Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Interrailing for 2 weeks so hopefully lots of walking and then a week in Croatia after! I am looking forward to it but it has been a bit of a hindrance in terms of WW. Just as I was getting into the swing of things!

Sounds brilliant! Enjoy your holidays, don't worry about WW too much, and I'm sure all the walking will help :) And if you do put on any weight I'm sure it will have been worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Hey ladies! How is everyone? I totally fell off the WW wagon for the past few months. Did quite well for a few weeks but went on holidays and ate ALL around me. It was my favourite part of the whole trip. I don't regret it a bit but when I came back and returned to WW, I was delighted to know I'd put 6lbs back on over my few months off. I'm not too panicked...could be worse and I have been being bad so know what I need to do to get it off again.

I just have a question though. I went for WW last Thursday making my next class due this Thursday. Not a hope of me making it tomorrow so I was hoping to go on Friday instead - can I do this or will I have 'missed' a week because I've gone past the 7 days?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Thanks guys I feel much more positive now. I'm going to enjoy my holidays and go back to WW straight after and accept whatever weight I weigh in at. At least I'll have no distractions after that so can focus on losing this weight :D

Pinkpencilcase you can go on Friday. You can weigh in any day from Monday to Sunday and it doesn't matter what day you got weighed on the week before.

Duffy I'm with you this week...up 2.5 :o:o Absolutely raging at myself but it was well deserved. Went for lunch on Sunday, which turned into boozing all day. It was fun but not worth 2.5lbs!! Hope it doesn't take me more than a week to get them back off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cadbury's Options are nyom. I'd had the Belgian Choc and the Mint one ages ago but I tasted the White Choc one for the first time the other day and thought it was lovely! So worth the 1PP. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all! going back to the gym today after a week off pretty much! struggling to find my mojo this week if im honest! not my usual full of beans self ww wise, been tough week in work so im hoping at the weekend I can put my thoughts first again! food has been fine in fairness within my 29 each day so not all bad! just gettin my gym face on again is the main struggle! Well it can only get better hey :-)

Duffy I'm with you this week...up 2.5 :o:o Absolutely raging at myself but it was well deserved. Went for lunch on Sunday, which turned into boozing all day. It was fun but not worth 2.5lbs!! Hope it doesn't take me more than a week to get them back off.

I find that after I have a gain the best thing to do is go back to basics. Focus on eating good, healthy meals for the week and when you feel yourself slipping just keep thinking of that 2.5lb loss next week :)

I had the weirdest dinner this evening. I wanted to use up all the food in the house before I go on holidays and I had quite a few points left so I had a wholemeal spiegel with chicken, 2 turkey sausages in a balsamic vinegar and caeser mayo sauce with cheese sprinkled on top! There was so much in it that I feel a bit sick after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I havent had a great week tbh. I spent way too many of my pp on crappy food like chocolate and I feel run down and tired as a result. I need to start using my pp more wisely. Speaking of which, I asked earlier in the week but people might have missed it. Does anyone have a pp calculator? How many pp should I be on - female, 5"5, 11stone 9lbs, 26yo. My Ultimate Diary says 26 but I only dropped to 27 a few pounds ago. I just want to make sure I am not over or under eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

CavanGal wrote: »
    I havent had a great week tbh. I spent way too many of my pp on crappy food like chocolate and I feel run down and tired as a result. I need to start using my pp more wisely. Speaking of which, I asked earlier in the week but people might have missed it. Does anyone have a pp calculator? How many pp should I be on - female, 5"5, 11stone 9lbs, 26yo. My Ultimate Diary says 26 but I only dropped to 27 a few points ago. I just want to make sure I am not over or under eating.

hey Cavan gal,

Ive been using this online calculator because I thought it was accurate as the last time I checked it it gave me the same number as my leader, but it says that you should have 29 PPs a day - so now i'm freaking out that i've been totally overestimating my daily allowance :O oops
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

66dunaras wrote: »
    hey Cavan gal,

Ive been using this online calculator because I thought it was accurate as the last time I checked it it gave me the same number as my leader, but it says that you should have 29 PPs a day - so now i'm freaking out that i've been totally overestimating my daily allowance :O oops
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

Hey. I have WW calculator on my phone which says I should be on 29 but that is not right as when I went to meetings, I started on 29 my first week but lost a few pounds that week and was put down to 28 the following week. That was when I was a stone heavier so definitely not on 28. Eabhabear told me a few weeks ago I was on 27 but now my Ultimate Diary says 26 but Ive only lost 1.5lbs. I am doing WW from home on my own so cant ask a leader. Anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Hi cavangal according to my ultimate calculator its says you should be on 27 points.

