Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Seriously? :D

Yep! Unfortunately it's virtually alcohol free :pac:

Torres_edm_final.1.jpg

Funny, after we were only talking about low-alcohol wines in here a few days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well I was down a measly 100g tonight... basically I stayed the same!!!!!

Was very down at my meeting but I had reassessed my thoughts and came up with this...

1. I could be holding onto water from the yoga
    2. I probably could be drinking more water.. this week wasn't great
    3. I normally do 4 gym classes, I only did 2 this week
    4. Had a particularly stressful week didn't have the munchies but my mood was generally not great

Soo I guess I can be accountable for the not so great loss.. but its down and I have 2 more weigh ins until NZ so time to bang a couple more kg's off before then :)

food and exercise planned for the week so onwards and downwards.. :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Dreading weigh in tonight. Absolutely did the dog on it over the weekend. Once I knew I was over my weeklies I just thought 'sure I'm over them now anyway so it doesn't matter'!! What is wrong with me?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I am quietly optimistic this week. I had a good weekend. I used some weeklies Friday, Saturday I stuck to my dailies and went to a 21st and didn't drink. I was starving when I got home so I had one slice of toast and ran to bed. Yesterday my family came for dinner and we had smoked salmon and Mam's brown bread for starters, lamb with potatoes and veg for mains and an assortment of homemade deserts. I had plenty of dailies and weeklies left so I am covered. Fingers crossed for Friday. I would love a big loss as I havent had a big one in a year so it would be a huge boost. But I'll take anything. Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I missed my weigh in last week as I was sick, so I decided to weigh myself today just to make sure I was staying on track (had a few nights of drinking this weekend!) and was absolutely delighted - I've reached one of my own personal milestones! I finally have seen a 16 on the scales!!! I haven't been under 17 stone in at least the last 5 years so I am absolutely over the moon! Now I know my scales weighs different to the one in class so it will probably still read as 17 there, but I don't care, I have seen the number now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Wine?? Aw, yeah, delighted I'm back to meetings this week!

SillyMango - well done on your achievement - I found by taking pleasure in the milestones along the way, I kept my motivation up. Congratulations and keep it up - it's clearly working!!

CavanGal - while I have been away to conferences x2, I have been very good since I came home, so like yourself I'm quietly optimistic that I will maybe pull a stay the same, or even a small loss?! Dare I dream? How is the running going BTW?

Granniecaz - that is a major tendency of mine 'sur I've fecked it all up now and might as well go buck ape altogether'. I think that getting back on track as soon as possible after a splurge is key for me, but, um, it doesn't always happen. Don't beat yourself up though, because guilt and food can be very closely related... New week today, so hopefully it's going well for you xx

Shellybelly - sometimes a STS just happens. You didn't put on any weight, so clearly you're not doing anything wrong. Hold tight and the scales will go in your favour next week.

I am in full blown ww mode. Really happy with how I've planned and tracked over the last few days, and my low energy, bloated post conference feeling is gone. Like I said, I hope I have pulled it back to a STS or a tiny gain. Time will tell though...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

So last week didn't go too bad, food wise was very good, although I did have a few drinkies on friday night, but all within weeklies I think!
    I am doing WW at home, so Tuesday morning is weigh in time, but had a sneaky peak this morning, was down 1/2 lb... we'll see what tomorrow is, but I am getting very close to breaking the 13st barrier, i was in the 12s this morning, so fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow!

Best of luck to everyone for weigh in this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Somehow I managed to salvage a loss! Down 1&half lbs so happy days! Only 1lb off getting to a stone. Every other time I did ww, I normally stalled at this stage & gave up. This time I seem to be in a really good mindset still. Guess it's because I'm seeing results. Also think this thread is a HUGE help, so thanks everyone.

Good luck to ye all this week. Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

check out my blog and also have a closed group on fb with over 450 members sharing info

Mod snip: see the note earlier in the thread, no posting blogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I had a mighty weekend at the Westport festival, started on Friday and only finished up last night so when I stood on the scales this morning I was not a bit surprised to be up 4lb!!!

I can’t make my WI tonight (secretly relieved!!) but I’m back on track today so will be on my best behavior for the week...

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

CavanGal - while I have been away to conferences x2, I have been very good since I came home, so like yourself I'm quietly optimistic that I will maybe pull a stay the same, or even a small loss?! Dare I dream? How is the running going BTW?

