Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Well done to all the losers this week. I am so happy to have found this forum and love reading everyone's story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done all! I took the advice I got here recently, and re-joined last night. Great class. Hopefully I have the old spirit back. Have a long weekend coming up in about 3 weeks, so aiming to be a little lighter by then. Best of luck one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

So I haven't been on all week - sick baby and now sick hubbie!! Down 2.5lb on Monday so that's 10lb in 3 wi's. I was so determined to work my ass off this week and try to get to the 1 stone loss either this week or next week but today was so crap!!! Made some fairly major mistakes at work all I wanted to do was cry and then eat chocolate!!!!! I'm just so tired after being up all week with the baby I can't see straight let alone make healthy choices!!!!! (I didn't eat the chocolate by the way, used up my last bit of willpower in that one!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Good news for me today, down 2 stone overall!!!!!!!!! only 3lb to go to get to goal. But when that comes, it comes!! I'm now at the stage of getting clothes altered, I really believe that this time, this is it. I'm sick of yo-yoing so really want to get to goal and maintain!!
    LouLouBaby - you are doing great, that stone will come but be easy on yourself, it sounds like you have enough on your plate (pun!!), hope you don't get sick so eat well and healthy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Yay for Friday! my motivation has definitely picked up over last few days eating well and moving more! Hopefully i can see it thru the weekend and see a somewhat decent loss on Monday! I made a weight tracker on a spreadsheet in work its very helpful to see the losses and of course the bad weeks!

Well done to all on the losses this week enjoy the weekend with ww in mind :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Having a bad week…just can’t get back into it. Gone over my points every day. No exercise or energy (I’d normally run a few times a week). Fell asleep at 7pm yesterday & didn’t wake till 8 this morning!!!! Dreading the weekend as that’s always my downfall. Hopefully I’ll snap out of it & get back on track.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel a bit weird this week. Had my treat as usual on Tuesday after WI. Wednesday I went to the zoo and was walking for the whole day. Foodwise I had cereal before I left, an apple while I was walking around, a couscous stuffed pepper with a handful of chips for lunch along with a fruit salad. When I got home I had my dinner which was a pork chop, some potatoes and cabbage.

Yesterday I didn't go over my points. Ate the same things but made the peppers myself. Also had a Cadbury's Option. Walked 11km in total. I just feel like I'm not "in the groove" or something. :confused:

I'm making myself an omelette for lunch today. The recipe is from the Weight Watchers website. Just feeling a bit meh. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Natmus wrote: »
    Having a bad week…just can’t get back into it. Gone over my points every day. No exercise or energy (I’d normally run a few times a week). Fell asleep at 7pm yesterday & didn’t wake till 8 this morning!!!! Dreading the weekend as that’s always my downfall. Hopefully I’ll snap out of it & get back on track.

Hi Natmus, Hope your not coming down with something, Try and eat lots of good food and take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

Wishing everybody a good weekend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I'm not having a good week either :( I usually wait til the weekend to use my 49 points, but met a friend for the first time in ages last night & had garlic chips & a choc milkshake, even though I knew I was going out for a dinner tonight. Started today with the best of intentions, fruit for breakfast, but got a lump of choc cake on my desk & I couldn't say no!Just know this weekend is going to be a write off. Going to have to salvage something along the way though, really wanted to lose a pound to get to my 1st stone, but doubt that's going to happen now...

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend & enjoy the fab weather they're saying we're going to get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Made the mistake of getting up on the scales this morning and it showed a 1.5lb gain- very disappointed as I have been good all week, did have one dodgy evening but used weeklies for that, the weird thing is I do feel better in myself so I suppose I'll have to try not focus on the number on the scales, goal seems sooooooo far away right now so need to break it down to smaller mini goals to keep me sane! And I'm gonna pick one time to weigh myself each week!

Hope everyone enjoys this glorious weekend and hopefully the sun will encourage lots of water drinking and eating fruit!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Work have now landed in with Friday treats and there is the most exquisite cupcake with heaps of icing staring at me from my desk....I....Will....Resist....nomnomnom.

Back to pointing today. I have a nice little trick where I manage to keep my main meals fairly ok and feel I'm doing 'great', neglecting to account for the biscuit here, the packet of crisps there...so that stops today!

I'm out and about a lot and that's my downfall I think. I can control my food & meals well at home but because I can't point my food when I eat out (which might be 4 nights in a row), then I just give up.

Well sure with the amazing weather that's coming, we'll all be up and about this weekend so we'll get loads of exercise I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Natmus wrote: »

Don't feel bad about it, it sounds like your body is trying to tell you something, be it that you're coming down with something or just needed the extra rest. Just listen to your body and enjoy the break if you can. x

I had a bad dream last night, arguing with my grown up familyand today I'm feeling really fed up, can't shake off the way it left me feeling. And then of course I started thinking of the long journey ahead of me so I need a kick to keep me focused and positive today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I had a bad dream last night, arguing with my grown up familyand today I'm feeling really fed up, can't shake off the way it left me feeling. And then of course I started thinking of the long journey ahead of me so I need a kick to keep me focused and positive today.

