Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    How did you get on with the wine?

Grand. It's Blossom Hill Vie, 5.5 % vol, just had one glass last night.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    Thank you :-). I feel much better today so I'm just going to suck it up for tomorrow :-). I've tried the broghies with bolognaise instead of pasta - really yummy and didn't have to use extra pps for pasta I only pointed the meat and made sauce from scratch

Hope you are feeling okay. Never heard of broghies, must give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

On my way to my meeting prob going to be late and not able to weigh in which is seriously annoying saying a prayer as i type this! Stupid public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Never heard of broghies, must give them a try.

All good now Lynne, looking forward to WI so I can forget last week and just focus on this week lol.

Broghies are shaped like poppadoms but thicker like crispbread maybe? They are 2 for 1 pp and really versatile, you can use in for main courses to bulk up instead of pasta/rice. I was thinking at the weekend that they would be lovely as a kind of salad cup type thing or they are lovely with fresh fruit for dessert. They make them in Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

The weather has basically seen me in a beer garden for the weekend, with the ensuant hangover eating *rolls eyes*. Back to business this morning, I reckon I might be up a little after the weekend, but will hopefully eat sensibly now I have to work and can't be out morning noon and night ;-).

Has anyone used diet 7up for poaching fruit? I've a hankering for rhubarb at the moment, and I wonder would diet 7up work? Rhubarb is gorgeous but can be super bitter without half a kilo of sugar...would the 7up take the edge off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody have any idea how many pro points is in a portion of the chicken stir fry you get in butchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

leahyl wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea how many pro points is in a portion of the chicken stir fry you get in butchers?

It depends what's in it. You can point the chicken by weight anyway, that will be easy. I take it the veg are all raw? Then they'd all be 0pp. It all comes down to the sauce, stirfry sauces vary so much. Those sachets you buy can range from 3pp per 1/2 sachet, to as much as 7 or 8. And buying the stirfry from the butcher, you wouldn't know how the quantity of sauce, not to mention the ingredients. If you haven't already bought it, you'd be much better off just buying the ingredients and putting a stirfry together yourself!

It depends what's in it. You can point the chicken by weight anyway, that will be easy. I take it the veg are all raw? Then they'd all be 0pp. It all comes down to the sauce, stirfry sauces vary so much. Those sachets you buy can range from 3pp per 1/2 sachet, to as much as 7 or 8. And buying the stirfry from the butcher, you wouldn't know how the quantity of sauce, not to mention the ingredients. If you haven't already bought it, you'd be much better off just buying the ingredients and putting a stirfry together yourself!

Yeah it's bought already....! Parents are away for a few days so I'm fending for myself (!) so just want to have something easy to put on when I come home.....

You wouldn't have a recipe for a nice stir fry that I could try sometime would you (when I'm not feeling so lazy...!)

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah it's bought already....! Parents are away for a few days so I'm fending for myself (!) so just want to have something easy to put on when I come home.....

You wouldn't have a recipe for a nice stir fry that I could try sometime would you (when I'm not feeling so lazy...!)

Honestly, a stirfry is probably the easiest meal you can make :) Fry off some chicken, add chilli, garlic, ginger, onions, peppers... veg you want. You don't even need to add a sauce, I usually add some soy sauce/worcestshire sauce and some seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper/chilli powder/whatever!) I often scramble an egg too and break it up and throw it into the mix. I cook some brown rice and mix it all together. A dry stirfry like that mightn't be to everyone's taste though. The stirdfry sachets that you can buy are really handy, there are a variety of sauces but just be careful to check the nutritional info before you buy. I think the lowest ones I've found are spicy tomato szechuan (I THINK they're 3pp per 1/2 sachet) from Aldi.

Anyway everyone has their own favourite ways to make stirfries, I'm sure someone will post better instructions than me :D

Honestly, a stirfry is probably the easiest meal you can make :) Fry off some chicken, add chilli, garlic, ginger, onions, peppers... veg you want. You don't even need to add a sauce, I usually add some soy sauce/worcestshire sauce and some seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper/chilli powder/whatever!) I often scramble an egg too and break it up and throw it into the mix. I cook some brown rice and mix it all together. A dry stirfry like that mightn't be to everyone's taste though. The stirdfry sachets that you can buy are really handy, there are a variety of sauces but just be careful to check the nutritional info before you buy. I think the lowest ones I've found are spicy tomato szechuan (I THINK they're 3pp per 1/2 sachet) from Aldi.

Anyway everyone has their own favourite ways to make stirfries, I'm sure someone will post better instructions than me :D

Thanks a million for that - I'm starving just reading it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Oh my god, it's baking here. I can literally feel my arms and legs melting together. Had great intentions of going to the gym or for a run tonight and there's not a fear of it now. I'm struggling to move in the heat. On the plus side, it's too hot to consider eating!

How is everyone else coping?

Feeling extremely sleepy! The only thing I want past my lips is a nice cold glass of wine in a beer garden :( Maybe I'll go home and have my no-alcohol one that I got in class :D I usually don't get the "it's too warm to eat" thing, but definitely feeling it today. Gonna stock up on some fruit on the way home to stick in the fridge.

Good god its so warm!!!!!!!! WI tonight so trying not to drink a gallon of water before itll be bad enough without that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

The weather has basically seen me in a beer garden for the weekend, with the ensuant hangover eating *rolls eyes*. Back to business this morning, I reckon I might be up a little after the weekend, but will hopefully eat sensibly now I have to work and can't be out morning noon and night ;-).

Has anyone used diet 7up for poaching fruit? I've a hankering for rhubarb at the moment, and I wonder would diet 7up work? Rhubarb is gorgeous but can be super bitter without half a kilo of sugar...would the 7up take the edge off?