Fingers crossed for us both cailleach! I am still doing 5k twice a week so its going well. I am going to keep this up for a few weeks and then start increasing the distance when I get my time down. I want to keep the time of the run short as I do them at lunch so I need to have time to shower and eat lunch too. At the moment, 5k takes around 27mins but it varies. We had a great football training yesterday as well and I can feel the running is increasing my endurance. Once I get the eating under control, the weight should fall off. Easier said than done though!

I seriously recommend running. It takes 1/2 an hour and it is so rewarding to see your distance increase. Try to find or create a couch to 5k club. I need the group mentality and support coz even now, I dont think I could do 5k on my own. I'd get bored! Also sign up for runs. I am doing two 5ks the last weekend in July. The Saturday is the mad mad craic run which is like runamuk so its not even a proper run. The Sunday is the rainbow run which is a run but at each km mark, you get a different colour powder or something thrown on you which will be so motivational.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Hey there,
    Well I was down 1 lb, which brought me into the 12 st xx bracket which is brilliant! I'm delighted with that.

I'm off on holidays on saturday, to france, so really must try and stay away from the cheese and bread! It's going to be hard, but will try and do some exercise on holiday too, we'll be hiring bikes, so that's something!

best of luck everyone.

Cailleach, those runs sound like great craic!

First day of my new week! went well, work wasn't too stressful an had food prepared! then i come home to end up sharing a dominoes wit my oh to drown out his crap day!!! Stupid!

Gonna make it my business to actually point what i ate hopefully will be some shock tactics to keep me on the straight for the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tonight. Very strange weekend and I don't know how I'm going to be. I barely ate and downed a bottle of wine in about an hour on Sunday evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Well I had the best of intentions to have a good week like last week but I've been a bit off the rails, I actually tracked everything but ate too many of the WW bars I'd bought.

Today is the first day I walked as I was working at the weekend. I downloaded a MAP MY WALK app for the phone so I can track the distance I walk etc.

WI is Thursday so shur we'll see how it goes. I got to 15st last week and I was hoping to get into 14 something this week,will be happy now with a STS!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Haven't posted in ages :o Will have to read back over the last 20 + pages! Have had good weeks and bad, lost 9 lbs since I restarted mid April but due to lots of weddings and the never ending afters- I've 3lb back on!

Would be interested to hear on tips people have from weeks when they've had really good losses- I know tracking is key!

2lbs down tonight, 3.5lbs until my 3rd stone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Havent posted in ages tbh, just back from 2 weeks holiday I seriously can't stop eating I dont know wat to do seriously thinking of getting tablets or something just to suppress the appetite I never usually condone anything like that but I feel tramped in a vicious cycle any advice would be really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Am planning my meals for the rest of the week, bit of a shaky evening, would love fajitas later in the week, anybody know whcih wraps are the best PP wise? :)

intouch44 wrote: »
    Am planning my meals for the rest of the week, bit of a shaky evening, would love fajitas later in the week, anybody know whcih wraps are the best PP wise? :)

I love fajitas but I could easily eat 3 or 4 wraps :o So they're a killer! The old El Paso ones you get in fajita kit are 2pp each, or 2 for 5pp. They're the small ones though, the ones you buy separate from the pack are more. So not too bad if you're not as greedy as me :D

I got a great tip in here before for fajitas actually. Instead of using a wrap, use big leaves of iceberg lettuce, similar to a Chinese yuk sung. It's not quite the same but it's still a great substitute if you're trying to save points :)

• Advertisement

Guys I may be heading to the Zoo and Natural History Museum tomorrow. Any ideas for somewhere to eat near either place or in Heuston? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamdoughnuts

Rachael Fergie- oh my god you totally took the words out of my mouth. For whatever reason, for the last 8 weeks I seem to be hungry all the time and I'm eating SO much more than normal. Back at the end of May i went on hols for a week, so for a couple of weeks before that i was being really bad with food because i was thinking well I'm going on holidays so there's no point in being good now, but since I got back, I'm even worse!! I started back on WW on Monday and already I've dipped well into my weekly points because when the evening time comes I'm eating all around me!! Like you said, it's like I'm stuck in this really bad food rut and I need to get out if it, FAST!

Glo waiting - thanks so much for posting up about your blog. It looks great and I appreciate you posting the points on there too.

Well done Purple Pawprints and Lormuz on your losses this week :) happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

So. My last weigh in was three weeks ago, and I was up 3 pounds - dehydration from a 10k and dominos pizza ensured I was retaining water to beat the band. In the meantime, I wound up on crutches and had two trips abroad for work - I was very careful foodwise in between, but I wouldn't have been surprised if the 3lbs were still stubbornly sticking about.