Hug :)

I, Miss Gal of Cavan, have just run...drum roll please.... 8km!!!!!!

I am so so proud of myself! The most I had done to date is 5km so it was a big jump. It was so warm but we ran out to the Irishtown Park and it was so beautiful and relaxing to run along the coast and there was a lovely refreshing breeze. I am thrilled and can feel my body becoming more toned. I got my legs waxed yesterday and the beautician said my legs are very toned. To be fair, I always had slim legs as I carry my weight on my stomach but it was lovely to hear nonetheless. Now I am off to enjoy this beautiful weekend guilt free.

Have a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

CavanGal wrote: »

I am so so proud of myself! The most I had done to date is 5km so it was a big jump. It was so warm but we ran out to the Irishtown Park and it was so beautiful and relaxing to run along the coast and there was a lovely refreshing breeze. I am thrilled and can feel my body becoming more toned. I got my legs waxed yesterday and the beautician said my legs are very toned. To be fair, I always had slim legs as I carry my weight on my stomach but it was lovely to hear nonetheless. Now I am off to enjoy this beautiful weekend guilt free.

Have a good one!
    CavanGal wrote: »

Have a good one!

Hurrah! Well done!! It's great to see such progress. I'm still working through the c25k- did wk 6 day 2 yesterday, so that was my last at with a couple of shorter runs. From now on its just looong runs! Eeek! I really didn't think I'd manage 2 10 min runs last pm- but I actually going the first one quite easy to get through. The second was harder, but I did it!!
    Booked in with one of the personal trainers in the gym for next week. It's time to start doing more weights, and not just cardio... And of course diet... That needs work too- have been off work the last couple of weeks, so it's gone haywire...

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Cavangal that is amazing, well done!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

After the worst week I've ever had last week, I thought I'd find it hard to get back into things this week, but to my surprise, I'm finding it easy enough to get back on track. WW really does change your life though, eg, today I'm getting the bus from Galway to Cork, and where 2 months ago my bus snacks might have been a Yorkie or a Snickers, or a bag of yoghurt covered nuts, today I have a bag of roasted broccoli florets to keep me tiding over. How weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys, trying as hard as I can anyway to keep going on this!

I'm eating fine during the week generally but to be honest I don't think I've lost anything even with all the exercise - started the C25k this week and went running Monday and Tuesday and then going again tomorrow. Went spinning on Thursday then. I'm just wondering though is it ok to leave such a big gap between running sessions? From Tuesday to Sunday?

Also, I was at a house party last night so after a few drinks you get the munches and sure I was mad for crisps and stuff so was eating all round me!! I wouldn't even know how to point what I ate cos I was just nibbling the whole time!

It's so much more difficult to lose weight as you get older!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey guys, trying as hard as I can anyway to keep going on this!

I'm eating fine during the week generally but to be honest I don't think I've lost anything even with all the exercise - started the C25k this week and went running Monday and Tuesday and then going again tomorrow. Went spinning on Thursday then. I'm just wondering though is it ok to leave such a big gap between running sessions? From Tuesday to Sunday?

Also, I was at a house party last night so after a few drinks you get the munches and sure I was mad for crisps and stuff so was eating all round me!! I wouldn't even know how to point what I ate cos I was just nibbling the whole time!

It's so much more difficult to lose weight as you get older!!

It's recommended to do the c25k three times in the week, with a day between each, and then 2 days off. So say, mon, wed, fri, and off sat and sun. I haven't had one week where I've managed to do that. I've had plenty long gaps between my runs, but so long as I've had some kind of fairly high intensity exercise in there, I haven't had any bother. Doing runs two days in a row might be ok when you're at the start and the runs are short- but it probably won't be a great idea down the line when the runs are longer

Dreading wi on Monday. I had been doing so well but after a particularly stressful week I've pick up a tummy bug from my little girl and hubbie!!! Haven't been out walking much and even though I haven't really been eating I feel really bloated and crappy!!!!!

Any ideas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ok, some people here might recall i was on previous iterations of the WW thread ...

I went from 17st8 down to 13st8, full new wardrobe purchased :cool: and ... then ( here come the excuses)

- I gave up on the diet for Christmas 2011 ... and was never able to get back on the wagon
    - changed job, much more formal (less opportunity to go walk at lunch)
    - contracted a heart infection in the summer of 2012 after a few bad chest infections - no exercise for 12months ...

and now find myself back at 16st10 :eek:

I've started excercising again but am finding it really hard to motivate myself from the diet point of view to the same extent I did first time around ....

:(:(:(

I've been reading the last few posts and just want to encourage loulou and GT to stick with it over the weekend. My sister sent me a lovely message and it said "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow is your progress you are still way ahead of anyone who isn't trying". Hope that inspires you to keep going. I am going to enjoy the fabulous weather that seems to be on its way and going to stay tracking and chipping away at the mountain that is ME. Hugs to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ok, some people here might recall i was on previous iterations of the WW thread ...