Hi Cailleach,
    I've poached fruit in diet 7up loads of times it works really well - it was recommended by my leader - she swears by it. Sometimes if I don't have diet 7up to hand I use water plus sweetener to taste and you can add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla pods etc. Lovely esp with apples :) Another idea is to add some sugar free jelly for example to rhubarb when poaching...then pour into a container and let it set in the fridge and you have a fruity rhubarby jelly which is fab with LF icecream/yogurt. The joys of WW - I get excited about things like this now!!
    Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG all that fruit sounds lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. Had my weigh in tonight and though I knew I'd done everything by the book I was terrified as I'd weighed myself and thought I wouldn't get a good result. Happy to report that I received my first silver 7. Anyone want a very used weighing scales :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. Had my weigh in tonight and though I knew I'd done everything by the book I was terrified as I'd weighed myself and thought I wouldn't get a good result. Happy to report that I received my first silver 7. Anyone want a very used weighing scales :)

Congrats Shirley that's great news :-). I just sent u a pm but u can ignore that now. I was down 2lb tonight so delighted didn't expect it :-)

Ok so i made weigh in and down 800g which is 1 and half pounds so yay! :) got some crap news from home yesterday so had some cake as had massive craving! Planned my meals for the week an exercise just out of a spin class heading to work, god i hate spin but has to be done! My main plan is to just keep moving and the weight will follow!

Im so jealous of you all with the gorgeous weather so good for yummy salads and sweet fruit! im the one in Australia and its Baltic in Melbourne the joys of winter down under :)

Good to all with your weigh ins x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Haven't been posting much of late - have had a manic few weeks and while I have been following the posts on here I haven't had time to go to meetings or post. I am staying on top of my weight though and finally getting back to a meeting tonight. Still should be within my 5lbs of goal but may be up a lb from the last time I weighed in.

Have another few manic weeks ahead of me full of days that are going to be off track. I swear sometimes I think July is worse than Christmas for me. My lovely boyfriend is taking me to Killarney this weekend as an early birthday present. It will most def be food filled (2 dinners out and he is currently looking into afternoon tea :p ) but he has also planned a 22km cycle for us and if the weather is this nice I am hoping for lots of outdoor activites to keep me active. I also have my actual birthday meal out with my family, the usual drinks with friends and then for the last 2 weeks of July I have loads of family visiting so lots of social outings. I will also be off work so out of routine which makes it even more difficult. I have a plan though, a run every day I am off and of course stayin 100% on track whenever I do not have something specific on.

It'll be tough but I am positive I can get through the next few weeks. I am starting a new job in August and I am so excited so that good news is keeping me well and truly on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

I missed weigh in last night, going to try go tonight. I know I will be up though, had a disasterous week. Need to try reign it in now & get back on track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Rejoing ww tomorrow night - dreading what the scales will say. Trying to keep positive and trust that whatever the number I won't be seeing it again!

Keep the motivation coming lads and lassies!

P.S. Anyone know how many pp in a mini babybel light?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pinkpencilcase

Arrrrrgh!! I busted my hole this week, swam 3 times, ran twice and pointed exactly. Went to the gym tonight and the weighed me, only down a half pound! I'm not due to weigh in until Thursday, but I thought I'd be doing so much better. Fed up.

STS for me tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

ShindyB,Mini babybel light is 1pp each 21g piece. Good on you for rejoining.
    Pinkpencilcase, pay no attention to other scales, just go by the WW one on your weigh in and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
    PurplePawPrints, I know how disheartening it is to the stay the same but it will show next week so keep on going.
    Tiny penguin, best of luck with the new job and congratulations on getting it in these tough times.

I'm having a think to see what I could do. I think maybe I didn't get as much exercise as I normally do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Myself and LoughC have been MIA for the last two weeks. We didn't go to weigh in last week as we moved house and were up to our eyes! Pointing the majority of the time and had a few small slip ups. Weigh in today I lost 1lb and LoughC stayed the same.

Delighted!! :-D

Also got my exam results! Passed everything. Even got 1 A and 7 B's. :-)) x

Delighted!! :-D

Also got my exam results! Passed everything. Even got 1 A and 7 B's. :-)) x
    Well done Jwacqui brilliant results on the weigh in and the exams :)

Two days into my week and its going ok thank god bulking out my lunches and trying not to waste points on rubbish!!!
    I have been working out too but god I just don't enjoy it some times and I second guess myself as to whether or not I am doing enough.. silly I know :/

Have a dinner party on Sat so I am doing the starter- going to do some low pp Asian nibbles, skewers, samosas and Hanoi rolls yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I've been so bad the past couple of weeks - I've forgotten how to track!

Have a family funeral this week and friends arriving for the weekend so there will be no exercise or tracking done again.

Next week I'm definetly getting back on track.

Back to basics this week. I think not eating all my points could be working against me. Some days I do eat them, some days I don't. I'm only on the minimum 26 now. I'm sipping away at my bottle of water. I go great for 2 days every week and then it falls by the wayside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hola everyone,
    So for the past 2 months I had 3 weeks of exams, a 10 day hol in Croatia, I got exam results last week- all Firsts (Thank you God) and then went to Pamplona for 4 days last weekend which have all been fantastic but not very weightwatcher friendly. All in all I am up 6lbs from my lowest in April so I am officially back on track this week.
    Is anyone else like me, absolutely fantastic when you have the same routine week in week out but as soon as you have even one unexpected night out everything goes a little awry. I have nothing but admiration for everyone that manages to keep things on track every week without fail. This weekend I am going back to basics. Going to scour through my Hairy Dieters cookbook and make a weeks meal plans and then cycle to the shops and get the ingredients. I need to just get back on top of everything. Good luck to everyone else in a similar position. We can do it :)

Advertisement