I was down 4lbs, back to 1/2lb to goal *dies*. Very excited and happy and feeling really good about everything!

Rachael - I think that if there was a magic tablet to lose weight, we'd all be on it ;-). I believe that most of those options are just laxative, so it's a false weight loss. Are you eating enough wholemeal carbohydrates? I find if I don't eat wholemeal (like lentils, brown pasta, baked potatoes) I wind up starving! And I also find eggs great to keep me going during the day. There's nothing worse than being hungry all the time - if you fill up on 'filling and healthy' foods it might help? Best of luck.

Cavangal - so jealous reading about the running. I'm not allowed again until September with this shagging ankle. I keep getting massive jealousy seeing people jogging in my area - I never thought I'd be a person to miss running. Agree with every word you say about how great it makes you feel - and I'm devastated to be off the roads at the moment.

Well done cailleach an airgid, that's a great loss considering you can't exercise!

I'm not feeling great about my WI tonight, I don't know why. I was up 2.5 last week and wanted it all gone this week, but I have a feeling it won't be. I had a good week but I haven't done any exercise at all. My membership in my gym is up in a week or two and I haven't been making the most of it at all the past few weeks, which I'm kicking myself over. I've arthritis in my knees so unfortunately running and even walking is not really feasible, and swimming was my main source of exercise. Can't afford to renew the membership either, so not sure what I'm going to do.

Oh yeah I've a question, does anyone ever feel like they're taking the piss a bit with being allowed eat as much fruit and veg as they like? I eat a LOT of fruit. I've a big appetite and fruit is great at filling me up. Some nights when I've used all my points during the day, I'll have a big fruit salad. Some days I'll eat 5/6 portions of fruit, on top of 2/3 portions of veg. I'm a bit worried about this because, even though fruit is good for you, it still has calories!! So I'm thinking it's likely that it will have an effect on my weight loss :/

Well done cailleach great results delighted for you :-)

Today was better than yday within points ok food and some yoga! Taking every day as it comes that binge last nite whacked most my weeklies off the table so have no choice but to be good!

Regarding the fruit, i don't think it will matter until you have a gain or plateau! least then you know that is something you and tweak or reduce ya know! good luck with your weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some ideas and support as I've just started WW and have a LONG way to go as I need to lose at least 7 stone. I'm glad to have found this place and look forward to reading all the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some ideas and support as I've just started WW and have a LONG way to go as I need to lose at least 7 stone. I'm glad to have found this place and look forward to reading all the posts.

You will get LOTS of help and inspiration here :)

And just think as and from your joining ww you will always have less than 7st to lose from this day on :) I've 4 stone to lose in total but I try to look at it in smaller steps rather than as a whole!

Well done on your excellent loss Cailleach!

I was down 4lbs, back to 1/2lb to goal *dies*. Very excited and happy and feeling really good about everything!.......

Cavangal - so jealous reading about the running. I'm not allowed again until September with this shagging ankle. I keep getting massive jealousy seeing people jogging in my area - I never thought I'd be a person to miss running. Agree with every word you say about how great it makes you feel - and I'm devastated to be off the roads at the moment.

Wow Cailleach, well done on the loss especially considering you were at conferences and couldn't exercise.

It's so funny that you are jealous of me as I am such a moany ar*e pre-run but love the post-run feeling. I am actually a ridiculously lazy person. I hate the thoughts of running and even football sometimes but when I get out there I really enjoy it. Its psychological laziness!

I think I am doing well this week. I had a little bump yesterday but I have the exercise pp to cover it so I should be ok. My skirt feels a lot looser today too. We have a lunchtime nutrition talk tomorrow so no run but one of the other runners has agreed to go Friday with me. It means though that I lose some pre-WI exercise as I WI Friday mornings. I have an appointment after work tomorrow evening so I won't have time to run then. Hopefully it won't effect me Friday and I think the talk will be beneficial as it is to do with eating for energy which will be useful for running and teach me how to use my pp better and stop wasting them on crappy treats.

Good week so far. Onwards and downwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Weigh in tonight - lost a pound. Delighted as thought I might be p as I've started exercising the last week to tone up! 2lbs to goal!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi All, Congrats on the weight losses so far this week! I have my weigh in tomorrow and have tried to be good most of the week but I lost the run of myself yesterday and if it didn't move I ate it so I am not feeling too confident:( I will post tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I am also going on my holls on the 18th of this month and I am terrified that I will go mad altogether but like everyone here I will try to stay on track. I will keep reading to stay motivated and pick up tips. Hope you are all having a good week. Onwards and Downwards:)

Advertisement