Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Cavangal contrary to what the other posters are saying, I wonder if it is a case of you're not eating enough? From reading your posts you seem to do a lot of sports and exercise and I can't imagine 26 points is enough food for someone so sporty? Maybe you should look at using your weeklies to increase your meals on days you do exercise or even use your activity points? You could try it for a week and see how you go?

Thanks Duffy, I will look into that. I eat plenty of veg, fruit and salad but maybe not enough filling and healthy foods. I am going to try one or two of those days this week. Like I said, I waste my pp on treats sometimes which isnt good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just bought Slimbos for the first time, had one with scrambled eggs. They're nice! Just a question about the points though. I'm sure I read on here that they're 2pp each, and my leader said that too, but when I calculated them in Ultimate Value Diart, they came up as 3pp each. What's everyone else pointing them as?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

CavanGal wrote: »
    Thanks Duffy, I will look into that. I eat plenty of veg, fruit and salad but maybe not enough filling and healthy foods. I am going to try one or two of those days this week. Like I said, I waste my pp on treats sometimes which isnt good.

Great to hear you being motivated already for the week ahead don't worry you will see a loss next week :)

Well my meal was yummy warm chicken salad!... but then i just couldn't stop myself having a pile of jellies with the film- i guess that's what the weeklies are for though! feeling rough after them though blurggghh!!!!! :(

Looking forward to kick boxing and yoga tomorrow nice kick in the bum for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Just bought Slimbos for the first time, had one with scrambled eggs. They're nice! Just a question about the points though. I'm sure I read on here that they're 2pp each, and my leader said that too, but when I calculated them in Ultimate Value Diart, they came up as 3pp each. What's everyone else pointing them as?

Did you get Spiegels or Slimbos? Spiegels are a special brand whereas the slimbos are Pat the Baker. The PTB ones are 3 points and the Spiegel ones are 2 points.

Did you get Spiegels or Slimbos? Spiegels are a special brand whereas the slimbos are Pat the Baker. The PTB ones are 3 points and the Spiegel ones are 2 points.

Ah ok I got the PTB ones! Haven't seen the spiegels yet. 3pp is still good though. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Yay i am back in the zone-:)

Went back to kickboxing this morning, had lunch out in A restaurant based on the paleo diet.. i had chicken, roast pumpkin,spinach,broccoli and cauliflower rice, fek all pp and amazing! i will be going back there an absolute gem they should have more health oriented places to eat out at home i tell ya! went to my first bikram yoga session too was unreal! just home after doing a massive healthy shop to set myself up for the week.. dunno how the scales will be Monday either way im feeling good about my journey again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I have had bronchitis for the past three weeks but have tried to be good! The first week I missed the weigh in, the second week I was up a half pound but the leader said that was good because I was on steroids. I went to my meeting this Thursday and was down one and a half:) and am delighted. I am still not fully better so can't really do much exercise but this thread is keeping me motivated. Thanks to you all!:) Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bonnie2

Hi guys,

Just wondering how you use your weeklies? I always feel so guilty using them haha

Hi Bonnie, Do not feel guilty about using your weeklies you need them.:) Some weeks I use them to have a meal or takeaway at the weekend, other weeks I use them with my dailies when I need a bit more food.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

Well I completely fell off the wagon last night! I've been using my weeklies so far for eating treats at the weekend, but last night I used pretty much all of them on a night's drinking. Now I have to be watching what I eat at the weekend, which sucks! Bonnie, I always use every single one of my weeklies though, and have done so since I started WW 2 months ago. I've lost every week, except one (TOM!), so definitely don't feel guilty using them.

