! Plus reduces the headache in the morning!!!:)

Is this WINE you're talking of??

Is this WINE you're talking of??

Haha yes wine - theres no point in me checking for only 1 glass!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Haha yes wine - theres no point in me checking for only 1 glass!! lol

Oooh what make is it? And where do I get it please!

Well I went to weigh in at lunch time as I wanted to get it out of the way rather than wait until tomorrow. I am embarrassed to say I was up 3lbs. While I was hoping to stay the same, I wouldn't have been surprised at a lb gain but 3lbs :O I'm going away for 3 weeks and while I have the best intentions, I could easily come back heavier than when I started a few weeks ago. Anyone have any advice on how to, one get over how I'm feeling right now and 2 to have a loss after 3 weeks holiday!

Our leader was on hols for three weeks as well and she reckoned that she was definitely up a few lbs after it. She was very honest about it though and said that the day after she cam home she jumped right back on board, got the groceries in etc so there would be no temptation. The best thing that she said (for me anyway it really struck a chord) was that we all fall off the wagon sometimes and thats ok but the thing is that we need to get back up and not just lie there - Im sure she said it waaaaay better but I really did find it encouraging to see her being so straight with everyone. I've been in ww a few times before and once I had a gain I never went back - so I guess I just laid there and the wagon drove over me.

My first week this time I couldnt get back to a meeting so I went the following week - I had gained 2.5lb I nearly died!! I went to dunnes on the way home bought all of the fruit and dinner and lunches etc determined that I wouldnt feel like that again and I have lost 7.5lb in the 2 weeks since. I dont know if that helps but I hope your feeling a little better :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oooh what make is it? And where do I get it please!

I've bought low alcohol wine in Dunnes, I can't remember the brand but it was only 5.5% alcohol, and only cost €5. It was ok just. However a friend brought over a bottle of low-alcohol Sauvignon Blanc to my house recently and it was lovely. I can't remember what brand it was, I think it may have been Marlborough or First Cape because I know it was one I was familiar with.

If you go into a good wine off licence, or a supermarket with a good selection, you should get a few choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I've bought low alcohol wine in Dunnes, I can't remember the brand but it was only 5.5% alcohol, and only cost €5. It was ok just. However a friend brought over a bottle of low-alcohol Sauvignon Blanc to my house recently and it was lovely. I can't remember what brand it was, I think it may have been Marlborough or First Cape because I know it was one I was familiar with.

If you go into a good wine off licence, or a supermarket with a good selection, you should get a few choices.

The €5 from Dunnes sounds like it's the Blossom Hill wine. I got it there before for that price. It's lovely, but quite sweet. The one from Aldi is alot more fruitier but still nice, but there are a good few options out there, they seem to have come on the market more in the last while.

• Advertisement

The €5 from Dunnes sounds like it's the Blossom Hill wine. I got it there before for that price. It's lovely, but quite sweet. The one from Aldi is alot more fruitier but still nice, but there are a good few options out there, they seem to have come on the market more in the last while.

No it wasn't Blossom Hill, it was a brand I hadn't heard of before!

The truth is, I hadn't intended on buying a low calorie wine and I was on a bit of a budget, so I saw this pinot grigot for €5 and I bought two bottles. Nearly at the end of the second bottle my friend and I were saying we weren't feeling the wine at all...then we looked at the bottom and realised :o Oops! :D

I'm not into overly fruity or sweet wines, I tend to stick to dry wines, so that's why I really enjoyed the sauvignon blanc that my friend brought over. Going to keep an eye out for it next time I'm in Tesco.

The low % Blossom Hill is new I haven't seen it anywhere yet :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I cant believe i lost 0.5lb this week, i was so happy was expecting to be up after the crap weekend i had. Wohoo :D

Our leader was on hols for three weeks as well and she reckoned that she was definitely up a few lbs after it. She was very honest about it though and said that the day after she cam home she jumped right back on board, got the groceries in etc so there would be no temptation. The best thing that she said (for me anyway it really struck a chord) was that we all fall off the wagon sometimes and thats ok but the thing is that we need to get back up and not just lie there - Im sure she said it waaaaay better but I really did find it encouraging to see her being so straight with everyone. I've been in ww a few times before and once I had a gain I never went back - so I guess I just laid there and the wagon drove over me.

My first week this time I couldnt get back to a meeting so I went the following week - I had gained 2.5lb I nearly died!! I went to dunnes on the way home bought all of the fruit and dinner and lunches etc determined that I wouldnt feel like that again and I have lost 7.5lb in the 2 weeks since. I dont know if that helps but I hope your feeling a little better :-)

Thanks that's exactly what I needed to hear! I think I'll accept whatever happens on holidays and then start afresh straight after. I have my weigh in my diary for when I get back. I have about 18 weeks until a friend's wedding so ideally I'd like about 2 stone gone. Definitely doable. Well done on your 7.5lb loss that's a great loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'm unwell at the moment and can't do weight watchers.

Severe anxiety, panic and depression has taken over, allergic!!!

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Thanks that's exactly what I needed to hear! I think I'll accept whatever happens on holidays and then start afresh straight after. I have my weigh in my diary for when I get back. I have about 18 weeks until a friend's wedding so ideally I'd like about 2 stone gone. Definitely doable. Well done on your 7.5lb loss that's a great loss!

Thanks Duffy :-) When is your holiday again? I would definitely go to the meetings if you can before you go so at least that way you are still in the right frame of mind when you go, the damage mightn't be as bad as you think that way :-)

Thanks Duffy :-) When is your holiday again? I would definitely go to the meetings if you can before you go so at least that way you are still in the right frame of mind when you go, the damage mightn't be as bad as you think that way :-)

I'm going on Monday for 3 weeks. I went to a meeting at lunch time today. It's not my usual meeting but I wanted to get it out if the way. I was up 3lbs. I know TOTM and work clothes would've contributed somewhat to the 3lbs but it is still a big number to see on the scales. I'm hoping there'll be photos from my holiday that will shock me to go straight back to my meeting after :D

Duffy where are you going on holidays? 3 weeks! Very jealous!!!

Id love to be worrying about holidays today lol. whatever else you do have a great time :-)

• Advertisement

Duffy where are you going on holidays? 3 weeks! Very jealous!!!

Interrailing for 2 weeks so hopefully lots of walking and then a week in Croatia after! I am looking forward to it but it has been a bit of a hindrance in terms of WW. Just as I was getting into the swing of things!

Advertisement