Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Ok so Wednesday was ok not great and did some more hot yoga was definitely tougher than sat! and today has been good and on my way to a pt session! Have some sort of exercise planned each day until weigh in so maybe will salvage something!

I need to start thinking of the bigger picture though, this is for life not just for holidays or events and i want so much to get to goal and follow my dreams into the nutrition world or maybe even owning my own restaurant! Small steps and ill get there :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Had my WI last night and was very disappointed to only be down 1lb. Usually I'd be happy with that, but was up 2.5 last week and wanted it all gone this week. Pity it's so much easier to put on weight than lose it :D Trying not to feel demotivated. I'm meeting my friend for dinner and drinks after work tonight so I'm going to have a light lunch and try and be as sensible as possible later. I don't know what I'm doing yet this weekend though. Ideally I'd love to have a quiet one and not go out, but my friend is home from Australia for a couple of weeks and I know she's going to want to do stuff. The thing is, it's my birthday next weekend, I'll be out two nights in a row for that, and then the following weekend I'm on a hen! So I really need a good one this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Be sensible with your drinks and do as much exercise as you can. If you can find somewhere that does the wine we got in class it'd be great. Or have a pint of water between drinks. Be as sensible as you can with your food choices. Enjoy yourself as well though, don't let WW ruin your weekends! :)

Be sensible with your drinks and do as much exercise as you can. If you can find somewhere that does the wine we got in class it'd be great. Or have a pint of water between drinks. Be as sensible as you can with your food choices. Enjoy yourself as well though, don't let WW ruin your weekends! :)

Thanks. I can't imagine I'd be able to drink alcohol-free wine on a night out :p I'll stick with my vodka for my birthday and the hen anyway. At least the hen is only one night. I'm going to be having a few wines tonight but definitely going to take my time over them. I don't let WW ruin my weekends at all...the opposite in fact. I'm perfect 5/6 days of the week and then blow it on 1/2 days of the weekend! I'm not making the mistakes I made last time, where I'd just binge when I was hungover. I've become so much better on hangover days and stick to water, diet drinks and fruit to cure me (and a nice homemade curry!) so at least that's a step in the right direction. Just have to start reining in the actual nights out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Lormuz wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Well I was down 1 lb, which brought me into the 12 st xx bracket which is brilliant! I'm delighted with that.

I'm off on holidays on saturday, to france, so really must try and stay away from the cheese and bread! It's going to be hard, but will try and do some exercise on holiday too, we'll be hiring bikes, so that's something!

best of luck everyone.

Cailleach, those runs sound like great craic!

I was in France (Provence area) around this time 2 years ago and the fresh fruit was so amazing...think of nectarines and peaches taste bombing in your mouth and juice running down your chin!!! And zero points!! Also they have diet Nestea in France which is sooo refreshing in the heat with tons of ice :)

• Advertisement

Sounds like you have it all under control then! :D I think everything's more manageable once you plan a couple of things in advance.

You could try a diet mixer either. I've been out a couple of times and have had diet coke with my Jameson instead of normal coke and thought it was grand. Probably also helps that I can't drink as much as I used to. :o

Sounds like you have it all under control then! :D I think everything's more manageable once you plan a couple of things in advance.

You could try a diet mixer either. I've been out a couple of times and have had diet coke with my Jameson instead of normal coke and thought it was grand. Probably also helps that I can't drink as much as I used to. :o

I don't actually drink soft drinks with alcohol. I used to drink vodka and cranberry, but cranberry would be as much as having a soft drink. At the moment I have a small dash of blackcurrant and water with vodka. It's not ideal, as the pubs don't have sugar-free cordial, but I always ask for a very small dash so at least it's better than having a full-fat soft drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

A pound down today - total now 5.5 pounds off, in a new stone bracket so happy out with that.
    I didn't buy any WW bars this week as I did the dog on them last weekend. I don't think you're supposed to have 3 at one sitting!
    Going to use my 49 weeklies a bit more judiciously this week - that's the plan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Morning all!

Heading out this weekend, would like to limit the damage I do so am planning on drinking vodka and diet 7-up and hopefully a few diet 7-ups on their own!

Am I right in thinking vodka is 3PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Oh yeah I've a question, does anyone ever feel like they're taking the piss a bit with being allowed eat as much fruit and veg as they like? I eat a LOT of fruit. I've a big appetite and fruit is great at filling me up. Some nights when I've used all my points during the day, I'll have a big fruit salad. Some days I'll eat 5/6 portions of fruit, on top of 2/3 portions of veg. I'm a bit worried about this because, even though fruit is good for you, it still has calories!! So I'm thinking it's likely that it will have an effect on my weight loss :/

We were told in class if you eat more than 5 portions of fruit you need to point them due to the sugar in them.