• Advertisement

Bonnie2 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering how you use your weeklies? I always feel so guilty using them haha

Hey i generally use them on a meal or few drinks at the weekend been using half or three quarters of them most weeks and have had losses don't feel bad its all a part of the plan xx

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Yay i am back in the zone-:)

Went back to kickboxing this morning, had lunch out in A restaurant based on the paleo diet.. i had chicken, roast pumpkin,spinach,broccoli and cauliflower rice, fek all pp and amazing! i will be going back there an absolute gem they should have more health oriented places to eat out at home i tell ya! went to my first bikram yoga session too was unreal! just home after doing a massive healthy shop to set myself up for the week.. dunno how the scales will be Monday either way im feeling good about my journey again :)

I want to try yoga but kind of embarrassed to go because of my weight. I always see slim fit girls coming out of the classes. Would you recommend it?

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I used most of my weeklies last night. Had a good bit of vodka and a takeaway, but had also eaten lightly during the day to save up for it. For takeaway we got Thai and I got a chicken stir fry so relatively healthy. I got a brown rice too and intended to only eat half of it but ate it all :o Estimated the points as best I could anyway.

To save me from going out tonight I'm going home to my mam's house! The problem there is that the fridge is always full!! However I didn't have breakfast until 2 today (scrambled eggs and slimbo) so won't be eating again for a couple of hours so I can have a decent dinner and maybe a glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Used more than my weeklys this week but I so don't mind, I needed to celebrate.

bought a vera wang wedding dress from the states and it is a very very small 12.
    But as of yesterday, it zips all the way up and now I don't have to alter it.

I still want to lose more before the wedding but it means that I can relax on some of the stressing.
    very happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yesterday had a bit of a binge day - was off work so had a magnum and a caramel bar...that was 12 pps in total so took that off my weeklies, had already used up 2 weeklies so had 35 left - but then realised I was going out last night so since I hadn't eaten too much of my daily pps yesterday I put the magnum towards my daily pps so that was only 7 pps of my weeklies gone - so 42 left

Then went out last night and had 4 coronas, a glass of wine, and a baby Guinness shot.....! Then after had Eddie rockets garlic fries which I found out amount to 21pps alone!!!

How much are the drinks - anyone hazard a guess?

I know in prob well over the weekly allowance but I had 3 points left from my dailies yesterday as well so that can go towards it...

I don't go out all that often...!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

leahyl wrote: »
    Yesterday had a bit of a binge day - was off work so had a magnum and a caramel bar...that was 12 pps in total so took that off my weeklies, had already used up 2 weeklies so had 35 left - but then realised I was going out last night so since I hadn't eaten too much of my daily pps yesterday I put the magnum towards my daily pps so that was only 7 pps of my weeklies gone - so 42 left

Then went out last night and had 4 coronas, a glass of wine, and a baby Guinness shot.....! Then after had Eddie rockets garlic fries which I found out amount to 21pps alone!!!

I know in prob well over the weekly allowance but I had 3 points left from my dailies yesterday as well so that can go towards it...

I'd say corona regular 5pp each? If 1/4 bottle of wine that's about 5 also...for the baby Guinness I'd say 4 so that's a total of 29 I'm guesstimating!

I want to try yoga but kind of embarrassed to go because of my weight. I always see slim fit girls coming out of the classes. Would you recommend it?

Hi Duffy, I know its hard but don't be embarrassed about doing something because of your weight, just do what you have to do to lose it and don't worry about what anybody thinks. Soon you will be one of those slim fit girls:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

foxxykate wrote: »
    I'd say corona regular 5pp each? If 1/4 bottle of wine that's about 5 also...for the baby Guinness I'd say 4 so that's a total of 29 I'm guesstimating!

Yeah was thinking around the same! Ah well a few points over, not too bad - shouldn't have had those fecking chips though!

leahyl wrote: »

Hi. just the way your talkin about using weeklies before your daily allowance was exhausted? the way i do it is use o dailies first and then you have your weeklies to fall on? am i wrong ? it seems to work anyways!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, I know its hard but don't be embarrassed about doing something because of your weight, just do what you have to do to lose it and don't worry about what anybody thinks. Soon you will be one of those slim fit girls:)