I went from 17st8 down to 13st8, full new wardrobe purchased :cool: and ... then ( here come the excuses)

- I gave up on the diet for Christmas 2011 ... and was never able to get back on the wagon
    - changed job, much more formal (less opportunity to go walk at lunch)
    - contracted a heart infection in the summer of 2012 after a few bad chest infections - no exercise for 12months ...

and now find myself back at 16st10 :eek:

I've started excercising again but am finding it really hard to motivate myself from the diet point of view to the same extent I did first time around ....

:(:(:(

Hi GT, I first joined weight watchers ten years ago and weighed in at 12st 7lb and got down to 9st 7lb. I kept it off for a few years and then went up to 11 stone and faffed around for years joining and rejoining weight watchers trying to lose but failing. In the last three years I have moved three times and dealt with failed pregnancies and buried my father. Last September I found myself weighing a whopping 14st 7lb.

I started walking and lost five pound on my own and in October myself and a friend decided we had to do something so I joined back and to tell you the truth I didn't expect to lose and I was so depressed.

My first weigh in was 14st 2lb. I have found it hard but I make myself go out on walk and try so hard to eat right. Last Thursday I weighed in at 12st 8lb. I am still big and the confidence has not fully returned but all I can say is keep at it.

Sorry if this was too long winded but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and that it is always easier doing anything the first time.

Another here who posted recently that I was struggling with motivation, having successfully used WW in the past, and knowing that it does work. I took the encouragement I was given here, and re-joined class last week. The leader was filling in for the usual leader, and she was so enthusiastic, she fired us all up. One thing she reminded us of is, that this is for you, and other bits like that, that put me thinking. I am only a few days into it, but have my tracker in front of me here as I type, and so far so good.
    I occasionally have a glass of white wine on a Sat night, must read my guide and see what is my best option, in terms of propoints. Any thoughts! What do ye choose, if having a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

GT.... I can definitely second what honey girl has said! I was similar to you losing over 4st.. then life took over I moved countries, diff routines, uni etc..I faffed around with every other diet going until I realised WW was and is the best to suit my lifestyle, I am back in classes since mid april and am chipping away at the weight again! You can and will do this, nothing can be changed from the past only you have to change your mindset and try focus on the now! I wish you all the very best and I know ul get so much motivation, tips and recipes on here :)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Another here who posted recently that I was struggling with motivation, having successfully used WW in the past, and knowing that it does work. I took the encouragement I was given here, and re-joined class last week. The leader was filling in for the usual leader, and she was so enthusiastic, she fired us all up. One thing she reminded us of is, that this is for you, and other bits like that, that put me thinking. I am only a few days into it, but have my tracker in front of me here as I type, and so far so good.
    I occasionally have a glass of white wine on a Sat night, must read my guide and see what is my best option, in terms of propoints. Any thoughts! What do ye choose, if having a drink?

The low alcohol wines are ok for points. A bottle of normal wine is 20pp the 5.5% wine is 12 for the bottle.

Thanks a million. I got some low alcohol wine while shopping earlier, will enjoy a glass later. :)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Thanks a million. I got some low alcohol wine while shopping earlier, will enjoy a glass later. :)

How did you get on with the wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Loulou - sorry to hear you're unwell - being can throw a person right off, so don't worry about the weigh in this week. Get back on track as soon as you feel better, but don't stress. I've had two days of complete crap food thus week, and feeling bloated today as a result. I find drinking lots of water and eating loads of veggies (in soup for me) helps to dissipate that bloated feeling.

Like many of you, I have been in and out of we before. First when I was 19, and finally last October. I was 20lbs heavier starting in oct than I was when I began at 10. I am happy to say that it really clicked for me this time and the support in this thread has been a large part of that!

Btw, had anyone tried Broghies yet? Got them yesterday, a bit like bowls made of cracker bread. I filled with spicy roast veg and mint fat free yogurt, unbelievable, very low pp and fancy! Also going to try with Philly extra light and strawberries today ;-)

• Advertisement

Loulou - sorry to hear you're unwell - being can throw a person right off, so don't worry about the weigh in this week. Get back on track as soon as you feel better, but don't stress. I've had two days of complete crap food thus week, and feeling bloated today as a result. I find drinking lots of water and eating loads of veggies (in soup for me) helps to dissipate that bloated feeling.

Like many of you, I have been in and out of we before. First when I was 19, and finally last October. I was 20lbs heavier starting in oct than I was when I began at 10. I am happy to say that it really clicked for me this time and the support in this thread has been a large part of that!

Btw, had anyone tried Broghies yet? Got them yesterday, a bit like bowls made of cracker bread. I filled with spicy roast veg and mint fat free yogurt, unbelievable, very low pp and fancy! Also going to try with Philly extra light and strawberries today ;-)

Thank you :-). I feel much better today so I'm just going to suck it up for tomorrow :-). I've tried the broghies with bolognaise instead of pasta - really yummy and didn't have to use extra pps for pasta I only pointed the meat and made sauce from scratch

Advertisement