Thanks Godders. My ultimate value diary gives me 26pp for 11.9stone and 27 for 11.10stone. Could you check on yours when I go down to 26pp? If you dont mind, thanks.

Thanks Godders. My ultimate value diary gives me 26pp for 11.9stone and 27 for 11.10stone. Could you check on yours when I go down to 26pp? If you dont mind, thanks.

I'd double check that because my ultimate calculator is giving you 26. I think the only way you're going to be certain is with an actual WW calculator and not the ultimate diary one.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Girls, I have the WW calcualtor, I'll check the pp for ye when I get home.

I started on 29pp last week, lost 4 and 1/2lbs this week, yaah me!!! and I'm now on 28pp. Delighted to be in a new stone range!

I'm working this coming weekend so I bought some of the WW bars as I'm inclined to nibble when I'm working, do admin for a shop! These might keep me from the chocolate counter I hope.

Thanks Caros, Id really appreciate it. Looks like I could have reached the dreaded 26pp. How will I survive? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Ooops, just realised mine is the older calculator from 2 years ago so I guess that's programmed for 29 as the minimum. :o Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bonnie2

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in- I never have much time for updating unforch. A quick lowdown- since I've last checked in here I've been diagnosed with depression, and have binged quite a lot. I've started a new job which is stressful for me, and unforch my way of dealing with that is through food! Had a really bad day yesterday, didn't want to go to work etc, and cried before I had work. Went to work and the new man that I work with, who is an absolute dose, said in front of anyone; 'OH you're wearing makeup today! I know because your face is different colours hahaah.' I nearly died, there were a lot of awkward silences with everyone. Little did he know that the 'different colours' was because I was crying! Ate a lot of chocolate, and i mean A LOT, then, ugh.

Determined to be ok today though, but it is so hard.

Best of luck all x

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

Cavangal, it doesn't put you down to 26 until 160lb which is 11st 6lb. Enjoy that extra point for a little while longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Bonnie2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just a quick check in- I never have much time for updating unforch. A quick lowdown- since I've last checked in here I've been diagnosed with depression, and have binged quite a lot. I've started a new job which is stressful for me, and unforch my way of dealing with that is through food! Had a really bad day yesterday, didn't want to go to work etc, and cried before I had work. Went to work and the new man that I work with, who is an absolute dose, said in front of anyone; 'OH you're wearing makeup today! I know because your face is different colours hahaah.' I nearly died, there were a lot of awkward silences with everyone. Little did he know that the 'different colours' was because I was crying! Ate a lot of chocolate, and i mean A LOT, then, ugh.

Best of luck all x

Sorry to hear this Bonnie. All I can say is time will help so don't go hard on yourself for now. There's more to life that a bit of weight and your mental health is so so important!!!
    Do exercise, a few little walks throughout the day will do you wonders.
    It will be hard, absolutely no doubt about it...it will get easier though.
    Ain't it so funny that co-workers say stupid things like that? Some people just don't realise you can actually have stuff going on in the background that you don't feel the need to share!!!!!

Take it easy and mind yourself, YOU are all that matters.
    Flowerpower x

Bonnie2 wrote: »

Best of luck all x

Hi Bonnie, I was diagnosed with depression last year too, largely relating to my weight and eating. I was binging a lot, I thought there was no hope for me as I couldn't afford to spend €70 a week on a counselor. I decided to try WW again a couple of months ago and it's helped me so much more than my counselor did before. Of course I have some slip-ups every now and then, but overall I'm positive and hopeful. My boyfriend is noticing such a difference in me and it's helping my relationship and other aspects of my life too. What motivates me the most is actually seeing a result on the scales. Every time I see the number get smaller, I feel more hopeful that I can actually do this. If you've had a bad week, try not to beat yourself up over it. I had an awful week this week and was up 2.5lbs. I sat in my meeting last night and instead of being angry and ashamed (someone else in the class was up as well this week and throughout the class she kept shaking her head and muttering in anger when other people were talking about their good weeks!!) I congratulated other people, I laughed talking about my bad week, and I told myself that I would have a good week this week. I knew exactly where I went wrong and I knew that the most important thing was to draw a line under it and keep going.