Hi Duffy! I am not a slim fit girl at all and i found there were people of all shapes and sizes doing the class both men and women! don't be embarrassed you have to start somewhere that's what i tell myself all the time xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I haven't posted here in ages but I do read the posts quite a bit. You've all been very motivating lately, doing very well with exercise and weight loss. My pattern is to start each day well and fall off the wagon about lunch time or in the evening. Once I've slipped its very hard to climb back on. I'm feeling a bit down about it. I know its my own fault but I'll keep trying and checking in here.

happyday wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in ages but I do read the posts quite a bit. You've all been very motivating lately, doing very well with exercise and weight loss. My pattern is to start each day well and fall off the wagon about lunch time or in the evening. Once I've slipped its very hard to climb back on. I'm feeling a bit down about it. I know its my own fault but I'll keep trying and checking in here.

Its quite hard when your off the wagon to get back on i had bad week last week and its take most this week for things to click in my head again! i find writing out my food in advance helps and having lower pp substitutes to replace things that make to fall down like treats etc makes life easier that way and you feel less deprived! good luck with your journey ! always loads of help on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Don't know what kind of a day I had yesterday. I had my breakfast and went walking, did about 3.5km. Then yesterday evening I went to my friend's house in Dublin. She's Pakistani and it was like her engagement party type thing, it was so cool! So many colours! :D

I had an apple juice in the train station from Zumo, it was so much nicer than the juice from a carton. I wonder is a juicer really expensive.. :)

The food at the party was delicious but had no idea how to point it so I'll just stick to my dailies until my WI on Tuesday evening.

Hope everyone's well.

happyday wrote: »

Hi Happyday, I am the same I keep falling off the wagon and then have to try and make myself be good again. When I started back to weight watchers this time after many times trying and failing:( I had weeks of playing around with the same few pounds but eventually it seemed to click with me a bit more. I try to write everything down and stay to my meetings and if I have a binge I try pull myself back. I find the meetings help and this thread is a great help too! We are all in the same boat and all have the same love of food and alcohol so I suppose all any of us can do is just try and support each other.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamdoughnuts

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but have been reading the posts for quite a while and thought it time to come out of the shadows! I've just started back on WW (again!!) but really determined to stick with it this time. Going to a friends wedding in 6 weeks so think if I start back from tomorrow i might hopefully see some results by the time the wedding rolls around. I think having some short-term goals might really help me to focus. Also, have been really busy with work and part-time course over the last few months so haven't done ANY exercise. Will be trying to lose most of my weight through eating healthily. All your posts, advice and support on here is fantastic and I think having this forum is going to really help with motivation :)

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here but have been reading the posts for quite a while and thought it time to come out of the shadows! I've just started back on WW (again!!) but really determined to stick with it this time. Going to a friends wedding in 6 weeks so think if I start back from tomorrow i might hopefully see some results by thee time the wedding rolls around. I think having some short-term goals might really help me to focus. Also, have been really busy with work and part-time course over the last few months so haven't done ANY exercise. Will be trying to lose most of my weight through eating healthily. All your posts, advice and support on here is fantastic and I think having this forum is going to really help with motivation :)

Welcome along! im sure you will get lots of motivation from here best of luck with your journey! Track everything and keep the water intake up ;) and enjoy your meals it will def help you stick to the plan!

My weigh in is tonight just on way there now i hope iv lost something even though i haven't been as active as id liked!

Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too bad, but could probably have been a bit better. I went out for an Indian with my bf last night, but all I'd eaten all day had been cereal and fruit so I'm hoping I'd enough dailies to cover it. We often like having a few drinks on a Sunday night in the house to wind down the weekend but I was really proud of myself that we went to the off licence after the restaurant, my bf got two beers and I said no :D Going to be super good between now and Wednesday anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Glitter13

SECOND STONE GONE!!! yaaaay!! Guna do a blog tomorrow, sooo busy lately! :):):):):)

Anyone get their WW email? Free bottle of wine this week in class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Anyone get their WW email? Free bottle of wine this week in class :D

Seriously? :D

Advertisement