• Advertisement

Natmus wrote: »
    We were told in class if you eat more than 5 portions of fruit you need to point them due to the sugar in them.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll have to start being a bit more careful then. Thanks :)

intouch44 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Heading out this weekend, would like to limit the damage I do so am planning on drinking vodka and diet 7-up and hopefully a few diet 7-ups on their own!

Am I right in thinking vodka is 3PP?

Ya Vodka is 3pp. Our leader had all the drinks pointed today. And got the little bottle of 1pp wine from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

So worried that I will have a gain this week, I had been doing so well but had a stressful week as my kitten was really sick, so WW kinda went out the window for a few days. Gonna be hard to go tonight as if I do have weight up it will be my first gain since rejoining!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Heya ladies, went back today. Down 2.5lbs and feeling a bit meh about it. I've been exercising which is something I never did before so was hoping to be down a bit more. That being said, while I was watching what I ate, I wasn't pointing very thoroughly and I did have a good few birthday's and other events where the drinks were flowing so could be a bit worse.

I don't know, feeling very unmotivated at the moment. I'm normally upbeat about the whole thing but I just feel 'meh'. Sick of eating the same food, sick of worrying about it. Meh, meh, meh :)

I think I need some new exciting recipes.

2.5lbs is great! :D

Have a look on some of the blogs and the WW website. There's a lovely omelette recipe and a lovely French Toastie recipe on there.

Heya ladies, went back today. Down 2.5lbs and feeling a bit meh about it. I've been exercising which is something I never did before so was hoping to be down a bit more. That being said, while I was watching what I ate, I wasn't pointing very thoroughly and I did have a good few birthday's and other events where the drinks were flowing so could be a bit worse.

I don't know, feeling very unmotivated at the moment. I'm normally upbeat about the whole thing but I just feel 'meh'. Sick of eating the same food, sick of worrying about it. Meh, meh, meh :)

You really shouldn't be feeling "meh" about a 2.5 loss in 7 days...that's something to be delighted about, especially considering you weren't tracking properly!

I've found in the past that eating the same meals over and over again gets so boring. I'm much more into cooking now and love experimenting with different things. Maybe looking up new recipes will get you more enthusiastic.

2 and a half pounds is brill! It's DOWN and tht's the name of the game!

Get the Weightwatchers magazine, they always have nice recipes. I cook an awful lot and most recipes can be tweaked a bit to fit in with your pp allowance. I find if I have something tasty I don't need as much of it but I'd be bored as hell having the same stuff day after day after day!

I'd be delighted with 2.5lbs in a week but what I neglected to mention was I didn't make it last week, so it's really over 2 weeks.....and the fact that I didn't go last week sums up my 'meh' quite nicely! :)

Ah yeah, I just have to get real about the whole thing. I was doing well a few months back, losing about 1.5lbs a week but then just gave up. I need to give myself a boot up the hole and realise I can either drag this out half-heartedly and take a feckin year to lose the last stone, or go hell for leather.

Thanks dearies, going to start holding myself to account a bit more!

I'd be delighted with 2.5lbs in a week but what I neglected to mention was I didn't make it last week, so it's really over 2 weeks.....and the fact that I didn't go last week sums up my 'meh' quite nicely! :)

Ah yeah, I just have to get real about the whole thing. I was doing well a few months back, losing about 1.5lbs a week but then just gave up. I need to give myself a boot up the hole and realise I can either drag this out half-heartedly and take a feckin year to lose the last stone, or go hell for leather.

Thanks dearies, going to start holding myself to account a bit more!

2.5lbs in 2 weeks is really good. Look at it this way...if you lost 2.5lbs every two weeks, you'd lose 4.5 stone in a year!

I know where your coming from with feeling 'meh' it usually happens me every time I join WW, get really tired of it and just want to go back to tucking into a nice chinese or burger! But this is the longest I've lasted without that feeling! I find if I give myself a days break from counting everything and being really meticulous then I get back on track a lot faster!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Might start pulling together some decent lunch recipes over the next few days. If I end up having the same salad or soup once more, I may end up throwing lettuce all over the office!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I'll be jumping for joy if I have a 2.5lb loss tomorrow! Sick thinking about it even though I did ok this week.

There was a nutritional talk at lunchtime at work and she had some really interesting things to say. These are some of her tips:

• Eggs eggs eggs for breakfast. No links with cholesterol. You can eat 20 a week if you want. Next to mother's milk, these are the most densely nutritional food. If you cant eat eggs, next best thing is porridge with flax or linseed.