Try your best to keep that feeling in your head of when you stand on the scales and see a loss. Use that to motivate yourself. If you've had a binge or a bad day, don't dwell on it and get back on track. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

HI guys,

Quick emergency ProPoint question!

Does anyone have an idea of the pp in Eddie Rockets slider bugers?

Thanks inadvance =)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hey ladies! How is everyone? I totally fell off the WW wagon for the past few months. Did quite well for a few weeks but went on holidays and ate ALL around me. It was my favourite part of the whole trip. I don't regret it a bit but when I came back and returned to WW, I was delighted to know I'd put 6lbs back on over my few months off. I'm not too panicked...could be worse and I have been being bad so know what I need to do to get it off again.

I just have a question though. I went for WW last Thursday making my next class due this Thursday. Not a hope of me making it tomorrow so I was hoping to go on Friday instead - can I do this or will I have 'missed' a week because I've gone past the 7 days?

Thanks
    I think that will be counted as a missed week if you don't weigh in within the 7 days...I nearly broke my neck one time trying to get to a class on "the eighth day" and had to pay €20 or use a holiday week!

foxxykate wrote: »
    I think that will be counted as a missed week if you don't weigh in within the 7 days...I nearly broke my neck one time trying to get to a class on "the eighth day" and had to pay €20 or use a holiday week!

Nope that's definitely not true. When I did WW before I often went on different days of the week, could be Monday one week and Friday the second. It's as long as it was any day within an actual week i.e Monday to Saturday. Also for future reference it's only €15 to pay for a missed week :)

A STS for me again this week. God this is a slow journey but at least Im not up. I want to be good this week. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

A STS for me again this week. God this is a slow journey but at least Im not up. I want to be good this week. Any tips?

Hi Cavangal - maybe add some more exercise? An extra walk or if you had time for an extra 20 minutes in the day for some kind of exercise it might make the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Cavangal.. why don't you maybe cut back on weeklies used, increase water intake, use points daily for whole some foods! Mix your meals up too try new recipes lots of ways to change it up.. hope that help!

Need to take my own advice ;) have meal out tonight has some healthy options on menu and have some dailies and all my weeklys so should be ok!

Thank god its Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've gotten up half an hour earlier for the past couple of days and gone for a 3km walk instead of doing 1.5km. :)

Cavangal contrary to what the other posters are saying, I wonder if it is a case of you're not eating enough? From reading your posts you seem to do a lot of sports and exercise and I can't imagine 26 points is enough food for someone so sporty? Maybe you should look at using your weeklies to increase your meals on days you do exercise or even use your activity points? You could try it for a week and see how you go?

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Hi Cavangal - maybe add some more exercise? An extra walk or if you had time for an extra 20 minutes in the day for some kind of exercise it might make the difference?

LouLouBaby, exercise is definitely not my issue as I train with football twice or 3times a week and run 5km every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shellybelly, I drink lots of water but I could definitely use my pp better. I need to eat more nutritious food and stop saving my pp for treats. Its not good for my health either.

Ok new week, clean slate and new attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all! Two weeks of conferences/crutches and I really have cut loose... It's two things really that caught me. One, you eat when you can and eat what you're given at these events, and two, when you're tired, up early, lugging bags around, listening to papers all day and feeling very sorry for yourself, it's tempting to have food treats. This is my HUGE issue with food, and its really been there the last two weeks - a sense of entitlement to make a pig of myself. I also think not being able to exercise has shifted my lifestyle a bit? Before a run would always keep me on track, but I feel I'm just sitting around eating toast...

Today is a new day! In from London this am and stopped for lots of zero pp soup ingredients! Going to have a quiet, clean weekend with a big pot of lovely soup there - it always helps to keep me on track.

Cavangal- I'm hardly one to talk right now, but i always find a lose weight better the weeks I prepare with a big pot of low pp soup. It means my lunch is filling but very low points, so I can have a treat in the day, i don't feel deprived and I don't binge. Also, you have lost a lot of weight now and you are doing very well. Losses slow down after a time, and if you were 'good' this week, it may show next week. And sts means you didn't gain, which I think is still pretty good!

Advertisement