• Dont drink coke zero or diet coke, there have been lots of studies on these which show links to many diseases as they contain additives which are not suitable for human consumption. One study from Harvard shows links to leukaemia! Don’t drink any fizzy drinks but if you have to, drink full fat.

• Similarly, stay away lucozade and all performance or sports drinks. Its all rubbish. Drink water, tonic water, sparkling water or soda water. Not even cordial.

• Natural and Greek Yoghurt all the way. Stay away from low fat as they are full of sugar.

• Omega 3 is vital. You can get it from oily fish and nuts. We should eat oily fish esp mackerel and sardines twice a week. Tinned are fine but fresh is better. If you need to take a substitute, take More EPA.

• We should all be eating 9 (not 5) fruit and especially veg, especially green veg, a day.

• Eat plenty of fibre – fruit, veg and browns.

• The only vitamin you need is Omega 3 and Vitamin D – as we don’t get enough sun.

• Exercise in the morning especially if your job is stressful.

• Sleep is vital 7-8 hours in winter and 7 in summer.

• 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Don’t let yourself get hungry. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and supper like a pauper.

Scary fact: the number one selling food product in Ireland is Coca Cola! Lucozade is no. 3!

Oh and by the way, this is not a lecture, just information. I feel that with WW I tend to save pp for crappy treats and I eat a lot of low fat alternatives which have loads of sugar so I need to work on getting the balance right.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

http://www.menupages.ie/Carlow/carlow_north/carlow_town/pompei_restaurant/menu

Hi =)

I'm off out for dinner tomorrow night to Pompeii in Carlow.

I have attached the menu above and I was wondering if anyone could have a look at it and advise me on the best main course option?

Please and thanks =)

CavanGal wrote: »
    I'll be jumping for joy if I have a 2.5lb loss tomorrow! Sick thinking about it even though I did ok this week.

There was a nutritional talk at lunchtime at work and she had some really interesting things to say. These are some of her tips:

• Eggs eggs eggs for breakfast. No links with cholesterol. You can eat 20 a week if you want. Next to mother's milk, these are the most densely nutritional food. If you cant eat eggs, next best thing is porridge with flax or linseed.

• Dont drink coke zero or diet coke, there have been lots of studies on these which show links to many diseases as they contain additives which are not suitable for human consumption. One study from Harvard shows links to leukaemia! Don’t drink any fizzy drinks but if you have to, drink full fat.

• Similarly, stay away lucozade and all performance or sports drinks. Its all rubbish. Drink water, tonic water, sparkling water or soda water. Not even cordial.

• Natural and Greek Yoghurt all the way. Stay away from low fat as they are full of sugar.

• Omega 3 is vital. You can get it from oily fish and nuts. We should eat oily fish esp mackerel and sardines twice a week. Tinned are fine but fresh is better. If you need to take a substitute, take More EPA.

• We should all be eating 9 (not 5) fruit and especially veg, especially green veg, a day.

• Eat plenty of fibre – fruit, veg and browns.

• The only vitamin you need is Omega 3 and Vitamin D – as we don’t get enough sun.

• Exercise in the morning especially if your job is stressful.

• Sleep is vital 7-8 hours in winter and 7 in summer.

• 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Don’t let yourself get hungry. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and supper like a pauper.

Scary fact: the number one selling food product in Ireland is Coca Cola! Lucozade is no. 3!

Oh and by the way, this is not a lecture, just information. I feel that with WW I tend to save pp for crappy treats and I eat a lot of low fat alternatives which have loads of sugar so I need to work on getting the balance right.

CavanGirl, that's brilliant, thanks a mill for posting it. I'm totally shocked about the coke stat!

In fairness the "diet drinks" one is a huge exaggeration and very much scare-mongering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

In fairness the "diet drinks" one is a huge exaggeration and very much scare-mongering!

I don't think so really. Artificial sweeteners have often been linked to negative health effects. Same way were fooled into thinking low fat is better, etc etc

ck83 wrote: »
    I don't think so really. Artificial sweeteners have often been linked to negative health effects. Same way were fooled into thinking low fat is better, etc etc

Yeah but only in really really high quantities. Someone posted about it in this thread a while ago. I think the studies that have been carried out have given rats 400 times the normal consumption of those additives, to come up with those results. Even having one bottle of diet coke a day is fine in that respect. The problem is that the artificial sweeteners can increase your appetite and make you crave actual sugar.

I'm in shock, down 3lbs!!! Got a lovely new 7 to add to my collection and only 4.5lbs to my next stone :D that really gave me the motivation I need to keep going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

As is the not drinking cordial. Totally over the top!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I am just back from my weigh in and I was down two and a half pound:) Am delighted!:) Onwards and Downwards!

Advertisement